PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Alternate Movement Options in DSP Material

Powerdork
2023-08-19, 02:13 PM
I'm looking to play Pathfinder with a friend, in a Dreamscarred Press third-party environment (they're the books I have, from before I stopped getting paid for my work).

Without recommending material that's from publishers building upon DSP's work (on primarily the Path of War, Psionics Augmented, and Akashic Mysteries product lines, although I do have the Lords books, Bloodforge, and Steelforge), which abilities are you aware of that allow the users to perform movement worth considering over basic walking, as a move action or in place of regular movement (for those characters who have their standard and swift actions spoken for)?

For instance, the 9th-level harbinger's dark wings and omenwalk, in her grim news class feature, and the 13th-level malefex's witch walk (the latter two of which let you teleport up to your speed as a move action, while the formermost gives you a fly speed), the Feet bind of the stalker's tabi veil for 5th-level gurus and 4th-level viziers (which allows you to teleport between shadowy places), and the 5th-grade Fools Errand stance Lesson IV: The Ladder (which allows you to replace basic movement and maneuver-granted movement with air-jumps like you're holding the Soda Popper (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4JVi5QlCYQ&t=25s)) all come to mind right away, but I'm sure I'm missing some noteworthy options.

Rynjin
2023-08-19, 02:31 PM
Probably the baseline (and earliest introduced) one is Veiled Moon's Stance of the Ether Gate, a 5th level Stance. It allows you to teleport at-will up to your movement speed (full movement; not base) as a move action, and counts as Dimension Door for Dimensional Agility, so it retains both in-combat and out of combat utility.

Seerow
2023-08-19, 02:48 PM
5th level Silver Crane stance gives Fly Speed equal to twice your land speed.