PDA

View Full Version : Feat Revision: Weapon Speciazation

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-07, 11:31 PM
This doesn't fix everything wrong with the fighter, but it helps, and makes their "special" feat worth taking.

Greater Weapon Focus
Prerequisites: Proficiency with selected weapon, Weapon Focus with selected weapon, Fighter Level 8
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon. This bonus stacks with other bonuses on attack rolls, including the one from Weapon Focus (see below).
Special
Same as normal

Greater Weapon Specialization

Prerequisites

Proficiency with selected weapon, Greater Weapon Focus with selected weapon, Weapon Focus with selected weapon, Weapon Specialization with selected weapon, fighter level 12th.

Benefit

You gain a bonus on all damage rolls you make using the selected weapon equal to one half your fighter level. This bonus stacks with other bonuses on damage rolls, including the one from Weapon Specialization (see below).
Special
Same as normal

TheGrimace
2007-12-08, 12:41 AM
I suppose that's one way to deal with it.
I preferred the whole extended focus/spec tree, but if this is the way you feel like going with it, I don't see it being too bad.
I would add a third weapon focus maybe? (a fighter's gotta be able to hit on his fourth iterive attack!)

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-08, 12:48 AM
Heh:

A Third Weapon Focus
Prerequisite: blah blah blah
Benefit: The fighter always hits on his fourth iterative attack.
Special: Yes, always.

brian c
2007-12-08, 01:16 AM
Heh:

A Third Weapon Focus
Prerequisite: blah blah blah
Benefit: The fighter always hits on his fourth iterative attack.
Special: Yes, always.

Man, that makes full attacks really nice to have