PDA

View Full Version : Lorcana- Co-Op format. I haven’t yet played but I must brew

BerzerkerUnit
2023-08-26, 02:13 AM
So I haven’t been into a CCG since MtG in the 90s.

I figure Lorcana is gonna hit big, so here’s a pitch for a full Co-Op version.

Dream Eater
So you and your fellow players face an existential threat called the Dream Eater. The DE will destroy reality in X turns unless various secret stones are brought together to defeat it.

For our purposes we’ll include a regular deck of playing cards which is used to determine the required Lore cost to learn the location of the secret stones.

1 card is drawn per player. So if you have two players and draw a king and an 8, you have 18 turns. It requires 10 lore to find the first stone, and 8 to find the second.

The entire lore cost must be paid by a single player. But the game is won once all the secret stones are found.

Complications:
The Dream Eater goes during each players turn, the only thing it can do is have its controlled characters challenge.

At the end of each players turn the Dream Eater eats the dreams of one Character glimmer from any player, starting with the highest. That character then comes under the dream eater’s control and is “empowered by darkness” it heals all damage and readies at the start of every turn. All the DE’s controlled characters challenge in sequence, highest list strength to lowest, striving to eliminate all potential lore acquisition.

The total number of turns till reality collapse is equal to double the cost of the secret lore. From our earlier example you’d have 36 turns to acquire the stones, but you’d have to accrue that Lore while the Dream Eater is stealing your most powerful Glimmers and trying to stymie you.

If anyone has actual play or a deeper system knowledge and wants to help develop this, let me know.

Also, give me a heads up if there’s a Kingdom Hearts deck out there.

Thanks!