PDA

View Full Version : (More) abusive Echo knight??

Clause
2023-08-27, 04:33 PM
I have reading echo knight, and have some ideas:
If you are a vhuman, and take the mage of hight sorcery background( there are no rules to force you to be a spellcaster for the background). You will have 2 feats at level 1.
One nof then will be initiate of hightsorcery. That gives a spell, and some bonuses. You will catch lunitari as your moon. The v human feat, you will catch Aberrant dragonmark. And yes , you are a plane traveller or one of the inumerous dragons in oerth have the power to do this.

The fight style can varies, but i like: tunnel fighter, superior tecnique, trhow or unarmed. (If unarmed, use no weapons nor shield nor armor. U dont need)

At level four, cath adept of the red robes and the mirror imahe spell.

You can hide yourself and see the echo launching mirror image on itself. Roll a dice(dragonmark) ad causing damage on a enemy, or gain temporary hit points, making the echo more durable.
Next feat will be squire of solamnia. And the tree subsequent are knght of rose, crow and sowrd ( in your choice of order) eldrith adept are good choices too. and finally, taje the gifts of the dragons(yess, there is nothing impeding to have alk of them).
Now your echo, is more durable and more attack powerfull.

All the feats that give improvement atribute, take const. If get 20, take dex.

For itens: book to improve cons/dex, displacement mantle and/or barrier tatoo.

Is this viable?

Anything i forgof???

Thougts?

JNAProductions
2023-08-27, 05:41 PM
Thoughts…

Your grammar makes it hard to read. And you’re mixing content from different settings and some UA content that never made it to print. Not to mention Echo Knight itself isn’t even official content.

I’d probably reject someone who came to my table with this-I don’t mind powerful player characters, but I want them to be characters first and builds second.

strangebloke
2023-08-27, 07:26 PM
Yeah I reject setting specific backgrounds out of hand. That's not a character you're building its a mechanical machine, especially with all the dubious UA.

For an abusive echo knight build, I'd do something like the following:

Echo Knight with Mounted Combatant on an elephant.

Elephants are surprisingly cheap. 200 GP. Get one by like level 4 or so, hop on its back. The elephant is stronger than you initially, so you just have it attack. Take mounted combatant to protect it as it toots your way to victory. And at later levels, when you attack, you'll have advantage against all large and smaller enemies, so you can easily set up GWM or similar, even if you're attacking through your echo.

A lot of people forget elephants are in the game, but they're in the PHB, you can buy them quite cheaply. Some people will say this is abusive or unfair, but these people are being anti-fun, and worse, anti-elephant. Don't play with those people.

Lycurgon
2023-08-27, 08:28 PM
Yeah most of this doesn't work. The Echo is not you, so most of the effect s you are trying to use on it cant target it. Mirror image has a range of self, so it targets you, not your echo. Aberrant Dragonmark gives you temp HP, it does not effect your echo. The echo is not able to be targetted by any effect that targets "self" or "you", since it is an image created by you.

There are some powerful things you can do with the Echo Knight but not the things you are planning.

Clause
2023-08-28, 09:54 AM
Yeah most of this doesn't work. The Echo is not you, so most of the effect s you are trying to use on it cant target it. Mirror image has a range of self, so it targets you, not your echo. Aberrant Dragonmark gives you temp HP, it does not effect your echo. The echo is not able to be targetted by any effect that targets "self" or "you", since it is an image created by you.

There are some powerful things you can do with the Echo Knight but not the things you are planning.

but the actions cam be maded from the echo´s point. so is him who cast the spells on itself. no? if the echo casts the mirror image, so, the "SELF" range target it? ok with the aberrant dragonmark, i accept this. but the knight of rose temporary hit points will afect the echo. ok?

i really apreciate your comments

JNAProductions
2023-08-28, 10:02 AM
You can attack from your Echo.
You can't cast spells from it.

claypigeons
2023-08-28, 11:02 AM
but the actions cam be maded from the echo´s point. so is him who cast the spells on itself. no? if the echo casts the mirror image, so, the "SELF" range target it? ok with the aberrant dragonmark, i accept this. but the knight of rose temporary hit points will afect the echo. ok?

i really apreciate your comments

The echo is an object, and can't gain temp HP regardless of whether your DM lets it cast a spell.

The echo knight already stands as one of the strongest fighter subclasses, there is no need to try to cheese out ways to abuse things.

RogueJK
2023-08-28, 01:38 PM
You can attack from your Echo.
You can't cast spells from it.

Exactly. The Echo is an object/image, not a creature. It's not like having a sidekick/companion/summon.

The Echo cannot do any actions itself. It cannot make attacks. It cannot cast spells. It likewise cannot take any other Actions like Help/Use Object/Hide/Ready/etc.

And while you have class abilities that allow you to make attacks from your Echo's space in some circumstances, you don't have any ability that allows you to cast spells on/through it.

Besides, since it's an object and not a creature, it cannot benefit from any buffing/healing/Temp HP spells. It's just an image.

Clause
2023-08-28, 03:35 PM
Exactly. The Echo is an object/image, not a creature. It's not like having a sidekick/companion/summon.

The Echo cannot do any actions itself. It cannot make attacks. It cannot cast spells. It likewise cannot take any other Actions like Help/Use Object/Hide/Ready/etc.

And while you have class abilities that allow you to make attacks from your Echo's space in some circumstances, you don't have any ability that allows you to cast spells on/through it.

Besides, since it's an object and not a creature, it cannot benefit from any buffing/healing/Temp HP spells. It's just an image.

OH i understand, thankes for nlightening the question!

The echo is an object, and can't gain temp HP regardless of whether your DM lets it cast a spell.

The echo knight already stands as one of the strongest fighter subclasses, there is no need to try to cheese out ways to abuse things.

hanks for your answer. this was a perfect line to resolve my doubts.

Arkhios
2023-08-29, 01:03 AM
While true that you can't cast spells as if you were in the echo's space, there is a way to go around this, but it requires a six level "dip" in Scribes Wizard and their Manifest Mind (later, spectral mind) feature to be active. A Scribe is able to cast their spells as if they were in the spectral mind's space.

Although the echo does occupy a space, the spectral mind doesn't, and so you can have them both appear in the same space!

Also, you can move the echo up to 30 feet in any direction (no action required), and you can move the Scribes' spectral mind up to 30 feet in any direction (as a bonus action), so you could always simply relocate both into same space as long as you spend your bonus action to do that.

Clause
2023-09-10, 12:00 AM
While true that you can't cast spells as if you were in the echo's space, there is a way to go around this, but it requires a six level "dip" in Scribes Wizard and their Manifest Mind (later, spectral mind) feature to be active. A Scribe is able to cast their spells as if they were in the spectral mind's space.

Although the echo does occupy a space, the spectral mind doesn't, and so you can have them both appear in the same space!

Also, you can move the echo up to 30 feet in any direction (no action required), and you can move the Scribes' spectral mind up to 30 feet in any direction (as a bonus action), so you could always simply relocate both into same space as long as you spend your bonus action to do that.

An inpressionant good way to do this. I will read about.