PDA

View Full Version : Dark Devotion {Evil 5e} OOC

Pages : [1] 2

Lentrax
2023-08-28, 10:03 AM
This is the OOC for Dark Devotion.

I will be editing in details, links, and other things as I remember to do so.

For now, please link your sheets below, and I will get the IC up soon.

IC is now live. (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?659128-Dark-Devotion-Evil-5e-IC&p=25856047#post25856047)

Link to original recruit thread. (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?659004-Dark-Devotion-5e)

Lentrax
2023-08-28, 10:03 AM
This post reserved for GM use.

Millstone85
2023-08-28, 10:16 AM
https://i.imgur.com/pUDyibOm.png (https://i.imgur.com/pUDyibO.png)
Tanael Jaylard (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2827781)

Medium Humanoid (Reborn), LE
Artificer 3, Armorer

AC 20 (plate, shield)
HP 33, Speed 30 ft., PB +2

STR
11 (+0)DEX
16 (+3)CON
16 (+3)
INT
16 (+3)WIS
14 (+2)CHA
14 (+2)

Saving Throws Con +5, Int +5
Skills Arcana +5, Acrobatics +5

Athletics +2, Intimidation +4
Perception +4, Stealth +5

Senses passive Perception 14
Languages Common, Infernal

Conditions disadvDex(Stealth)

The character will speak in this color.

Appearance
Tanael can be mistaken for a warforged, or some other thin iron construct, until a closer inspection reveals human eyes looking from inside a heavy armor that seems to have collapsed on itself like crushed cardboard. Yet he moves with ease and, when asked, claims to not be trapped in the metal but to purposely keep it donned at all times in an effort to become self-forged.

Typical Garb
Tanael favors clothes that are the same grey/beige color as his new "skin". He seems fond of a hooded trench coat, a pair of protective goggles and a shield in the shape of a eight-toothed cogwheel, a combination that signals an artificer as unsubtly as a robe, a pointy hat and a staff would a wizard. Tanael usually leaves his other hand free to cast spells and throw punches.

Death and Rebirth
Tanael doesn't recall much of his life before he fell near the end of the war. He was no one of import, just some conscripted peasant following orders, and would die this way forever again on the Infinite Battlefield of Acheron. Why a cleric of Hextor decided to bring him back to life, he can not fathom. What he knows is that war isn't over and never will be, at least not for him.

Sinister Quest
Faced with his damned soul, seeing no hope for salvation, Tanael decided to reinvent himself in the image of the fiendish constructs he saw in Acheron: cadaver collectors, clockwork horrors, steel predators... If he were to be a cog in the war machine, then he would make himself resilient and well oiled. Donning an arcane armor, Tanael soon felt conventional life leave his flesh.

Fealty to the Overlord
The lawful planes reward discipline, loyalty and those who learn to rule by first learning to serve. And so Tanael sought a master, a mortal conqueror to help write the legend of. Colonel Keiera Malfithross is a national hero, in some ways more popular than the Emperor. What glorious plans might she be hatching? Tanael remained attentive to any sign of the Colonel hiring.

A Score to Settle
Tanael kept a "trophy" from the war, a dagger that was still lodged in his chest when the cleric of Hextor found him. Tanael clearly remembers the enemy soldier who put the dagger there and, in truth, he bears the man no resentment. But he must return to Acheron a victor and can he call himself such if he does not properly bring the dagger back to this fine gentleman?
I took the clockwork amulet (XGtE p137) as my common magic item.

Athedia
2023-08-28, 10:51 AM
Ren (Trickery Domain Cleric) (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2827820)

May I use this color

A bar fight changed her life. And she didn't even get to be involved. She had been outside waiting for the drunks to stumble out so she could help lighten what remained of their purses. With so many returning soldiers there was often plenty of coin. But the lot that stumbled out carrying their bleeding friend weren't good marks. No, they were desperate and here was someone fiddling with a holy symbol strung round her neck. A mere trinket she had carried since childhood for comfort.

They didn't listen to her try to explain she wasn't a healer, that they should bring him to someone else. She was here, she had a symbol and according to them she was letting their friend die. And she did watch him die. She had seen dead people before, sometimes folks just didn't wake up. But this was the first person she saw cross the line between life and death.

The next moments were pure pain. All the anger at the person who had stabbed their friend directed at the person unable to save him. Then it stopped and the last thing she saw before passing out was the face of the woman she now owed a life debt. She woke up in a hospital to the news that while they had saved her eye, her horn on that side was damaged beyond any hope. And news that the men were being ordered back to the front lines, for good.

She still held the holy symbol, no longer a trinket but what she regarded as a catalyst of change. Divine intervention was simply a painful lesson in what path she needed to follow.

Today she serves the Colonel as best she can, trying to grow stronger in order to repay her for the chance. She assists those obtaining information from the Colonel's enemies through subtler means, befriending them as they wait for the next interrogation, healing them enough so they don't die and watching when they do.

The Commander
2023-08-28, 11:19 AM
Garak Bloodhorn
Minotaur Soldier, War Domain Cleric

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/ea/2c/7b/ea2c7b75e4f55eae5a3c03d7de14a27c.jpg

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2827860

"Garak will speak in Fire Brick."

To say that Garak Bloodhorn enjoyed the war would be like saying a fish enjoyed the sea, or a bird enjoyed the sky.

Ever since he was a child, Garak loved getting into physical fights and confrontations. To him, he never felt more alive in those moments. It came as no surprise when he devoted himself to Hextor, lord of battle, and enlisted in the army as soon as he was legally able. Harsh discipline was instilled in him, and a sense of camaraderie with his fellow soldiers that stayed with Garak all throughout the campaign. Fighting a battle was fun, but fighting it with friends was even better.

It was during this campaign that Garak founded a deep and unshakeable respect and loyalty towards Colonel Keiera Malfithross, she was strong, unrelenting, and brave. Garak could feel the eyes of Hextor upon her, and the urging of his god to assist her in her future endeavours; for there would be many glorious battles fought under her name in the times to come.

(Smouldering Armour taken as Common Magic Item - used with Plate Mail)

JNAProductions
2023-08-28, 12:27 PM
Katherine's Sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2827988)

Assuming DFA is approved, I has character sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2827988).

Katherine was born in the northern reaches to a deadbeat father and a mother who tried. She really did. But she didn't get lucky. When Katherine was eight, her mother fell ill, and never recovered. She was heartbroken, while her father just... Kinda kept going. He didn't offer much in the way of comfort for his own grieving daughter, and even pawned off some of her mother's belongings for booze.

She hated her father for that. But he was more than twice her size, and he knew how to fight, even if he was a drunken slob. So she ran away, and fell in with the Kyrons. These were a group of bandits, working under Kyro, a young white dragon. Kyro was a cunning predator and an excellent planner-and he saw opportunity in Katherine. She was young enough to be molded into an appropriate agent. He ran her through the ringer, making her prove her worth to him, but treated her with respect and even a facsimile of love. She had found a father figure.

When she was eleven, she went through a Ritual of Apotheosis, becoming part of Kyro himself. She emerged from the ritual, weakened for the moment, but far stronger than before. Kyro let her go fulfill the desire that had been burning for the past several years.

She returned home, while her father was sleeping. He woke soon, but could do nothing to stop his daughter.
His death was not quick or painless.

Katherine returned to the Kyrons, and with her judgment a little less clouded by vengeance on the mind, she saw Kyro lacked real affection for her-only having it for what she could do for him. So she endeavored his downfall-letting little tidbits slip until the army of the Emperor came down on his head. Colonel Keiera Malfithross lead the team that killed Kyro, and as a reward for her help, Katherine was offered a position working for the Colonel. This was shortly before the war began, and she lacked the training needed to go to war herself. But she worked hard in the Colonel's absence, and upon her return, noticed that the Colonel was different. Colder. Harder. More like her.
She liked the change.

With the new demands and actions taken by Keiera, Katherine worked hard, enjoying the new, more cynical approaches. Katherine has a reputation among those who know as Keiera's executioner. She will go the victim-bound, blinded, but not gagged; and kiss them deeply. As they struggle, unsure of what the hell is happening, icy death begins to pour from her mouth into theirs.

Requesting my classic, the DFA. (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?563200-Dragonfire-Adept-(Again))

If that's a no, I might go Paladin.
Reposting my details. Katherine will talk in icy teal.

I haven't actually selected my common item. I should probably do that.

Vozen
2023-08-28, 01:59 PM
Alycie the Amazing! (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2828500)
Level 3 Wizard (School of Illusion) | HP: 24/24 | AC: 13 (16 with Mage Armor)
What do you say when a person uses you? Alycie was some nobody, bastard child of some muddled mix of elf and human with nothing to her name, but had the spark of magical talent and a desperate desire to have more in her life. So she got her hopes up to gaine the attention of a powerful Wizard with the idea that perhaps she could be more.

Of course she failed, of course she was thrown away after a few months when she could not keep up with children with rich formal educations. She was an uneducated child who muddled through the basics on inherent talent alone, and spellwork needed more than that. It was after that pain, that abandonment that she went to work in the circus, her illusion work she had managed to work out and talent for showmanship letting her work as an entertainer, creating the false front of 'The Mighty Witch Alycie!' as both a joke and a representation of what she could be.

She desperately longed, craved to be more than she was, so much so that when an agent of Colonel Malfithross saw the potential in her as an agent she took the job without hesitation. Fed scraps of knowledge and basic wizarding training she was sent out to do the dirty work wanted of her, and she didn't really care. this mad world was her stage, and she would play the roll of mighty spell weaver until she was no longer playing but being that roll.

The stage is set, and the star is here! Look upon her and be amazed!

“I, Alycie, will speak in this fitting color for your enjoyment!”

Also me and my magic hat are pleased to be here.

Athedia
2023-08-28, 02:34 PM
Oh right I remember this bit. The part where everyone is waiting for someone to post first.

Lentrax
2023-08-28, 02:47 PM
Speaking of which.

You are free to name whatever task you would have been sent to perform.

As usual, because this is pbp, my openings are solely to make sure everyone knows the game is starting. As soon as I have everyone here, I will push on.

Athedia
2023-08-28, 03:29 PM
Just please let me know if I need to do stuff differently, it has been a bit since I have done a PbP on here.

Millstone85
2023-08-28, 05:16 PM
Oh right I remember this bit. The part where everyone is waiting for someone to post first.In my case, I have only just been able to sit at my computer and think up an answer.

Still, thank you for posting first and giving me a model to follow. :smallsmile:

Athedia
2023-08-28, 05:24 PM
In my case, I have only just been able to sit at my computer and think up an answer.

Still, thank you for posting first and giving me a model to follow. :smallsmile:

I work an office job with lots of downtime. It comes in handy sometimes

Millstone85
2023-08-29, 06:13 AM
Added 10 gp to my purse.

Also, I still don't know what rank Tanael is, only that it would make sense for it to be a lesser one than Garak's.

The Commander
2023-08-29, 09:11 AM
Also, I still don't know what rank Tanael is, only that it would make sense for it to be a lesser one than Garak's.

As a Level 3 character, I imagine that Garak is probably an equivalent of a Corporal. Which would make Tanael either a Lance Corporal or a Private equivalent.

Millstone85
2023-08-29, 02:39 PM
Wisdom (Perception) check: (1d20+4)[12] with an additional (1d4)[1]Oh joy, it is worse than my passive.

As a Level 3 character, I imagine that Garak is probably an equivalent of a Corporal. Which would make Tanael either a Lance Corporal or a Private equivalent."Lance corporal", I like that.

Edit: I have been so busy enjoying everyone's narration that I only now realize we haven't all been in sync regarding the tense of it. Should I switch to present tense to be in line with Lentrax?

Athedia
2023-08-30, 07:34 AM
(1d20+4)[5] Does she recognize these as from any religions or religious practices?

Good job Ren ​facepalm

Edit: I think varying tenses is okay? I think we all get what each other is writing.

The Commander
2023-08-30, 08:28 AM
Edit: I have been so busy enjoying everyone's narration that I only now realize we haven't all been in sync regarding the tense of it. Should I switch to present tense to be in line with Lentrax?

Edit: I think varying tenses is okay? I think we all get what each other is writing.

I've been able to understand what everyone has been saying so far. I imagine we might start to get different tenses when we get into encounters; but I'm sure we will be able to decipher what people mean and intend.

Lentrax
2023-08-30, 11:22 AM
Arcana Check: You have heard of such things, artifacts called Mapsands. But only in objects as small as shallow bowls or plates at most a foot across. Nothing of this size, or level of detail. And to control it so precisely as to make certain parts of it glow? Not even in legends have you heard of, and never have you ever seen one in use.

Vozen
2023-08-30, 03:45 PM
The map recreation should be about done by now, right?

Lentrax
2023-08-30, 03:46 PM
Basically whenever you all are ready.

Athedia
2023-08-30, 03:47 PM
I'm ready to head out

Millstone85
2023-08-30, 03:52 PM
I just had my character become worried about making the Colonel wait, so yeah I am ready too.

Vozen
2023-08-30, 04:04 PM
All set to go

JNAProductions
2023-08-30, 10:52 PM
Ready and waiting. :)

Athedia
2023-08-31, 09:35 AM
Internet went down at work so everyone is just relaxing. Fun times. Ren should get more talky later she is just teetering between relief she isn't going to die yet and wanting to make a good impression.

Athedia
2023-08-31, 11:58 AM
I am okay renting rooms at the inn this evening (in response to your question Commander)

Millstone85
2023-08-31, 03:41 PM
Does the Honest Quisling only provide alcohol and games, or also bedrooms?

And if so, do we typically use those or are we encouraged to take our quarters away from the contact point?

Edit: The idea seems popular, so to our HQ it is.

The Commander
2023-09-01, 03:27 PM
The idea seems popular, so to our HQ it is.

You know, I never considered the initials spelled HQ! Very clever!

Athedia
2023-09-01, 03:56 PM
Just looked up what Quisling meant as well. Nice name for our HQ :P

The Commander
2023-09-01, 04:23 PM
I'm already sensing party divides beginning to form! I love it!

Vozen
2023-09-02, 05:32 AM
By the way, if you're trying to imagine Alycie's general look and voice tone, approximately this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR4cQLw8xXs

Millstone85
2023-09-02, 11:58 AM
By the way, if you're trying to imagine Alycie's general look and voice tone, approximately this.I like the half-mage half-jester hat.

Also this comment under the video: "Sideways is calamity, and don't bother with diagonals." That would be on Tanael's mind while he keeps pushing forward.

Athedia
2023-09-02, 12:02 PM
By the way, if you're trying to imagine Alycie's general look and voice tone, approximately this.

Ren's eye twitches

I love it

Lentrax
2023-09-03, 12:40 AM
So, what's your plan?

Athedia
2023-09-03, 12:51 AM
Waiting for Alycie but my preference is to get established in the town as soon as possible so we have a central point to work from.

Vozen
2023-09-03, 01:00 AM
Waiting for Alycie but my preference is to get established in the town as soon as possible so we have a central point to work from.

Sorry for the wait, I'll try and post a little more often.

Also, Lentrax? Do you mind if my Familiar just shows up at some point without preparing Find Familiar? Presumably they would have been summoned at some point before now and it would make it flow a little better narrative.

Lentrax
2023-09-03, 01:01 AM
That's fine with me.

Athedia
2023-09-03, 01:03 AM
Sorry for the wait, I'll try and post a little more often.

Also, Lentrax? Do you mind if my Familiar just shows up at some point without preparing Find Familiar? Presumably they would have been summoned at some point before now and it would make it flow a little better narrative.

No worries! I am just... chronically online and have major ADHD

Vozen
2023-09-03, 01:34 AM
That's fine with me.

Awesome...also just to check, but is summoning a Tressym ok?

It's on the list of potential Familiars so rules-as-written it's cool, but it is often that a DM will either ban it or restrict it to higher levels due to being just a hair too good.

So I figure it's only polite to ask before I pull one out of my hat.

The Commander
2023-09-03, 09:15 AM
Town is fine, just want to ask Sevanna/the bartender for info before we leave.

Lentrax
2023-09-03, 09:33 AM
Awesome...also just to check, but is summoning a Tressym ok?

It's on the list of potential Familiars so rules-as-written it's cool, but it is often that a DM will either ban it or restrict it to higher levels due to being just a hair too good.

So I figure it's only polite to ask before I pull one out of my hat.

I don't have a problem with it.

Millstone85
2023-09-03, 10:43 AM
Sorry, I had to. :smallbiggrin:

Athedia
2023-09-03, 04:13 PM
Sorry, I had to. :smallbiggrin:

I cracked up at it :smallbiggrin:

The Commander
2023-09-03, 04:24 PM
Clearly Garak's horns limit his peripheral vision :smallbiggrin:

The Commander
2023-09-04, 12:45 AM
Rerolling the Investigation check - [roll0]

Ah yes, these weapons are made out of weapon!

Lentrax
2023-09-04, 12:52 AM
The swords do indeed look very sword-like.

And you are no longer convinced those are spears. Just long, straight sticks.

Millstone85
2023-09-04, 06:25 AM
"These are the Salvaen Woods. Long ago, these woods formed the border between the kingdoms of Salvaen and Gerolth, now both only territories of the Empire. But from time to time, bandits and thieves take up residence in the ruins of border forts."
It takes time, but after an hour of asking through the Quarter, you are finally pointed to a shop being run by Allyna Valgwyn, a merchant who is said to be from Gerolth, beyond the woods. And she is said to have arrived back in town less than a week ago.So it is time to ask. Was Salvaen and/or Gerolth conquered during the recent war? If not, have they been part of the Empire long enough that they no longer consider themselves to be occupied by it? In other words, how much resentment should we expect from Allyna Valgwyn?

If this isn't common knowledge, here is a History check: [roll0]

Also, I might be interested in buying tattoo needles. That would depend on your ruling concerning spellwrought tattoos.An artificer can learn to replicate any common magic item "not including potions or scrolls". RAW, that would allow a spellwrought tattoo containing a cantrip or a 1st-level spell. However, it essentially works the same as a spell scroll. Better, in fact, because the tattoo has no class requirement whatsoever. Some DMs thus don't allow it.

For example, I could learn Replicate Spellwrought Tattoo of Identify as an infusion and thus cast identify once a day without need for a pearl worth 100 gp.

Or I could start handing out familiars like candy, though I feel this one is its own special case.

Millstone85
2023-09-04, 07:09 AM
Then again, the pearl might be a better investment, because:

It is not consumed, unlike the needle.
I can already prepare identify.

I would just have to discuss that purchase in-character with the party. Yeah, I will do that.

Lentrax
2023-09-04, 09:28 AM
So it is time to ask. Was Salvaen and/or Gerolth conquered during the recent war? If not, have they been part of the Empire long enough that they no longer consider themselves to be occupied by it? In other words, how much resentment should we expect from Allyna Valgwyn?

If this isn't common knowledge, here is a History check: [roll0]

Also, I might be interested in buying tattoo needles. That would depend on your ruling concerning spellwrought tattoos.An artificer can learn to replicate any common magic item "not including potions or scrolls". RAW, that would allow a spellwrought tattoo containing a cantrip or a 1st-level spell. However, it essentially works the same as a spell scroll. Better, in fact, because the tattoo has no class requirement whatsoever. Some DMs thus don't allow it.

For example, I could learn Replicate Spellwrought Tattoo of Identify as an infusion and thus cast identify once a day without need for a pearl worth 100 gp.

Or I could start handing out familiars like candy, though I feel this one is its own special case.

The recent war was against another nation, Trephil. Both Salvaen and Gerolth have been part of the Empire long enough that most people consider themselves part of the Empire and not from the original kingdoms that make up the various states of the Empire.

I have no problem with Magical tattooing, but of course, it is all within reason, and if we need to, we can revisit topics later.

Lentrax
2023-09-04, 03:49 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/05/50/f7/0550f79da2f53dcacb8d85347169d62c.jpg

Millstone85
2023-09-04, 06:06 PM
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/28e91a28-4b16-4080-8220-378c64726ec1/dbt7fyu-9c97fb6f-9535-4d6c-a4cf-08323799c097.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJ IUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQz NzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZT BkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6 W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzI4ZTkxYTI4LTRiMTYtNDA4MC04Mj IwLTM3OGM2NDcyNmVjMVwvZGJ0N2Z5dS05Yzk3ZmI2Zi05NTM1 LTRkNmMtYTRjZi0wODMyMzc5OWMwOTcuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIj pbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dikKr0xS wmpjPHuX1JYK8UuleSZu04wc0aJ88b6y-XM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/05/50/f7/0550f79da2f53dcacb8d85347169d62c.jpgThose are cool pictures but holy moly the address on the first one! Something to do with AI generation?

Lentrax
2023-09-04, 06:32 PM
Entirely possible. I didn't generate them, just find stuff with google searches.

Doesn't make it better, but I will do more diligence in the future.

Millstone85
2023-09-04, 06:44 PM
Entirely possible. I didn't generate them, just find stuff with google searches.

Doesn't make it better, but I will do more diligence in the future.All I meant is that the address is extremely long.

Athedia
2023-09-04, 06:46 PM
I have seen that happen before, I tend to reupload to a seperate place. I find discord actually works decently for that.

Unless the apology is for how terrifying The Colonel looks in which I should offer congrats instead :D

Lentrax
2023-09-04, 06:46 PM
Like I said. I don't check addresses. Just a scan for viruses in the picture, and then a copy of the address.

Although an unforseeable consequence of that is that there is a character limit on post sizes. I may have to start doing some image hosting shenanigans.

Lentrax
2023-09-04, 08:31 PM
The 100 total included the cost of the potions. Basic supplies are relatively cheap. There is the extra hundred for the pearl though.

JNAProductions
2023-09-04, 08:33 PM
The 100 total included the cost of the potions. Basic supplies are relatively cheap. There is the extra hundred for the pearl though.

Ah! I see, I see.

So 18 GP from each of us, and then the extra 100 for Mr. Magic Man. :P

I'll go ahead and deduct from my sheet.

The Commander
2023-09-04, 09:58 PM
Ah! I see, I see.

So 18 GP from each of us, and then the extra 100 for Mr. Magic Man. :P

I'll go ahead and deduct from my sheet.

Sounds good to me.

Athedia
2023-09-04, 10:28 PM
So a tent, bedroll and waterskin? Ren might be a little salty about paying for the potions even though they are very practical

Lentrax
2023-09-04, 10:49 PM
That was just the basics for everyone.

If you want or need anything else, add it on.

Millstone85
2023-09-05, 06:02 AM
So 18 GP from each of us, and then the extra 100 for Mr. Magic Man. :PWell, Mr. Magic Man is not happy with this merchant's selective hearing and vision, nor with her using a discount to distract from her prices.

He might also forego the pearl entirely if none of his companions are going to contribute to component expenses. :smallamused:

Athedia
2023-09-05, 08:37 AM
Ren is so internally facepalming rn. Garak needs to go flex his muscles or something. Oh... I should probably roll something probably Persuasion?

[roll0]

Please let me know if this should be at disadvantage now?

Millstone85
2023-09-05, 09:08 AM
But also recall that I was perfectly willing to answer your questions, sell you the goods you have asked for, and offer you a good price for them.
https://youtu.be/2sRS1dwCotw

I like this lady. :smallbiggrin:

Athedia
2023-09-05, 09:10 AM
I like her. Ren wants to push Taniel into a ravine :P

Millstone85
2023-09-05, 09:22 AM
I like her. Ren wants to push Taniel into a ravine :PShe is free to try, and to each their reading of the scene, but I don't believe for a moment that we were going anywhere good with Allyna. No actual intel, no buying her silence with others, just us being pigeons.

Athedia
2023-09-05, 09:26 AM
She is free to try, and to each their reading of the scene, but I don't believe for a moment that we were going anywhere good with Allyna. No actual intel, no buying her silence with others, just us being pigeons.

My reading of the scene agrees (and I like Thaniel a lot!)

Ren's is that she is very uncomfortable not least because the folks who started the talking already let more out than she was willing to.

Millstone85
2023-09-05, 09:30 AM
My reading of the scene agrees (and I like Thaniel a lot!)Thank you! I have been worried about not having a clear enough idea of his personality. I think I am going to build it as the story goes.

Ren's is that she is very uncomfortable not least because the folks who started the talking already let more out than she was willing to.On that she is right. That includes me/Tanael being too quick to offer to take on a quest in the woods.

Athedia
2023-09-05, 09:35 AM
Teamwork makes the dreamwork... the dream in this case being a nightmare and all of us mutually being trapped in it.

Millstone85
2023-09-05, 10:13 AM
(1d20+4)[8] to appear unfazed.Floating objects are scary, okay?

Also, I am switching to present-tense narration. It feels more natural at this point.

So far, she has been honest with you. You do not get the idea that she was attempting to deceive you in any way, and in fact, she seems genuinely hurt.I guess she is just getting on in age, then. It is hard to tell with elves.

Athedia
2023-09-05, 10:24 AM
I think Ren would have respected her more if she was lying or messing with us. But being hurt is just... sad.

Lentrax
2023-09-05, 10:32 AM
Not everyone is as evil as you all are supposed to be.

Athedia
2023-09-05, 10:37 AM

I dunno, literally locking people into a building is not *good* behavior. And Ren was happy to try to smooth the situation over before the outburst. She isn't happy about spending so much money (mostly because it mostly being for the potions) but she was willing to pay to get them all moving faster.

Lentrax
2023-09-05, 10:49 AM
It isn’t evil either. But she will make sure she gets everything back, assuming no one tries bargaining further.

Millstone85
2023-09-05, 10:52 AM
I dunno, literally locking people into a building is not *good* behavior. And Ren was happy to try to smooth the situation over before the outburst. She isn't happy about spending so much money (mostly because it mostly being for the potions) but she was willing to pay to get them all moving faster.Exactly, you don't sequestrate an unhappy client, even if they have reached Karen level in your eyes. You also don't start counting things a client specifically said they didn't need.

Anyway, sorry for ruining the NPC encounter. Maybe she can still be swayed by beefcake, pun intended.

Athedia
2023-09-05, 10:53 AM
Exactly, you don't sequestrate an unhappy client, even if they have reached Karen level in your eyes. You also don't start counting things a client specifically said they didn't need.

Anyway, sorry for ruining the NPC encounter. Maybe she can still be swayed by beefcake, pun intended.

Heh, having worked in a store before I would want to be anywhere *except* sequestered with unhappy clients. But yeah maybe Garak can flex his muscles and get her to soften.

EDIT: To be clear I am enjoying the interaction. It is a fun early "oh we all really don't know how this team thing works out"

The Commander
2023-09-05, 01:08 PM
Me: "Things seem to be going well in the IC, we have our gear and the shopkeeper seems infatuated with my character!"

*logs off*

*logs back on much later*

Me: "Well, let's see how things have progressed!"

*reads 1 page of threats and entrapment*

Me: "Oh... well err... is romancing the shopkeeper still on the table?"

Athedia
2023-09-05, 01:11 PM
Me: "Things seem to be going well in the IC, we have our gear and the shopkeeper seems infatuated with my character!"

*logs off*

*logs back on much later*

Me: "Well, let's see how things have progressed!"

*reads 1 page of threats and entrapment*

Me: "Oh... well err... is romancing the shopkeeper still on the table?"

I didn't want to pimp your character out without your permission. But *please*

Millstone85
2023-09-05, 01:19 PM
"Oh... well err... is romancing the shopkeeper still on the table?"
I didn't want to pimp your character out without your permission. But *please*And don't hesitate to have Garak go "Silence, soldier!" on Tanael if needed.

Edit:

"Your shop will soon have at least one corpse in it.":smalleek::smalleek::smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

This is either further escalation or a way stronger method to shut my character up than I expected.

Athedia
2023-09-05, 01:40 PM
Or that. That is scary.

The Commander
2023-09-05, 02:04 PM
I did um and ah about how to respond to the situation, but ultimately decided:

Garak's a war priest for a deity of battle, he and his companions have been imprisoned and threatened. Even if Garak is killed, it would be in doing honourable combat. The party is also, ultimately, evil. I just can't see a way for, Garak at least, not to take such a display as a challenge.

EDIT: Garak also appreciates that he and his companions could very well die here; which is why he said 'at least one' corpse - either the shopkeeper dies or we do.

Athedia
2023-09-05, 02:06 PM
I did um and ah about how to respond to the situation, but ultimately decided:

Garak's a war priest for a deity of battle, he and his companions have been imprisoned and threatened. Even if Garak is killed, it would be in doing honourable combat. The party is also, ultimately, evil. I just can't see a way for, Garak at least, not to take such a display as a challenge.

Totally reasonable. Ren being one of the minority not actually evil aligned just... evil allied was more focusing on the "get out then figure out what we do about this"

Athedia
2023-09-05, 03:53 PM
Heh rule one always see how well the door is actually locked.

EDIT: Also the complications of a fight in the middle of a merchant district are *not* great optics when our job is to give credit for stopping the bandit attacks through recruitment of said bandits to the colonel.

Millstone85
2023-09-05, 04:08 PM
I feel that whatever is coming is going to be indicative of how much we have crossed the murderhobo line in Lentrax's eyes.

Athedia
2023-09-05, 04:13 PM
Well as stated Ren is going to hold the door long enough for Alycie and Katherine to flee (she is actually pretty neutral on whether they grab their coin or drop the items before doing so, theft is a lot easier to get away with than murder). If Thaneal or Garak leave as well she is fine with that. But she isn't waiting around for them.

Edit: Also louder for Ren is still probably around Garaks usual speaking voice lol

Edit2: Hey thanks for removing Rens name there

Millstone85
2023-09-05, 04:21 PM
Also louder for Ren is still probably around Garaks usual speaking voice lolSo yes, you did alert the whole quarter. :smallbiggrin:

Athedia
2023-09-05, 04:28 PM
Okay fair but I am pretty sure that is still better than the mess that will be left if the ego off continues.

And she didn't say anything about what was *happening*. Just that you know... Pick your battles

The Commander
2023-09-05, 04:35 PM
I feel that whatever is coming is going to be indicative of how much we have crossed the murderhobo line in Lentrax's eyes.

Genuinely had no intention of robbing or murdering the shopkeeper - I was ready to take my things and leave; but then she locked us in her shop and told us “I think you had better stay and see what happens next. Don’t you?“ It really does sound like a threat of violence and Garak is simply responding in kind. Tanael may have been rude, but he wasn't stealing anything or even threatening her. Ren had even tried to salvage the situation diplomatically. It doesn't feel very murderhobo-y to act in self-defence.

There's a good way I can reason for Garak backing down, so I'll use that.

Athedia
2023-09-05, 04:44 PM
Genuinely had no intention of robbing or murdering the shopkeeper - I was ready to take my things and leave; but then she locked us in her shop and told us “I think you had better stay and see what happens next. Don’t you?“ It really does sound like a threat of violence and Garak is simply responding in kind. Tanael may have been rude, but he wasn't stealing anything or even threatening her. Ren had even tried to salvage the situation diplomatically. It doesn't feel very murderhobo-y to act in self-defence.

There's a good way I can reason for Garak backing down, so I'll use that.

Yeah the locking us in thing Ren even called out as a supremely stupid idea. And if the door hasn't opened I would have 100% switched to "only way out is through".

Millstone85
2023-09-06, 09:26 AM
"By the Hells one to nine, don't you dare pretend to look down on me while you wiggle in the mud!"Reading this again, I ought to clarify that it isn't a threat to physically throw Ren in the mud. It is just an insult, about who of him or her displayed the "lowest" behavior in recent events.

Natael's body language doesn't show any intent to attack, and I am not looking for PvP.

Athedia
2023-09-06, 09:36 AM
Also to be clear I (the player) am totally fine with this. She is willing to do anything to save herself pretty much. When talking/bribing didn't work she hid to try to escape.

Also I am going to try to slow down my posting speed since I know I am online a lot and probably am reacting to fast. I don't want to make other folks feel like they can't contribute just cuz their schedules are different.

Millstone85
2023-09-06, 09:41 AM
Also to be clear I (the player) am totally fine with this.
Also I am going to try to slow down my posting speed since I know I am online a lot and probably am reacting to fast.Likewise, on both points. :smallsmile:

She is willing to do anything to save herself pretty much. When talking/bribing didn't work she hid to try to escape.Meanwhile, he has a very fragile ego as a result of having once, in his eyes, "died a nobody". I will even add in that the battlefield was muddy that day, to make his words a bit projective.

Athedia
2023-09-06, 10:52 AM
I just also wanna kinda check in with everyone. Are people feeling okay? Would you like us to slow down a little more (I do tend to get over eager)? I wanna make sure everyone is comfortable.

EDIT: JNA I believe you meant Ren there not Alycie. I did mention the name but just because I wanted to make sure I wasn't like shutting her in the room

The Commander
2023-09-06, 01:44 PM
Your posting rate is absolutely fine with me.

Vozen
2023-09-07, 03:27 AM
Sorry all, hectic few days. I tried to compensate by opting out of the shop bartering, but I'll try and get myself back into the narrative asap.

Millstone85
2023-09-07, 04:03 AM
Sorry all, hectic few days. I tried to compensate by opting out of the shop bartering, but I'll try and get myself back into the narrative asap.Ah, good! I was worried our recent roleplay had turned you away.

Athedia
2023-09-07, 06:02 AM
Same! I like Alycie!

Let us know if we can help at all!

Vozen
2023-09-07, 06:23 AM
All I need is a touch of grace and patience. I hope to have a hearty post in the next 24 hour or less.

Athedia
2023-09-08, 07:23 AM
Orion sounds cute! I can't help picturing a Gaelicat which are one of my favorite minions in FFXIV.

As stated Lexan if you wish to move us forward I am fine with handwaving getting the rest of the supplies.

Lentrax
2023-09-08, 09:12 AM
Handwaving the shopping scene, you can buy what ever you want from the adventuring gear list at market price.

Athedia
2023-09-08, 11:40 AM
Would there be a place I could pick up a disguise kit or thieves tools? If not that is fine.

Shopping List:

Tent - Garak 2 GP (3 to be returned)

Rations x 3: 1.5 GP
Bedroll: 1 GP
Tent: 2 GP
Crossbow Bolts x20: 1 GP

If possible
Thieves Tools: 25 GP
Disguise Kit: 25 GP

Athedia
2023-09-08, 03:04 PM
Right that doesn't work. Rerolling the Investigation and Guidance here and will do math I guess

[roll0] plus [roll1]

Millstone85
2023-09-09, 04:55 AM
Seeing others approach the cart, he chooses to instead circle the area in search of any further sign of recent activity. He too strengthens his senses with a spell.

(1d20+4)[22] with an extra (1d4)[2] from guidance.
Alycie Crosses her arms and hangs back while the others check the wagon...but after they all make their checks, she whispers something for her own little companion.

"Orion, smell anything?"

The Tressym Familiar takes flight and performs a circle around his mistress, looking for hints on the wind.

With a +5 in Perception and the Keen Smell ability, Orion gets 1d20+5 with perception checks, and Advantage to scent-based perception checks.

(1d20+5)[6](1d20+5)[9]This is an aspect of D&D I still hate. You wrote the better build-up to that check but the dice just have no appreciation for that.

Lentrax
2023-09-09, 10:05 PM
@Millstone: That seems a logical set of conclusions. And Tanael can't think of anything they might be missing.

Athedia
2023-09-11, 07:19 AM
Lentrax, any word on whether I can grab those kits (they are adventuring gear just in the kits sections)

Lentrax
2023-09-11, 07:52 AM
Yes. That’s fine.

Athedia
2023-09-11, 07:54 AM
Thank you!

Lentrax
2023-09-11, 12:41 PM
@Millstone: Without more data to go off of, you have no reason to believe the pet is nothing more than has been described. You recognize the species, and possibly even the breed, but have no reason to suspect it is a summoned familiar over a loved pet.

Millstone85
2023-09-11, 12:51 PM
@Millstone: Without more data to go off of, you have no reason to believe the pet is nothing more than has been described. You recognize the species, and possibly even the breed, but have no reason to suspect it is a summoned familiar over a loved pet.Then even asking for Orion to scout was premature. Sorry about that.

The other check was a joke, by the way.

Rolling her eyes, Katherine takes point along with Garak.TIL that "to take point" is to go first in marching order. Neat.

JNAProductions
2023-09-11, 01:13 PM
TIL that "to take point" is to go first in marching order. Neat.

I'm educational! :P

Athedia
2023-09-11, 01:52 PM
Then even asking for Orion to scout was premature. Sorry about that.

To be fair, you can always ask. Even if Orion was mundane.

The other check was a joke, by the way.

TBF seeing Ren appear to enjoy a conversation for once is probably a bit disconcerting. Made up stuff is a lot more comfortable than truth

Vozen
2023-09-11, 02:04 PM
Heh, ok I’m having fun with this character.

Athedia
2023-09-11, 02:14 PM
Ren and Alycie I don't think are allowed to claim they are not little when they barely break 5 feet. Especially next to all the talls.

Vozen
2023-09-11, 02:20 PM
Gee, it’s almost like she’s an egotistical lying troll.

Athedia
2023-09-11, 02:21 PM
Gee, it’s almost like she’s an egotistical lying troll.

Whaaaaaat. Noooooo. :biggrin:

Athedia
2023-09-11, 07:13 PM
Sorry Ren is checking how deep the river looks or fast flowing.

Lentrax
2023-09-11, 07:25 PM
And on a perception of 7? She thinks its alright.

Athedia
2023-09-11, 07:42 PM
And on a perception of 7? She thinks its alright.

Oh I getcha now! Yeah that makes sense.

Millstone85
2023-09-12, 04:43 AM
I am asking OOC because it might be a stupid question that my character shouldn't ask.

Is there any type of river where prints of wagon wheels wouldn't immediately disappear?

Lentrax
2023-09-12, 12:56 PM
Determining if a check is needed:

[roll0]

So one strength check at DC 15. Success means you manage to fight the undertow and make it to the opposite bank near where you want.

Failure means the rope comes undone as you fight the current.

No danger, just a matter of losing time and daylight to keep following the trail

Athedia
2023-09-12, 01:01 PM
I just realized that Katherine could probably cross back and get the rope.

JNAProductions
2023-09-12, 02:26 PM
Can I apply Athletics proficiency that I don't have? :P

[roll0]

Millstone85
2023-09-12, 04:16 PM
She emphasized the phrase 'bought it' by drawing her finger across her throat.Maybe I am having a Drax moment (https://youtu.be/HnixCqzKxIg) but I am not sure what Ren is implying. Just that Tanael would be stuck with his injuries? Or is she turning that information into a threat? Or is she worried he might go berserk in the way of a broken golem?

Athedia
2023-09-12, 04:42 PM
Maybe I am having a Drax moment (https://youtu.be/HnixCqzKxIg) but I am not sure what Ren is implying. Just that Tanael would be stuck with his injuries? Or is she turning that information into a threat? Or is she worried he might go berserk in the way of a broken golem?

Nah implying that she means bought it as in dead.

Like "old Richard bought it the other day, didn't look and walked in front of a charging rhino"

I couldn't resist the play on words. She is mostly worried that she can get him back to fighting shape when he does fight

Millstone85
2023-09-12, 04:49 PM
Like "old Richard bought it the other day, didn't look and walked in front of a charging rhino"TIL... Oh wait, the same happened just one page ago. I guess I am going to learn plenty of English here. :smallcool:

Athedia
2023-09-12, 04:57 PM
TIL... Oh wait, the same happened just one page ago. I guess I am going to learn plenty of English here. :smallcool:

Crash course! No worries, feel free to ask because sometimes I just butcher language

Lentrax
2023-09-13, 11:21 AM
Katherine now has a wristwatch so she can fully embody the Sonic the Hedgehog idle animation.

Athedia
2023-09-13, 12:37 PM
Katherine now has a wristwatch so she can fully embody the Sonic the Hedgehog idle animation.

But did scary music play when she was in the water?

Lentrax
2023-09-13, 12:40 PM
Considering she was in no danger of drowning?

Probably not.

JNAProductions
2023-09-13, 12:53 PM

That's good! Shame Katherine doesn't have any special ability to go fast.

Athedia
2023-09-13, 01:05 PM
I am polite, I didn't aim at Katherine.

Lentrax
2023-09-13, 01:07 PM
Time for a random variable!

Odd, the rope has the length to make it.

Even, it falls short.

[roll0]

Athedia
2023-09-13, 01:08 PM
Time for a random variable!

Odd, the rope has the length to make it.

Even, it falls short.

[roll0]

noooo numbers why do you hate meeeee

Lentrax
2023-09-13, 01:14 PM
When was your last sacrifice to the RNG gods?

Athedia
2023-09-13, 01:16 PM
When was your last sacrifice to the RNG gods?

I mean... to the gods of luck I just almost choked on a carrot an hour ago.

To specifically the RNG gods, I tried to sacrifice 4 players yesterday but they decided to get involved in one characters family drama instead of the thing they were supposed to be doing.

Lentrax
2023-09-13, 02:10 PM
Ah. You have a Final Destination paradox then.

Millstone85
2023-09-13, 03:29 PM
Tanael sees that the rope on your end is not secured to anything.How did we gather the rope back after the first attempt then?

Lentrax
2023-09-13, 03:31 PM
Katherine lost the end she was carrying before getting to the other side. A full half of it was still sitting on the bank.

Millstone85
2023-09-13, 03:42 PM
If there is still rope to grab on our end, I use my Athletics check for that. I add another extra die, a 1d6 with Knowledge from a Past Life.

Edit: Right, can't add a roll to an existing post. Also, I realize I might not have the time to cast guidance.

Lentrax
2023-09-13, 04:14 PM
The 10 is enough to just manage to grab it at the last second.

Athedia
2023-09-13, 04:33 PM
Meanwhile the Colonel is scrying on us and sees this Rens nightmares tonight

Millstone85
2023-09-13, 04:49 PM
Hopefully the Colonel knows that heroes and villains of exceptional destiny always look woefully incompetent for some reason.

Now I am waiting to see what happens to my poor Tanael when the bolt finishes its course.

Athedia
2023-09-13, 04:54 PM
It's like when your boss walks in right as you pull up YouTube to pick a new background sound video "I swear I am working"

The Commander
2023-09-13, 11:47 PM
Probably shouldn't have assumed, but it was my assumption that Garak was holding the other end of the rope - he offered it to Katherine, who tied a loop of it around her; but I imagined he was still holding onto the other end of it to tie off on his end once Katherine's end was secure.

Otherwise she'd just have to come back to tie off our end.

Millstone85
2023-09-14, 05:52 AM
Yes, that would also have made sense.

Anyhow, I am actually glad that I got to strike out my post. I can't believe I wanted Tanael to go attach two ropes together while underwater and while Katherine was trying to catch one herself. That made zero sense. What the hell, past me?

Edit:
And, as a reminder, if anyone approaches with a magical aura, they're gonna light up nice and easy.Katherine might already see where Tanael is hiding, since artificer infusions create temporary magic items. He currently has two active, on his armor and his crossbow.

Lentrax
2023-09-16, 10:11 AM
Katherine and Tanael may opt for Passive or Active Perception. You must declare which you are using, and if you opt for Active and it is lower than your Passive, you may not use your Passive.

You can hear the sound of hooves out past where you can see. They are drawing closer.
You are just able to see a carriage coming along the road, coming the same way you did.
The carriage has three men riding atop it, all with crossbows.
The carriage bears the Imperial Seal on it.

JNAProductions
2023-09-16, 01:22 PM
I already rolled, so I'm stuck with it.
I'll probably use Passive in the future.

Millstone85
2023-09-16, 02:38 PM
I am opting for passive Perception.

But when is this happening? Are the others sleeping?

Lentrax
2023-09-16, 10:57 PM
This is during your watch.

So unless I have misread something, it is just the two of you that will be able to make this check.

Millstone85
2023-09-17, 06:28 AM
"I am unable to see in the dark, and I do not wish to give away our position by lighting my shield; so you will have to be my eyes until we come under attack." Garak exited his tent by touch, but remained at it's entrance; blind to the world around him by the darkness.There are many things my character doesn't need: air, water, food, sleep nor, at the moment, ammunitions. But he does need light, so if the moon doesn't do it for Garak tonight then it would be an issue for Tanael as well.

Unless... Lentrax, it is a bit late for me to ask but, was Tanael able to remain motionless for 4 hours (including the time others may have spent eating and talking before the first shift truly started) in which case he got a long rest and we could say he uninfused one of his items to instead activate goggles of night before it got too dark?

Athedia
2023-09-17, 08:28 AM
Heh you know who does have Darkvision? Tieflings

Millstone85
2023-09-17, 09:28 AM
Heh you know who does have Darkvision? TieflingsWell yes, Tanael could tell Garak that he would have more luck asking this of the tiefling or the half-elf.

But I am worried about reconciling a dark night with Tanael's watch so far. Though I could be overthinking it. The carriage would have lights of its own and Tanael could have gone back to camp from memory.

Edit: You know what, I am just going to deny the darkness. If I did this wrong, like forgetting to remove 5 from my passive score on account of lighting, then Lentrax can make me autofail a roll later on.

Athedia
2023-09-17, 09:49 AM
Just amused is all

Athedia
2023-09-19, 09:55 AM
Just checking in, how are folks doing this week?

The Commander
2023-09-19, 10:14 AM
Doing absolutely fine. Still here, just waiting for updates IC.

Millstone85
2023-09-19, 10:26 AM
I wasn't feeling too good this past weekend and it must have shown with my IC decisions.

But I am okay now. Waiting to see what happens during the rest of the first shift.

Lentrax
2023-09-20, 12:14 AM
I think for this one, I leave it to all of you if you want to awaken or not.

The Commander
2023-09-20, 01:44 AM
I think for this one, I leave it to all of you if you want to awaken or not.

My Thaumaturgy should help, if people are indecisive.

Lentrax
2023-09-20, 01:51 AM
Yeah. Folks no longer have the choice. You are woken up by a Minotaur shouting his challenge to the trees behind the house.

Athedia
2023-09-20, 06:16 AM
I was about to say, I think we are awake now!

Millstone85
2023-09-20, 02:09 PM
Yeah. Folks no longer have the choice. You are woken up by a Minotaur shouting his challenge to the trees behind the house.
Katherine curses inwardly at Garak's announcement-she'd be quite happy to let the people in the caravan deal with the bandits on their own for the night. But, she falls in beside the minotaur-no time for quarrels now, unite in a show of force.Now we have a minotaur and a draconified human showing those trees who is the boss. :smallbiggrin:

Athedia
2023-09-20, 02:19 PM
Now we have a minotaur and a draconified human showing those trees who is the boss. :smallbiggrin:

Ren has no idea what is going on, she is just trying to get armor on :P

Lentrax
2023-09-20, 03:36 PM
Do you all wait for Ren to get armor on? Or are you going to attack now?

Athedia
2023-09-20, 03:49 PM
Don't worry she will be sleeping in armor from now on.

JNAProductions
2023-09-20, 04:02 PM
Katherine doesn't even want to attack, so she's certainly not making the first move.

Millstone85
2023-09-20, 04:49 PM
I am giving Vozen a chance to describe Alycie waking up. :smallwink:

The Commander
2023-09-20, 06:56 PM
Pre-emptively rolling Initiative: [roll0]

(And Garak wouldn't know that Ren's taking time to get armoured either)

Athedia
2023-09-22, 12:28 AM
Vozen you okay?

Lentrax
2023-09-22, 01:33 PM
As we enter combat, I am going to lay out how I run things on pbp.

Everyone can post your actions. Make all of your rolls.

If you cast a spell or use an ability that requires a check or save from an enemy, roll the d20 yourself, and I will add the appropriate modifiers.

Once everyone has gotten their actions posted, I will make a long post with the rounds combat, including the opposing force’s actions.

Good luck.
Have fun.
Don’t get dead.

Athedia
2023-09-22, 02:11 PM
As we enter combat, I am going to lay out how I run things on pbp.

Everyone can post your actions. Make all of your rolls.

If you cast a spell or use an ability that requires a check or save from an enemy, roll the d20 yourself, and I will add the appropriate modifiers.

Once everyone has gotten their actions posted, I will make a long post with the rounds combat, including the opposing force’s actions.

Good luck.
Have fun.
Don’t get dead.

How long has passed btw?

Lentrax
2023-09-22, 02:53 PM
I will say all this occurred over the minute it took to don armor.

The Commander
2023-09-23, 05:48 AM
Good grief my rolls have been terrible with Garak! I don't think I've rolled above a 10 since the first roll I made.

Millstone85
2023-09-23, 10:13 AM
https://i.imgur.com/pUDyibOm.png
Tanael Jaylard (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2827781)
Reborn Artificer (Armorer)
AC 20 | HP 33/33 | THP 0
PP 14 | PIv 13 | PIs 12
Conditions disadvDex(Stealth)
S1 3/3
I saw NontheistCleric use this format in another game. Do you like it?

JNAProductions
2023-09-23, 03:53 PM
Init! [roll0]
Don't think I ever rolled it. If I did, ignore this post!

Athedia
2023-09-23, 07:00 PM
I was out all day and am on the phone but I will post as soon as I get home

Vozen
2023-09-24, 03:14 AM
Forgot to say it in post, but I'm firing off a Magic Missie on the foremost bandits, the ones my allies are going to hit first.

So that's [roll0], [roll1], and [roll2] force damage on 3 different suckers.

Millstone85
2023-09-24, 06:50 AM
Initiative: (1d20+3)[22]

Initiative: (1d20+3)[13]

Initiative: (1d20)[9]

Init! (1d20+3)[4]So I guess I technically opened the hostilities. Whoops!

Athedia
2023-09-24, 02:50 PM
Oops forgot to roll init [roll0]

Also casting bless on Katherine, Garak and Tanael

Amusingly then this means Ren *joined* you in this

Lentrax
2023-09-25, 03:25 PM
I will be getting an IC post up tonight.

The Commander
2023-09-26, 07:39 AM
I am convinced Garak has his helmet on backwards.

Millstone85
2023-09-26, 10:59 AM
I am convinced Garak has his helmet on backwards.And Tanael's eyes must have begun to rot away. But both warriors have received Ren's blessing of an extra d4 per attack roll, so there may still be a chance if the unarmored figure has low dexterity.

The Commander
2023-09-26, 12:25 PM
And Tanael's eyes must have begun to rot away. But both warriors have received Ren's blessing of an extra d4 per attack roll, so there may still be a chance if the unarmored figure has low dexterity.

Big dumb me forgot the Bless, but one of my attack rolls was a Natural 1, so there's nothing stopping that from missing.

For the first attack which was a 7 total, add an extra [roll0].

Millstone85
2023-09-26, 04:09 PM
Also, while I appreciate the Blessing, I don't think I need it much. I use saves, not attacks.Indeed, the spell does nothing to the saves we impose on the enemy.

It does help with our own saves, though, which might help Garak and Tanael right now, depending on the current situation with Katherine's ice breath and the last time she granted them protection against it.

Athedia
2023-09-26, 05:35 PM
Well Ren wouldn't know that tbf. But I will take that into advisement

The Commander
2023-09-27, 11:04 AM
I think these bandits might just kill us given how absolutely atrocious our rolls have been.

Lentrax
2023-09-27, 11:19 PM
Saving Throws:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Attack Rolls:

Garak: [roll3], [roll4]
[roll5], [roll6]

Katherine: [roll7], [roll8]

Alycie: [roll9], [roll10]

Garak: [roll11], [roll12]

Anyone who has reactions to those being attacked can get those reactions in.

Lentrax
2023-09-28, 01:02 AM
Intentional Double post for visibility:

Please make a post saying if you are using a reaction or not, don't just edit it into the post, since I may miss it.

JNAProductions
2023-09-28, 01:08 AM
I've not any special reactions. So yee.

Millstone85
2023-09-28, 02:54 AM
The bandits must be confused with whatever Tanael is.

No reaction.

The Commander
2023-09-28, 05:49 AM
No reaction, except being hurt; owwie.

Millstone85
2023-09-29, 05:17 PM
I am not sure if we are supposed to post IC yet.

I posted something with what turned out to be very good rolls this time. I hope I won't have to retcon it.

Lentrax
2023-09-29, 11:57 PM
I will say I have not made my IC post from the last round, so take that as you will.

And speaking of, I would like the other two responses about possible reactions. So consider this the 24 hour notice or else the attack and damage rolls will stand as they are.

Athedia
2023-09-30, 12:37 AM
Oh no I don't have a reaction I don't think?

Millstone85
2023-09-30, 02:50 AM
I will say I have not made my IC post from the last round, so take that as you will.I take it that it would be better to delete my post, which I just did.

But I will not complain if The Commander's post stays.

The Commander
2023-09-30, 09:59 AM
My guess is that Lentrax is just waiting for player reactions and then it'll be our turn again - I'm just preposting my actions; since I don't expect the battle to change that drastically (but maybe I will be wrong).

Vozen
2023-09-30, 05:51 PM
I don't have a good use of my reaction, should have gotten my Mage Armor up...so I guess I take that hit.

Athedia
2023-10-02, 02:51 PM
.... on the roll I want a bad roll.... I get a 19

Lentrax
2023-10-02, 03:15 PM
Seems legit.

Athedia
2023-10-02, 03:19 PM
I mean I guess in this instance... it was a bad roll. Touche

Lentrax
2023-10-02, 03:24 PM
Yeah. You all just can't seem to catch a break.

JNAProductions
2023-10-02, 07:31 PM
Two things:

1) How much damage did I take?
2) Ow!

Lentrax
2023-10-02, 07:59 PM
It was 9 damage. Yeah. They hit hard this round.

The Commander
2023-10-02, 08:12 PM
As a reminder, my actions THIS turn were in the post before Lentrax's IC post about the results of last round. If you'd prefer, for neatness, I can repost and delete the original.

Also, we are totally going to die at this rate.

Lentrax
2023-10-02, 10:21 PM

You just have to roll better. Have you made a recent sacrifice to the RNG gods recently?

Vozen
2023-10-03, 12:09 AM

Speak for yourself, if ya'll get yourselves killed I'm gonna cast invisibility and run like a coward...ya know, if it gets really bad. :p

Athedia
2023-10-03, 12:56 AM
Speak for yourself, if ya'll get yourselves killed I'm gonna cast invisibility and run like a coward...ya know, if it gets really bad. :p

Nah I had a similar (if less invisible) plan.

The Commander
2023-10-07, 07:43 PM
Just popping up to say that I'm still here - my actions for this turn should still be valid.

Athedia
2023-10-09, 08:40 AM
Everything okay?

Lentrax
2023-10-09, 08:46 AM
I am currently waiting on posts from Vozen and JNA.

So, I am checking in here.

I would like them up soon so we can keep going, if we could.

Athedia
2023-10-09, 09:02 AM
I am currently waiting on posts from Vozen and JNA.

So, I am checking in here.

I would like them up soon so we can keep going, if we could.

Oof understandable, hopefully we get a response soon.

JNAProductions
2023-10-09, 10:27 AM
Oh, I'm here, but I'm also dying. So...
Should I make a post about being in pain? :P

Athedia
2023-10-09, 11:32 AM
Oh are you actually in dying status! I didn't realize you were hit that bad! Sorry!

Millstone85
2023-10-09, 11:38 AM
Ah yes, the famous ludonarrative dissonance between "She got a crossbow bolt to the stomach!" and "Eh, 9 damage, she still got 24". :smallbiggrin:

Athedia
2023-10-09, 11:46 AM
Ah yes, the famous ludonarrative dissonance between "She got a crossbow bolt to the stomach!" and "Eh, 9 damage, she still got 24". :smallbiggrin:

Crossbow bolt to stomach when more crossbow bolts are being fired is an issue of priorities. No good repairing that wound if doing so ends up with us both sporting extra bolts *next* turn.

Millstone85
2023-10-09, 12:06 PM
I should precise that I was happy with your interpretation, Athedia.

Ren ran forward at the sudden cessation of Katherine's breath. Alycie would be fine where she was, but if Katherine went down... A quick look told her that while it might be painful it was most likely surprise rather than blood loss that had stopped her.Katherine got the wind knocked out of her but the bolt didn't pierce through her leather.

Lentrax
2023-10-09, 12:06 PM
Oh, I'm here, but I'm also dying. So...
Should I make a post about being in pain? :P

Dying?

Unless I am missing something, you still have hp and are conscious?

Athedia
2023-10-09, 12:07 PM
TBF as someone who *has* gotten a sudden blow to the stomach while trying to do something it can feel awful. I literally thought I couldn't breathe.

JNAProductions
2023-10-09, 07:31 PM
Dying?

Unless I am missing something, you still have hp and are conscious?

Wait, I thought I was dying?

I'm confused now.

Lentrax
2023-10-09, 08:04 PM
Yeah. You only took 9 damage. So you shouldn't be dying.

JNAProductions
2023-10-09, 08:36 PM
Yeah. You only took 9 damage. So you shouldn't be dying.

Oki. I was highly confused.
Lemme roll some dice...

[roll0] for damage, catching as many as I can with a 30' line/15' cone.
[roll1] for their saves. If more are needed, I trust you to roll them, and if not all three are needed, disregard the third and/or second.

Lentrax
2023-10-09, 08:38 PM
I think its because I described the shot as being into Katherine's stomach, which is usually a 'serious' location for describing wounds. But I was just using it as a reason for the breath weapon to be lower on the damage end.

JNAProductions
2023-10-09, 08:53 PM
I think its because I described the shot as being into Katherine's stomach, which is usually a 'serious' location for describing wounds. But I was just using it as a reason for the breath weapon to be lower on the damage end.

Oki. Lemme know the damage results of my last post, and I'll pop in IC with narration.

Athedia
2023-10-16, 02:44 AM
Ren has fire resistance so half damage from the fire. Am I right in picturing it as her looking down into the carriage from the door?

Lentrax
2023-10-16, 09:52 AM
Yes. That is fine, though I will add in that the other sides are damaged and you could probably get the people out that way if you so wish, instead of pulling them up and through the door facing up.

Athedia
2023-10-16, 10:33 AM
Yes. That is fine, though I will add in that the other sides are damaged and you could probably get the people out that way if you so wish, instead of pulling them up and through the door facing up.

Ah, well I said it so I'll stick with it. She didn't examine the carriage first and took the hard way :)

EDIT: Back to bad rolls I guess. Ren can cast another Cure Wounds at 1st if you want, just saving my last 2nd slot in case we want to use it.

Lentrax
2023-10-16, 04:48 PM
I would like a persuasion check from Garak.

And also Insight from anyone who wishes to make them.

Athedia
2023-10-16, 04:52 PM
Insight Check: [roll0]

EDIT: The Curse Continues

Lentrax
2023-10-16, 05:03 PM
This was supposed to be a serious evil game.

Instead it’s turning out to be a comedy of errors…

Not sure how I feel about that.

Athedia
2023-10-16, 05:10 PM

I wish I could put virtual dice in jail :(

The Commander
2023-10-16, 05:28 PM
I would like a persuasion check from Garak.

And also Insight from anyone who wishes to make them.

Persuasion: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]

The dice have been truly awful so far.

EDIT: And they continue to be terrible.

Athedia
2023-10-16, 05:30 PM
I am halfway to casting Zone of Truth and telling Katherine to have fun.

The Commander
2023-10-16, 06:30 PM
I will say that I'm glad we weren't targeted with the dying Fireball - I'm sure we'd have all botched our Dex save and they'd have rolled max damage :smallbiggrin:

JNAProductions
2023-10-16, 06:34 PM
[roll0]
Insight! Show me the MONEY!

Athedia
2023-10-16, 06:38 PM
I will say that I'm glad we weren't targeted with the dying Fireball - I'm sure we'd have all botched our Dex save and they'd have rolled max damage :smallbiggrin:

Eh, still would have only been half damage for me :D

The Commander
2023-10-16, 07:44 PM
As a player I do want to discuss the fact that the caster is but a boy, but I want to let Tanael reveal this fact.

Athedia
2023-10-16, 07:51 PM
Ren is walking away rn but firmly in the mindset if she ever sees that man again he *isn't* making it back to civilization.

EDIT: Has anyone heard from Vozen?

Millstone85
2023-10-19, 03:44 PM

Not sure how I feel about that.Alas, even astute players like us can only work with what the dice give.

Sasha nods, following Garak to find some sleep.Who is Sasha?

Has anyone heard from Vozen?They haven't been active on the site. I hope they are okay.

JNAProductions
2023-10-19, 05:45 PM
Who is Sasha?

A PC from another game.
Edited my post to the correct name.

My bad!

Athedia
2023-10-21, 11:17 AM
Not as bad as what I did recently, I have been running a live game for some friends for a few years and I managed to flat out forget one of the characters names. That character is also one of the few that wasn't ever retired

Millstone85
2023-10-26, 05:36 PM
My apologies for the delay. A head cold got me good. :smallfrown:

Lentrax
2023-10-26, 05:56 PM
So, what are you all thinking for your next move?

Athedia
2023-10-26, 06:15 PM
We might be able to follow where the bandits fled

JNAProductions
2023-10-26, 06:20 PM
That seems a reasonable idea. I'm only rocking +2 to Wisdom checks, though, so someone else might need to take point.

The Commander
2023-10-26, 07:43 PM
I guess Garak is the logical choice to make the roll, with +5 coming from his Wisdom.

However I fear the dice roller :smallbiggrin:

Let's see how we do: Survival [roll0]

EDIT: I was right to fear! But maybe I'll see something at least?

JNAProductions
2023-10-26, 07:44 PM
Does anyone have Guidance?
I can Help too.

The Commander
2023-10-26, 07:45 PM
Since you're helping I'll add Advantage:

Survival: [roll0]

EDIT: That's much, much better; thank you.

Athedia
2023-10-26, 09:31 PM
I have guidance, be happy to cast that

The Commander
2023-10-26, 09:54 PM
With guidance: [roll0]

EDIT: Only if you want to use it, of course.

Athedia
2023-10-27, 01:05 AM
Feel free I offered!

Millstone85
2023-10-27, 04:00 AM
"They work for anyone and no attunement is required, so passing them around will be easy enough. Though it could be said that infusing an item is like attunement in reverse, with the item becoming linked to a latent aspect of my magic. Annoyingly, that means I can't have two items compete for the same aspect or neither would work properly. So I can provide the group with one pair of goggles of the night and not a single more."Yup, this is my IC justification for the annoying rule that "each of your infusions can be in only one object at a time" (TCoE p13).

Does anyone have Guidance?
I can Help too.
I have guidance, be happy to cast thatIf needed, I also have that cantrip.

The Commander
2023-10-29, 07:04 PM
Anyone want to Help Garak and/or cast Guidance for another Survival tracking check?