PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Inspired Characters

GooeyChewie
2023-08-28, 02:04 PM
I’m considering running a Pokémon inspired campaign, with the players forming a band of Pokémon. Obviously a lot of them could be covered by Custom Lineage casters focusing on spells of particular elements, but I’d like to avoid getting too repetitive. What non-Custom Lineage Pokémon-inspired builds can we brainstorm? I’m not looking for detailed builds, just enough to inspire players who can then build the character from there.

I have a few in mind already:

Blastoise - Tortle Artillerist Artificer
Sirfetch’d - Aarakocra Ancients Paladin
Charizard - Cromatic (Red) Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer

Unoriginal
2023-08-28, 02:12 PM
I’m considering running a Pokémon inspired campaign, with the players forming a band of Pokémon. Obviously a lot of them could be covered by Custom Lineage casters focusing on spells of particular elements, but I’d like to avoid getting too repetitive. What non-Custom Lineage Pokémon-inspired builds can we brainstorm? I’m not looking for detailed builds, just enough to inspire players who can then build the character from there.

I have a few in mind already:

Blastoise - Tortle Artillerist Artificer
Sirfetch’d - Aarakocra Ancients Paladin
Charizard - Cromatic (Red) Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer

Firbolg Barbarian with the background and the Hill Giant feats from the Bigby's book, for Snorlax?

KyleG
2023-08-29, 05:51 AM
Jigglypuff - fairy glamour bard

GooeyChewie
2023-08-29, 09:57 AM
Awesome ideas! Thanks!

Clause
2023-09-01, 01:15 PM
grung monk way of 4 elements.

animorte
2023-09-01, 01:58 PM
Well, one of my favorite hobbies is translating my fandoms into D&D! :smallbiggrin:

Gallade (psychic/fighting): Psi-Warrior Fighter
Trevenant (ghost/grass): Spores Druid or Archfey Warlock (or both if you wanna go MAD)
Ditto (normal): Changeling Moon Druid
Jolteon (electric): Tabaxi Tempest Cleric

more incoming...