PDA

View Full Version : So - who's next?

Xandro
2007-12-08, 06:43 AM
There were six prophecies. One of them has definitely been fullfilled, no-one still questions it - Haley has regained her speech.

Concerning Elan und Belkar there is more or less arguing (concerning Belkar it's more, concerning Elan it's less) if the prophecy is already fullfilled, but whatever ...

The prophecies are:

:durkon: How will I finally be returnin' to me beloved dwarven homelands?
:sigh: Posthumously!

:vaarsuvius: How will I archieve complete and total ultimate arcane power?
:sigh: By saying the right four words to the right being at the right time for all the wrong reasons.

:elan: Will this story have a happy ending?
:sigh: Yes, for you at least.

:belkar: Do I get to cause the death of any of the fallowing: Miko, Mko's stupid horse, Roy or you?
:sigh: Yes

:roy: There are to magical gates that Xykon might try to control next: Girad's Gate on the western continent and Kragor's Gate near the nothern polar cap. If the Lich sorcerer commonly referred to as 'Xykon' will ever be at some future time within a 1000-foot radius of one of theese two magical gates, of which of those locations will he be within said radius first, chronologically?
:sigh:Of those two given locations, Xykon will be within 1000 foot of Girads Gate first.

What I want you to do is predict a chronological order of theese five predictions. If you think, that some of the prophecies have already been fullfilled, use negative numbers for them.

For example if you think, that Belkar's and Elan's prophecie have already been fullfilled and Roy's next, then you do it like that:

-2. :elan:
-1. :belkar:
1. :roy:

If you only think Elan's prophecy has fullfilled but Roy's the next and then it's Vaarsuvius, then you do it like that:

-1. :elan:
2. :vaarsuvius:

I think you got the point.

Then I present my assumed chronological order of the fullfilling of the prophecies:

-1. :elan:
2. :belkar:
3. :durkon:
4. :vaarsuvius:

(Elan already had his Happy End (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0400.html)(and a very classical one), Xykon is ready to march to the next gate, so I think that's the next prophecy, Durkon's and Vaarsuvius' prophecies won't be fullfilled before the end of the story, so Belkar's before them. And finally, if Vaarsuvius will ever archieve ultimate arcane powers (if (s)he ever will, the prediction doesn't say that only how (s)he will archieve them) he can easily stop Xykon, so it has to be the very last thing if it ever happens.)

Fozzie
2007-12-08, 07:34 AM
(Elan already had his Happy End (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0400.html)(and a very classical one), Xykon is ready to march to the next gate, so I think that's the next prophecy, Durkon's and Vaarsuvius' prophecies won't be fullfilled before the end of the story, so Belkar's before them. And finally, if Vaarsuvius will ever archieve ultimate arcane powers (if (s)he ever will, the prediction doesn't say that only how (s)he will archieve them) he can easily stop Xykon, so it has to be the very last thing if it ever happens.)

When the Oracle was answering Roy's prediction, he was talking about where Xykon was going at THAT time, that means, Azure City. But he could not answer Azure City because Roy tripped himself over and made extrict questions that do not allowed the Oracle to respond.

This is so true that later, Roy realizes the Oracle wanted to tell him that the city was Azure City. But then he forgets when he leaves the Valley.

So no, Roy's Theory is not 'to become true'.

FujinAkari
2007-12-08, 07:35 AM
:haley: -2
:belkar: -1
:roy: 1
:durkon: 2
:vaarsuvius: 3
:elan: 4

My reasoning:

Haley is obvious.
Belkar -did- cause Roy to die.
Roy's gate is next, obviously.
Durkon's prophesy wouldn't exist if it didn't affect the story somehow, and it has to occur before the end.
Vaarsuvius needs to aquire ultimate arcane power before the final battle with Xykon.
Elan doesn't get his happy ending until THE END.

Kish
2007-12-08, 07:42 AM
When the Oracle was answering Roy's prediction, he was talking about where Xykon was going at THAT time, that means, Azure City. But he could not answer Azure City because Roy tripped himself over and made extrict questions that do not allowed the Oracle to respond.

This is so true that later, Roy realizes the Oracle wanted to tell him that the city was Azure City. But then he forgets when he leaves the Valley.

So no, Roy's Theory is not 'to become true'.
...huh? Roy asked whether Xykon would be within 1000 feet of Girard's Gate or Kraagor's Gate first. The Oracle, after trying to get him to rephrase the question, said Girard's Gate. Now, Roy screwed up with the question and the answer to the question Roy really wanted to ask would have been Azure City...but nothing involves a "Roy's Theory" or changes the fact that Xykon will go to Girard's Gate before Kraagor's Gate. The Oracle had to answer the literal question Roy asked.

As far as the actual order goes, I tend to concur with FujinAkari, except that I think Belkar's prophecy could go either way instead of definitely referring to Roy's death.

Baron Pineapple
2007-12-08, 09:21 AM
You know, I didn't see any thing match this in the Search function, but maybe my Search-Fu is weak.

I keep having this sinking feeling that the right four words that Varsuvius is supposed to say is the following:

I Prepared Explosive Runes.

Anyone else thinking along these lines?

Tpewop
2007-12-08, 11:51 AM
You know, I didn't see any thing match this in the Search function, but maybe my Search-Fu is weak.

I keep having this sinking feeling that the right four words that Varsuvius is supposed to say is the following:

yeah, thats what I was thinking! And I keep hurting my brain thinking about how that could give someone ultimate arcane power...

Regneva
2007-12-08, 12:45 PM
Nitpick: It is spelled "Girard"

Hidalgo
2007-12-08, 01:19 PM
heres mine:

-2: :haley:
-1: :belkar:
1: :roy:
2: :vaarsuvius:
3: :elan:
4: :

FujinAkari
2007-12-08, 04:33 PM

No... why would he abruptly stop saying "Today" when he has said it every other time?

The Extinguisher
2007-12-08, 04:49 PM
It's my prediction that Elan's happy ending will be sacrificing himself so everyone else lives.

That way, it'd be happy for Elan, and sad for everyone else.

HealthKit
2007-12-08, 04:53 PM
-1:haley: Her speech has been restored.
1:roy: 3 Gates down, 2 left (right?)- Girard's is next. Though I suppose Xykon could already be there or have had come within a thousand feet of.
2:belkar: Hasn't caused anyones death just yet. Chronologically it would probably happen next.
3:durkon: Durkon's death and his posthumously return to his homeland sounds like it would happen later in the story.
4:vaarsuvius: As would achieving "complete and total ultimate arcane power". I could be wrong though.
5:elan: A happy ending (no matter who it's for) is an ending. It happens at the end.

Amon Hen
2007-12-08, 05:43 PM
If you guys remember :belkar: did cause :roy: death.
:belkar: gave :roy: the ring of +20 jumping, thus enabling :roy: to fight :xykon:, and fall to his death.

Tpewop
2007-12-08, 05:50 PM
:belkar: gave :roy: the ring of +20 jumping, thus enabling :roy: to fight :xykon:, and fall to his death.

Thats kind of a stretch though. That could be it, but it also might not be it. Also, his prophecy might not be COMPLETE. For all we know, he could cause the death of all of them, and Miko's horse is still alive.

Amon Hen
2007-12-08, 06:05 PM
:smallbiggrin:
Thats kind of a stretch though. That could be it, but it also might not be it. Also, his prophecy might not be COMPLETE. For all we know, he could cause the death of all of them, and Miko's horse is still alive.

That's true I guess. But he didn't cause :miko: death.

btw: Am I the only one who really wants to see :belkar: kill Miko's horse? :smallbiggrin:

Also I agree with everyone who said that the :elan: happy ending won't come untill the end.

And as for :vaarsuvius: & :durkon:, I have no cule when/if those prophecys will be fullfilled in OOTS.

HealthKit
2007-12-08, 06:08 PM

This has been debated greatly over and over again.
Most people conclude that it's too much of a stretch.

Pun Pun
2007-12-08, 07:03 PM
:xykon: will arrive at the predicted next gate where he and Redcloak will be defeated/killed. I predict that :vaarsuvius: and :durkon: will use divine and arcane magic in order to seal/do something important with the gate. :vaarsuvius: will say four words that accidently allow him to put the world at ransom/give him power in another way, all the while killing :durkon:. This may take place after :xykon:/:redcloak:'s deaths/defeats and a corrupted :vaarsuvius:/the snarl would become the villain for the next part of the story, searching to free himself from the last gate and we would be introduced to several new characters who would join to help resurect / replace :durkon: and replace :vaarsuvius:.

:belkar: will kill :vaarsuvius: in the end saving the world...

:elan: will then live happily ever after

:haley:=-1
:roy:=1
:vaarsuvius:=2
:durkon:=3
:belkar:=4
:elan:=5

someonenonotyou
2007-12-08, 07:52 PM
:elan: -2 he all ready got his happy ending the wistle remeber
:haley:-1 voice back
:roy: 1 next gate
:belkar: 2 will kill near end
:durkon: 2 will die near end
:vaarsuvius:2 will get it near end

FujinAkari
2007-12-08, 10:13 PM
This has been debated greatly over and over again.
Most people conclude that it's too much of a stretch.

It has seemed a fairly even split from what I've seen, a small majority actually on the other side, if one does exist.

HealthKit
2007-12-08, 11:07 PM
:elan: -2 he all ready got his happy ending the wistle remeber

Please see my previous statement regarding endings occurring at the end.

:xykon: will arrive at the predicted next gate where he and Redcloak will be defeated/killed.

Oh come on, where's your sense of drama?
The grand finale will take place at the final and last remaining gate.

The rest of your theory is pretty good though.

TheNovak
2007-12-09, 07:34 AM
-1: :haley: Haley already got her groove back.
1: :roy: Yeah, this seems to be the consensus around here.
2: :belkar: Assuming the Ring of Jumping +20 didn't count, this'll happen before...
3: :durkon: Like Kragor before him, I think the Order's dwarf will kick the bucket during the final battle, but his sacrifice will help save the world. And at least his body'll be intact.
4: :elan: Bittersweet, maybe, but happy.