PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying How to roleplay an horror scene as a player?

EdenNotRaven
2023-09-05, 12:24 PM
Hey guys, I like this forum and I like to ask questions here!
Okay, so I'm playing as a Human, Half-Red Dragon, Paladin of Tyranny Level 6, and Blackguard Level 3.
Because of the first class, I must play as Lawful Evil.
But why do I want to learn and know how to make horror scenes vs. NPC as a player?
There is a Reason, I'll explain why:
As a Blackguard, I got Hide and Move Silently skills, and Sneak attack.
I got an axe, and I'm Evil, together with Lawful.
There are plenty of scary villains that Lawful Evil, for example, Darth Vader.
But!
This is not enough for me.
The story right now on the campaign going like this:
We had a meeting with Yuan-ti female, that has overwhelming evil present. She invited us to her room in the inn.
She asked us, why we needed her help... so we told her that we needed to go to the desert, the place of the serpents, with Yuan-ti villages, and Guardian Naga's city in the middle of the desert.
We must get the "The Flute of the Undead" from Dark Naga's temple because it will get into the wrong hands.
She asked us what we would get from the mission. Because she knows where it is... no one has roll "sense motive" against her, But I did, and it was looking like she was not lying.
The Yuan-ti female asked us, how much gold we do for this mission?
We did not know, and the wizard rolled "apprise", he got like "30k gold for all the group", She said that she wanted half of the 30k gold for helping us.
we told her we would think about her and return to her.
Of course, we denied the quest.
I wrote her a letter and sent one of my party members to deliver this to one of the people near to "inn", to deliver that in the morning.
I wrote there:

Dear *Her Name*, I appreciate your kind help, but we must move on.
I would like to work with you on the next time,
Best Regards,
Aresus

I want to murder her team one after one if she recruits some members if I locate her in the temple.
Because I do not want any trouble with her and full team against us.

Thank you for helping!

GloatingSwine
2023-09-05, 12:27 PM
If you want to see what "protagonist as slasher" looks like then watch the Equalizer movies, particularly 1 and 3.

But really doing this in an RPG is going to be more determined by your ability to make the stealth rolls and kill everything before it can raise an alarm, in a way your GM agrees is sufficiently quiet it doesn't get investigated.

EdenNotRaven
2023-09-05, 12:40 PM
If you want to see what "protagonist as slasher" looks like then watch the Equalizer movies, particularly 1 and 3.

But really doing this in an RPG is going to be more determined by your ability to make the stealth rolls and kill everything before it can raise an alarm, in a way your GM agrees is sufficiently quiet it doesn't get investigated.

I will watch the movies to learn, I hope tomorrow.

How do you think I can do that? :-) as a half-Divine spellcaster?

Crake
2023-09-05, 06:57 PM
Not sure how randomly deciding to go all slasher killer on this person fits in with lawful evil paladin of tyranny, you’re entering chaotic evil paladin of slaughter territory here.

EdenNotRaven
2023-09-06, 08:31 AM
Not sure how randomly deciding to go all slasher killer on this person fits in with lawful evil paladin of tyranny, you’re entering chaotic evil paladin of slaughter territory here.

Oh, F... But I'm also a Blackguard, Blackguard can act like anything because it's not only "lawful".
What do you think I should do? act with discipline? Uff, But then I cannot be scary and make horror scenes.
Maybe, It's not fit my class.. You right.
What I should do to make a horror scene?
Do you have maybe idea? Maybe Intimidate?

Crake
2023-09-06, 09:46 AM
Oh, F... But I'm also a Blackguard, Blackguard can act like anything because it's not only "lawful".
What do you think I should do? act with discipline? Uff, But then I cannot be scary and make horror scenes.
Maybe, It's not fit my class.. You right.
What I should do to make a horror scene?
Do you have maybe idea? Maybe Intimidate?

Its never gonna be a horror scene because you and the other people watching on aren't placed in the victim’s psyche, you’re in the antagonist’s, so there is no sympathetic fear response. The best you’ll do is a gore scene which, while it might be nasty, isnt really horrific.

That said, if you want to be a paladin of tyranny, you should be going for a more kingpin style approach, turning everyone against them by getting them on your side. If they hire a group of adventurers, bribe, blackmail, and coerce them all into turning against her once she has the item, and bringing her and it to you, so you can gloat about it in front of her.

Alternatively, agree to her terms, then backstab her once you get the item

SangoProduction
2023-09-06, 01:33 PM
Well, I would take queues from the AI of proper horror games. Let the "player" escape. Never go directly at the player. And when they get too far away, activate the "leash" and show up relatively close by. Still with enough room to run, but it should force a change in direction at least.

Fero
2023-09-06, 07:56 PM
You want to scare a Yuan-ti? Have you considered polymorphing into a giant, yet stealthy, mongoose?

EdenNotRaven
2023-09-08, 01:08 AM
You want to scare a Yuan-ti? Have you considered polymorphing into a giant, yet stealthy, mongoose?

Hmmm, No... And I think it would be disrespectful.
I will go with Kingpin style; I would like to play this kind of lawful evil.
I was thought kingpin are chaotic evil, but maybe I was wrong.

Crake
2023-09-08, 02:21 AM
Hmmm, No... And I think it would be disrespectful.
I will go with Kingpin style; I would like to play this kind of lawful evil.
I was thought kingpin are chaotic evil, but maybe I was wrong.

Kingpin leads a organized crime syndicate

EdenNotRaven
2023-09-08, 02:55 AM
Kingpin leads a organized crime syndicate

I know him because of the spider-man animated series from the 90s.
Where can I learn to act like him when I role-play in D&D?
Do you have any examples or maybe some advice?
This is not something I can learn in 1 day, right?

Today I have the session, I'll tell you what I want to do.
I want to present my dragonnel to the party, I want to make it bigger, from large to Hugh.
This also raises his weapons and what he can do and will tell them it will solve our problem of flying from 1 kingdom to another.
I've talked with my DM; she told me that I can use "Enlarge Person" to make the dragonnel bigger.
I asked her if I could use the Perma spell with that and pay from my exp. she told me yes.
So, I want to offer my dragonnel as service for the party, but in exchange, I want to make the party help me pay for armor for the dragonnel, a Mithril full plate, and to buy scrolls from a Level 20 character, I know one sorcerer \ wizard that levels 20 because I told him that I want to join his crew, the "black crows", he, of course, give me some "request" for that.
In exchange for his magic on of my dragonnel to make him Perma Hugh, I will try to offer money or my service also.
But how would a kingpin do business?

Crake
2023-09-08, 04:40 AM
I know him because of the spider-man animated series from the 90s.
Where can I learn to act like him when I role-play in D&D?
Do you have any examples or maybe some advice?

Marvel's Daredevil on netflix has a pretty good representation of kingpin that you can watch.

But how would a kingpin do business?

The possibilities are endless, and since I'm not intimately familiar with your character or the world they live in, I can't really give you an answer.

EdenNotRaven
2023-09-08, 04:45 AM
Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix has a pretty good representation of Kingpin that you can watch.

The possibilities are endless, and since I'm not intimately familiar with your character or the world they live in, I can't give you an answer.

So you tell me, I should rewatch Daredevil?

Can you maybe, explain to me how lawful evil thinks? Maybe there is a flowchart?
I want to learn all the possibilities.