PDA

View Full Version : GM Needed Begging for a 2nd Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Game Set in the Faerun

onlie2005
2023-09-06, 06:23 PM
I have the following, with the exception of the starting level, flexible conditions with this request.

-level 1, I like starting from scratch and building from the ground up. Prefer roleplaying, plot intrigue and storytelling than power gaming
-Player's Options books as allowed sources, willing to provide links but am willing to go with what a potential DM would be comfortable with
-Proficiencies both weapon and nonweapon, don't want cookie cutter hack and slash, blast with magic characters only. These give characters more depth and more roleplaying opportunities and challenges in game that don't involve combat all the time. I don't mind combat but would like more variety in encounters and situations in game.
-modules Ruins of Adventure or Doom of Daggerdale would be nice. Sword of the Dales Trilogy is too lead the characters by the horn without options in terms of plot in my opinion but would not mind it. But I would not mind a DM creating an adventure, campaign of his/her own. Either way I would be happy just to be in 2e adnd game set in the Forgotten Realms.
-I like games where the character's background has a little bit of influence in game.
-openmindedness in terms of character creation such as child mages, maybe races not normally used for certain character classes, displaced characters from another world, more unusual character creation types within reason of course. In the case of a child mage I am willing to accept any penalties and limitations you impose on the character. Like I said I like roleplaying and character development and rather not create cookie cutter characters if I can help it. Would not force players to play characters that they don't want to of course because whoever they choose to play is totally up to them.

onlie2005
2023-09-18, 10:45 PM
No one is interested?:smallfrown:

Gyrfalcon
2023-09-19, 02:29 PM
I’ll be honest with you: D&D 2e is very niche, and your insistence across the years at playing child characters in an otherwise grown up setting can come across as creepy.

onlie2005
2023-10-08, 04:09 PM
Bump. Never hurts to ask.

Frosty
2023-10-08, 04:18 PM
I’ll be honest with you: D&D 2e is very niche, and your insistence across the years at playing child characters in an otherwise grown up setting can come across as creepy.
I find the old rules very difficult to understand, so I prefer the newer stuff myself. But yes child character is also weird.

Burning Spear
2023-10-17, 06:47 PM
If you'd change the system used to 3.5ish, I'd be game (as a player, lol), maybe start at lvl 8-9? to make it more interesting?
I wouldn't mind making a concept to fit for campaining in Daggerdale, but I'd like to be able to make a proper character, I'd not want to start at lvl 1.

Burning Spear
2023-11-05, 08:18 PM
No one is interested?:smallfrown:

Maybe if you change your paramaters somewhat :amused:
(I've got a lovely 3.5 build in mind for a 6th lvl pc for this area, lolz)

Burning Spear
2023-11-08, 02:49 AM
I made a new thread with different parameters for my version of this request.

onlie2005
2023-11-19, 05:18 PM
Still begging.

DarkOmens67
2023-11-20, 08:15 PM
Please define 'Child/Kid' What age group are you wanting?
You do realize that 'Children' are nothing more than 0 level and there is HPs for a Child it is 1D2, a 'Youth' is 1D6 ((Which is crazy because that youth has more hitpoints than a 1st level Mage))

Oh and why is it so important to play a child? There is no special journey they make that young adults don't make.

I found a post from you on a different site and '9' years old is WAAAAAAAAAYYYY too young. What benefit would a 9 year old have? They can barely read their native language much less draconic. 99.9% of most campaign worlds are 0 level commoners. How in the world would this person become 1st level?

Finally, what mage would want to raise a 9 year old, teach them to read, and then train them on magic. How did the wizard train such a young person to become 1st level at the age she is designed to be?

onlie2005
2023-12-22, 02:53 PM
Still begging in spite of discouraging results.

Ozreth
2023-12-22, 10:02 PM
You’d be much better off finding a game on Dragonsfoot.org, the main AD&D forums. Or any OSR type hangout (Reddit maybe).

onlie2005
2024-01-25, 10:34 PM
Can't hurt to bump this up, one never knows.