PDA

View Full Version : Undead Taint Bonus Feats

Fero
2023-09-06, 11:12 PM
I am planning an undead character for an upcoming game and am trying to figure out my character's bonus Feats from taint.

I plan to start with 20 or 22 Charisma. I understand this means I will have a corruption and depravity scors of 11 or 12.

For depravity, I will have a wisdom of 14 or 16. As such, I understand that I will start with a moderate depravity score, giving me one bonus feat, is that correct?

For Corruption, the Taint Threshold table in HoH starts at 1. However, as an undead I have 0/- Con. I have not found any rules addressing corruption thresholds for Con 0/- creatures. Does that mean I cannot gain bonus feats from corruption? If not, how would I determine the bonus feats?

For the bonus feat/s, can I choose any feat I satisfy the criteria for or am I limited to tainted feats? I always though I was limited to tainted feats but the explanation on HoH pg 67 indicates to me that I can choose any bonus feat. Am I missing something?

Thank you for any insights.

Crake
2023-09-07, 09:25 AM
Undead have set effective scores, but they do not actually suffer from depravity or corruption beyond their typical state of being. They were given those scores for the purpose of interacting with the mechanics of the book, but they dont get feats from it.

Fero
2023-09-07, 02:27 PM
Undead have set effective scores, but they do not actually suffer from depravity or corruption beyond their typical state of being. They were given those scores for the purpose of interacting with the mechanics of the book, but they dont get feats from it.

Is thar RaW or RaI? I respect either but just want to make sure I understand. I understood that undead do not get any of the negative effects of taint but did not see anything preventing them from enjoying the benefits.

Thank you.

ShurikVch
2023-09-07, 03:08 PM
Is thar RaW or RaI? I respect either but just want to make sure I understand. I understood that undead do not get any of the negative effects of taint but did not see anything preventing them from enjoying the benefits.

Thank you.
In the Heroes of Horror, Bane Wraith (Wis 14, Cha 18) and ghost of Jonah Parsons (Wis 11, Cha 12) are got no extra bonus feats for their effective Taint

Crake
2023-09-07, 07:53 PM

Thank you.

RAW, they do not actually have taint scores, they do not suffer from, and do not accumulate corruption and depravity, they merely have effective scores for the purposes of interacting with effects in the book.

If they did, then the book will have given literally every fiend and undead bonus feats

Fero
2023-09-08, 02:07 PM
I am still not sure on the RaW on this but the RaI is abundantly clear from the above, especially the reference to the undead in HoH. Thank you all!