PDA

View Full Version : Webcomics

Ichneumon
2007-12-08, 03:53 PM
Alright, this is a discussion thread as I feel this needs to be discussed. Should there be a web comic subforum?

The list of webcomics has grown so much that only already on the first page we can see these:

1. C2h5oh
2. Raistlin1040's comic
3. Macbeth, the comic strip
4. Inconsistency
5. The Generica Chronicles
6. Mechafox's comic
7. Remember
8. Failing Saves
9. Whitefeather
10. Ring V
11. Fire and Ice
12. Tales of Squark
13. The Adventures of Popcorn Man
14. Stick War: A war comedy

Alright, some of these comics (including my own) aren't even produced yet and some might not continue, but it does show us that the popularity of web comics is enormous.

Nameless
2007-12-08, 03:55 PM
Annnd you haven't listed mine :smalltongue:

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-12-08, 03:58 PM
We definitely need one. There's already a "webcomics" forum, though, so we would need to call it "playgrounder made webcomics."

Also, would ABR go there? It's technically a comic.

Omicroncubed
2007-12-08, 03:59 PM
Are we forgetting the Webcomic's part of the forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) or is this for something else? :smallconfused:

2007-12-08, 04:01 PM
^ this would be for the large number of playgrounder-made webcomics. A forum for posting comics, rather than discussing them.

Bayar
2007-12-08, 04:01 PM
ABR is an arts and crafts practice zone...And I think it should be a fancomics subforum. There are a ****load of them...and we need a little space around...maybe I will make progress on mine ...sometime in this year preferably...

Magioth
2007-12-08, 04:11 PM
;3633080']We definitely need one. There's already a "webcomics" forum, though, so we would need to call it "playgrounder made webcomics."

Also, would ABR go there? It's technically a comic.

IT DIDNT USED TO BE:smallyuk: :smallfrown: :smallannoyed: :smallfurious: :smallmad: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown:

Lyinginbedmon
2007-12-08, 04:12 PM
There are certainly a seemingly-evergrowing number of webcomics appearing around here, largely I think from the beginning of mine. Eventually, I imagine there will be enough to fill their own subforum, for now there are 14 webcomics on a front page with 45 non-sticky threads, roughly 31%.

So yes, a Fanmade Webcomics subforum to the Arts & Crafts would be handy, though I think we've got a ways to go before it becomes innately necessary.

EDIT: ABR isn't a webcomic, it's an art project involving many artists.

Nameless
2007-12-08, 04:15 PM
15 actually :smallbiggrin: she forgot the most awesome one... Mine!

The thing that anoys me is when people sayy they're gonna make a webcomic, but never do, they oped up a thread and maybe post one issue but don't actually do anything else with it.

Omicroncubed
2007-12-08, 04:20 PM
What lying said. Avatar Battle Royale is not an offical webcomic. It evolved into an interactive webcomic after salmon and threeshades ''met'' so to speak.

If I remember correctly, it happened a little after threeshades had joined the ABR (I'm not blaming anyone, no one knew it was going to evolve into what it is now). After that I think some people have left the ABR. I have nothing against the plot itself, but can I ask this simple question: Are we overdoing the plot too much? Are we going too overboard?

What I mean is ABR used to be all about random slaughter and getting better at drawing, not about a plot. So seriously... are we really going overboard?

And nameless I totally agree. It's really annoying.

@V: If you mean your current webcomic, it's looking good so far and hoping it'll go far :smallsmile:

Omega
2007-12-08, 04:25 PM
What about my starting comic? :smallfrown:

Nameless
2007-12-08, 04:28 PM
I think the plot is just getting way too complicated, I think it's great, but there's too much going on, it doesn't even make sense anymore, I liked it how it was back in ABR III, there's just too many people and too many sub-plots.

@Omega: I didn't mean just starting one, I meant starting one and not continuing with it. :smallsmile:

Ichneumon
2007-12-08, 04:29 PM
15 actually :smallbiggrin: she forgot the most awesome one... Mine!

The thing that anoys me is when people sayy they're gonna make a webcomic, but never do, they oped up a thread and maybe post one issue but don't actually do anything else with it.

Indeed that anoys me too. When you start a web comic, at least make 50 or so pages and finish it. You may only start thinking about stopping it before the plot ends when you made 100+ pages.

Almighty Salmon
2007-12-08, 04:30 PM
There are certainly a seemingly-evergrowing number of webcomics appearing around here, largely I think from the beginning of mine. Eventually, I imagine there will be enough to fill their own subforum, for now there are 14 webcomics on a front page with 45 non-sticky threads, roughly 31%.

Wrong, Failing Saves was first :smalltongue:

Failing Saves: 11-08-2007
Remember: 11-11-2007

Maybe if so many people didn't copy me! *Whimpers and runs away*

Nameless
2007-12-08, 04:31 PM
Indeed that anoys me too. When you start a web comic, at least make 50 or so pages and finish it. You may only start thinking about stopping it before the plot ends when you made 100+ pages.

I don't really mind how long it is how how good the art is, as long as you actually do something wioth it and not just say so.

@V: I think the main artists of ABR need to talk about where ABR is going, because I think it's beggining to fall appart.

@Salmon: Which means I was the 3rd. :smallbiggrin:

2007-12-08, 04:34 PM
I don't really mind how long it is how how good the art is, as long as you actually do something wioth it and not just say so.

@V: I think the main artists of ABR need to talk about where ABR is going, because I think it's beggining to fall appart.

@Salmon: Which means I was the 3rd. :smallbiggrin:

I don't think you're allowed to put an @V in your post unless there's a post under it.

Omega
2007-12-08, 04:34 PM
@Omega: I didn't mean just starting one, I meant starting one and not continuing with it. :smallsmile:

Oh... thank-you. :smallbiggrin:

@Ichneumon: I was asking why my webcomic was listed? :smallconfused:

Lyinginbedmon
2007-12-08, 04:35 PM
Wrong, Failing Saves was first :smalltongue:

Failing Saves: 11-08-2007
Remember: 11-11-2007

Maybe if so many people didn't copy me! *Whimpers and runs away*

Ah! But it only becomes a sequence or pattern with 2 or more incidences! Therefore, Failing Saves was an isolated event, Remember was the beginning of a chain reaction! :smallcool: The goggles! They do nothing!

Almighty Salmon
2007-12-08, 04:38 PM
Ah! But it only becomes a sequence or pattern with 2 or more incidences! Therefore, Failing Saves was an isolated event, Remember was the beginning of a chain reaction! :smallcool: The goggles! They do nothing!

Lies, All lies! I keel you good!

This means war against all other webcomics, Failing Saves will be Number 1! :smalltongue:

If we aren't already :smallamused: :smallwink:

@v: Quiet you!

2007-12-08, 04:41 PM
Wasn't Opening the first comic started here? And then there was Whitefeather.

Omicroncubed
2007-12-08, 04:41 PM
This means war against all other webcomics, Failing Saves will be Number 1! :smalltongue:

Or how about...
A webcomic heal/hurt on the SMBG :smallamused:

Almighty Salmon
2007-12-08, 04:43 PM
Or how about...
A webcomic heal/hurt on the SMBG :smallamused:

.. Oh snap. That's actually a really good idea. You know Omicron, I may just take you up on that.

EDIT: That means I call dibs, Nobody take this from me! :smalltongue:

Omicroncubed
2007-12-08, 04:44 PM
.. Oh snap. That's actually a really good idea. You know Omicron, I may just take you up on that.

I actually made a good idea??? I don't belive it :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smallbiggrin: :smalleek: :smalleek: and another :smalleek: along with :smalleek: and a :smalleek:

Off to bed with me though :smalltongue:

Nameless
2007-12-08, 04:45 PM
;3633217']I don't think you're allowed to put an @V in your post unless there's a post under it.

I don't even know what @V means, I just think it looks kool :smallcool:

Ichneumon
2007-12-08, 04:49 PM
;3633262']Wasn't Opening the first comic started here? And then there was Whitefeather.

I think so indeed. Wow, does that mean I was the very very first?:smalltongue:

Mr_Saturn
2007-12-08, 04:49 PM
I for one never check the "webcomic" section. I have enough forum sections to look around.

*throws wet trout at salmon*

2007-12-08, 04:51 PM

Actually, I think it might be the Giant, with The Order of the Stick.

Nameless
2007-12-08, 04:52 PM
Makeing a webcomic on here now doesn't make me feel special anymore... :smallfrown:

Almighty Salmon
2007-12-08, 04:53 PM
I for one never check the "webcomic" section. I have enough forum sections to look around.

Oh, It's on Ring V :smallmad: It's on..

I think i'll need permission from every webcomic to be in the Heal/Hurt. So Yeah, PM me if it's okay.

1. Failing Saves
2. The Generica Chronicles
3. Remember
4. Whitefeather
5. Ring V
6. Tales of Squark
7. The Adventures of Popcorn Man
8. Stick War: A war comedy
9. Story Of Death
10. Reality Trip
11. Opening

I havn't added any webcomics that havn't actually released any issues yet.
(Underlined means I have permission)

Lyinginbedmon
2007-12-08, 04:54 PM
Makeing a webcomic on here now doesn't make me feel special anymore... :smallfrown:

Maybe not, but the fact that there are people around who will read your comic instead of another certainly does :smallsmile:

Anyways, Opening started here but then moved away. Whitefeather was around for long while but then stalled in development. When Failing Saves and Remember began, the Webcomic Boom began.

2007-12-08, 04:54 PM

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/individuality.jpg

Nameless
2007-12-08, 04:55 PM

I think i'll need permission from every webcomic to be in the Heal/Hurt. So Yeah, PM me if it's okay.

1. Failing Saves
3. Remember
4. C2h5oh
5. Whitefeather
6. Ring V
7. Tales of Squark
8. The Adventures of Popcorn Man
9. Stick War: A war comedy

Is my comic that bad that no ever includes mine? :smallannoyed:

It's the one that was reliesed just after Remember. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota

Same here......

@ Salmon, awww........

Mr_Saturn

Ermm, you failed your "think-fast" check. :smallredface:

Almighty Salmon
2007-12-08, 04:56 PM
Ahem, Sorry Namless you're added now:

1. Failing Saves
3. Remember
4. Whitefeather
5. Ring V
6. Tales of Squark
9. Story Of Death

Lyinginbedmon
2007-12-08, 04:57 PM
I think the characters of Remember have enough on their hands at the moment

EDIT: You can feel free to put Remember in the running, but I'm lacking in the time to participate personally

2007-12-08, 04:59 PM

1. Failing Saves
3. Remember
4. Whitefeather
5. Ring V
6. Tales of Squark
9. Story Of Death

Thanks for making me #2!:smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2007-12-08, 04:59 PM
Ahem, Sorry Namless you're added now:

YAY!!!
I feel special again! *hugs*

Omega
2007-12-08, 05:01 PM
Is my comic that bad that no ever includes mine? :smallannoyed:

Same here, we would like to see ours, posted up here there. :smallsmile:
EDIT: mine, instead.

Mr_Saturn
Ring V is 5.

Coincedence?

And is webcomic heal/hurt like a smbg thingy? I don't really frequent the smbg section either.

Ichneumon
Although I have stopped posting it here, you have my permission to add Opening, if you want to.

Nameless
2007-12-08, 05:02 PM
What is this heal/hurt thing?

Yeril
2007-12-08, 05:02 PM
Yeril is planning to do a short comic, similar to Remember and Story of Death.

Basicly an short history of Yerils Ancestor in ABR, and how Yeril (And Yeh'Raille the golden dragon) links in to the plot.

Just asoon as I stop being lazy and write a script. :smallbiggrin:

So yeah give it a few months :smallannoyed:

Almighty Salmon
2007-12-08, 05:04 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61301) is an example of a Heal/Hurt.

The Generica Chronicles is in, aswell as Reality Trip.

Nameless
2007-12-08, 05:07 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61301) is an example of a Heal/Hurt.

The Generica Chronicles is in, aswell as Reality Trip.

This may sound stupid... but I really don't get that :smallconfused: :smallconfused: :smallconfused:

Mr_Saturn
2007-12-08, 05:12 PM
Basically a deranged popularity contest. o_O

Yeril
2007-12-08, 05:13 PM
@^ no, a derranged popularity contest that Failing saves is gaureenteed to win :smallsigh:

Omega
2007-12-08, 05:14 PM
This may sound stupid... but I really don't get that :smallconfused: :smallconfused: :smallconfused:

I second that.

@Almighty Salmon: What does, "The Generica Chronicles is in, aswell as Reality Trip", mean?

Ichneumon
2007-12-08, 05:14 PM
Yes, that too.

Mr_Saturn
2007-12-08, 05:15 PM
@^ no, a derranged popularity contest that Failing saves is gaureenteed to win :smallsigh:

I was about to say that much, but i restrained myself. :smalltongue:

2007-12-08, 05:15 PM

Hence the "deranged."

Almighty Salmon
2007-12-08, 05:16 PM
@Almighty Salmon: What does, "The Generica Chronicles is in, aswell as Reality Trip", mean?

It means that The Generica Chronicals and Reality Trip are in the Heal/Hurt contest. I thought you gave your permission.

I'm not betting on Failing Saves to win. Whitefeather and Ring V are very popular.

Nameless
2007-12-08, 05:17 PM
Maybe... but I don't really like the idea of critizing someones comic in a non- constructive way.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-08, 05:18 PM
Ring V rules!
Ring V rules!

Then Whitefeather rules!
Then Whitefeather rules!

Mr_Saturn
2007-12-08, 05:20 PM
My non-dnd comic is not nearly as popular as Whitefeather or Failing Saves.

I wonder if i should make vespe and saturn get sucked into a dnd universe. o_O

Omega
2007-12-08, 05:20 PM
It means that The Generica Chronicals and Reality Trip are in the Heal/Hurt contest. I thought you gave your permission.

I'm not betting on Failing Saves to win. Whitefeather and Ring V are very popular.

No I didn't, but I don't mind. Anyway, there is a thread where people talk about our webcomic?

banjo1985
2007-12-09, 05:19 AM
Ring V rules!
Ring V rules!

Then Whitefeather rules!
Then Whitefeather rules!

Woohoo I'm 2nd!

I do believe Redemption was actually the first webcomic I saw on here, then Opening and mine two days after that. But it's you guys and your explosion of new comics that started me up again :smallbiggrin:

Salmon, you have my permission to throw Whitefeather in, though I'm sure it'll get attacked mercilessly early on!

I'm another who never looks in the webcomics section, I'd rather Whitefeather stay here than get slung in there.

The only problem with a H/H thread is it's capable of knocking your ego a bit. We don't want people to stop making their webcomic because they got a pasting on the H/H.

Nameless
2007-12-09, 05:27 AM
A Story Of Death owns the all woot! go Death!

Askaris
2007-12-09, 05:28 AM
C2H5OH is at the top? Wow, I feel honoured, especially given that we haven't even posted the comic yet. :smalltongue:

Nameless
2007-12-09, 05:30 AM
Woohoo I'm 2nd!

I do believe Redemption was actually the first webcomic I saw on here, then Opening and mine two days after that. But it's you guys and your explosion of new comics that started me up again :smallbiggrin:

Salmon, you have my permission to throw Whitefeather in, though I'm sure it'll get attacked mercilessly early on!

I'm another who never looks in the webcomics section, I'd rather Whitefeather stay here than get slung in there.

The only problem with a H/H thread is it's capable of knocking your ego a bit. We don't want people to stop making their webcomic because they got a pasting on the H/H.

Which is also why I'm not sure if I want to join it, even though it's just for fun, you are at the end of the day saying what you like and what you don't like and will end up with someone feeling bad because they're gettinng "hurt" the most.

onasuma
2007-12-09, 05:35 AM
Also we give permission for C2H5OH to be used. And then win. Only if we win.

JasonDoomsblade
2007-12-09, 07:33 AM
Adventures of Popcorn Man is in. My enormous supply of characters will totally win.

Ichneumon
2007-12-09, 02:53 PM
Alright, we officially have another running comic. Inconsistency is online.

Sneak
2007-12-09, 03:06 PM
Anyone here remember Half-Wit? Yeah, I was thinking of starting it up again, but, well...maybe I'm just an idiot (actually, that's a definitely), but I just am not so keen on being only one DnD related sheep comic in the giant fantastical flock.

Desperate for attention? Maybe. What can I say. :P

Would anyone be interested if I started up my comic again? Or would it be better to just come up with a new idea?

linky for all you ignorant peoples (http://halfwit.smackjeeves.com/))

Simius
2007-12-09, 05:00 PM

Ha! Those silly younglings with their self-centered ideas! *swings his cane and grumbles like an old man*

There have been many fancomics in OoTS and other styles here on this forum. A few of them changes to their own websites, like Opening did.

Sneak had Half-Wit, I saw he might continue it. 'twas pretty funny.
Elflad had a really long webcomic as will in his own OoTSy style. I can't remember it's name though. There's propably been a few others I've forgotten. And then again there might have been a lot more before I joined.

EDIT: Simu'ed by Sneak himself!

Nameless
2007-12-09, 05:03 PM
[monolgue]Silly amatures... little do they know that son, P'n'G will rule them all! MWOHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!![/monologue]

So as I was saying... :smallcool:

Ichneumon
2007-12-09, 05:10 PM
What? No comments on the first pages of my new comic?:smallfrown:

Nameless
2007-12-09, 05:24 PM
I commented. :smallcool:

Lyinginbedmon
2007-12-09, 05:35 PM
Likewise :smallsmile:

The_Chilli_God
2007-12-09, 06:33 PM
Back to the start of the topic, for just a brief moment...
You'd need about 50 comics spread over the course of 2 years or so in order for it to be considered worth making another subforum about them, in my opinion. It's quite fine for now, at least.
Besides that, My own comics > Yours. All of yours.

Mr_Saturn
2007-12-09, 06:54 PM
I supposed thats a good opinion Chilli. And i agree mostly.

Its sort of a incentive to update more often as we stay in the A&C section anyways.

You have a comic chilli? :smallconfused:

The_Chilli_God
2007-12-09, 07:21 PM
...Yes, I do.
<.< >.>