PDA

View Full Version : The New D&D Pirate Game Thread

vampire2948
2007-12-08, 04:24 PM
Hello folks! Yes, you're at the right thread. Enjoy your adventure!

I will try my best to make it enjoyable for us all.

-vampire2948-

Deathslayer7
2007-12-08, 05:39 PM
okay. :smallbiggrin:

Darkantra
2007-12-09, 12:56 AM
Sorry, slightly confused, do you want us to post the game here now, or was this going to be an OOC thread?

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 04:25 AM
This is the campaign thread, carrying on from Kentma's thread.

Continue to Role Play.

Here's what's happening:

The Kraken, defeated, has gone back to it's lair.

You guys are sailing in no particular direction. You need to set a course.

Yeril
2007-12-09, 12:07 PM
The next morning, after recovering from the majority of her hangover, First mate Glidda makes her way to the officers meeting to disguss the plans of action. (For arguments sake the new guys are now officers too.)

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 12:45 PM
Quick(ish) plot recap:

It all began on one sunny morning about three weeks ago. (at least I think it was 3 weeks, no one really kept track of the time).

The old captain of this vessel had got us frozen in the ices of the north, which we all blamed him for, and it was his fault. Therefore, we quickly tried to take control of the vessel by force. Which Thomas did, eventually the captain teleported off of the ship and onto a random desert island, filled with many beautiful women and lots of beer. I should have gone with him.

Anyway, after we had wrested control of the boat, we found that there were letters that the old captain had in his cabin. They detailed arrangements for the Pirate Lord's fleet (that included our boat) to meet at a location four weeks from then.

Therefore, we set off. The bard, played by KatanaBlade, wrote a very good poem that he sang.

There once was a captain,
who wasn't so nice,
he took us, his crew,
through danger and ice.

Why did he do this?
I hear you cry,
He didn't give a reason,
before we made him die.

'twas Thomas the Psychic,
who charged in bravely,
fought long and hard,
and wounded him gravely.

The druid named Shea,
was next in the fray,
with Arthur, her squid,
they ended the day.

So there lies the cap'n,
all smooshed on the deck.
Now Thomas is captain,
the weight's round his neck!

We reached a port, where we resupplied and got some zombies and undead seagulls to help us to crew the ship and look for enemies. There were other things that happened there...such as ChineseLegolas' character having his way with much of the local female population and taking valuables.

We moved on, and presently found a ship that was crewed by dwarves, and after achieving first contact we took them up on their offer to kill a sea drake for them, which we still have to complete.

Once that was done the ship sailed on to a new area. Where we met a ship that was under assault by a Kraken, a dreaded beast of the deeps. We fought it off and outran a storm, even taking control of the boat by use of Slith's (vampire2948's wizard) lizard familiar and some undead. It is unknown what happened to that vessel, it is possible that it went down with the waves.

The boat is now several miles from that place, sailing into the distance, it is your choice where you go next and what you wish to do. Remember, you recieved an invite to work for the traders guild, a mission to kill a sea drake and you have a pressing appointment with the Pirate Lord.

Or, you could just do what pirates do best and pillage and plunder.

It's up to you, enjoy.

Yeril
2007-12-09, 01:01 PM
OOC: So we have 3 tasks that need to be done.

A) Kill the seadrake, we have 2 weeks to do this I beleive.
B) Meeting with the Pirate Lords, this is in less than a week.
C) be piratey, we got all the time in the world.

"I say we bett'r meet up with the pirate lord, If we wan'a sail in his seas we bett'r be on his good side." says the first mate dwarf, the captian have not arrived yet.

ForzaFiori
2007-12-09, 01:04 PM
Tomas come in a few minutes late, and asks for everyones attention. He then addresses the rest of the officers (and yes, all new PC's were promoted to officer) "Currently we have 2 tasks needing to be completed. We have a meeting with the Pirate Lord in 1 week, something i think it would be highly recommended we go to, and we have a sea drake that needs killing. Since there is no specific time limit for the sea drake, it needing to be done only before someone else does it. I think it would be best to go and meet with the Pirate Lord's fleet first, for missing that appointment would not do well in our relationship with him. What about all of you?

Solo
2007-12-09, 02:12 PM
That would seem to be an excellent plan, though if I might ask, could we not kill the drake and teleport to the Pirate Lord? I would prefer to get the more dangerous task out of the way sooner rather than later, but either way sounds good to me. Just let me pray to the God of Crabs to grant us smooth passage.

ForzaFiori
2007-12-09, 02:15 PM
Does anyone here have the ability to teleport the entire ship? Also, doesn't teleport require one to have been to, or seen, where they are going? If these obstacles can be overcome, then killing the drake first would be a fine plan. Otherwise, I would stick to meeting the Pirate Lord.

Deathslayer7
2007-12-09, 02:36 PM
And what about the other ship we lost, we could do with a bigger ship. But as i see it right now, we have an appointment with the pirate lords.

Solo
2007-12-09, 03:14 PM
Does anyone here have the ability to teleport the entire ship? Also, doesn't teleport require one to have been to, or seen, where they are going? If these obstacles can be overcome, then killing the drake first would be a fine plan. Otherwise, I would stick to meeting the Pirate Lord.

Scry the drake, teleport us there, kill the beast, teleport us back to the ship, then sail to the Pirate Lord. Nice, simple, and effective. We just need to find someone who can teleport us.

Deathslayer7
2007-12-09, 03:25 PM
I like that idea. But in case you have forgotten, we are in the middle of an ocean with a kraken on the loose, who after todays battle, will want us dead if it ever sees us. That, and none of us can cast teleport, and the nearest port is a few days away, (i think) where we would have to hire someone who could cast it and would want to fight a sea monster. She says.

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 03:33 PM
The nearest port is two days away. It will take four days to reach the place where the pirate lord is.

You have 1 week to see the pirate lord.

You have 2 weeks to kill the sea drake.

Solo
2007-12-09, 03:56 PM
Oh, well maybe the Pirate Lord will help us with that or something....

Yeril
2007-12-09, 04:26 PM
"Hm. If we head to port now a 2 day trip, we will get there and have a whole day to trade, repair and get supplys. Then if we head to the pirate lord then we should get their in time for the meetin', 7 days from now. Then we can search for this sea-drake and kill it in the next week." Glidda ponders as she draws a line of travel across the map with her finger.

"Hm but its 4 days from here.. How long would it take to get to the pirate lord from port?"

kentma57
2007-12-09, 04:53 PM
"Hm but its 4 days from here.. How long would it take to get to the pirate lord from port?"

The meeting place is 4 days from the port. The port is two days from your current location and the meeting is 5 days from your current location, though you would have to skip resupplying.

Yeril
2007-12-09, 04:55 PM
@^ 2 days sailing 1 day at port 4 days sailing, thats 1 week we should arrive on the day of the meeting.

vampire2948
2007-12-09, 05:03 PM
OOC: Kentma, shoo ^^ my campaign now! :D lol.

ForzaFiori
2007-12-09, 06:21 PM
((Yeril's idea seems best to me. 2 days to port, 1 day on land, 4 days to get to the pirate lord. from there, we can go after the drake. We MIGHT even be able to get some help from the pirate lord if we're good enough at sucking up.))

Darkantra
2007-12-09, 06:27 PM
Jason

Well Captain, it would be best to resupply at the port first, both for the ship and myself. I lost a great deal when my previous ship went down and I'd like a chance to buy some more supplies.

Jason reaches a hand into his cloak and pulls out a large bag.

And Captain, I feel that I must offer this in thanks for my place on this vessel and for being named an officer. Does this crew have a ship fund at all?

Jason hands Tomas a bag containing 1000 gp.

[[Can anyone tell me how damage to the ship works? Can I repair it with Jason's infusions or is there a special way to do it in a source book? Last question, does anyone know of an ship improvements that I can make?]]

Yeril
2007-12-09, 06:34 PM
OOC; Ooer, yeah we were using like.. a bunch of sea-themed books, and because they all used different rules it got realy confusing. we realy need to settle on 1 book, DM's choice of course.

Darkantra
2007-12-09, 06:38 PM
[[OOC: Yeah I can borrow a number of books from people I know. I think I can lay hands on Stormwrack, Seas of Blood and the Seafarer's Handbook possibly a few others. Were there any others being used? To the DM: Please go for a system that I can use my infussions with!]]

vampire2948
2007-12-10, 02:22 AM
Well, I like The Seafarer's Handbook. Any Objections?

KatanaBlade
2007-12-10, 02:54 AM
OOC - So? What's our course!

ForzaFiori
2007-12-10, 05:50 AM
"I say we follow Glidda's idea. Any objections?"

Deathslayer7
2007-12-10, 10:21 AM
Just one. What are we doing about the other ship? We are just going to leave it?

Yeril
2007-12-10, 10:36 AM
"The ship is un-important, we will find it after we have dealt with the sea-creature or we will find it on the way, but we just don't have the time to spare to go lookin' for a boat lost at sea."

KatanaBlade
2007-12-10, 11:02 AM
I agree with Glidda! lets do that!

I start singing a song about sailing, giving everyone +2 to their sailor checks.

Darkantra
2007-12-10, 06:55 PM
I have no objections, but there is the possibility of scrying on the ship while we're sailing to port. That would save time looking for it and let us at least know if such a venture would be worth trying. Can anyone here cast such a spell?

ForzaFiori
2007-12-11, 06:20 AM
((OOC:VAMPIRE: I will be gone from this friday to the friday after it, with no posting.))

Solo
2007-12-11, 07:06 AM
I have no objections, but there is the possibility of scrying on the ship while we're sailing to port. That would save time looking for it and let us at least know if such a venture would be worth trying. Can anyone here cast such a spell?

I could, um, pray and hope for a vision?

KatanaBlade
2007-12-11, 12:04 PM
Hey! I can scry! I'll do it right now.

I sit in a meditative position on the deck, legs crossed, arms by my side. I take a deep breath and cast scry.

I look for the ship that Slith's Lizard was on.

What do I see?

vampire2948
2007-12-11, 12:04 PM
You see the ship under a lot of water.

Solo
2007-12-14, 07:48 AM
Sleeping with the fishes, eh?

Darkantra
2007-12-14, 10:20 AM
Well, that certainly ends that avenue of options. We might as well head for port now.

Deathslayer7
2007-12-14, 10:29 AM
I agree. Shea says

vampire2948
2007-12-14, 11:14 AM
[Sorry that I do not have time to write a more lengthy description]

The sails are set, your ship moves off. After two days of sun, sea and sailing, you reach the port.

There is a dock that is large enough to accomodate your ship. You can go there if you wish.

There are cobbled streets winding their way up into the town, children and adults rush about on the piers and in the town, seagulls fly through the air above and a shop of streets is packed with people, their shouts and cries audible even from your boat.

Solo
2007-12-14, 11:46 AM
Bracharyus gets out on the dock and stretches his legs.

So, I take it we're going dragon hunting then? Tell me more about this dragon of yours...

vampire2948
2007-12-15, 03:07 PM
[OOC - Well...this is going well.]

Shameless Advertising!!! :

I'm going to start a new adventure at the start of the christmas hols, you are all welcome to join it. I will post a link on this thingy :D

It'll be better than Kentma's pirate ideas!! :D

<3 you Kentma.

Vampire2948,

NOW GET BACK TO POSTING! RAWR!!

Darkantra
2007-12-15, 07:08 PM
Lucas

Lucas spends his time at port absconned in his room. From under the door several crew members can see flashes of lights from under the door. Jake left the ship, with some very specific instructions. Flying well above the city the metallic dog looks for any kind of farm nearby.

OOC: Jason is going to create a wand during the stop over but I don't have my books with me so I'll fill in the details later. This is mainly a BUMP.

Note to DM:
Jake is going to look for a scarecrow and carry it back to the ship, I gots a plan...

Yeril
2007-12-15, 07:18 PM
Glidda and the Reavers in the crew (we still have all 6 right?) Survey the ship and make any repairs needed to it that they can get done in time.

Deathslayer7
2007-12-15, 07:36 PM
Shea will help repair the ship with some spells, then go to town and stock up on food.

Solo
2007-12-15, 08:28 PM
Hey, how about we go out for a night on the town? Find a bar, get drunk, have some eats, and relax?

Darkantra
2007-12-15, 08:55 PM
From time to time Jason ventures out from his room to use his infussions to speed the repairs on the vessel.

[OOC: How badly is the ship damaged?]

Deathslayer7
2007-12-15, 09:07 PM
(shouldnt be that bad, considering we both can heal the ship on the way to the port.)

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 08:21 AM
By the time you leave, the ship is fully healed. (Kentma didn't tell me how much damage the ship took. So I'll assume that you can fully repair it in that time)

The metal doggie finds a scarecrow and takes it back to the ship.

Shea, you go to the market. How much food are to looking to buy? The place is full of food, you can have pretty much as much as you like.

Yeril, yes, you have 6 reavers with you.

Yeril
2007-12-16, 11:39 AM
Glidda!
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/Yerileikre/aGLIDDA2.png

To the pirate lord it seems! ahoy! avast! Let-sa Go! Itsa-me Mario!

Deathslayer7
2007-12-16, 11:51 AM
I'm looking to restock the ship for a good two months, but its barely been two weeeks, so about two weks of food should be fine.

vampire2948
2007-12-16, 12:11 PM
Shea, that costs you...errm...10 GP! Expensiveness.

Nice gliddatar Yeril.

KatanaBlade
2007-12-16, 01:06 PM
I get off at the port and head into another part of the world to seek my fortune.

[I'm leaving the campaign. It's got a bit boring and slow. Thanks anyway everybody, enjoy the adventure with vampy, he rules]

kentma57
2007-12-18, 09:49 PM
Not my campain but, BUMP.

Darkantra
2007-12-23, 11:51 AM
Well folks, looks like it's dead. Time to bring it down completely.

Jason Hoderick

Jason is busy organizing his various potions, salves, and alchemical items. Arranged in neat piles on the floor and desk of his room Jason doesn't even notice that one of his ditherbombs has rolled to the edge of the desk.

Master, I found one!

Bursting into his room with the scarecrow, Jake bounds forwards and knocks the same ditherbomb onto the floor. Jason looks down at the smoking globe and has just enough time to say his final words.

"SHIIII---"

[roll0] Fire
[roll1] Frost
[roll2] Lightning
[roll3] Fire
[roll4] Acid
[roll5] x [roll6]
[roll7] x [roll8]
[roll9] x [roll10]
[roll11] x [roll12]
[roll13] x [roll14]
[roll15] x [roll16]
[roll17] x [roll18]
[roll19]

BRAAAKOOOOOOM!!

The ship, from the inside, is hit for 258 damage. It begins to sink listlessly down into the ocean while the people at port watch in horror.

vampire2948
2007-12-23, 12:30 PM
*looks up from the detailed plot that he had been writing for you people to explore*

CRAP!

meh...looks like that's not needed any more

I really shouldn't have let you have so many explosives :D

Yeril
2007-12-23, 12:44 PM
So is the campaign dead or alive?

Darkantra
2007-12-23, 01:05 PM
If you want I can just have it being a horrible, horrible dream :smalleek:.

If you had some plot ideas then perfect, I would like to see some action with this character that isn't me blowing up an entire ship. So if we're still trying to play then let's go for it.

As for the explosives, DON'T LET THE LUGGAGE GET KILLED, it carries all of Jason's explosives so the Luggage dying equals 258 damage to everyone nearby.

As a final note, if the campaign ever does go down again, well, you all know how it's going to end.

Jason Hoderick

Jason sits up from his bed, screaming. The dream had been so vivid that he couldn't get it out of his head. Looking over at the scarecrow he curses and slaps himself on his forhead before going back to work on his wand.

Solo
2007-12-23, 04:08 PM
So is the campaign dead or alive?

Schroedinger's Campaign.

Bracharyus tumbles out of the top bunk, and falls past Jason to land on the floor.

By the tentacles of Crabthulhu, what was that for? he asks angrily, applying a vigorous self-massage to his injured back.

Deathslayer7
2007-12-23, 04:17 PM
hooray for being in town buying supplies. Shea finds the ship gone. Eh, must have left w/o me she thought. She fails to notice the bubbles rising where the ship was, turns around and finds another ship to board with her squid Arthur.

:smallbiggrin:

And i believe it is dead officailly now. I'll still play but i doubt that is going to happen.

Darkantra
2007-12-23, 06:24 PM
Well vampire 2498 2948 you said before that you had another campaign idea and that we were all invited right? We could recruit some new players and play through that one.

Mithreander
2008-01-02, 10:48 AM
It appears that Vamp has been away since the 23rd.

So, when he returns, hopefully he can provide details then as to what will happen.

Oh, don't mind me... I'm just an innocent bystander clapping at the display of fireworks that just sunk into the port.

*Ooooo, pretty!*