PDA

View Full Version : Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once

Spiryt
2007-12-08, 08:53 PM
So certainly I'm not the only one who though of Allo, allo when reading this comic (among the other references, of course).

You know, Giant probably didn't have it in his mind, but anyway I immediately associated Haley with Michelle.

Especially that she had to say everything at least twice.

Charles Phipps
2007-12-08, 09:18 PM
So certainly I'm not the only one who though of Allo, allo when reading this comic (among the other references, of course).

You know, Giant probably didn't have it in his mind, but anyway I immediately associated Haley with Michelle.

I didn't think of Allo, Allo per say because of the fact that the premise is primarily a mockery of the French Resistance (mostly due to the fact that the Wehrmacht in Rene's part of the world are fairly harmless with the only genuine Nazi being an idiot). The Hobgoblins are definitely "Evil Empire" style bad.

However, I would definitely love to see plenty of resistance jokes.

BigBooter
2007-12-08, 10:58 PM

Oh, I really, *really* hope that doesn't mean that :belkar: is Rene... ewwww! :smallwink:

Then again, as a 'master of disguise', then :belkar: must be LeClerc...

:belkar: [ raising his glasses ] "It is I, LeBelk!"