PDA

View Full Version : Need some help buying PS3 games

Kevka Palazzo
2007-12-08, 09:22 PM
I know it's fun and trendy to PS3 bash, but I need some serious help here: I've got a new PS3, and I need to know what good games are out for it. I've been thinking about Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and I've heard good things. But are there any other good or decent games that I should look at?

In before Assassin's Creed. Already played it on the 360.

Lord Shplane
2007-12-08, 09:28 PM
Well, let's see...

Resistance: Fall of Man
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted, like you said earlier
Warhawk
Folklore
CoD4 (If you don't already have it for 360)
Oblivion is better on the PS3

I'm sure someone else knows more of them, but I'm more interested in the games coming out next year than I am with the ones this year.

INFAMOUS FOR THE WIN!!

Mr. Mud
2007-12-08, 09:31 PM
Well, let's see...

Resistance: Fall of Man
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted, like you said earlier
Warhawk
Folklore
CoD4 (If you don't already have it for 360)
Oblivion is better on the PS3

I'm sure someone else knows more of them, but I'm more interested in the games coming out next year than I am with the ones this year.

INFAMOUS FOR THE WIN!!

Madden and NCAA games are great on PS3, if you into sports and such.

*points to avatar*:smallwink:

Lord Shplane
2007-12-08, 09:34 PM
Also, Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War.

I think that it might have gotten bad reviews or something, but I ADORE this game.

Also, Heavenly Sword.

Kevka Palazzo
2007-12-08, 09:51 PM
Oh yeah. As a HUGE fan of the Dynasty Warriors games, I was really excited about Bladestorm. The review I read basically said: "If you're willing to overlook some technical and presentation problems, this is probably one of Koei's best games ever."

And as huge fan of DW, I can certainly overlook technical and presentation problems. :p

turkishproverb
2007-12-09, 03:00 AM
If your that big a fan, pick up Dynasty Warriors Gundam. Giant robots and Bashing games. Its fun.

Kevka Palazzo
2007-12-09, 03:13 AM
If your that big a fan, pick up Dynasty Warriors Gundam. Giant robots and Bashing games. Its fun.

Oh yes, but I was going to rent first.

Has anyone checked out Ace Combat 6, yet, though? I saw a trailer for it and thought, "That's probably cool, wonder if it's any good."

bluish_wolf
2007-12-12, 01:48 AM
I know it's not even out in Japan, yet, but Disgaea 3 looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kfvoTxGfi0
http://disgaea.jp/3/

There are huge improvements to gameplay in this one when you consider how little changed between one and two.

I don't have a PS3, so I won't be able to get it when it comes out, but I can still drool over the screenshots.

I love the fact that they are still using 2D sprites even though it's for a next gen system- polygons are overrated.

Kevka Palazzo
2007-12-12, 03:11 PM
Oh god...I forgot about Disgaea 3...

Mmmm...Disgaea 1 and 2...*nerdgasm*

Lord Shplane
2007-12-12, 04:31 PM
Also, FFXIII is coming out, as is Killzone 2, since we're talking about games that aren't out yet.

Also MGS4.

Oeryn
2007-12-13, 02:01 PM
I would totally recommend Uncharted, without reservation. I've been playin' videogames since the Atari 2600, and I can count on one hand the number of games I've played through twice. I just finished playin' Uncharted for the third time. It's honestly that much fun.

Ratchet and Clank has been a FANTASTIC series, but I can't speak to the latest one, since I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've heard good things, though.

Folklore has also gotten pretty stellar reviews, though I haven't played that, either.

Don't forget there are a lot of really good PS2 games that are still out there, much cheaper, and work just fine on the PS3.