PDA

View Full Version : Valdar, World of Elemental Leylines

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-08, 11:15 PM
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9002/valdartitle2ip0.png
The City of Harbor Manor, in the Drunken Whale Tavern and Inn

The tavern is dimly lit, but lively as a pair of humans and a halfling sing, dance and play their lutes on the small stage in the corner. Ysska sits back enjoying his ale and the music, its a decent song in the style of Vys~ir Fields folk though he misses a good salty sea song like the dwarves sung in the docks of Yssar City. Sighing with the remembrance of his carefree days. He brightens as a heavily armored dwarf enters the tavern and selecting a seat across from Ysska (since most other seats are taken). After a few minutes of studying each other, the dwarf is distracted by the waitress who speaks to him: "Znl V gnxr lbh beqre fve?"

@ Munatio: You are the dwarf, you have just arrived in and finished you chores unloading. You selected this tavern to escape the higher prices at the docks. You don't expect any salt-speakers, but your hoping someone can speak elven.

@ Ysska: The waitress says "May I take your order sir?" in Vys.

@ Sharn: After docking at the airport, you are spotted as you try to sneak away and the sailors shout at you to stop and guards begin to chase you into the city. After a long chase the guards are far behind and you think it would be best to lie low in the nearby tavern.

I'll let you describe your entrance.

@ Victor: After many weeks of travel you find yourself in the city of Harbor Manor. You have arrived by boat from Ysr~ir Keep and chose to find a tavern further in the city to avoid the high prices at the docks.

I'll let you describe your entrance.

Enlong
2007-12-09, 12:05 AM
Muntanio

Mun grumbles a bit at the expected, but no-where near convinient, foreign speech of the waitress. He adjusts himself in his seat a bit, briefly rubs his eyes, and twirls a strand of his braided beard a bit with his right hand. He addresses the waitress.
"I do not suppose, speak any Elven?"
He says in slightly broken Elven.

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 12:05 AM
Seeing his dwarfish friends confusion, Ysska leans over and whispers "She just said 'May I take your order', by the way." in Elven Common. (that's the language I'm whispering, I'm not saying it.) "Personally, I recommend the halfling grog. Quite nice." He sits back to see how the beglittered companion reacts.

Enlong
2007-12-09, 12:21 AM
Muntanio

Mun nods gruffly and whispers back to Ysska.
"Thanks. Do ya think you can order some of that halfling grog and a bit of flame brandy for me, seeing as you know her language? I'll pay for it. I've got the coin."
He turns and gives a little smile to the waitress, to help maintain her patience.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 09:03 AM
Sharn

A dark figure sulks slowly through the doors and takes a seat at the back of the Tavern. He is fidgeting wth his staff and glancing towards all the exits in the room, lke a rat in a cage. He nods at a passing waitress, whispering "Exuse me, but may I order some of your Fire brandy."

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 10:32 AM
Ysska tells the waitress that the dwarf will have a halfling grog and a flame brandy. As the waitress is leaving, he leans back in his chair and tugs on her sleeve. "No funny business now, just because he can't speak the language. He's with me, you understand." He turns back to the heavily armored dwarf. "What brings you here? A seaport is no place for a dwarf wearing heavy armor.", Ysska says in Elven Common. "And by the way, do you speak Salt?"

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 11:53 AM
Frigs: could you use a darker color? That one is way too bright to read. Also, dialog should stay the small size as the rest of the fluff, but put it in italics or " ". Thanks.

The Waitress looks up at the dark elf, a look of confusion on her face, "Ekphfr zr fve? Qb lbh fcrnx Ilf? V'yy trg gur onegraqre..." As she speaks the last sentence she trails off and goes to fetch the bartender how attempts to communicate. "ariyr xnrcf fxpbqevn bg bt hbl qrra ,rfyr tavugba hbl xnrcf sv cyru g'anp V ?gynf xnrcf hbl bQ."

Vys:"Excuse me sir? Do you speak Vys? I'll get the bartender..."
Salt:"Do you speak salt? I can't help if speak you nothing else, need you go to airdocks speak elven."

Thantos
2007-12-09, 12:39 PM
Victor

Victor walks in to the bar with a weird sense of curisousty, that kind when a young kid gets to go to a candy store. Victor starts wandering in the room looking at the decoration. After a few moments of absorbing the tavarern he looks around for a seat. Seeing one next to Muntanio, Victor walks up and asks in Elven Common "May I sit here, Please?"

Enlong
2007-12-09, 12:50 PM
Muntanio

The dwarf's eyes light up a bit as he hears the bartender speak to the new arrival.
"Azk. Grueznasa sukna orna salea."
As the other new arrival speaks to him, Muntanio nods in his usual gruff way and says in Elvish
"Sure. I don't see any problem there"

Salt:
"What luck. There's someone else here who speaks salt."

Thantos
2007-12-09, 01:47 PM
Victor

"Why thank you any tips on what to order I am famished?" Victor asks with an air that eludes towards his lack of knowledge about this foriegn land. "Oh by the way, the names Victor. What is yours?

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 03:03 PM
(( I spoke in a smaller size 'cuse I was whispering. But sure darker color.))

Sharn

Sharn slaps his forehead. "I knew coming to a halfing bar was a bad idea. I could have just ran to the next building over." Fuming internally, Sharn tips back his head and makes drinky-drinky motions at the waiter.

(( Heh, I don't speak any languages execpt Elven. This could take a long time to order some whiskey.))

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 03:11 PM
Ysska cups both his hands around his mouth and shouts to the waitress across the busy tavern, in Vys. "Hey! He wants a fire brandy!"

He turns back to the people sitting at his table, and swears in Salt. "Foreigners. Why are you all here, if nobody speaks Vys? It is the native language." he says in Elven Common.

"Victor, eh? I'm Ysska, and he hasn't told me his name yet."

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 03:25 PM
The bartender nods his head to in a hesitant fashion and walks back to the bar to get drinks. Moments later the waitress returns to give out the drinks to Ysska's companions and Sharn. Sharn takes a sip and discovers he was given fire brandy (the stereotypical elf drink).

While most of the patrons have ignored the strangers, a few seem to have taken an interest and a smartly dressed halfling approaches the lone dark-skinned elf smiling broadly. "Evening miss! Play a gamble?" The halfling has obvious difficulty with elven but makes a valiant effort. He draws out a pack of cards which draws the attention of a two other halflings who join the table. "You gamble Ley Cards elf?" The halfling inquires as he passes the elf a hand of 5 cards. Looking at the cards Sharn sees two have the symbol of air, one of fire, and three of water. Each have a rune Sharn assumes is a number in the center. Thinking hard he can decipher his hand as this: Air-9, Air-5, Fire-5, Water-7, Water-0, Water-0

The halflings add a few gold coins, three each into the center of the table and wait for Sharn.

Edit: You may make a DC10 knowledge check to figure out how to play the game.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 03:45 PM
[roll0]

Sharn

Sharn smiled, for he knew how to play this game very well, but took a sip of brandy and waited for the Halfing to make his first move.

Enlong
2007-12-09, 04:09 PM
Muntanio

Muntanio turns to Ysska.
"Ah, sorry. Got distracted. Name's Muntanio. I'm an armor-smith by trade, which is why I'm wearing this thing; made it myself and I like to show off the merchendise. Plus I like how it feels. I never learned Vys 'cause I never really needed it for the jobs I usually do. I came here on a delivery job. Some armor for a local fighters' guild. Now then, I've given you my name. what's yours?"

OK, which knowledge check is it?

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 04:18 PM
Sharn

Sharn takes three gold coins from his pocket and slaps them on the table. "Your turn"

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 04:19 PM
The finely dressed halfling studies his cards, his expression never wavering from his broad smile. He glances up to see his bet matched and places a Fire-0 card on to the table. He looks expectingly at the next player who frowns slightly as he silently places an Earth-9. The next player places a Water-2 and smiles at the finely dressed halfling.

@ Sharn: Sorry, but I forgot one important rule in Ley Cards, ties are always removed from the trick unless there is an advantage. Thus playing a Water-2 would result in both the Water-2's being removed and the Fire-0 wins the trick.

Edit: Anyone can make a generic Knowledge check or Knowledge (local) to know how to play Ley Cards.

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 04:21 PM
Ysska

"I'm Ysska. I'm going to call you Munty, if that's alright. I could never abide long names. Both my parents had them, and it bothered me to no end. Watch out for that guy swindling the elf. He's crooked as they come. Don't play cards with him. He's always got a few dozen cards in a pocket." Ysska makes a mental note to keep track of how much money the elf loses, and step in if necessary.

LT:I hope you don't mind if I embellish a bit on your well-dressed halfling. I'll change it if it's a problem.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 04:26 PM
Everyone except Sharn: As the group turns to see the halfling Ysska talked about, they can plainly see the halfling swap a card from his pocket with one in his hand.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 04:28 PM
Sharn

Sharn grins and places a water-7 card on the table.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 04:32 PM
The halfling that placed the Water-2 gives a triumphant shout and throws down an Air-3, beaming at the rest of the table. The next player sighs and plays a Fire-9. The finely dressed one waits patiently for Sharn.
[roll0][roll1]

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 04:33 PM
Ysska

Ysska sat back to try and work out which game they were playing. {Ley cards, Ley cards, How do those work again?}

1d20

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 04:34 PM
Eh, what? /\

[roll0]

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 04:43 PM
Sharn

Sharn frowns, looking troubled. Then he slaps his head with a duh! motion and places a Water-0 card on the Table.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 04:51 PM
The finely dressed halfling with his unnervingly stagnant expression places an Earth-1 on the table and calmly gathers up the cards and places a Day Sun on the table. The other players groan as the place a Fire-8 and Air-7 on the table and wait for Sharn. The grinning halfling has another card at ready.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 04:52 PM
Sharn

Sharn moans and places a Air-9 on the table and waits for the next round

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 04:56 PM
With the same sickening grin, the halfling picks up the cards and places a Earth-0 on the table. The other halflings throw down a Fire-2 and Air-4 as all hope seems to be lost.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 04:58 PM
Sharn

Desprate to keep another victory from the halflng, Sharn plays His last Water-0

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 05:03 PM
"Good gamble friend!" the halfling speaks again in his broken elvish as the next halfling deals out the new hand. After view his hand, the third halfling speaks gibberish and pulls out a stack of 20 gold coins and looks at Sharn. The finely dressed halfling address Sharn: "Friend wants know if risk you take?" As he says so the third halfling begins to count out 20 gold coins to set on the table.

Sharn's hand: Night Sun, Air-3, Earth-5, Water-0, Fire-0

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 05:08 PM
Sharn

Sharn, trying to look gullible, nods slowly.

(( Would I need to make a bluff check?))

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 05:14 PM
Ysska

Ysska calls out to the tall, dark, foolhardy elf. "Are you certain you wish to venture such substantial sums of currency?" in Elven Common, using long words to confound the slick halfling. "It's highly unwise to be broke in a country where you don't speak the language."

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 05:14 PM
Go ahead and make the bluff check. But the halfling will still bet 20 gold, your bet.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 05:19 PM
Shran

Sharn nods curtly at The Halflng's advice and puts down his cards. " This is true, I will bet no more." and walks away

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 05:26 PM
The finely dressed halfling's expression quickly changes into a furious frown. The halfling stands up stiffly and his companions quickly dart to flank Sharn. "I ask not. You play, or give money." the halfling seems to mean business and it seems that most patrons are attempting to ignore confrontation. Sharn catches a glimpse of a flash of metal as the halflings on either side of him draw their long knives.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 05:32 PM
Sharn

"I think not" With a sweep of his staff Sharn creates a gust of wind to push the Halfling back.

I use Airblast(Push) to try and shove one of the Halflings back into a table.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 05:38 PM
The halfling is caught by surprise and sent flying into the table and a loud crash. A number of patrons have begun to edge towards the door and the bartender is much less than happy. The other halflings are shocked by this action and waste precious time gaping at their stupidity.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 05:42 PM
Sharn

"Hah! Take that!" Sharn yells with a victorous cry. He then turns around and aims for the second halfling.

Hey LT, would it be possible to send the other Halflng flying back AND grab all the stuff the first one has while running for the door?

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 05:46 PM
@ Frigs: Standard action to Air Blast and a move action to run away, but I'd say a move action to take the halfling's stuff (minimum). Full-round to get most of it. Remember that the rest of the others might intervene.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 05:49 PM
So then i'll prolly just focus on taking out the rest of the Halflings, And THEN taking their stuff. Chaotic Neutral FTW!

Enlong
2007-12-09, 05:55 PM
Muntanio

[roll0]

Just a late reaction to the need to roll

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 05:58 PM
Muntanio

[roll0]

Just a late reaction to the need to roll

Congratz, If we ever get out of here, you know how to play Ley Cards. Now help take out these Halflings!

Enlong
2007-12-09, 06:09 PM
Muntanio

Muntanio decides that it's time for him to leave the bar. Now. Putting his hand near his war-hammer, he stands up from his seat and moves toward the door.

Standing up and moving about 10 feet toward the door

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 06:32 PM
Muntanio

Muntanio decides that it's time for him to leave the bar. Now. Putting his hand near his war-hammer, he stands up from his seat and moves toward the door.

Standing up and moving about 10 feet toward the door

Bah, ya pansy, abandoning me like this. Bah humbug. Also, LT would I need to roll for the Airblast? I assumed I automatically hit him seeing he is staring and gaping.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 06:34 PM
@ Frigs: I'll allow you to hit since you are exactly in combat at this point.

Enlong
2007-12-09, 06:42 PM
Bah, ya pansy, abandoning me like this. Bah humbug. Also, LT would I need to roll for the Airblast? I assumed I automatically hit him seeing he is staring and gaping.

Bah. It ain't pansyism to want to be near the door in case the trouble gets to me. I'm getting ready to react either way.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 08:52 PM
@ Frigs: I'll allow you to hit since you are exactly in combat at this point.

So, I knock back the second Halfling. What now?

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 08:58 PM
I'd like to wait and see what the other's reactions are. Don't be too hasty with this, you only need to post once or twice a day.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 09:02 PM
Meh, Flymolo is gone and Mr. Mcpansy alread siad he was waiting by the door. So I guess I wait. Blergh.

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 09:25 PM
Ysska

Ysska sighed. {Not ANOTHER bar brawl. These elves really need to figure out the whole not-getting-into-fights thing.} He downs the remainder of his drink, and on reflection, the remainder of the dwarf's as well. He stood, pushing back his chair. "Calm down, all of you! There's no need to get physical", he shouts in Elven Common.

Thantos
2007-12-09, 09:49 PM
Victor

Victor after taking a few drinks of his drink drops it on the ground as the fight starts to breakout. {I don't wish to have trouble in a new town} After Ysska's proclamaition, he goes to stand behind the halfling so as to get something/someone between him and the fight.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 09:53 PM
The second halfling is flung into another table and but the finely dressed one reacts to stab Sharn. Then he tumbles out of the way and out the door shouting for the guards.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] - Did not make the DC25 so provokes an AoO from both Sharn and Muntanio.

Enlong
2007-12-09, 10:07 PM
Muntanio

Mun slowly draws his hammer out of its place on his hip, and simply grips it, standing in one spot, so as not to do anything openly hostile or deprive himself of his weapon in the event that it is needed.

Enough non-pansyism for you?

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 10:14 PM
A critical no less. (I'm not sure where everyone is relative to me... but here goes.)

Ysska

"Okay, no stabbing!" Ysska shouts. He throws a lump of water at high speed at the swanky halfling. He turns and throws a pair of slivers of ice at high speed at the other two.

Standard action attack on the swanky one.
Move action(+10) ice shards on the other two. One ice shard each. I don't know how far away they are, or the angle of the cone involved, but if I can't hit em both, I hit one twice. Reflex DC 14 for half.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The blast skitters wildly off target and hits the wall instead. Ysska swears in Salt, and yells to Sharn "You really shouldn't have provoked them like that!" in Elven Common.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 10:17 PM
^ Unfortunately you rolled a 1...oops

[roll0] - failed

As a note to everyone, from now on your default language is Elven (Common). If you speak in a different language say so.

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 10:18 PM
[roll="initiative"]1d20+3[roll]

Filler filler filler.

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 10:20 PM
Shran

Shran winces as the Dagger peirces his chest, but continues to fight. " This will teach you to run for help!" He yells as he launches another blast at the Halfling.

Enlong
2007-12-09, 10:23 PM
Oh, oops! Wasn't sure if we were posting in initiative order yet. That warhammer draw'll be part of my next turn's actions, OK? Now then

Muntanio

As the brawl escalates, Muntanio stays in his spot and does very little, but he does take a swing at a halfling who ventures too close. He swings out with his not-yet-armed fist, as the opportunity came before he had a chance to ready his weapon.

Using unarmed Strike

[rol="damage roll"]1d6+3

Enlong
2007-12-09, 10:24 PM
Barg.

[roll0]

FlyMolo
2007-12-09, 10:24 PM
[roll0]
If it's needed. Filler.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 10:25 PM
[roll="initiative"]1d20+3[roll]

Filler filler filler.

We'll ignore init for this minor skirmish and fiat you hit with the ice (one one though).

Edit: Mun misses.

Thantos
2007-12-09, 10:44 PM
Victor

Victor seeing his new found accauntances in trouble Fires at the Halfling that stabed Sharn.

Fires a fire blast at the halfling

Firebending Dc take ten equals 20
Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1] fire damage

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-09, 10:50 PM
Hm...the roller is being mean, Ill buffer it a bit.
[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5]

Copacetic
2007-12-09, 10:53 PM
[roll0]

Shran hits the passing halfling square on with a push of air, throwing him(hopefully) To the ground

FlyMolo
2007-12-10, 06:08 PM
I really think that should be an Airbender staff AoO.

Bending strikes me as not an AoO style action, and besides, then we'd have to retroactively edit the continuity.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-10, 06:16 PM
FlyMolo is correct, you can't use a ranged attack as an AoO.

Copacetic
2007-12-10, 06:30 PM
Hmm, rats. Then I guess I have to hit him with my Staff. ( I hope I did the modifiers correctly).

[roll0]

In case that hit........

[roll1]

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 12:48 PM
Alright, at this point we have: 1 halfling knocked out laying on a broken table, 1 halfling at 0 due to ice shards and the finely dressed halfling at the door who has dodge all hits thrown at him. Everyone take 1 turn in any order before the halfling.

Enlong
2007-12-11, 03:14 PM
@Tartarus
How far am I from the Halfling at the door?

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 03:18 PM
@Tartarus
How far am I from the Halfling at the door?

Adjacent..

Enlong
2007-12-11, 03:30 PM
Muntanio

Mun sees that only the one halfling is left in the room, and, just his luck, it's the one in the door. Not wanting to kill anyone over a bar-room brawl, he decides to try and drop the halfling so that he can get away. He lashes out with his still unarmed hand (not having yet had the time to draw his weapon) and aims for the halfling's stomach

Expending one Ki point to make an Unarmed Strike a decisive strike, on the Halfling.

[roll=unarmed strike damage (nonlethal)]1d6+3 (times 2)

Enlong
2007-12-11, 03:31 PM
(fixing the roll, though I don't think it matters now)
[roll0] (times 2)

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 03:33 PM
The halfling successfully dodges out of the way of the dwarf's blow and makes for the the door...

You need to hit AC 19 by the way.

Enlong
2007-12-11, 03:35 PM
What? AC 19? But I'm AC 19! What kind of armor/dex bonus/ whatever does this halfling have?

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 03:43 PM
What? AC 19? But I'm AC 19! What kind of armor/dex bonus/ whatever does this halfling have?

Base dex 16 +2 racial = +4 mod
Base 10 +4 dex +3 defense bonus (rogue 2) +1 size = 18

Sorry, I had the dex too high he has AC18.

FlyMolo
2007-12-11, 03:47 PM
Ysska

"I have no desire to deal with the police today." Ysska said as he hurled an assortment of razor sharp bits of ice at the fleeing halfling. "What? Call it a citizen's arrest."

Ice Shards seed. Base DC 10, I'm adding another 5 shards. total DC 20. I take 10 and pass. 7 shards total, so 7d4 damage. Reflex DC 14 for half.

[roll0]1/2 piercing, 1/2 cold.

If anyone's in the negatives, I move to them. If not, I move to the halfling at 0.

Enlong
2007-12-11, 03:47 PM
Base dex 16 +2 racial = +4 mod
Base 10 +4 dex +3 defense bonus (rogue 2) +1 size = 18

Sorry, I had the dex too high he has AC18.

Ah. I see. OK, then. Just an unlucky roll, I guess.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 03:52 PM
The fleeing halfling drops as he bleeds where the ice shards struck him.

One halfling is a full health but unconscious due to non-lethal, one is at 0 and the one Ysska just hit is in the negatives.

FlyMolo
2007-12-11, 04:54 PM
Ysska

Ysska runs over to the dying halfling and tries to patch him up. "Come on, a little help? We don't want anybody dying here. The Esper state looks down on that kind of stuff. I for one personally don't want to get mixed up with that sort of thing. Someone help me stop the bleeding, and then I'm getting out of here."

[roll0] First aid DC 15.

Copacetic
2007-12-11, 05:01 PM
Sharn

Sharn decides it is in his best intrest to make the most of the fact that all the halflings are down and goes to loot the one that is unconscious

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 05:03 PM
No one makes a move and as Ysska looks to see if anyone makes a move he notices them shrinking back; staring at something above Ysska. Cautiously, he looks up to a towering figure of a human guard. "Well, well, what do we have here?" His booming voice silences the room until the bartender bounds up and explains that the elves, dwarf and this halfling attacked these poor card players. The tavern explodes with agreement.

"QUIET!! YOU RUFFIANS!! Over here!"

The guards voice is deep and loud, silencing the entire section of the street as passing halflings stop to watch. A number of halfling guards march in to arrest you. You are lead away and thrown into simple cells near the actual Manor. The guards announce that you'll be processed within the hour.

Remember this is the first human you've seen and they are taller than everyone else, this guard looks very strong and intimidating.

Copacetic
2007-12-11, 05:23 PM
@Lord Tartarus
Hey, El Tea, is that for everybody? or just the halfling, cause I've seen people taller than him. In case that that is for everbody, I call shenanigans, I should at least have a chance to run away from the guard or a escape artist check.

FlyMolo
2007-12-11, 05:30 PM
Ysska

"Hey Elf Schmuck! Guess what? Thanks. A. Lot. Let that be a lesson to you not to deal with gang leaders. A lesson to me not to help random schmucks, too. Also, in case you didn't catch it because you don't speak the language, we're to be processed in an hour." He prods at the lock on the door.

Are these locks cheap? Are we just being watched, no locks? What's the security like?

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 05:34 PM
@Lord Tartarus
Hey, El Tea, is that for everybody? or just the halfling, cause I've seen people taller than him. In case that that is for everbody, I call shenanigans, I should at least have a chance to run away from the guard or a escape artist check.

You may attempt to struggle if you wish, but a man about your height and a lot more burly than you is blocking the door. Add those halfling guards are buffer than most.

Copacetic
2007-12-11, 05:38 PM
No, I mean on the Way to the prison.

You are lead away and thrown into simple cells near the actual Manor

I think I should get some sort of escape attempt. If not, well crap.:smallannoyed:

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 05:39 PM
No, I mean on the Way to the prison.

I think I should get some sort of escape attempt. If not, well crap.:smallannoyed:

Go for it, escape artist DC15 or 20, I need to check. You know you're being escorted right?

Edit: Alright, a DC15 escape artist check, you have a -4 penalty for your arms being bond. Its a DC30 escape artist or DC26 strength check to get out of the manacles.

FlyMolo
2007-12-11, 05:43 PM
Go for it, escape artist DC15 or 20, I need to check. You know you're being escorted right?

If he's tied up, the DC is the Use Rope check +10. Cheap manacles are 30.

Copacetic
2007-12-11, 05:44 PM
Well, I figure I should at least get try even agiasnt the odds. That way it feels less of a railroad.

[roll0]

Oh well I'm screwed then. Please continue.:smallwink:

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 05:46 PM
If he's tied up, the DC is the Use Rope check +10. Cheap manacles are 30.

Well, only your arms are bond, though your escorted by two halflings each who have a firm grip on your arms. They do get AoOs if you try to escape and are armed with weighted batons that are equivalent to a heavy mace.

Edit: Heh, I guess I'm too used to my group. If you ever think you should get a roll for something and want to try, go ahead, I'll probably agree with you its just it is unlikely you'll pass so I move the story along.

Anyway, in you're all safely prison...

FlyMolo
2007-12-11, 05:50 PM
Well, I figure I should at least get try even agiasnt the odds. That way it feels less of a railroad.
[roll0]
Oh well I'm screwed then. Please continue.:smallwink:
Let me explain to you the difference between plot railroading and "this is what happens when you do that". You start a fight, this is what happens. Besides, now we're all the the cheapo cells, and unless we're being watched, those of us with more than 14 dex can pick our way out. No offense.

Copacetic
2007-12-11, 05:54 PM
Let me explain to you the difference between plot railroading and "this is what happens when you do that". You start a fight, this is what happens. Besides, now we're all the the cheapo cells, and unless we're being watched, those of us with more than 14 dex can pick our way out. No offense.

None taken. Though I would also like to know what the security is like.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 06:02 PM
Looking at your surroundings, you see you are in a mostly vacant cell block, only ten cells, five to a side, are in the chamber. The chamber itself is sunken into the ground so that the street level is one foot below the ceiling where a grate of sturdy iron bars prevents escape. You are split into two groups, Victor and Sharn in one cell with Munty and Ysska across the hallway. Two cells down on the elves' side there is a drunkard sleeping (a bit early isn't it?) but the rest of the chamber is empty. The only exit is right next to your cells where a rickety wooden stair case ends at a door that opens in. That is where you entered and you can hear two guards muttering on the other side. Opposite this door at the other end of the hallway is a storage room where your equipment was stoled.

Copacetic
2007-12-11, 06:10 PM
Sharn

Sharn raps the lock on the cell block and begins fiddling with it........

I begin taking 20 on the lock

FlyMolo
2007-12-11, 06:21 PM
Ysska

Ysska takes a closer look at the guard, trying to see if he's really sleeping. He cups his hands around one ear and tries to hear what the guards are saying. He mugs furiously at Sharn to stop picking the lock for a second.

[roll0]
[roll1]

FlyMolo
2007-12-11, 06:22 PM
Ysska

Ysska takes a closer look at the guard, trying to see if he's really sleeping. He cups his hands around one ear and tries to hear what the guards are saying. He mugs furiously at Sharn to stop picking the lock for a second.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I'm going to wait and see what Munty and Victor do.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 06:38 PM
The drunkard seems to be fully asleep, but the guards are too muffled and speaking too quietly to hear what they are saying.

Thantos
2007-12-11, 08:32 PM
Victor

"So what do you think they will do to us?" he asks Sharn. Victor starts to pace back and forth and in general starts to have a mental breakdown. All said in Gobnash. "I've never gotten in trouble with the law before. I hope they don't tear me from limb to limb. I heard that the halflings are very mean here. My brother said that when you kill someone they slowly kill you by pulling..." Victor continues to ramble on about some horible form of horible punishment.

Copacetic
2007-12-11, 09:51 PM
Sharn

Sharn looks up from fiddling with the lock long enough to slap Victor and whsper violently "Get a hold of youself! We are getting out of here."

Thantos
2007-12-11, 10:19 PM
Victor

Victor, hearing Sharn's words of wisdom, sits down on the floor and starts to meditate.

Copacetic
2007-12-11, 10:24 PM
Sharn

"There, that's better. Now just hold tght till I get this door open, then we'll need some of that firebending prowess of yours to help bust us out of here" Sharn contnues his work on the lock.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 11:02 PM
After a long while, Sharn manages to unlock the cell. But your luck seems to not change much. The drunkard has just awoken and attempts to quietly ask you to break him out too, unfortunately it is more of a shout: "OY THERE! YOU'S BREAKING OU? BUST MES OU WILL YA?" The guards outside the door have stopped talking.

Copacetic
2007-12-11, 11:08 PM
Sharn

Sharn immediatly slams the cell door and pretends to be asleep.

[roll0]

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-11, 11:12 PM
The guards enter the chamber and look around. They go over to talk to the drunkard, but seem satisfied by his slurred answers and leave as the drunkard passes out again.

Enlong
2007-12-12, 03:41 PM
Muntanio

Mun sits in his cell, looking enormously annoyed. He mutters to himself in Salt.
"Kves E drek ne? Nuk nerukea TEHRA nokune."
He kicks the wall in frustration and sits back down.

Salt:
Why am I here? All I did was try to leave after THEY started a brawl.

FlyMolo
2007-12-12, 05:30 PM
Ysska

Ysska mutters right back at his cellmate in Salt. "TEHRA donuk mubble stringit lengo, padski. Veli matti koivu, de carabas. Myllef laka biet. Sed metski, bilski farerda, malesda pyrest. Lubba tempa beston, onarga skyllef. Batkia Sharnski makyllef pyresto. Wahrent eudet dart brad, ipsum inkus Vecna moidern."

Salt:
"'They' weren't the only ones fighting, [expletive]. You took a swing at the leader guy too. And you had your weapon drawn. Now stop complaining and help me work on the lock. We've only got an hour, and the justice system isn't going to take us seriously. Not to mention if they break out, we're all dead.

I begin taking 20 on the lock.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-12, 05:38 PM
It has been a good half an hour or so before both cells are unlocked. The drunkard seems to stay asleep and his snoring covers up the click of the lock Ysska was working on.

FlyMolo
2007-12-12, 05:59 PM
Ysska

Ysska's halfling features light up when the lock clicks open. He stands back and listens for the guards. If it sounds all clear, he goes over to the base of the staircase and listens to see if the guards are still talking outside.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-12, 06:10 PM
Ysska walks to the stair case to listen to the guards, he can't tell what they are saying, but they seem well involved in some sort of argument.

Copacetic
2007-12-12, 07:01 PM
Sharn

Sharn tip-toes over to the other side of the room and opens the door to the storage room.

[roll0]

Thantos
2007-12-12, 08:59 PM
Victor

Victor slowly walks out of his cell, {what am I doing? I never thought I would run from the law. I hope we don't get caught} Victor walks quitely up to the door towards the stairway. Victor strains to hear what the Guards are saying.

Move silently [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-12, 09:49 PM
Sharn peers into the storage closet to see his and his companion's possession as well as a small, dirty keg of cheap ale.

Victor listens at the door, the guards seem to be arguing but Victor can't comprehend what they are saying.

Enlong
2007-12-13, 06:52 AM
Muntanio

Rather then leaving the cell right away, Mun decides to first look for his things. He tiptoes over to the storage room door and tries to quietly discern if it's locked by moving the knob a small amount.

[roll0]

Yeah, I sure am guilty of horrible crimes, all right. 1 count of Running Away from someone else's fight, and 2 counts of Not Hitting a weapon-toting halfling

FlyMolo
2007-12-14, 06:07 PM
Peh. You only didn't hit him because he dodged. Besides, doesn't matter. We're all in this cell together.

Ysska

Ysska pads over to the storage closet and outfits himself with his crossbow, sling, and waterskins. He shapes himself a few dozen bolts made out of ice, loading them into his crossbow. He takes the time to craft tiny barbs and feathers on them. Hefting his crossbow in both hands, his waterskins swinging into place, he motions towards the doorway. "Who's up to getting out of here?" he whispers.

[roll0]
I use ice shards to craft 20 pieces of ammo for my heavy crossbow, and load one. I take 10 on the check and beat the DC by (more than)5, so they're masterwork. (+1 to attack rolls) They also deal an extra 1d6 cold on impact relative to normal arrows.

Thantos
2007-12-14, 07:08 PM
Victor

Victor nods his head towards Ysska. He Steps back from the door and gets in to his stance.

Enlong
2007-12-15, 02:02 PM
Muntanio

Mun peers into the closet, looking for his stuff

If necessarry:
[roll0]

@ Lord
How is my stuff arranged in the closet? Is it all in a backpack, or is the armor and pack and weapons split up somehow?

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-15, 02:04 PM
@ Mun: All your possessions are in your packs, except for your armor and weapons which are placed next to or under your packs.

FlyMolo
2007-12-15, 08:58 PM
Ysska

Ysska whispers to his co-escapees "Anyone want or need a weapon? I can make nice shiny ice weapons if someone needs one. Barring that, call for the guard when everyone's ready, so we can take him down here. We don't want to deal with this guy on the stairs."

If anyone wants a weapon, I craft one from ice. I can make masterwork light, one-handed, or two-handed weapons. Or ammo, if someone needs bullets or arrows. If nobody does, I ready an action to fire at whoever comes through the door at the top of the staircase.

Thantos
2007-12-15, 11:02 PM
Victor

"I am fine," he whispers to Ysska. Remembering his stuff, Victor whispers to Ysska "I be right back." And then goes back to the closet and looks for his stuff. He takes it if he finds it.

Move silently [roll0]

Enlong
2007-12-16, 01:41 AM
Muntanio
Mun steps into the closet and takes his stuff. Grumbling, he grudgingly shoves his armor into the pack, knowing he can't put it on quickly enough. He loosely ties his shield onto the outside of his pack using some rope, with a knot loose enough to undo in a hurry. Pulling on the pack, he straps his hammer to his side, and sticks his axe in the strap over his back.

Armor is in the backpack, shield is tied to the outside by a rope that can be untied if Mun yanks on his end of it. Warhammer and Greataxe are on my person, ready to be draw with a move action if need be. AC still sucks if I don't put that shield back on, though.

Enlong
2007-12-16, 01:42 AM
oh, yah. right.

[roll0]

FlyMolo
2007-12-16, 02:03 PM
Ysska

Ysska gestures to Munty to put on his armor. "We've got time." he whispers. Shouldering his crossbow for the moment, he goes over to Munty to aid him.

Copacetic
2007-12-17, 11:47 AM
Due to crappy wireless connectors Fixed!and finals, I have to bail for about 5Now! days till its better, feel free to Godmod me and bring me along for the ride. Just don't kill me. Thank you!

FlyMolo
2007-12-17, 05:25 PM
El Tea, I know Frigs in RL, I can take over if absolutely necessary. If you would prefer to, that's cool too. In fact, that's kinda preferable.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-17, 05:33 PM
Sure Flymolo, if you could do that, that'll be great. It seems that everyone is ready for the break out, how makes the first move?

As a warning, I'm flying home tomorrow from college so I will be on in the early afternoon and then later that night. Then I'll only be able to access the internet after 8pm or so. This might slow things down, but we should still chug away. If anyone has vacations coming up or anything of that nature, just announce when you'll be gone the day before, thanks.

Copacetic
2007-12-17, 11:01 PM
Ah-hah! I'm back. False alarm, internet is unbroken!

FlyMolo
2007-12-17, 11:04 PM
In that case, let's get this show on the road.

Ysska

Ysska, seeing that his friends are ready, calls out to the guard in Vys. "Oi! Bring a bucket of water! Your drunk friend soiled himself!" Ysska levels his crossbow at the stairs.

I ready an action to shoot our guard friend if he reaches the bottom of the stairs. Now that we have an airbender back, I'd rather use nonlethal force, like knocking him backwards.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-17, 11:11 PM
After a few moments the guards stop talking and one opens the door and begins to walk down the stairs, suddenly stopping halfway down and hesitates a bit too long upon seeing the prisoners fully armed and waiting for him.

Thantos
2007-12-17, 11:36 PM
Victor

Victor springs into action.

Inititive [roll0]

Edit for got to color post

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-18, 12:00 AM
You guys get a surprise round by the way, so just post your initiatives and actions, unless you think your actions might conflict for some reason.

Copacetic
2007-12-18, 06:39 PM
Sharn

With a Sweep of his staff Sharn attempts to throw the guard on his backside.

[roll0] Please tell me if I did ths wrong El Tea.

[roll1] It's wisdom modfier to bending right?

Copacetic
2007-12-18, 06:41 PM
*General Swearing* Rght, lets try this agan, without preveing the post to see If I got the spoiler right.

[roll1]

[roll="Init"]1d20+3

FlyMolo
2007-12-18, 07:07 PM
[roll0]

Ysska

Ysska fires his crossbow at the hesitating guard, then slings his crossbow across his back, buckling it in place. He shouts to the other guard in Vys. "AAH! The drunk's gotten angry! Your guard friend needs help!"

[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

I wish there was a way to pull the shot to do nonlethal. I don't think there is, sadly. Is there? Regardless, I shoot at him, then holster my weapon.
I need both hands to bend, and this crossbow is going to take too long to load anyway.

Thantos
2007-12-19, 07:36 PM
Victor

Victor readies an action to fire blast the other guard if he starts to come down the stairs.

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-19, 11:51 PM
Sharn's blast misses, but Ysska's bolt strikes glances off the guard's arm. Hearing, the call, the other guard dashes down into the room, down the stairs...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Surprise round is over, we go to init-order

Thantos
2007-12-20, 10:53 AM
I think that makes me first, or should I wait for Frigs to reroll Initive

FlyMolo
2007-12-20, 04:58 PM
Munty also needs to post his actions doesn't he?. I dunno.

Enlong
2007-12-20, 06:27 PM
Muntanio

After getting his armor on, Muntanion moves forward towards the guards, hammer in hand

Also,
[roll0]
Are the guards close enough for me to reach in 20' from the door of the storage room?

Copacetic
2007-12-20, 07:20 PM
Les try init again.

[roll0]

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-20, 11:01 PM
The hallway between the cells is 40ft long from the closet to the foot of the stairs, the stairs are 10ft long, Guard 1 is at the bottom square and guard 2 is at the top square.

Unfortunately, it seems that the fight has started at a bad time. I will be leaving in 2 days on vacation until Dec 30th. There is a possibility that I will be able to post during that time, but I do not know for sure. However, lets just keep things going if we can.

Initiative Order: Victor -> Guard 1 -> Sharn -> Muntanio -> Guard 2 -> Ysska

Victor needs to make his readied fire blast then take his turn.

Guard 1's actions:The first guard dashes down the stairs pulling out his sabre as he goes. He charges at Ysska and swings...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Crits on an 18-20, if a crit:
[roll2]

Guard 2's actions:The second guard dashes down the stairs pulling out his sabre as he goes. He charges at Victor and swings...

[roll3]
[roll4]

Crits on an 18-20, if a crit:
[roll5]

Both guards are halflings with chain shirts (AC 19) and armed with sabres (rapiers). They have 10hp. (I'm only telling you this since I might not be here if you kill/knock them out in the first round.

Thantos
2007-12-21, 10:54 AM
Victor

Victor shots flames out of his hands at the gaurd coming down the stairs. He then shots another one at the same gaurd.

Fireblast are an easy take ten for both.

Attack roll for Ready action: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack roll for regular action: [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Copacetic
2007-12-22, 11:30 AM
Sharn

Sharn leaps forward towards where the Guard is attcking Ysska and attempts to hit hm with his staff.

[roll0]
[roll1]

FlyMolo
2007-12-24, 02:58 PM
I'll wait until Munty posts his actions to post mine. Impossible actions an all. In the meantime, I'll just plot. Edit: And scheme.

Enlong
2007-12-24, 07:40 PM
Muntanio

Mun races the remaining length of the hall in an effort to down the guards before they can sound any alarm. Like a bull, he charges, crossing the remaining length of the hall easily, and lowers his headbutting the halfling in the stomach.

Charging 20 feet and attacking the halfling at the top of the stairs with an Unarmed Strike (using my head), and choosing to make it nonlethal damage.

[roll0]
[roll1]

FlyMolo
2007-12-25, 11:29 AM
Ysska

Ysska twists out of the way of the onrushing guard's blade, but he's not quite fast enough. Backing away from the guard, he draws his arm back, icy knives appearing in his hand. Water flows over his fingers, replacing the thrown knives with a new pair, which fly off towards the other guard.

5-foot step away from the first guard. I take 10 on the bending check for ice shards to get a 21. 7 shards, dealing 1d4 each. I throw them in an arc. 5 are aimed at the first guard, and 2 are aimed at the second.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]DC 10 to maintain the water.

As a move action, +10 to the DC, I use ice shards again, launching two more at guard #2. I take 10 on the check.
[roll3]
[roll4]DC 10 to maintain the water.

El Tea, I just looked over the waterbending entry. I just noticed I'm not proficient with light armor. I'll take it off as soon as this is over.

FlyMolo
2007-12-25, 12:03 PM
Ysska

Ysska looks around, slightly stunned by the scene in front of him. One guard is dead, the other unconscious. He immediately struggles to remove his cumbersome armor. {I knew from the start this thing was too stiff. Big nasty leather thing.} "Okay, uh, let's get out of here. Somebody help me get this leather stuff off? And maybe tie up that unconscious guy?"

Enlong
2007-12-25, 10:49 PM
Muntanio

Mun digs a rope out of his pack and chucks it to Ysska.
"Here" He says, "Tie him up, or one of the others can do it. I scarcely know how. Besides" He continus, a bit lower in tone "It's one less thing I'll need to get rid of when we part ways."

FlyMolo
2007-12-27, 04:15 PM
Ysska

Ysska looks at the rope like it's a very foreign thing. "What makes you think I know how? Let's just leave him here. He looks out cold. And where would you go, anyway? You're wanted for assault, and I'm the only one who speaks the language here. I'm going to try and make it to the docks and buy passage away from here. If you want to come, come. Good luck doing it by yourself." Ysska climbs the stairs listens to see if there's anyone outside.

[roll0]

Thantos
2007-12-27, 08:30 PM
Victor

Victor walks up the stairs after Ysska. He pauses at the top for a bit to look around the room for something that might be useful.

Spot [roll0]

Enlong
2007-12-27, 10:44 PM
Muntanio

Muntanio heads down the corridor after Ysska. Lowering his voice to a whisper, he speaks to the Waterbender.
"I must apologize, waterbender. You are right. I'm not entirely blameless in this, and perhaps I do deserve a bit of punishment. I was simply... overreacting to the situation that the other people in this... group have gotten me into. And you're also right that I don't speak the local language, so I miss some things. So I'd like you to humor this poor, uneducated dwarf and answer just two questions for me. First: from where exactly did those icy daggers come from, that is, the ones that struck that halfling that fled the bar and ended up lying in a pool of blood? And secondly, what is punished more harshly by the law around here? Assault, or murder? Just asking. It's true that we are in this together for the moment, and I may need your talents before this is over, but you should probably think about what you've done, before you criticize my choices."

@FlyMolo
I'm not blaming you personally, it's just that Munty feels like this situation isn't his fault. From his point of view, it's the airbender who started the fight, and he was just trying to scare the halflings out of his way so he could get out of there. He really wanted nothing to do with all of this. And he's also mad at the town's police for blaming him. He mentioned parting ways because he just wants to cut town, shave his beard, ditch his armor and get home as soon as possible. I personally don't think we're going to part ways, it's just what Munty wants to do. Just in case you thought I was mad at you. It's just that Munty's mad at everyone right now. Especially Ysska (for sniping at him), and the airbender (for causing all this)

FlyMolo
2007-12-28, 04:16 PM
Ysska

Ysska turns to the elf to tap him on the shoulder, but end up tapping him in the side. "Hey. Do me a favor, and put the guards in a cell, in case someone looks in." Turning to Munty, he whispers "It's a waterbender thing. Look." Ysska produces a dagger for his inspection. "I know I killed him, alright? I didn't meant to. He was just a guard, doing his job. He didn't deserve to die. That crook in the bar didn't die, alright? I stopped the bleeding. He deserved to, though. Now let's get out of here. I don't want to have killed him for nothing."

El Tea, how linked to Avatar is this campaign? Will there be wizards? How about undead? Traps? Elementals?

Thantos
2007-12-30, 09:29 PM
Victor

Nods towards Ysska. He picks up the first gaurd and drags the dead one into the jail cell and then he closes the door, and locks it. He walks back up stairs and says to Ysska, "We need to leave soon. Don't know when they change the guard here. But I could be anytime now."

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-30, 10:56 PM
Good to see the fight went smoothly, while I was gone. I should be on every night from now on so we should move at a decent pace, so without further ado:

It seems that the guards feel silently enough that no alarm was raised (as far as the former prisoners know). After listening quietly at the door, only a soft snoring can be heard. Looking out, the group can see the small room is occupied by a lone guard dozing behind a desk facing the door to the outside. Besides the door out, there are two more downs, one to the left and the other to the right, 10ft from the front of the room.

The room is 20ft wide and 40ft long. There are a few desks in the room but thats about it.

FlyMolo
2007-12-31, 11:02 AM
Ysska

Ysska pokes his head out from behind the door, and sees the sleeping guard. H whispers to Munty "Hey, if we can find some keys, we could start a jailbreak. That ought to give us a distraction and time to get away. As things are, we could bluff our way out."

[roll0](looking for keys) If Ysska doesn't see any keys, he sneaks over to the door that leads out, listens at it, and if he doesn't hear anything, opens it and steps out.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lord Tataraus
2007-12-31, 11:05 PM
Ysska does not see any keys so he creeps over to the opposite door and listens. He can here the bustle of the street outside.

Copacetic
2007-12-31, 11:12 PM
Sharn

Sharn motions at Ysska to come back before searching for the keys......

[roll0] Also, EL Tea is back! Yay!

Lord Tataraus
2008-01-01, 10:32 PM
Sharn gazes around the room but fails to spot any keys.

If you want to search through everything you need a search check.

FlyMolo
2008-01-02, 02:49 PM
Ysska

Ysska waves everyone over to the door, gesturing to Sharn to forget the keys. Taking a moment to conceal his wound beneath a flap of clothing, he opens the door and steps out onto the street, looking around for the docks.

[roll0]

Lord Tataraus
2008-01-02, 11:25 PM
Ysska slips out of the building and orients himself. He stands near the center of the city, just below the Manor itself and the airdocks cast their shadows upon him. Ysska is could exit the city either by the water docks or the the highway, both of which are approximately the same distance away. Alternately, he could attempt to gain passage on an airship (the guards won't get the notices soon enough) since the airdocks are so close.

FlyMolo
2008-01-03, 11:51 PM
Ysska

Ysska sets off for the airdocks at a brisk walk, trying his best to look nonchalant. At the end of the street, he pauses and debates whether or not to wait for the others. {Well, I did kind of get them into this. But they can take care of themselves, right? Ah, who am I kidding? None of them even bothered to pick up more than a few words of the local language!} His mind made up, Ysska turns and waits his fellow outlaws. As he waits, his mind turns over. {Mmm, cover story, cover story. Why would a halfling waterbender be traveling with such a diverse group? I'm a slaver... no. I'm a tour guide, and they're all rich people from foreign lands trying to experience local culture? That could work. Tour guide it is!} Ysska taps his foot, waiting for his "tourists" to catch up.

Thantos
2008-01-04, 12:42 AM
Victor

Victor quickly follows Ysska. He stops next to Ysska and he starts to look around. He notices that the airdocks are near and and motions to get Ysska's attention. He says quitely, "Is that our next stop?"

Copacetic
2008-01-04, 01:29 PM
Sharn

Sharn will shrug, then follow Ysska into the streets.

FlyMolo
2008-01-09, 05:10 PM
Anyone seen Enlong? It's been almost a week. I wonder if he's still on vacation...

Enlong
2008-01-09, 09:10 PM
Muntanio

Mun trudges along after the group, taking a moment to lower his helmet's visor to better obscure his face, and to stuff his warhammer behind his back

sorry

Lord Tataraus
2008-01-09, 11:28 PM
The party of escapees manages to slip unnoticed through the Manor entrance and walk casually onto the airdocks. The docks are full of activity as many ships prepare to leave. Most of the 20 or so ships are of either Klimshar or Alder origin though a few goblin ships from the Imperial capital and Ebonsea Manor are docked here as well.

If you seek passage on a ship, tell me where you would like to go and on whose ship (Goblin, Klimshar, or Alder). The "where you want to go part" can be a general as "North" or as specific as a certain city. Then make a gather information check.

FlyMolo
2008-01-10, 06:33 PM
Glad to have you back, man.

Ysska

Ysska turns to his new friends and whispers urgently, "Right. We need a way out. Anyone got any preferences vis-a-vis, our destination? Meet you at that fish stall in five minutes." Without waiting for an answer, Yssk slips off into the crowds, looking for an airship going west, preferably somewhere near an ocean or lake.

[roll0]

Edit: Hey, natural 20!

Thantos
2008-01-10, 09:41 PM
Victor

Victor says quitely to the rest of the group, "I don't care where we go so long as there are firebenders there, I am looking for a master."

He goes and starts looking around {I bet that there are firebenders in the Goblin empire. Maybe we should go there. After all I am a citizen.}

Victor looks for a ship going to the goblin empire, anywhere in there. And perferable on a goblin ship.

Gather info: [roll0]

Copacetic
2008-01-10, 10:31 PM
Sharn

Sharn nods at Ysska's statement. "I Don't really care, either way. The winds go every where."

[roll0]

Lord Tataraus
2008-01-10, 10:43 PM
Ysska: After asking around for awhile, the halfling finds a few options. An Alder ship is heading west to Yssar City and the elves only ask for 5 gold per passenger. Two Klimshar ships are heading west as well, one directly to Tran Gath in the goblin Islands and the other to Tran Gath via Yssar City. They ask for 6 and 8 gold per passenger respectively.

Victor: The elf cautiously approaches a few goblin ship captains to inquire about transportation to find that a few will take him, one to Tran Gath for 15 gold per passenger and one to Galgnash for 10 per passenger. (Those are the best deals)

Lord Tataraus
2008-01-10, 10:49 PM
Sharn: The elf wanders around the docks confidently, asking a few captains for passage. The best deals seem to be traveling to Vsy~Ir Keep (4 gold per passenger), Nickel Caves (2 gold per passenger), or Fort Klimshar (3 gold per passenger).

FlyMolo
2008-01-15, 07:01 PM
Ysska

Ysska hangs out at the fish shop, waiting for his companions to finish. When they do, he says"[stuff in post above]", telling them about the locations available. "I'd prefer to go somewhere with water, but fast and cheap is vital. What've you lot got?"

Copacetic
2008-01-17, 10:51 PM
Sharn

Sharn walks over to the fish stand and tells Ysska what he found. "I'd prefer to go to Fort Klmshar, if you don't mind."

Thantos
2008-01-20, 11:13 PM
Victor

Victor walks up to the two gathered by the stand. "Anywhere you guys want to go, 'cause I think we need to leave soon."

Lord Tataraus
2008-01-21, 11:16 PM
As the escapees continue to discuss their plans of travel, the every-so cautious Sharn notices a city guard approach one of the dock guards. The guards greet each other and the city guard seems to convey orders and hands the dock guard a scroll. After reading the scroll quickly he nods to the other guard and summons his men to him. The dock guards begin to fan out into the crowds, moving with a calm and determined step.

FlyMolo
2008-01-22, 05:59 PM
Ysska

Ysska gabbles quickly "Fort Klimshar it is! Come on!" and jogs to the captain offering passage to Fort Klimshar, and buying passage. Then he gets below decks ASAP.

Thantos
2008-01-22, 11:06 PM
Victor

Victor follows him quickly. As he follows him, Victor asks, "Why the sudden conclusion?" He pays the captain and enters the boat.

Copacetic
2008-01-23, 09:50 PM
Sharn

"Glad to see things my way" Shar gives quick grin, before spotting the guards moving through the dock. " Oh Shi-!" He follows the halfling as fast as he can.

Lord Tataraus
2008-01-25, 11:30 PM
Well, I can't wait for Enlong anymore, any one know what's up with him?

The escapees board the Klimshar trading ship as it prepares to leave. Looking back to the docks, you can see guards shouting and pointing at your ship, but the elven vessel is too fast for any attempt at a chase and the cries from the docks are left far behind as the ship sails into the clouds.

The dark-skinned elves show the mismatched group to their quarters, a single room with four hammocks and room for not much else. The sailors mostly ignore the passengers, giving Victor an especially wide berth, though they converse with Sharn in their melodic language.

To Sharn and eavesdropping Klimshar speakers: "Why do you travel with the treelover? Is he trustworthy? Were the little ones chasing him? Maybe we should give him back..."

FlyMolo
2008-01-26, 09:39 PM
Ysska

"Dude! Hammocks!" Ysska rushes over to the nearest hammock and vaults into it with more excitement than skill, and crashes onto the ground on the other side. Lying on his back, feet in the air, he points one finger straight up in the air and exclaims "Dibs on that one!". Sitting up, he says more seriously," Okay, what's next?"

Thantos
2008-01-26, 11:01 PM
Victor

Victor laughs at the antics of his peer. He finds a seat and sits facing the rest of the group. "I don't know. I want to find myself a firebending master but exploring the world sounds just as good to me. It will be nice to see some more of the world. What do you want to do, Ysska? Sharn?

Copacetic
2008-01-27, 03:22 PM
Sharn

Sharn whispers out of the corner of his mouth. " He did break me out of jail, thoughI still don't like him. I'd watch him if I were you. If you know a someone looking for some slave labour in Klimshar, I'd be appy to help sell him off. For a profit." Sharn then lays his Staff on the ground before swinging himself up into a hammock and tests it for springingness. Satisifed with the hammock, he precedes to go to sleep.

FlyMolo
2008-01-29, 10:29 PM
Ysska

Responding to Victors question, Ysska answers. "I'm just out to seek my fortune, have some fun, and learn something useful. I'm not selling squid like my dad. I'm going to do something cool. Waterbending is but a tool. Every kid with the talent takes classes where I come from. At least basic ones."

FlyMolo
2008-01-29, 10:31 PM
Ysska

Responding to Victors question, Ysska answers. "I'm just out to seek my fortune, have some fun, and learn something useful. I'm not selling squid like my dad. I'm going to do something cool. Waterbending is but a tool. Every kid with the talent takes classes where I come from. At least basic ones."

Lord Tataraus
2008-01-29, 11:07 PM
I'm going to move this along since not much is happening, though if you want to continue the conversation, go ahead, we'll come to this part when you guys are ready.

The first day aboard the ship Mirima~Runya passes without incident. The flight is smooth and the escapees are left alone, though invited to have diner with the sailors. Sharn delights in the food, but Ysska and Victor are a bit skeptical and mostly just poke at the rubbery balls of flesh and watch the swirling colors inside. Sharn shows his companions how to eat the bite-sized "rimpanda coron" or flying-color-balls. He picks up a ball and pops it into his mouth, chewing ferociously, making lots of noises. Wisps of color leak out of his mouth as well as from the sailors around him. Sharn explains that they are spices cooked with airbending to enhance the flavor.

Sharn continues to dig in, stuffing many flying-color-balls in his mouth as he can, making a horrible noise like chewing rubber. Yet the sailors seem to be invigorated by Sharns actions and the chef thanks Sharn for the compliment (though he didn't seem to give one).
[hr]
The next morning the passengers are awoken to much rapid yelling and the giving of orders as sailors run excitedly about the deck. Fearing the worst, the passengers timidly step on deck to see the ship swarmed by giant flying frogs with bloated throats and legs. They seem to drift in the wind lazily as the sailors throw ropes around the frogs' legs, tying them to the ship. A sailor stops to explain in elven common: "The heliotoads get big money at city! Many yummy flying-color-balls from them. You want to catch? You keep half you catch, yes?" He offers a few long lengths of rope and hands out a special knife the sailors are using to cut the ropes. "Careful, they strong air! No scare!" The sailor wars them then dashes off, with rope and staff in hand, diving off the edge of the boat, only to fly up on his glider to lasso a particularly large heliotoad.

FlyMolo
2008-01-30, 06:09 PM
Ysska

Ysska, unsure with the unfamiliar implements, nonetheless attempts to catch as many heliotoads as possible. "Cmon guys! I like cash, how about you?" Noting his lack of a glider, he climbs as high as he can and tries to lasso one.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2](-4 for nonproficiency(improvised lasso)?)

Thantos
2008-01-31, 10:21 AM
Victor

Victor steps back out of the way and watches the action for a brief moment. Looking at the sailors he notices his own lack of flight and then he looks up a Ysska. Victor then goes to help Ysska by grabing a rope him self and following Ysska. He tries to lasso a heliotoad.

climb [roll0]
Use rope [roll1]
(i don't remeber if you can use it untrained if not I can't do this)
Attack [roll2] if laso is a melee weapon
[roll3] if laso is a ranged weapon

Lord Tataraus
2008-01-31, 10:27 AM
Though he is certainly not an expert, Ysska manages to rope a small heliotoad around its back leg as the sailors were doing. Excited with his luck, he looks over at Victor who had just cast his lasso, which promptly snagged on part of the rigging, much to the amusement of the sailors.

You've succeeded on your Use Rope checks, just make a few ranged attacks (-4 from non-proficiency), luckily its a touch attack against flat-footed opponents.

Copacetic
2008-02-01, 10:54 AM
Sharn

Sharn runs on deck, confused momentarily by the running. He then spots the Heliotoads. f you were too look into his eyes then, you wouldn't see your reflection. You'd see a huge plate of steaming color-balls. Sharn scrambles up too the highest place he can reach and hurls a Lasseo at the closest Heliotoad.

[roll0] [roll1] I did minus one because my plus three bonus with ranged weapons is cancelled out by the -4 due to non-pofiency, right? EDIT: With rolls like that Sharn missed his callng as a Commoner.

FlyMolo
2008-02-02, 12:13 PM
((Erm, more ranged attack rolls?))

[roll0]
[roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10][roll11][roll12][roll13][roll14][roll15][roll16][roll17]

Edit: I'm not sure how many you wanted, but on the upside, there's enough now. :smallwink:

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-05, 06:52 PM
Wow, its been awhile, sorry about that, I've had a lot of stuff going on. So, let's continue:

The sailors and passengers excitedly throw their lassos, rounding up many heliotoads. However, the heliotoads seems to implode and a great wooshing sound accompanies the heliotoads' mad exhalation, causing them to fly backwards at great speed. The sailors cling to the ropes, but some get away.

The passengers are exhilarated at their catch, though the sailors gained many more. The captain helps them label their prizes and ties them properly to the boat. After a dew days a travel the the great fortress city of Fort Klimshar comes into view. The air is suddenly filled with ships and gliders from great trading ships to personal yachts. While most are Klimshar in design, a few goblin ships can be seen in a secluded area of the docks as well as a number of Alder ships.

The ship pulls into the docks and anchors amongst hundreds of airships. An elf merchant of some wealth hails the sailors in elven (Klimshar) "Wishing to sell the catch? I'll estimate a large one for 50gp and the smaller for 25gp." The sailors begin to instruct the merchant which of the 'toads are theirs and money exchanges hands...

I'm not going to wait for rolls, I'll just give you approximate numbers:
Ysska - 4 (2 big, 2 small)
Sharn - 5 (3 big, 2 small)
Victor - 2 (2 small)

Thantos
2008-02-05, 07:08 PM
Victor

Victor waits for his turn with the merchant and indicates which ones are his to the merchant in Klimshar. He gracesly accepts what he is given and then goes to find the captin to give him his sare of the catch.

FlyMolo
2008-02-05, 08:04 PM
Ysska

"Oh. Hmm. Anyone know what he just said? I guess it's my turn not to know the local language, eh?" Ysska looks around, then turns to his new friends. "So, where to now? I'd like to take in some local color. Party anyone?"

Copacetic
2008-02-05, 08:29 PM
Sharn

Sharn hands over his heliotaods n exchange for his money. Truning to Ysska he says "Oh, he is buying Heliotoads. He says 25 gp for a large one and 10 gp for a small one. If you give me yours for a second I'll sell them off for you. Also, who doesn't speak the language NOW!?"

@El tea
I'm going to PM you the bluff checks.

FlyMolo
2008-02-06, 08:53 PM
Ysska

Ysska looks a little taken aback. "Hey, you managed okay when you couldn't speak the language. Oh, no, wait. You didn't. Ah well, how hard can it be?" Ysska attempts to communicate purely through sign language and pantomime which toads are his.

((what check is this? dexterity check? sleight of hand? Dm fiat check?))

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-06, 09:46 PM
Despite his excessive pantomime, the merchant is confused. Luckily the friendly captain steps in and helps out Ysska, giving him his share and wishing him luck in broken Vys.

Ysska receives 120gp, Sharn receives 160gp and Victor receives 40gp.
(That is after the captain assures he took his cut)

FlyMolo
2008-02-08, 08:26 PM
Ysska

"See? It's just a question of knowing what you're doing." Ysska compliments the captain on his Vys, then walks to the side of the airship to see what he can see, humming in a good mood. Calling back to his friends, "Hey, I've got cash now. Let's see what this town has to offer. Looks kinda dry from up here. though."

oochey El Tea, do you subscribe to those 50gp masterwork tools for any skill that grant a +2 circumstance bonus? Because I'd love to pick up a pair of gloves that grant +2 to waterbending. Also, what edition of the rules are we using? The most recent? The website? The ones we started with?

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-08, 08:55 PM
The party begins to enter the grand city, descending from the highest level being the docks down to an enormous marketplace that takes up the entire upper level. Thankfully elven runes are all the same despite the language used, though the spellings are completely different. However, numbers are the same and thus those who know Elven (common) can decipher that the market level is level 8.

The market level is full of bustling elves, mostly Klimshar though a few Alder can be seen. Nearby there seems to be a Goblin sector where goblin merchants are buying goods and selling their technologies. As the party passes stores and stalls the colors, sounds, and smells cause them great excitement, there are many fire and airbending performers all along the streets as well as gamblers and salesmen. Hawkers cry out to the crowds, hecklers jeer the performers and the swindled curse. The party reaches a stairway to the lower levels where they can see all the way to the ground far below them. In the lower levels the streets are light with muti-colored lamps and a symphony of sounds echo from below.

We are using the website rules for bending, whenever it changes so do the rules here.

@ Flymolo: I won't allow a masterwork tool for bending, but a magical item might be ok, or maybe mystic water from the Leyline of Water.

FlyMolo
2008-02-11, 10:05 AM
Ysska

Ysska is interested, and slightly uncomfortable with all the spectacle. But where's all the water? They can't all be dry all the time... Ysska keeps an eye out for other waterbenders or someplace that's not dry or hot.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-11, 10:14 AM
Ysska searches for water in vain, not even trickle can be found. Except for light wines, there seems to be no water nearby.

Thantos
2008-02-12, 06:01 PM
Victor

Victor starts to wander, looking here and there. Remebering his lute, he began to look for more musicans, or intrusment sellers in the hope of leaning a new song.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

FlyMolo
2008-02-15, 06:32 PM
Ysska

Ysska looks for lodging. "So, where're we going to sleep? Before that, of course, we have to have some fun. Time to find a bar. And Sharn, no card games. Remember what happened last time?"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-15, 06:44 PM
Victor doesn't have to look far to find musicians, though most are playing a variety of wind instruments, there are a few lute players preforming in taverns and on the street.

Meanwhile, Ysska begins to search for a bar with Sharn. They enter the Flaming Sand and are greeted with an uproar of music and chatter. Though some of the elves are quite rowdy, you were assured that this place has the best wine in town and is one of the few that serve ale and hard liqueur. The tavern is packed mostly with dark-skinned elves, though a small group of goblins are huddled around a table near the door. You find the source of the music to be at a stage near the bar where an elven band plays on flutes and horns as you push your way to the back. A kind waitress suggests that their would be more room on one of the upper levels, looking up, you can see 5 more stories of balcony towering above you, though held solidly in place by what looks like part of the supports for the entire market level of the city.

Copacetic
2008-02-16, 07:08 PM
Sharn

Sharn nods before asking " How much for a room and a meal?"

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-16, 07:38 PM
10gp for one night, dinner included beverages cost extra.

Copacetic
2008-02-16, 08:03 PM
Sharn

Sharn pays for a room and goes to it and unpacks all his stuff before heading to the bar and getting some food.

Thantos
2008-02-17, 12:01 PM
Victor

Victor stays and listens for a bit, trying to determine his opinion of their music. He looks around and realizes that his friends are not to be seen. He leaves a gold coin in the musicains cup (or hat or what ever seems like a good place to leave for the musician). Victor then goes to look for Ysska and Sharn.

Spot [roll0]

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-17, 01:07 PM
Victor strolls the streets looking for his friends, it should be quite easy to spot a blue-grabbed halfling amongst all the reds, yellows, and oranges. After a little while, Victor spots blue entering a tavern...

Thantos
2008-02-20, 09:59 AM
Victor

Victor walks up to the tavern in which he saw the blue thing enter. He pauses for a moment at the entrance to fix the strap on his lute and then he enters. He looks quickly arround the room looking for his friends.

Spot [roll0]

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-20, 10:18 AM
Victor enters the grimy tavern and a wave of silence washes over him as the door closes behind. The room is dark, and stifling, many are hidden in the shadows, visible only by their bright grab. As Victor cautiously walks into the center of the room he can feel many eyes watching his every step. Glancing about the room, Victor can't see his friends anywhere. Uneasy with his surroundings, he begins to turn as two dark-skinned elves grab his arms and roughly pull him to a back room in the tavern scolding in accented elven common: "What are you doing? The others are already in the meeting, don't hang around it'll be suspicious."

The elves thrust a hood over Victor's head, shadowing his face and thrust him into the room. The room is small and little only by a small number of candles in the center of the round table that takes up most of the room. Seated on the opposite side of the table is a small group of blue-grabbed and hooded figures, while those in red are seated by the door. One of the blue-grabbed figures addresses Victor in common: "Dragol? That you? Come and sit, our friends have just begun to explain their plans."

FlyMolo
2008-02-20, 06:39 PM
Ysska

Ysska turns to Sharn and says "You know, I like a bar as much as the next guy, but maybe we should go see what happened to the firebender? He seems like a bars and music kind of guy. Where'd he go, anyways?"

Thantos
2008-02-25, 11:50 PM
Victor

Victor quickly glances around the room, and then takes a sit next to those who are similarly dressed as him. He keeps his head down. His foot taps slowly on the floor, in a fairly sporadic manner aluding towards Victor's nevousness.

Hey sorry for the long wait my internet died for a week or so and I just now fixed it

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-26, 09:42 AM
It doesn't take long for Victor to realize that these men are revolutionaries; terrorists even. The red-cloaked elves speak with the now-familiar klimshar accent, telling of their dealings with goblin revolutionaries in Delsot Island. The mention that the plans are running smoothly and the next step must be taken before the elven council meets again. They continue to explain how the blue-cloaked elves are to sabotage the shipyards of Northern Scen followed by their plans for attacking the various villages and shipyards with stolen goblin warships courtesy of the Delsot Revolutionaries and the assassinations of the pro-goblin Klimshar council representatives as well as the Yssar High Chancellor. The red-cloaked elves ensure that this will bring the forces of the world into war and they, no we, will profit from a war-driven economy. Flame & Wind Industries will become the wealthiest airship company in the world! With the Scen shipyards destroyed, only the Flame & Wind Industries we still be able to produce the goblin's warships and with the Klimshar fleet sabotaged as it is, their fleet will need replacing as well. The plan is flawless!

Thantos
2008-02-27, 06:47 PM
Victor

Victor's tapping slowly increases as he listens to this maniacs visions. {Crap these guys are crazy. Where is there loyality. I hope they don't find out about me. I got to tell the others.} Noticing that his tapping might be heard he takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself.

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-27, 10:34 PM
After a discussing a number of details they groups express their good luck and begin to depart. The blue-clocked elves depart as one, herding Victor with them. "Dragol, how about a wine before we go, huh? It'll be good to throw back the ol' hood." One elf address Victor while walking towards the bar...

Thantos
2008-02-29, 06:48 PM
Victor

Victor shakes his head no towards the guy who asked him, and then he mumbles quickly in common elvish, "Got to go do somthing."

He then walks out of the taven and quickly glances about for his comrades.

Bluff [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-29, 06:57 PM
Upon exiting the tavern Victor immediately spots his friends looking for him. From the doorway he hears the same elf call out to him with a worried tone, "Dragol? Are you ok? Put down your hood and let's have a wine."

Copacetic
2008-03-01, 09:33 AM
Because of Faulty internet connections, you may have not seen hide nor hair of my for the last week. It's getting fixed, So I give god-modding rights of my character to Flymolo and have fun!

FlyMolo
2008-03-05, 08:34 PM
Don't tell me Thantos is gone AWOL too. That leaves... just me. eep.

Ysska

Ysska calls out to his friend Victor "Hey Victor, there you are! We've been looking for you all over? What happened, you got lost? Nice hood, is it new?"

Thantos
2008-03-13, 07:31 PM
sorry for my long absence. School has been hectic for the last few weeks. It should get better soon

Victor

Victor runs towards his friend and rips the hood off as he aprroches Ysska. As he passes Ysska he grabs him and starts to drag Ysska with him. He quickly blurts, "I will explain latter."
Victor starts to look for a good place to blend in.

FlyMolo
2008-03-15, 12:58 PM
Ysska

Ysska is almost pulled off his feet by his friend, but recovers in time to jog after his friend, pulling Sharn along behind him. "Oooh, I see. Get into trouble, did we? Ah well, nothing like a spot of bother to reinvigorate the mind."

Lord Tataraus
2008-03-16, 11:01 PM
Hearing the shouts of anger of the Scen elves behind, Victor looks desperately for escape. He dashes down the street, taking random turns until he spies a large tavern with many strange people, Dwarves, halflings, goblins as well as many elves. The tavern looks crowded and seems multi-storied, it advertises cheap rooms in many languages.