PDA

View Full Version : weird rituals/ codes of honor

flaminghalfling
2007-12-08, 11:18 PM
k anyways I'm designing an NPC paladin that kills evil things and reanimates the bodies as a way of redeeming their souls for his god. I want this guy to have a pretty off-the-wall code of honor and a few eccentric rituals to go along, so I thought I'd see if anyone had some good ones to share.

TheLogman
2007-12-08, 11:32 PM
These are a good start, (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/featsform.pl) with the added bonus of providing bonuses. The good ones are the ones at the bottom, the Vows.

As for rituals, short prayers after events, exclamations in Celestial, and maybe a daily washing ritual could work. Depends on the flavor. If you are going to Purity, a Washing ritual and Vow of Purity could work.

BisectedBrioche
2007-12-09, 12:11 AM
Code of honor;

An incredibably complicated method of deciding what qualifies as evil, perhaps carrying a large book/notepad/etc of criteria
The idea that life is sacred, but undeath has nothing to do with life...
....except in redeeming it

Odd rituals/habits

Repeating the same 5 minute long chant everytime certain criteria are met (seeing/hearing something, etc)
Shouting the name of first thing they see after waking up in Celestial
Speaking only in metaphors or riddles to evil beings, thus representing the "confused" state they are in.