PDA

View Full Version : Shades and Steal Summoning - Casting Time Immediate or Standard Action?

Fuzzy Math
2023-09-22, 10:46 PM
The title contains the specific spell interaction I'm curious about, but also curious about other spells available through Shades. The shadow conjuration line seems to explicitly shorten casting times longer than a standard action, but how does it work with spells that have a casting time shorter than a standard action?

Darg
2023-09-23, 12:14 AM
The title contains the specific spell interaction I'm curious about, but also curious about other spells available through Shades. The shadow conjuration line seems to explicitly shorten casting times longer than a standard action, but how does it work with spells that have a casting time shorter than a standard action?

The obvious thing: increases cast times.

The dysfunction of steal summoning being a summon subschool spell despite not actually summoning something and shadow conjuration not accounting for a unique spell that skirts around the rules given to disbelieve the spell that makes it impossible to disbelieve by RAW heavily implies they shouldn't be used together anyways.

Chronos
2023-09-23, 07:31 AM
Where is Steal Summoning from? I'd like to read over the exact wording.

Biggus
2023-09-23, 09:29 AM
Where is Steal Summoning from? I'd like to read over the exact wording.

Complete Mage p.118