PDA

View Full Version : Ravenloft spells

tepes
2023-09-23, 02:43 PM
Hello all, this post has two real purposes.

1. a request for a list of all the Ravenloft books that actually have new spells in them as there somewhat odd formatting has made searching PDF's manually a bit more time consuming than liked.

2. the other is an inquiry on a specific spell that I seen to recall having read in one of the Ravenloft books but cannot for the life of me find. it was a a spell that allowed you to observe a large area through the eyes of a flock of birds (specifically a murder of crows I believe) that you mind controlled for the duration of the spell

any help is much appreciated, thanks :smalltongue:

Tzardok
2023-09-23, 03:15 PM
The following books include new spells, as far as I'm aware of:

Ravenloft Player's Guide
Ravenloft Gazetteer 1
Ravenloft Gazetteer 2
Ravenloft Gazetteer 3
Van Richten's Arsenal
Van Richten's Guide to the Walking Dead
Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends
Legacy of the Blood
Van Richten's Guide to the Shadow Fey

Other books may include spells in sidebars that I didn't find, but I'm pretty sure that were all of them.

The closest spell I was able to find is "Dark Sentinels" from Van Richten's Arsenal. The spell bespells a flock of darkly colored birds to seek out the nearest undead and grants you awareness of it's position. If you succeed in finding the undead and slaying it, the flock will search out another monster, this time a hag, and if you slay that one, it finally seeks out the nearest fiend or celestial.

eBarbarossa
2023-09-28, 09:55 AM
Dragon Magazine 348 has some unique spells from Strahd's own spellbook.

Miss Disaster
2023-09-30, 10:00 PM
Dark Sentinels is a very cool spell! Although I would certainly do a homebrew revision on it a bit ... to clarify & clean-up some of its game mechanics. Possibly give it a new level as well.