PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Charge, Readied Actions, and SoM Boxing

DrMartin
2023-09-25, 03:37 PM
this thought has been sparked by a recent question in the Pathfinder RAW Q&A Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25854988&postcount=1069)

Having the charge while mounted being a "common action" between rider and mount is a mess, mechanically.

The rules of the game would offer a simpler way to handle this "shared action" by saying that the mount moves, or run, or charges, or whatever, and that the rider can ready an action to attack an opponent whenever the mount moves in such a way that the target is in range.

Add a fringe condition to specify when the attack counts as a "charge" for triggering damage multiplier and bam, done.

That got me thinking a bit more though. About punching people from horseback while readying an action using Spheres of Might Boxing sphere.

The Triggers allowed by the Boxing sphere donīt allow for a "whenever an opponent enters my threat range", sadly. But I am sure that through the might of the collective playground hivemind we can find a way to make this cheesy, powerful, and/or entertaining.