PDA

View Full Version : What's the LA?

Metal Head
2007-12-09, 09:36 AM
Does anyone know what the LA of a death slaad is? I'm planning on using one with class levels as a villain in a campaign. It's important so that I know how much equipment it can get.

Fenix_of_Doom
2007-12-09, 09:58 AM
Well they have none, as in you can't play them as player character, if you do want to play one as player character you could deicide how much their abilities are worth. However as they already have 15 HD and grey slaad have an LA of +6 it is unlikely to be playable pre epic.
An other option would be savage species, it is unlikely to have a death slaad entry, bu it could be in there.

DraPrime
2007-12-09, 10:03 AM
I'd go with checking savage species. I don't have it, but it might be there. And as TPAM said, you're probably getting an epic ECL. And I'm pretty damn sure that there's a guide to calculating LA somewhere. *goes of in search of LA calculation guide*

Closet_Skeleton
2007-12-09, 10:08 AM
LA are for players only. Your villain probably doesn't need equipment if he has the Slaad's abilities. Just give him what it takes to make him as powerful as he needs to be. If he's a BBEG he's probably more wealthy than a typical character anyway.

Bellmaethorion
2007-12-09, 10:19 AM
As far as I can see, there's only one type of Slaad in Savage Species, the Slaad Brooder.
I could be overlooking it though.

2007-12-09, 10:58 AM
People follow LA for villains?

I just give them levels and whatever equipment I want.

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-09, 11:27 AM
Uh.. usually you just go by CR and then add +1 CR per class level. Generally.

Rad
2007-12-09, 11:57 AM
People follow LA for villains?

I just give them levels and whatever equipment I want.
Me too. Balance is something that only regards PCs. Use your common sense to make a good challenge: DMing is not an optimization challenge.

DraPrime
2007-12-09, 02:29 PM
Uh.. usually you just go by CR and then add +1 CR per class level. Generally.

This is about gold, not CR.

Ulzgoroth
2007-12-09, 02:36 PM
And that is pretty firmly resolved as being NPC WBL for it's NPC class levels (not it's ECL!), plus anything from it's description. I think? Can't go MM-mining just now.