PDA

View Full Version : Wand Ability

cartejos
2023-09-27, 08:02 PM
I thought I remembered seeing somewhere an ability/feat/etc that would let you use your own caster level in place of a wands usual caster level; either my google-fu is lackluster, or I'm not remembering correctly.

Any sources for an ability like this?

Harrow
2023-09-27, 08:11 PM
There's the Enduring Potency option of the Residual Magic feat. This let's you treat a wand or scroll as coming from your own spell slots for caster level, save DC, and "any other effect of the spell". There's a catch, however. It only works in the round after casting the same spell from your own spell slots.

cartejos
2023-09-27, 08:22 PM
Thank you! I knew there was a catch, but I couldn't find the source of the ability for the life of me

Prime32
2023-09-28, 06:24 PM
There's a few abilities which do this in Pathfinder IIRC

Feantar
2023-09-28, 09:20 PM
There's Staff-like Wand (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-discoveries/arcane-discoveries-paizo/staff-like-wand/) which does exactly what you want without drawbacks, but you have to be a wizard or an arcanist to take it.

Telonius
2023-09-29, 12:56 PM
An Artificer with Metamagic Spell Trigger could use Heighten Spell to do this. The drawback is that it uses more charges of the wand.

glass
2023-09-29, 01:55 PM
An Artificer with Metamagic Spell Trigger could use Heighten Spell to do this. The drawback is that it uses more charges of the wand.That would increase the effective spell level (which would indirectly help save DCs albeit in a slightly different way from using your stat). But I don't understand how it helps with caster level?

Skysaber
2023-10-14, 11:46 PM
In the Encyclopedia Arcane on Magic Item Creation, on page 41 they have the Increased Effectiveness feat, which says in part "The saving throw DCs and ability to pierce spell resistance of any magic items you wield are calculated as though you were casting the spell, including caster level and all appropriate modifiers."