PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Spider man enemies

Emperor Demonking
2007-12-09, 12:40 PM
I prefer Shocker (because of his attitude) and Electro (Because of his powers.) You?

Premsyl
2007-12-09, 12:48 PM
Hobgoblin. Less obsessive than Green Goblin with all the same flair. Also Carnage is just awesome.

Stam
2007-12-09, 01:44 PM
Gotta go with a not-quite-homicidal version of Venom, personally. I like the black critter, just not when he's eating innocent peoples' brains.

sun_tzu
2007-12-09, 01:49 PM
Doctor Octopus. I have a thing for mad scientists.

Klaz Eidron
2007-12-09, 02:27 PM
Roger Stern's Hobgoblin, those first hobgoblin stories were great.

W Herzog Zwei
2007-12-09, 02:46 PM
The classic version (not Macendale or the demon version or anything like that) Hobgoblin takes the number one spot easily. It's a refined version of the Green Goblin gimmick, with a better colorscheme and a hooded cloak. And the fact that he's an actual criminal mastermind instead of an insane loon (like too many Spidey villains) is a bonus. Also the fact that he's still around in the future of Spider-Man, harassing his daughter.

Kraven is kinda the only one I can rank in the same category. But even he was a joke before going out in style in the finest Spidey story ever told. That exit from stage not only redeemed the character, it made him a main-eventer.

Dalenthas
2007-12-09, 03:09 PM
I'm partial to Rhino. Something about a big bruiser just makes them more entertaining villains... just something for the hero to beat up on while other stuff is happening.

2007-12-09, 08:41 PM
Paste-Pot Pete (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paste_Pot_Pete)

Mr. Mud
2007-12-09, 08:44 PM
Sandman, simply because lets not lie, that would be awesome to be him. :smallredface:

Closet_Skeleton
2007-12-10, 07:57 AM
Hobgoblin and the Lizard are probably my favourite villains, but mainly from the version of the cartoon I watched.

DarkEternal
2007-12-11, 11:02 AM
Kraven and Norman Osborn probably, though Spidey really has a rich collection of good villains.

Green Bean
2007-12-11, 11:38 AM
Shocker, mainly because of this one (admittedly quite good) fanfic in which he starred. He's like a villainous Peter Parker without superpowers.

Kaelaroth
2007-12-11, 12:23 PM
I always liked the Symbiotes. Tacky and stupid some of them may be, but I still think they're all cool and interesting. I think Ultimate Electro is incredibly awesome too.

Finn Solomon
2007-12-11, 01:18 PM
Doc Ock. The movie made him more awesome, by actually presenting him as someone sympathetic who I could feel for.

Nightwing
2007-12-12, 07:12 AM
Paste-Pot Pete (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paste_Pot_Pete)
I LOVE HIM!

I like doc ock, mainly because of the time he did the this: He was threating the mayor with massive murder on the phone, drinking Coffey, and mixing a poison at the same time. The the punisher comes out behind him and throws a knife, but doc Ock, without looking behind him or stopping anything he is doing,grabs the knife with tentacle and splashes the poison in his face. He took down the PUNISHER without spilling his coffee.

Logic
2007-12-14, 01:17 AM
Scorpian and Vulture are rather interesting ones that have not been mentioned yet.

I am also slightly partial to Morlun.

jojobulu
2007-12-14, 02:43 AM
Norman Osborn, The Vulture, and The Kingpin.

Nibleswick
2007-12-23, 01:42 AM
My favorite has always been the Lizard, but the Green Goblin has a special place in my heart as well.

Yami
2007-12-23, 02:18 AM
I gotta go with the hobgoblin for the same reasons mentioned above.

Xyk
2007-12-24, 02:44 PM
jojobulu: kingpin was a batman villain i believe.

My favorite is gonna have to be the vulture just because he's so lame. Tho the rocket skateboard kid whose name i forget is way weaker.

kpenguin
2007-12-24, 04:13 PM

Nope. Kingpin is a prominent enemy to both Spider-Man and Daredevil.

I think Doc Ock.

jojobulu
2007-12-24, 05:23 PM

My favorite is gonna have to be the vulture just because he's so lame. Tho the rocket skateboard kid whose name i forget is way weaker.

Batman is a DC comic character. Kingpin is a marvel character who, is as kpenguin wrote "a prominent enemy to both Spider-Man and Daredevil."

sealemon
2007-12-26, 03:04 PM
Doc Ock. No contest. Owned Spidey when they first fought, and has been a badass ever since.

I'd like GG more if he wasn't basically Joker with higher tech.

Also, major agreement on Hobgoblin. Cooler look and character than GG.

duckie
2007-12-26, 04:51 PM
I'll go for Mysterio. Yes, he's pathetic and sad, but I always go for the underdog. I mean, he's even worse than vulture.
I particularly enjoyed his suicide in a Daredevil saga.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-12-26, 04:57 PM
The Shocker, for being pathetic and awesome at the same time.

Doctor Octopus, because those tentacles are some of the coolest gadgets in the history of time. I especially liked his movie portrayal, even if it wasn't the best-written plot/characterization ever. Actually, among superhero movies, it probably was. Either way, the design and acting was spot-on.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-12-27, 06:34 PM
Actually, given what I just heard about the most recent Spider-Man comic, I have discovered Spider-Man's truly most powerful and spiteful enemy.

Joe Quesada. That man's more obsessed with screwing with Pete than any lunatic supervillain ever penned.

Mr. Scaly
2008-01-05, 12:03 AM
J Jonah Jameson!

...Okay, he's not a 'villain' per se, but he sure makes Spiderman's life more difficult. :smallwink: