PDA

View Full Version : Cloistered Cleric, Indentify Spell and Magic Domain Domain SLot Question

incog64
2023-10-01, 09:23 PM
Hive Mind I have a question.

Identify is a level spell for a cloistered cleric. The magic domain has it as a level 2 spell.

Can a CLoistered cleric with the magic domain use identify in the level 1 spell domain slot? If so, can you please provide logic behind your postion?

Thanks in advance.

Crake
2023-10-01, 09:34 PM
No. You can only cast domain spells from your domain slots, and as a domain spell, identify is 2nd level.

Also, considering how conflicting the opinions are on here, i wouldnt call it a hive mind in the slightest

JNAProductions
2023-10-01, 09:35 PM

Identify is a level spell for a cloistered cleric. The magic domain has it as a level 2 spell.

Can a CLoistered cleric with the magic domain use identify in the level 1 spell domain slot? If so, can you please provide logic behind your postion?

Thanks in advance.

I'd say no. The Cloistered Cleric gets it as a normal spell at 1st level. For the Magic Domain, it's 2nd level-so if you want it in a domain slot, gotta be at least 2nd.

Remuko
2023-10-02, 05:45 AM

Thanks in advance.

if CC gets it as a level 1 spell, and has the magic domain, they can cast it as a level 1 spell with their normal slots or as a level 2 spell with their domain slot(s). seems straightforward enough.

incog64
2023-10-02, 06:16 AM
Thanksssssssssssssss

Beni-Kujaku
2023-10-02, 08:53 AM
No. You can only cast domain spells from your domain slots, and as a domain spell, identify is 2nd level.

Also, considering how conflicting the opinions are on here, i wouldnt call it a hive mind in the slightest

Oh, we wouldn't be much of a hive mind if we were equivalent to a single brain with a single thought. Together we think, and should we be confused, the hive mind would be unsure. But, where the hive hesitates, and stumbles between two paths, a single brain would maybe choose the wrong one, out of the necessity of the short-sighted. Slow and steady does not win any race, but the path to knowledge is an obscure one, and one you tread carefully. We explore knowledge like single-minders search their kitchen for ingredients. Together, we know everything, and through combining all ideas may something resembling the truth emerge.