PDA

View Full Version : What to expect after the next book?

g314
2023-10-06, 01:55 PM
It just struck me, what will happen after the next (last?) book?
Will life be fun? Will there be more OOTS books? More stuff like Haleo

I cant imagine how empty it will be not having more fun stuff to look forward to.

Will there be support groups for those in emotional distress?

Jasdoif
2023-10-06, 02:01 PM
It just struck me, what will happen after the next (last?) book?
Will life be fun? Will there be more OOTS books? More stuff like Haleo

I cant imagine how empty it will be not having more fun stuff to look forward to.

Will there be support groups for those in emotional distress?As you can imagine, this is a common question (#10) (https://www.patreon.com/posts/answer-post-2020-34406298):

I 100% fully expect to continue writing after OOTS is finished, if for no other reason than I expect food to continue to cost money. This is my job now, and I’m not so old as to be ready to retire in a few years. What form that writing takes is still uncertain. I definitely have a file folder full of ideas that I’ve had, some of which have test art (or prose) attached to them. But more often, I just have a concept written out with no clue yet whether I would develop it as a comic strip or a comic book or a novel or something else entirely. I will probably have to nail something down before OOTS is over so that I can at least tell you all, “Hey, this is my new thing,” when it ends, so don’t worry that you’re not going to hear about it.

Errorname
2023-10-08, 08:13 PM
I do remember seeing a statement that Rich has one more prequel story, but yeah, someday this comic's gonna end and Rich'll probably move onto other things.

Blue Dragon
2023-10-17, 08:57 AM
The only thing I expect is that the finished comic stays online instead of being taken down as has happened before with other webcomics. Looking at you, Freak Angels!!

ZhonLord
2023-10-17, 09:33 AM
The only thing I expect is that the finished comic stays online instead of being taken down as has happened before with other webcomics. Looking at you, Freak Angels!!

Or Minus, which isn't even accessible via archive.org any more....