PDA

View Full Version : Loving Hell's Rebels + Character Build

Talya
2023-10-07, 05:17 AM
We're in part two "Turn of the Torrent" right now. Slightly larger party than usual, Level 5. We've thus far recruited Octavio Sabinus, rescued armigers, rescued the "Poison Pen," and killed the Temple Hill Slasher.

The other players are:
A Milani-worshipping Aasimar Swashbuckler. (Musetouched, of course)
An Elf cleric of Calistria using the Hidden Priest archetype.
A summoner (unchained)
A Tiefling rogue (who multiclassed into Magus a bit)

Then we get to my character:

Pitborn Tiefling Urban Primalist Bloodrager. Claw or Maw alternate racial feature. (Picked Maw.) Abyssal bloodline. She also has the vestigial wings trait racial trait, which manifests in that she casts a visible succubus-like shadow, and her shadow will even move and flutter its wings, even though she doesn't have any - yet.

There are a couple minor DM concessions/rulings he's given me to make my character concept a bit more vibrant. The first is her level 1 feat, a reworked "Fiendish Heritage" (even though this is no longer required by the rules for tiefling feats.) He made it do two things:
(1) it allowed me to pick two additional racial traits from the entire tiefling list (I grabbed DR 2/cold iron, and the Scent ability).
(2) He made it a requirement for Fiendish Wings, which is just a thematic rework of the Aasimar feat.

Additional (sensible) houserules: The Fiendish Sorcery racial ability applies to Bloodrager casting (as it's a hybrid of barbarian and sorcerer.) And this is more of a ruling than a houserule, as I can see how he viewed it that way: As the Urban Bloodrager removes the AC penalty while raging, it also removes the additional AC penalty for abyssal bloodrage.

With that in mind, here's my build at 5:

STR 18 / DEX 14 / CON 14 / INT 10 / WIS 10 / CHA 16

Traits: Ex-Asmodean, Extremely Fashionable (Party face)

Feats:

(1) Fiendish Heritage
(Campaign bonus feat): Persuasive
(3) Multi-attack
(Bloodrager Bonus) - Eschew Materials
(5) Arcane Strike

Spells: Chill Touch, Shield, Protection from Evil

Current Full Attack while raging (reach 10')
EITHER: 2 claws +11 (1d8+9 magic), bite +11 (1d8+9 magic)
OR: +1 Heavy Mace +12 (2d6+10), claw secondary +9 (1d8+5), bite secondary (1d8+5)

Future plans:

6 - bloodline bonus feat: Power Attack
7 - Cornugon Smash, and a nice bard spell from Urban Bloodrager
8 - Primalist - trading bloodline resistances (which overlap my tiefling fiendish resistance anyway) for 2 rage powers: Lesser Fiend Totem (primary gore attack for 1d8, or 2d6 while using demonic bulk) and probably Superstitious to shore up my anemic saves (I've already been roleplaying her as vaguely superstitious already, easily spooked) .
9 - Fiendish Wings, bonus bloodline feat: Intimidating Prowess

She's developed a relationship with Zachrin Vast, the high priest of Shelyn on temple hill, she's good buddies with the Faerie Dragon Vendelfek. (I think the Swashbuckler is taking Leadership at 7 and using Vendelfek as his Cohort).

Any suggestions or thoughts?