PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Styles

Omega
2007-12-09, 08:44 PM
Lately I have been in a style complex. Basically I can't figure out what base I should use for the body of my avatars. I'm trying to find one that works for me, but first I need advice. :smallsigh:

I have narrowed it down to this:

1) http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/ustaaz/lotsotemplatesguy.png - Forestfire's base form.

2) http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/jasonphantom/Warrior2.png - Omicroncubed's base form.

or

3) http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd224/JasonDoomsblade/ChristmasAvatar.png - JasonDoomsblade's base form(which no offense to others I like and is easy looking). :smallsmile:

So which one do you guys think I should use. :smallconfused:

JasonDoomsblade
2007-12-09, 08:49 PM
For the record, I use 2 different styles of stick figures.
First is my avatar and sigatar style.
And second is the Adventures of Popcorn Man style.

Omega
2007-12-09, 08:51 PM
For the record, I use 2 different styles of stick figures.
First is my avatar and sigatar style.
And second is the Adventures of Popcorn Man style.

Oh... well I like the first one then... :smallbiggrin:

... but that still doesn't solve my problem. :smallfrown:

JasonDoomsblade
2007-12-09, 08:54 PM
Oh... well I like the first one then... :smallbiggrin:

... but that still doesn't solve my problem. :smallfrown:

Am I too self centered to suggest my style? My first style makes characters look like they wear pants. That's a good thought.

Omega
2007-12-09, 08:59 PM
Am I too self centered to suggest my style? My first style makes characters look like they wear pants. That's a good thought.

No, I'm saying that the comment(although for it was for the record) didn't help my situation.

Sneak
2007-12-09, 09:07 PM
Why is the only option taking a style from someone else?

Make your own style! Just draw / adapt the Giant's style to your own personal preferences. Of course, you can use someone else's style if you want to. You just don't have to. Just do whatever feels natural.

Pirate Phane
2007-12-09, 09:10 PM
Well, here's a suggestion from me -
Use any kind of software with layer details, and draw in, very faintly, on the most bottom layer, the Giant's base. (Rectangle + limbs. I still keep the default head style.) Then all I do is pile on details.

Omega
2007-12-09, 09:17 PM
Why is the only option taking a style from someone else?

Make your own style! Just draw / adapt the Giant's style to your own personal preferences. Of course, you can use someone else's style if you want to. You just don't have to. Just do whatever feels natural.

*thinks*

... that works... and I could just find a way to mix all three... thanks, Sneak, Pirate Phane and JasonDoomsblade(I think :smallwink: )! :smallbiggrin:

Omega
2007-12-10, 05:23 AM
Use any kind of software with layer details, and draw in, very faintly, on the most bottom layer, the Giant's base.

(didn't mean to double post)

What do you mean by that? :smallconfused:

Sneak
2007-12-10, 06:18 PM
I can't speak for him, but I believe he means that you should just draw the body, arms + legs etc. first, and then just draw whatever you want to draw over top of that.

Omega
2007-12-10, 06:20 PM
Cool, alright, thanks!:smallbiggrin: