PDA

View Full Version : Help with Drow Wizards [CotSQ spoiler]

Gorthawar
2023-10-09, 06:46 AM
Hi,

My party is likely to enter the inverted tower in Szith Morcane next session and I've been stuck for a while to rebuild the Archmage and his three students. I could really use help with classes/feats/spellselection/items to make them differ from each other. I'm also interested in your view on the drows likely behavior once the alarm is raised.

My party consists of a wizard, a daring outlaw (rogue/swashbuckler), a ranged swift hunter (scout/ranger), a druid, a wildshape ranger and a dragonfire adept all at level 10. Generally the casters are less optimized and the mundanes more. We're using content from all first party material although everything needs to be run past me first which has worked well so far.

For the NPCs I'm using 28pts buy and npc WBL. So far I've got:

Filzaur Lvl 9-10 Drow. Diseases and curses. Potentially wearing one of those underdark gasmasks in combat and throwing stinking clouds and similar. Thinking of Batman's scarecrow.

Nobruzzal Lvl 9-10 Drow. Dresses in black and is eclectic. There not even feats given in the book. No idea on what to do with him. He's got dimension door prepped and I wonder where he'd teleport himself when attacked.

Susztam Lvl 5 illusionist / Lvl 6 Shadow Adept Drow. There are some decent ideas on how he uses his illusions but his feats are a bit lackluster and his meta magic feats are not used on any of his spells.

Solom lvl 15-16 Drow. The archmage should be able to overpower the party on his own and I'm not 100% sure that he currently can. This is not a combat they are meant to win but the archmage is happy to send them against the new rulers of Szith Morcane and even provide them with support. Was thinking something along the lines of loremaster into archmage.

Thanks for reading all this. Any ideas and comments would be very much appreciated.