PDA

View Full Version : Links in the Playground

Arcane_Secrets
2023-10-14, 02:45 AM
How many people here play Tears of the Kingdom and how far into it are you? I've gotten almost all of the upgrades and unique treasures, most of the quests and koroks done, and I'll probably finish the game in the next month or so.

If you do play it, what are you favorite Zonai builds and why?

Millstone85
2023-10-17, 04:46 PM
I have been chickening away from the final boss for a while now, always finding some sidequest to finish first. Mostly upgrading clothes. :smallbiggrin:

As for my favorite zonai build, I present to you "the wasp":
https://i.imgur.com/olUwsz1l.jpg
1 cannon ; 1 construct head ; 2 fans ; 1 steering stick

Perfect for casually bombing monsters as you travel across Hyrule. :smallcool:

danzibr
2023-10-17, 06:51 PM
This is the first time I ever spent $70 on a game and felt like I got a great deal.

My favorite Zonai build is the hoverbike: 2 fans connected by a steering stick (at an angle). Kind of hard to get it just right, definitely worth a google. I pretty much completely explored everything before I “discovered” it, but man, what a find. If I ever replay TOTK, definitely using that (maybe with a giant brightbloom seed on the front) to explore the depths. And, well, fly everywhere.

Millstone85
2023-10-18, 05:10 AM
My favorite Zonai build is the hoverbikeIt might as well be the mascot of the game. :smallsmile:

https://i.imgur.com/eTL2aGll.jpg

danzibr
2023-10-18, 07:15 AM
It might as well be the mascot of the game. :smallsmile:

https://i.imgur.com/eTL2aGll.jpg
Wow incredible find. Just finished the manga, one of my favorite anime of all time, nice :)

Arcane_Secrets
2023-10-21, 01:06 AM
I have yet to get the hoverbike right. I use the square zonai floorpiece with four fans on it. Its insanely durable to the point where so far I've:

Flown a single one across most of Hyrule before parts gave out. Its much better than the wing.

Had no issues with stability. As long as you stick forwards a bit it won't overfly and it won't decide that you're just not flying it any more.

Today while I'm trying to get the Gleeok medal killed the flying flame gleeok above Eldin and just dropped off of it mid-air. It was completely intact where it landed right next to where I fought it.

danzibr
2023-10-21, 06:49 AM
I have yet to get the hoverbike right. I use the square zonai floorpiece with four fans on it. Its insanely durable to the point where so far I've:

Flown a single one across most of Hyrule before parts gave out. Its much better than the wing.

Had no issues with stability. As long as you stick forwards a bit it won't overfly and it won't decide that you're just not flying it any more.

Today while I'm trying to get the Gleeok medal killed the flying flame gleeok above Eldin and just dropped off of it mid-air. It was completely intact where it landed right next to where I fought it.
Nice!

My problem with a bunch of things I tried was the durability. Hoverbike lasts forever.

Arcane_Secrets
2023-10-21, 11:19 PM
Nice!

My problem with a bunch of things I tried was the durability. Hoverbike lasts forever.

Its weird what lasts and what doesn't. When the tanks finally go out, its typically the construct heads and the wheels that die first so I'm left with a bunch of beam emitters glued together which I can at least point at enemies (and this has happened a couple of times) and the stone blocks that I glued together to make the frame.

How do I take screenshots so I can show some of what I've built?

Millstone85
2023-10-22, 06:13 AM
Its weird what lasts and what doesn't. When the tanks finally go out, its typically the construct heads and the wheels that die first so I'm left with a bunch of beam emitters glued together which I can at least point at enemies (and this has happened a couple of times) and the stone blocks that I glued together to make the frame.I believe it is because the wheels are turning and the heads are scanning while the rest spend a lot more time in an inactive state.

How do I take screenshots so I can show some of what I've built?I took a picture with the Purah Pad, put it full screen, took a screenshot, went to the Switch's gallery and transferred the picture to my phone, then from my phone to my computer and from there to Imgur. I sure hope there is a more efficient way to do it.