PDA

View Full Version : Spellwarpable spellls, ALL of them

Paragon
2023-10-14, 10:04 AM
Ok so I'm building a Spellthief7/Spellwarp Sniper5. (into Unseen Seer 2 and Spellthief up to 13th).

1. My party has a Warlock and a Druid (who's very stingy on spells for some reason) and I have basically 5 spells of each levels to learn (up to 4th).
They have to be from sor/wiz spell list but only abj, div, ench, illu and trans schools.
My selection so far is :
1st : Sniper's shot, silent image, guided shot, golem strike and reduce person
2nd : ray of stupidity, blinding color surge, iron thunderhorn, heroics and Shadow double
3rd : Haste, ray of dizziness, phantasmal strangler, displacement and alter fortune
4th : Polymorph, Assay Spells Resistances, Greater Mirror Image, Celerity and Nightmare Terrain.

Also I will have an Unseen Seer advanced learning (up to 2nd) and I'm hesitating between Grave/Vine strike and Hunter's Eye.

2. Since I can steal spells from any list, what are the best warpable spells ?
(I know this guide exists but it's limited to arcane since the class usually is).
I'm looking for Instantaneous, Area spells with only Ref and no SR (ideally).
A great find is Sandblast (Druid1) for instance : once warped it's a no-save stun ! Iron thunderhorn is a no-save prone one, etc

Any hindsight is welcomed (other than "you shouldn't build it like this" ^^)

Paragon
2023-10-19, 09:14 AM
Good to warp spells I've found so far :
Sandblast (no save just stun)
Electric Loop (no save just stun)
Frost Breath (no save just daze)
Iron Thunderhorn (no save just prone)
Wings of Flurry (no save just daze)

If you have hindsights on the spell selection, I'm all ea... eyes.

Rebel7284
2023-10-20, 12:52 AM
While you can steal spells from any class, how would you actually get access to those classes in-game? You only have one hour to cast the stolen spell, after all.

Paragon
2023-10-20, 01:23 AM
The most likely way is that I took the Godsblood Spellthief feat with the Spell domain meaning I have Anyspell (and the Greater version) that I can cast CHA-times per day. So with the right spellbook, I'm golden.

Second I can always get a mercenary sorcerer whose only job is to be a spell battery ^^ and occasionally, maybe enemies will have some nice spells too.