PDA

View Full Version : Searching for an item

Tzardok
2023-10-14, 10:19 AM
I vaguely remember an item, either a mask or an amulett, that you could insert an eye in to gain some kind of effect. Specifically, I think you could put in the eye of a medusa, for example, to get its gaze attack. Does anybody know what that item is called, or even wether it exists at all and I just didn't dream it up?

Doctor Despair
2023-10-14, 08:38 PM
Beholder graft

Gazing Eye: This graft replaces one of the creature's own eyes and gives it a gaze attack. This attack can charm monster, cause sleep, petrify or cause fear. It has a range of 30 feet and a save DC of 16 (including a +2 bonus because only one of the grafted creature's eyes can make the attack), but otherwise functions like a beholder's eye rays.
Prerequisite: Graft Flesh plus one of the following spells: cause fear, charm monster, flesh to stone, or sleep; Market Price: 195,000 gp.

Tzardok
2023-10-15, 09:17 AM
That is similiar, but I think the thing I'm looking for was modular: you could put an eye in, take it out again and replace it with another. The eye didn't necessarily survive being taken out, but it wasn't a "choose one now forever" thing.