PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty Boosh

Lyesmith
2007-12-10, 04:00 AM
I was just wondering if anyone else likes this (Spectacularly wierd) comedy show? I've seen a couple of mentions of it in various threads, but no actual thread for it.

And does anyone else find Old Gregg quite adorable?

Glaivemaster
2007-12-10, 05:13 AM
Well, I watch it, mostly for the sake of being able to discuss it with my girlfriend (who is a massive fan). I can't say I enjoy it. I can say that I don't. Some of the music is ok, and there are a couple of amusing bits, in one or two odd episodes, but not enough to say that I like it

I find most of the jokes predictable or repetitive, mostly both, and while I can see what they're trying to do by being absurd, they're trying too hard, I think, and it doesn't seem to work

Hermit
2007-12-10, 12:14 PM
Huge Mighty Boosh fan myself. The third series has been excellent so far, not least because the Shaman Council have been featuring a lot, and they're clearly awesome. Big fan of the moon too.

Boosh is one of those things I find gets funnier every time I watch it.

Dihan
2007-12-10, 01:02 PM
I don't watch it and am already fed up of people in school quoting it all the time. So annoying!

BrokenButterfly
2007-12-10, 06:45 PM
I think I'm with Glaivemaster on this one...

I've seen the odd episode of the show and I think it's alright. I don't hate it or anything, but I wouldn't turn it on especially. It thinks it's a bit funnier than it actually is imo. I get fed up of people at my school going on about it as if it's the weirdest, funniest show ever conceived...they don't know the first thing about weird comedy...

Glaivemaster
2007-12-11, 04:58 AM
Sorry, I'm back

Big fan of the moon too.

Ok, this is another thing. The Moon. I don't get it. I don't see any humour in the moon at all. Everyone else seems to love it, I find it unfunny at best, perhaps even offensive. What's worse, is that he has to come into every episode and, if it was good, ruin it, if it was bad, make it worse.

Can someone explain to me why you find it funny? I really don't understand how it is, especially after it's been so overdone as it has

Selrahc
2007-12-11, 05:09 AM
Ok, this is another thing. The Moon. I don't get it. I don't see any humour in the moon at all. Everyone else seems to love it, I find it unfunny at best, perhaps even offensive. What's worse, is that he has to come into every episode and, if it was good, ruin it, if it was bad, make it worse.

Oh ye gods yes. The moon is the worst thing about that show.

The rest of it is generally whimsical and funny. I like that kind of stuff in the most part. The moon however I don't like at all, and the fact that it is a recurring character is just annoying.

On the show as a whole, some episodes are great, most are okay, and some are just bad. The best one I've seen so far has been the Legend of Milky Joe (Or whatever its called, the one on an island).

Glaivemaster
2007-12-11, 06:23 AM
On the show as a whole, some episodes are great, most are okay, and some are just bad. The best one I've seen so far has been the Legend of Milky Joe (Or whatever its called, the one on an island).

Yeah, that one's definitely worth mentioning for weird/funny. One of the episodes I quite enjoyed

Hermit
2007-12-11, 08:04 AM
Meh, I guess I'm just a huge fan of anything which is rediculously wierd. I put Garth Marenghi's Darkplace as one of the funniest things in recent years too, although most people I know just think it's complete nonsense. :smalltongue:

Emrylon
2007-12-11, 11:32 AM
The Mighty boosh is an amazing show! It's so random its incredible!

BrokenButterfly
2007-12-11, 03:22 PM
Meh, I guess I'm just a huge fan of anything which is rediculously wierd. I put Garth Marenghi's Darkplace as one of the funniest things in recent years too, although most people I know just think it's complete nonsense. :smalltongue:

Darkplace is a fantastic show, much better and quirkier than Boosh imo. I watched most of the episodes of Channel4 years ago, and I saw them recently on Youtube for the first time in ages. I just love the way it spoofs so much rubbish television in a great way. And the Dean Learner/Thornton Reed character is amazing...

Eldpollard
2007-12-11, 06:52 PM
I prefer the radio series to the TV series. It seems to work better when you can make your own visuals.