PDA

View Full Version : Computer Is there a way to "restart" achievements on Steam?

ti'esar
2023-10-15, 07:05 PM
I'm not really what one would consider an achievement hunter when it comes to video games, but I do keep track, and I've occasionally been interested in the idea of "wiping" my achievements for a particular game and starting over to experience earning them again. Is this actually possible, though, and if so, how? Uninstalling the game seems like an obvious option, but since I'm pretty sure the whole thing is backed up to the cloud anyway, I'm not sure it would work.

(Not sure if this belongs here or in the technology sub-forum, but this seemed like the better option.)

Anymage
2023-10-16, 01:55 AM
Achievements are still stored for uninstalled games. Even if you have the whole game removed from your account, the page for doing so says that your achievements and played time will still be recorded.

There is a thing called Steam Achievement Manager. And from what I've heard steam doesn't care about achievement counts so won't fuss with your account over it. It's probably your only real option, since the only other one is to get the game on a different service or a separate steam account for a fresh start.

Whoracle
2023-10-16, 06:41 AM
There is a way via the steam console. See for example https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/achievements#:~:text=To%20clear%20an%20achievement %20or,reset_all_stats (CTRL+F console).

I have not tested this, however, so proceed with caution or better yet google around or write a ticket to steam.

Edited to add: While the above page talks like that is a thing for developers, I have found the same command while googling around. The above is the closest to an official doc that I could find, hence that link, but from what I gather it should work for regular users and regular games, too.