PDA

View Full Version : Student Loans and I.O.U.

redfeline
2023-10-16, 11:50 AM
The guide for the campus tour was blonde, unnaturally blonde. It was hard to place a finger on exactly what was the problem with him and his hair. Sure you could see the brown roots, but the unnatural wasn't the dye job. The young man seemed to be late 20s, he wore a tight shirt and tight jeans, he had a name tag which coincidently also said Jean S. He talked in a way typical to a "bro", he seemed to know about the school and not about anything else. In fact his gaze seemed to convey a blank slate, as if he never had any thoughts on his own.

Thus far the tour of the typical looking dorm room had lead the group up one elevator to the 5th floor and down another to 1st floor, it was obvious that for some reason the 1st floor the group started the tour in had no doors that came to this part of the dorms. In event of fire, the terrible design required every one to go up 5 flights of stairs, down a hall and down 5 flights of stairs. No way that was up to code.

"So yeah," he pops some pink chewing gum. Part of you suspects his brain would completely shut off if he were to stop chewing the gum. "What was I saying? Oh yeah, your rooms are totally here. And um... Welcome and stuff." He places a small map of the school in your hands, they must print them 7 to the standard sheet of paper because they are small and for some reason the coppied the stain from a cup of coffee onto them. "Uh, so like, on the back you will find a copy of the school rules, my Freshthing dudes"

1. The ArchDean always gets 10%.
2. There are no exceptions to rule 1.
3. Don't mess with cats.
4. Thou shalt never lower the ArchDean's stock values.
5. First-semester freshthings are completely off-limits.
6. No black holes on campus.
7. No antimatter on campus.
8. Destroying any worlds, stars, or universes requires the ArchDean's written permission.
9. Faculty bloodfeuds require a current permit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------fnord-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc link just in case (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?661243-OOC-Sutdent-Loans-and-I-O-U)

JNAProductions
2023-10-16, 01:32 PM
"Who's the ArchDean?" Connie asks. "And why are we off-limits? Who are we off-limits to?"

Her attention is mostly on their guide, with a secondary focus on not knocking anything over or bumping too much into things. She stands about five feet tall, though her tail extends considerably further behind her than most people's limbs; and she's dressed in a plain grey buttoned shirt. Connie's not wearing any pants (not that they'd fit her serpentine lower half), and anyone listening closely to her can hear faint whirrings and clinkings of the gears that operate her internally. Her skin is a pleasant matte brass, and her eyes are a bright, inquisitive blue.

Togo
2023-10-16, 04:36 PM
A hand doth reach, a wayward flyer take
From one who spake but little hitherto
A ninja suit in blue with purple trim
Clings to the lightly muscled form beneath
Whose hood and gloves and tightly belted boots
Leaves but a narrow band of pale-white skin to show
A band around his head conceals his brows
And cloth doth mask his chin and nose below
Betwixt the two, two violet eyes do gleam
Upon the map that shows the sights unseen.

redfeline
2023-10-16, 10:14 PM
The guide turns to the Shakespearean ninja that stands between Connie and the guide. He blows another bubble of gum and lets it pop loudly in the hall. He seems to be waiting for the Ninja to answer Connie's question. The guide seems to have a deep and profound ignorance to all of reality. fnord

At that point as if by some form of serendipity another student steps out of her dorm room. She looks at the group standing silently in somber vigil expecting the guide to respond. "Let me guess, your Bro misunderstood a basic question?"

JNAProductions
2023-10-16, 10:29 PM
"Is he... Is he okay?" Connie asks. "Is this a normal occurrence?" she adds, waving a hand in front of his face.

Oddball
2023-10-17, 06:37 AM
For the sake of moving day Victoria has forgone lace for more "practical" biker leathers still keeping to a solid black pallet her red lensed glasses remain.
(if a window with daylight is present) Victoria stands with her back to the window as much as she can her parasol in her left hand is extended & angled in it's direction. The hood of her coat remains up.
( if there is no such window or there is no sunlight) Removing her hood for the first time so far Victoria breaths in a sigh of relief at the comfort of shadow.

The observant will have noted the hungry eye she has cast upon many of those near through out the tour notable even from under her glasses, it always seems to relent when she takes a sip from a flask she keeps in her coat.
Of the Naga she has been less subtle in her observation clearly taking an interest in every motion esp. on the stairs.

When handed a rules pamphlet she balks at being handed something before relenting to take it.

"Bizonyára ez a fajta halandó Anya figyelmeztetett minket."

Ignoring the others & their questions she looks over her glasses directly in to their "guides" eyes.

"I don't see room assignments here surly we are not all to share one."

Togo
2023-10-17, 07:54 AM
Would be nice to have a dorm with windows. The figure in blue says absently, turning over the paper. It looks like some of these rooms are underground.

He glances up to see their guide's steady gaze upon him. With a sudden Eeep! he immediately flattens himself against a nearby wall and becomes entirely still. In a dark or shadowy environment this might well let him blend in with the shadows. This room is neither.

Feathersnow
2023-10-17, 12:26 PM
A giant of a woman, broader than some men are tall and still, twitches at going so long without a drag of vapor. She wears a nice sun dress with a stetson hat, which clash horribly with her pasty skin and each other.

She looks at the last two freshthings to speak with confusion bordering on alarm. "But it's so big for just the four of us! We could probably all fit in it lying down at once without bunks!" She giggles at the extravance. Then she turns serious. "Is something wrong with living underground? In the hive where I grew up, all the best neighborhoods were underground. I do like that the added security of preventing direct access to our dorms from the outside."

"And it's so very touching the Arch-Dean actually is going to prevent us being hunted for a whole semester until we acclimatize! I thought everyone in pre-history times was a barbarian, but I am so glad to be wrong!"

redfeline
2023-10-17, 12:48 PM
The blonde haired guide looks at the waving hand of Connie. "Did you have a question? I was waiting for the Abe guy to answer your other one."

The female student from the dorm, smiled and said "Hi I am Kahny, a Sophomore here at the school. Bro's and Bimbos are surprisingly oblivious to what is going on. But they are great with office work, of some sorts."

"I don't see room assignments here surly we are not all to share one."

Suddenly the Bro pointed stretching his well toned muscles in a much to tight shirt to a door on the right, door 1001 "Shah, Your room is right there Victoria, you and Connie." He pushed a wave of blonde hair out of his face. "And like your room is here Abe but your dormmate is not here yet. Probably later today. Squelch your room is next to Connie and Victoria." At this he leaves, but down the hall you hear another pop of gum. fnord

Kahny looks at the snake "So your also a Khany? How is it spelled?"

Looking into Victoria and Connie's room, you will find a large window that opens up to the much too bright sun. That said the window seems to be tinted in a way that does not activate Victoria's health condition. Outside the window is a small hedge, with a cement path beyond. In the distance you see both a tall white clock tower and a giant flower shaped building. In the room is a pair of desks and a pair of beds.

Squelch's room is next to Connie and Victoria's, it is likewise equipped and the view is the same, but your window is open. A redheaded woman hops the hedge from the sidewalk walks over and climbs into the window. She then lays down on the top bunk.

Abe's room is on the opposite side, it looks much the same expect outside the window is a distant road and beyond it the triangular shape of Pyramid mall at the edge of the city. The city is mostly small with only one tall white building, (maybe a law office), and the pyramid mall being recognizable shapes.

JNAProductions
2023-10-17, 12:52 PM
"C o n n i e," she replies. "How do you spell your name?"

As she talks, she slithers to the door and opens it. "Ooh, bright! Victoria, you're with me, right? I like your outfit! Especially those glasses-so cool!"

Feathersnow
2023-10-17, 01:20 PM
Squelch cringes! A hedge, lurking right outside her room! It... it couldn't move, right? Plants weren't right, they plotted and hated in spite, damned to a life of total passivity seething in the loathing of people and animals. She knew they still were wild and endemic to this time period, but having one right outside her room!! She shuts the window, pulls down the blinds, and retreats back to the hallway.

Connie, right? I'm Squelch. I'm from the future, well, a future. And you must be Victoria? I hate to impose, but... there is something truly unsettling outside my window, and I want to stay out of my room until it loses interest. I know the Arch-Dean put us off limits, but... I'm not sure things like that understand.

JNAProductions
2023-10-17, 01:32 PM
Connie nods. "You can use my bed-I don't really need it to rest properly," she says, peering at the other room. "Uh... What's the danger? I see a lady, a bunkbed, a window... None of that seems that scary."

Connie's a HERO, and as such will do her darn best to help out her new friends!

But she's also entirely at a loss as to how to help when there's no danger. :P

Feathersnow
2023-10-17, 02:05 PM
It's outside. Best not to draw its attention.... Anyway, I'm Squelch. she turns to her new roommate.

Oddball
2023-10-17, 04:16 PM
Victoria Hisses at the window, not trusting any such trickeries made to it (yet).

Perhaps mistaking the pop of gum for that of a gun her hand steals inside her coat for a moment before she decides it is of no consequence.

(To Connie) "Ah yes thank you my dear. Our family actually makes all our glasses and have for centuries. We are one of the few makers to remain outside the influence of those.... Italians. The... Gentlemen at Oakleys made a run at for a while, but they proved to be prey rather than the predators they made play at being."

(Muttered)
"Ne kérdezd, hogy átölelhet-e a farkával, ne kérdezd, hogy átölelhet-e a farkával, még nem"

(To Squelch) A soft licking of lips ensues from your request.
".....But of course, after all we fellows must stick together."

As move in begins she takes the opportunity to assist any of her (apparently noodle armed) fellows who might need it taking no small joy in flexing her comparative strength, though verbally she is never less than gracious.

JNAProductions
2023-10-17, 10:34 PM
Connie also assist moving anything heavy-though she stresses not to give her anything fragile. "So you're from the future, Squelch? What's it like? And does the name 'Hurtzfield' mean anything to you?"

Togo
2023-10-18, 05:34 PM
Abe starts moving again, craning his neck to see the bubblegum-popping guide leave.

Did I offend him? And what does 'off-limits' mean, anyway?

He starts to ease past the others so as to peer into the room that was identified as his.

Nothing wrong with living underground, it's partly that I've been crashing with my step-parents for last two months since I left school, you know? Their whole place is underground. Anyway my step-sister keeps on at me about how I'm getting too pale. I mean she says a lot of stuff, but... Oh, these look ok.

He gives a tentative wave to the redheaded woman.

But mainly, with all those stairs, five flight up and then five down, we're not going to be using the front door much when the window is, like, right there.

He stares into the room for a moment, muttering softly to himself. No traps that I can see...

In respone to Connie's question, he turns back to the corridor.

Hurtz Field? Isn't that where the Moopsball tryouts are being held?

He shakes his head.

Sorry, should introduce myself. I'm Abysint, just call me Abe. So that's Connie, Connie, Squelch and Victoria? He says addressing each of them in turn. Do you think anyone would mind if I laid claim to the bottom bunk? I don't know if it's something decided by who gets their bag there first, or a duel to the death, or you have to fill in forms?

Unless anyone says anything he removes a bamboo stick from a tube on his back, sharpens it with a few efficient strokes from some kind of sickle with a chain attached to it, and then carefully bends it double and slides it into place under the blankets of the bottom bunk.

Feathersnow
2023-10-18, 05:39 PM
"The future is so full of people! And we all have a giant computer to help us know what to do! And, best of all, there is none of this creepy nature lurking everywhere!"

"But I don't know that name. Does it go to someone important to you? I wish I knew the name of my ancestors' creator. I could give them user feedback!"

Oddball
2023-10-18, 07:41 PM
(to Abe) "Call whichever bunk you like, penance for tardiness on behalf of your roommate."

(to Squelch) "A machine that tell people what to do sounds novel, Father once met a man who claimed to have a machine that played chess. But he lied. A küldött vér adta ki Now such boxes are everywhere. Maybe it is just a matter of time until mortals bow to them.

She then returns to getting her things settled.

JNAProductions
2023-10-18, 10:35 PM
"Hurtzfield is the family name," Connie says, her normally cheerful demeanor sombering a bit. "My dad is an amazing inventor, but he's... Gone. And I was hoping someone from the future might've heard something about him, but I guess it was a long shot anyway."

She shakes her head a little, and when it stills, there's a big smile on her face. "But I'm glad I'll be rooming with cool people! You all seem so nice and friendly."

redfeline
2023-10-19, 12:26 PM
(Just to be clear, we have 3 rooms in use right now. 4 if we count Khany's)

Connie: The sophmore smiles at Conny "I Spell it K-h-a-n-y, It is short for Khan Jr. My parents were King of the Hill fans, and also I was supposed to be a boy." Khany leaves fairly quick, she has to get to class and it is apparently very easy to get lost on campus, but before she departs she asks if you want to visit the mall with her later today?

------------------------------fn

Squelch: "It's outside. Best not to draw its attention.... Anyway, I'm Squelch." Your new room mate eyes you apathetically and kicks off her shoes "Dawn" She answers in a tone that conveys her deep desire to be life long enemies with you. "When I have my dates over, I will put a sock on the windowsill, you'll need to sleep some where else those nights." She then goes back to ignoring you and looking at her phone.

------------------------------or

Abe and every one really: You move in to your room and having laid claim to the bottom bunk resume conversation. Before long your smiling room mate comes in, he pauses briefly when he sees Connie. He is tall and dark, and two out of three traits isn't bad. He seems well groomed and gives off the vibe of a insurance salesman. "Hi I am David." He sets down suitcase and laptop bag in the room next too the bunks. "So are you my room mate and what is with the snake gir..." his sentence is cut short as he flops down on the bottom bunk and the sharpened bamboo pierces him through the head. David is now very firmly dead.

Most of the doorways on campus seem to have a small flat machine above them. As some one walks through a green light flashes once, this machine above the door to Abe and David's room currently has a yellow light on. With an 8 or higher, you know the light turned on a few seconds after David died.

------------------------d

Feathersnow
2023-10-19, 12:58 PM
Squelch tries to summon spirits of slime and muck to heal David, but it is clearly too late! The Bamboo got him! She knew plants couldn't be trusted!

Togo
2023-10-19, 01:22 PM
Abe stands there, shocked.

After a moment he manages to speak Uh, thanks Connie. I think maybe I was supposed to be... more friendly?

JNAProductions
2023-10-19, 02:23 PM
Connie's busy staring at the body. She does not know in the slightest how to respond.

redfeline
2023-10-19, 05:56 PM
Dawn looks over from her top bunk. "Don't worry the car salesman will be back eventually. The school provides life insurance and brain scans. I wonder if he is single. She scrolls to a new page on her phone.

Oddball
2023-10-19, 06:21 PM
Victoria steps back out in to the hall from moving heavy things, and with surprising swiftness (9) takes in the murder, the motion sensors & the approximate location of the assassin, before acting.
She snaps before drawing a half moon in the air drawing on the fresh spilled blood to reach out for that which spilled it. (7)
"Oh come now little killer, dinner has just been served, won't you stay? Szükségünk lesz egy sivatagra!"

redfeline
2023-10-19, 08:37 PM
The blood forms an entangling net. If Abe is in the room with David he is captured.

Togo
2023-10-20, 09:23 AM
Blood-red tendrils burst out of the fallen body, weaving a web of entangling strands that start to wrap around him.

What the..?

Feathersnow
2023-10-20, 12:19 PM
Squelch backs away! "The hedge, it's coming for us!" She looks around for where she stashed her drum of gasoline, ready to burn the witch-plant until the blood curse is lifted!

JNAProductions
2023-10-20, 12:29 PM
Connie shouts for Squelch "Behind me! I'll keep you safe!" and moves to interpose herself between the friend and the tangle of bloodlines.

Oddball
2023-10-20, 05:07 PM
(regardless of if Abe is entangled or not)

Victoria strides towards the epicenter on the beds carefully taking in the full context of what happened.

"Ce în Cele Nouă Iaduri?"

"Theres no one else here? No invisible killer, no mysterious beast? He killed him self through his own..... stupidity?

"Is it contagious?"

A few moments more contemplation leads to an anemic nose bleed.

"Pardon me I need to go rethink every decision that has lead me here."

She retreats to her room & pillow muffeled screams can be heard.

redfeline
2023-10-20, 09:46 PM
Dawn sets down her phone "You guys know nothing." She hops down from the bunk and approaches the door. "The school wants his money, they will bring him back with all the same memories he had when crossed the memory scan." She points up to the device above the door. With the other hand she has pulled off a sock. She places it on the doorknob. "I need the room for a bit." She shuts the door.

JNAProductions
2023-10-21, 12:18 AM
"Does that mean... He's gonna be okay?" Connie asks as the door shuts.

Togo
2023-10-21, 05:40 AM
Abe struggles with the ropes of blood.

Um.. So do I just stay here while he resurrects, or.. Victoria? Has she gone?

Oddball
2023-10-21, 06:40 AM
Muffled screaming continues.

Feathersnow
2023-10-21, 07:23 PM
"Release him, vegetable fiend, or I'll burn you to the roots!" Squelch retrieves the gasoline and yells at the window!

Togo
2023-10-22, 05:34 PM
Abe looks over at the corridor at the tentacles of blood continue to writhe, wrapping around him.

Well, Connie, and Khany. As the only ones not screaming, any practical suggestions? I'd shake hands, but I'm a bit tied up at the moment.

He manages to free one arm, and rubs his forehad with the back of one hand before his arm gets captured again.

Oh, and Khany, yes, I'd love to meet at the mall later. Thanks for the suggestion. I've got to talk to someone there about a part-time job there anyway, so it would be good to have something less grim to look forward to as well.

A shrug. My boxes are still in the hallway. I guess I'll have to wait to put them in my room, unless you think you can push a cardboard box hard enough that it slides under the bed from where you are?

Oddball
2023-10-23, 07:30 AM
Roused by the talk of malls & food Victoria stops calms her self at the thought of a whole food court to feast on, also the restraints for some snacks.

"Ooooh a Mall."
"Óóó egy bevásárlóközpont"

As it would be rude to just ignore Abe, she promptly moves to put the last of his things in his room.

Feathersnow
2023-10-23, 03:29 PM
Realizing the hedge apparently saw through her bluff, Squelch puts down the Gasoline and pretends nothing happened. "So, the mall, that will be fun!"

Togo
2023-10-23, 05:20 PM
Abe's stuff sitting in the corridor. A overlong duffle bag, worn from use. A small cublical teak chest of drawers, maybe 2 feet a side, with a multitude of little drawers. A cardboard box marked 'Enlightenment' and gaudily coloured pinwheel, turning lazily on a it's stick. The largest item is a suit carrier, with the usual zip up the front and a hanger at the top. Through the little plastic window, a few ninja suits can be seen, each in a different colour.

Abe watches Victoria silently, for a bit, the tentacles of blood still binding him.

Then he speaks. Uh... Victoria? Do these things, like, wear off at any point?

He looks over at the corpse lumped next to the bed.

And if we're going out, I should leave him a note. I mean, finding your own corpse with no explanation... He tilts his head in thought. Should I invite him along?

redfeline
2023-10-23, 10:45 PM
The matter of Dave firmly and completely resolved. The group heads to meet up with Khany at the mall, confident that the gm will have no way to exploit this later. The Pyramid Mall is a 23 story tall (on the inside), and contains an uncounted number of stores. Their slogan "everything under one roof" is amazingly accurate, for example it has a Starbucks.

As you walk inside you find jewelry stores in all four visible corners. No one knows why or how all malls have four visible jewelry stores from all entrances but they do. Their is a map displayed of the labyrinth like maze of gift shops, shoe shops, and book stores that seem to be going out of business. Unfortunately your immediate surroundings seem to be blocked out by a big red X label that says you are here. The Starbucks is located in a food court, beyond a store that exclusively sells anti matter, which is only one store away from place that exclusively sells matter. You however are not afraid of matter anti-matter explosions however as between them a store sells exclusively the third kind of matter, which does not react with matter or anti-matter. (The aptly named doesn't-matter)

The mall is fairly thick with teenagers, they seem to be traveling in packs, likely under the influence of some sort of (drama) queen teenager. How they navigate while looking exclusively at their phones is beyond your comprehension. Other denizens of the mall include parents with small children, pigeons for some reason, and a confused old person also navigating while looking at it's phone.

Feathersnow
2023-10-23, 10:55 PM
Squelch sighs. In the future, everything is like this! It makes me homesick...

Togo
2023-10-24, 04:11 AM
Well.. I need to find that burger place at some point, which would be, food court I guess? But we have time to look around.

Abe squints at the mall logo.

Does a pyramid even have a roof?

Oddball
2023-10-24, 08:25 AM
(don't most stores sell matter?)

"Hmmm food is everywhere. Also BOOKS! Back home we had a full library in the North tower and I miss it so much we need to go do some shopping." Ohhhh is that an actual blacksmith on the map & an arborist?

JNAProductions
2023-10-24, 11:31 AM
"Blacksmith's? I could use that-I'm more experienced with welding than smithing, but I've dabbled!" Connie says, eyeing the map as well.

redfeline
2023-10-24, 03:45 PM
As you move to the burger spot Khanny said to meet at, a horde of teenagers storms by. The behavior of the flock never ceases to amaze as you spy several teens joking for position with subtle hand motions and slight comments. Nature truely is amazing.

You pass the Foot Locker, JC Penny, and a Walmart for some reason. It is readily apparent that the mall contains one of every brand named store in existence. It may take some time to reach your destination, which is also three floors up.

Oddball
2023-10-25, 08:00 AM
"Hmm now all we need is an actual clothing store, could use new shoes."

"Az embernek soha nincs elég bőre vagy csipkéje,"

Feathersnow
2023-10-25, 02:36 PM
"An Arborist... like they sell trees!? The past is a dangerous place.. Luckily, you have my magic to distract enemies and heal if the plants get too rowdy.

redfeline
2023-10-27, 02:53 PM
Squelch watches the dreaded arborist, peddling their sinister trees to the unsuspecting masses. Little tendrils of darkness creeping into homes, and not the good kind of darkness like in the sewers. The bad kind of darkness, the plant kind of darkness.

While this is going on the flock of teenagers suffer a navigation error, it seems their phones do not detour around Squelch. She finds herself trampled and kicked and dragged along with the current of teenagers.

However before long, the teens detect the outsider who not yet being born is much too young to be in such an adult crowd. Squelch is unceremoniously dumped a scant 20 feet from her initial location.

A notice roll of 4 spots a plastic card left behind on the ground.

JNAProductions
2023-10-27, 02:56 PM
Connie tries to make her way into the crowd when Squelch is mobbed, with "Excuse me! Excuse me, my friend is-excuse me!"

She's unable to save Squelch from the initial indignity, but is there shortly after to help the gooey friend up.

Oddball
2023-10-27, 07:29 PM
Csökkentették a becsületét, meg kellene ölnie ezeket a hulgánokat, ahol állnak.

Notice (11)

Mi ez? A card of some sort.

Victoria will approach the card perhaps it hold information that will assist squelch in restoring their honor.

Feathersnow
2023-10-27, 07:35 PM
Squelch pats down her pockets, checking to see if she was pickpocketed. Hmm, yeah. Just like at home... Hey, Kids! Watch where you're going! She shouted, once she was reasonably sure they weren't listening.

redfeline
2023-10-28, 12:05 PM
As Victoria looks at the card it appears to be an all infrablack colored credit card. The top is hard to make out, "Ma***r C**d" the card number is 42. Interestingly the card owner is listed as a Victoria, one which happens to have the same full as you Victoria!

Togo
2023-10-28, 12:30 PM
Abe cautiously climbs down from the top of the doorframe he had used to escape the crowd.

Is everyone ok?

Feathersnow
2023-10-28, 05:52 PM
I... think so? If anyone is hurt, I have some favors I can call in from spirits of medical waste?

Oddball
2023-10-28, 10:54 PM
"Fine here."

Kicsit szomjas

"A card in my name? How suspicious."
I will attempt to determine if it is some sort of magic (casting ability check?)

JNAProductions
2023-10-29, 11:58 AM
"Someone wrote you a card? That's... Nice? Weird? Let's go with oddly touching," Connie says. "It's a little small, though."

redfeline
2023-10-30, 11:41 AM
The card is easily recognizable as a lost credit card. It number 42, is unusually short for a credit card. The color of the card, InfraBlack can be seen quite easily under experimental conditions (See foot note 1), is rumored to be among the most exclusive credit cards. Interestingly the card is slightly warm to the touch.

Looking around no one seems to of lost a card, but more then a few shop keepers and one Arborist seem to be eyeing you like a man lost in a desert eyes a glass of water.

foot notes
1: "To perform the experiment simply select a healthy brick wall with a good run-up, and, lowering your head, charge. The color that flashes in bursts behind your eyes, behind the pain, just before you die, is infra-black." credit to Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

Oddball
2023-10-30, 07:35 PM
Faith Check of 3:smalleek:

Victoria returns the gazes of the shopkeepers with "equal" hunger.

"Hmmm. Doesn't seem magically suspicious. But wouldn't I need a husband or my father to get one of these? All very much suspicious."

"Am văzut roșu doar când am murit."

"Akkor még egyszer, ha csapda, talán az lenne a legjobb, ha megrugdossuk, és kicsalogassuk az elkövetőket."

"So anyone else know more about the loan cards? Theses new money things are abit obtuse to me?"

redfeline
2023-11-01, 12:08 PM
An angular man in an expensive suite steps out of the shadow of his own kiosk. "Let me help you with that young lady. A modern woman like you absolutely must know how to use a credit card. Really such things are just a necessity now at days, and a sharp mind like yours will grasp the subtleties and master card shopping in no time." From a polite distance he gestures to his kiosk. "May I interest you in my fine product while you master credit based shopping."

His kiosk is selling something called "extended car warranty."

Oddball
2023-11-01, 07:37 PM
"Hmmmm ultima dată când am urmărit un străin misterios promițând că am murit."

"A pénzt mégis megkaptuk."

"Well on one hand information is useful, on the other don't have a motor carriage in country. Time to find a new dress. Unless the newly acquired besties have any suggestions"

"Úgy néz ki, a vére is hizlalna."

JNAProductions
2023-11-01, 08:40 PM
"Maybe we can get a bite to eat? Although I don't eat-but hey, anyone else hungry?" Connie asks.

Togo
2023-11-02, 06:46 AM
Abe shrugs.

I'd love to have a bite to eat. And maybe, I don't know, do we need pens, pencils, scroll cases? Are those things cheaper here than on campus? I could do with a lamp. I've got to watch my budget though...

Oddball
2023-11-02, 07:27 PM
"Thats a good point, I need to pick up a typewriter & some ink."

"Mortalii încă le folosesc, nu?"

Feathersnow
2023-11-06, 06:08 AM
Squelch, who has heard of some of those things mentioned, gathers they are school supplies from context. "I'll just get a soda, I'm on the campus meal plan and I need to save money "

Togo
2023-11-07, 04:53 AM
Abe looks at the card they'd just found, then away. Then back at the card, then away.
Finally he says.

I wonder if that card has a budget?

Oddball
2023-11-08, 07:53 AM
"Is that a thing? I can think of a few ways to find out.Though maybe we should meet Khaney first."

redfeline
2023-11-08, 10:31 PM
You find Khany at a burgermart in the food court. She is eating a set of fries with ketchup. Good to see all of you, one thing you will learn quickly is to avoid eating on campus. She dips a fry into ketchup and puts it to her mouth. "Did you guys have a hard time finding the place?

JNAProductions
2023-11-08, 10:38 PM
"Squelch was attacked by a group of hooligans, but Victoria found a money card," Connie reports.

Oddball
2023-11-10, 08:27 AM
"Quite the curious find as from what we recall these need to be applied for the post came with a few of them every so often."

A huligánok szórakoztató szó.

Togo
2023-11-10, 03:14 PM
Abe, distracted, shakes his head.

No, not really. We just went up... He glances vaguely at a stray flier advising that his life will not be complete until he test-drives the latest range of mammoths, moves it to one side, then sits down. Again he looks around at the shops around him, craning his neck for some trace of the elusive franchise that is Ninja Burger.

redfeline
2023-11-13, 10:29 AM
A stranger sits at an empty bench two down from Abe. Kahny looks past the railing down several floors. She sips her coffee, a look of serenity on her face. "Mall rats, you got to be careful around them. Maybe get a flu shot." She takes another sip. "So what are you going to do with the card?"

The stranger is now eating a burger and fries with the distinct marking of Ninja Burger. Who ever delivered it was good, real good.

Oddball
2023-11-14, 09:16 AM
"Well if I knew how to use I suppose lunch would be on me, then maybe use it to pay for services to track down who ever though they could get away with taking the name Von-Alcuard in vain. Maybe buy a nice dress or two in between."

Victoria scans the options for a V Bros Burgers as they cook to order and have allergy conscious training in their kitchen.

Carnea este carne, învață să mănânci.

Togo
2023-11-14, 06:34 PM
Abe looks around. Ok, that was smooth.. He stands up. Uh.. I'm just going to have a quick look around, see where that burger came from. Unless anyone knows already? Or where I can get a 'sorry for your recent demise' apology card?

redfeline
2023-11-15, 08:52 PM
The person next to Abe is more than willing to help him out. "I use the phone app, any place any time and boom there is a burger. And this time I even got a shake." She smiles at the pajama clad man.

Kahny chimes in "You may want to download that app, I tried Pirate Pizza, their long guns are not as accurate as they make it out to be. Any how it is wise to have an off campus dining option, the meal plan at the school is... well, your more likely to be eaten then the food."

JNAProductions
2023-11-15, 11:41 PM
"Do the meals on campus corrode metals? Or is it just the fleshy folk that need to be worried?" Connie asks.

redfeline
2023-11-20, 10:47 AM
Kahny answers "I wouldn't be surprised if they cause a nuclear melt down some day. I wouldn't put anything past the food on campus. Although some days are better then others, at least once the food appeared suspiciously edible."

Togo
2023-11-20, 03:38 PM
Abe thinks for a bit, the crouches down and looks carefully at the floor around them. Standing up again he industriously writes on a peice of paper for a moment, and then looks at it critically.

"One ninja burger ambush deluxe, extra hot sauce, hold the pickle."

He carefully places it on the table, extracts a few well worn banknotes from his sleeve, and places them next to it. He backs off carefully.

Well, we'll just have to see if that wor-

Oddball
2023-11-23, 05:20 AM
Victoria returns with a pair double burgers rare, mushrooms, hot sauce, lettuce, pickles), V Bro's customary bucket of fries & a small Coke float.

She finds a seat and proffers some of the mound to the others. Her first bite takes unhinges her jaw for a tearing chunk before manners take hold and more reasonable bits follow.

Food can be ordered from your small phone?

"A sorban állás legalább egy vadászathoz hasonlítható."

redfeline
2023-12-02, 10:51 PM
Abe is disappointed that nothing happens with his written order of ninja burger.

Khanny answers Victoria "Yeah if you have cell service you can order most things. Usually with stupidly fast delivery here in town. That said the cell service is spotty at best. So what are you going to do with the card?"

Oddball
2023-12-05, 08:42 PM
"Well Father has always spoken of the value of long term planning, so investment seems in order. Mayhaps a railroad. We have heard magical things about the British Northwester Railway. Other than that a few things for the dorm, maybe some armor, and a new dress."

"Păcat, banii nu pot vindeca singurătatea. S-ar putea să cumpere asta dacă s-ar putea."

She proffers the mass of fries in the direction of the still foodless Abe.

redfeline
2023-12-11, 02:41 PM
Khanny looks at Victoria. "I don't know if railways are as cheap in reality as they are in monopoly. It is a credit card, not a swiss bank account. It is bound to have a limit on what it can spend. My guess is it will be canceled by the end of today by the owner any how." She moves through her phone app "I got you Abe, but there are many other burger places in the mall." She places the order for Abe "You are going to pay me back right, Ninja burger is expensive."

Feathersnow
2023-12-12, 11:04 PM
Squelch thinks about this. "waitaminute! If that's a credit card, you could buy me food with it! I could do magic for you in exchange? she adds, hopefully.

Oddball
2023-12-13, 06:32 AM
"Ah yes, tunnel mage, come let us acquire you food, this will make an excellent test of this asset. What do you want?"

"Nyújtsa ki egy kicsit jobban a nyakát, szeretjük a jó megjelenést.".

Togo
2023-12-13, 10:19 AM
Abe takes a breath, and then nods. "Yeah, term's just started, I'll manage." He thinks for a moment. "Unless you can order ninja burgar on the black card? I'd owe you a favour..."

Either way, he narrows his eyes scannng all approaches for possible ninjas.

After a moment, he relaxes for a moment to steal one of Victoria's fries.

JNAProductions
2023-12-13, 01:27 PM
"You're such a nice person, Victoria!" Connie says.

Feathersnow
2023-12-13, 07:17 PM
"I have read of a thing from this era. It is made from the dismembered bodies of evil spirits and garnished with favorites and topped with a dressing of oil and acid... I believe it is called a 'Salad.'"

Oddball
2023-12-14, 08:39 PM
Victoria's eyes flash with joy, pride & desire in equal measure at such description of salad.

"Yes come Tunnel Mage, we will find you a salad salad worthy of the such brutality of consumptive hunger."

She catches Abe's hand as he retetats with the proffered fry, before smiling only a bit too wide and placing a few more in and releasing him.

"Yes, I can & yes you will. but don't fret on it. We might even find a way to be even by the end of the trip."

"Mă întreb *** se va arăta într-o rochie?"