PDA

View Full Version : Fey Antagonists

Skjaldbakka
2007-12-10, 06:41 AM
I'm looking for some interesting Fey antagonists, in the CR 11-15 range. I'm fine advancing some, but the MM is somewhat lacking in interesting Fey. Feel free to post your own homebrew stuff if you like.

Nero24200
2007-12-10, 07:04 AM
Personally, I think a nymph might be a good antagonist for a PC party.

I dislike the Wotc interpretation of the nymph, as a being of good blah blah blah. The only interpretaion of a nymph I've ever read about in a mythology book is one which lures victims into it's sacred pool then eats them...horribly...

A nymph whom grows tired of feasting on random travellers and seeks to try larger prey might make for a great antagonist.

A confussed dryad whom believes everything is out to destory the natrual world might work as well with class levels, though this leaves the problem of her only being able to venture 300 ft from her tree.

Kizara
2007-12-10, 07:17 AM
Ragewalkers, glastigs and red caps come to mind instantly.

MM 2-3 IIRC. Seriously though, just open other books then the MM 1 and look up "fey" under the listings by creature type: that's what I'd have to do.

AslanCross
2007-12-10, 07:22 AM
The Banshrae from MM5 would be a good antagonist. It's only CR 8, but advances by character class. Easy enough to beef up.

They're bitter and cruel, and could also work together with other fey (Verdant Prince from MM4, for example).

Another idea could be a high level Jaebrin Beguiler (MM5).

I'd suggest the Master of the Hunt, since it's not necessarily evil, but it's epic. D:

Dode
2007-12-10, 07:37 AM
What about a Ragewalker from the MM3?

A Ragewalker (CR 14) is the natural embodiment of war, a giant armoured spiked chain-wielding fey that has suprising stealth skills, an cloud of swirling blades at all times, projectile deflection and a rage aura (DC 28) that renders opponents unable to tell friend from foe, along with some other gravy.

Build him up as an avatar of Eurythnul or a field commander of an evil Wizard's Living Spell thralls (did I mention they could do that too?)

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-12-10, 08:30 AM
Verdant Princes are nice.

I'm not sure if Frostwind Viragos are in your CR range, but they are pretty dang cool. No pun intended.

Reel On, Love
2007-12-10, 08:31 AM
Found this with google: Prince of Air and Darkness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26636&page=5) from a GitP contest.

It's CR 18, but that looks off; I'm sure a level 16 party would be fine ;). In any case, you could lower the CR by putting the creature outside of a cold environmeny thanks to the Winter's Might ability.

Khanderas
2007-12-10, 08:35 AM
A confused dryad whom believes everything is out to destory the natrual world might work as well with class levels, though this leaves the problem of her only being able to venture 300 ft from her tree.
I had the same idea, minus the confused part. She knows exactly where the land lies.
She "lost" her link to her tree because it got hit by wierd magic and the mighty oak is now a sapling, too small to keep a dryad link, so she is free to go wherever she wants...for now.

... and she likes her freedom. She knows all too well that a dozen or so years from now that tree will grow big enough for the link to come back and she WILL NOT lose her freedom. Out of desperation for forbidden magics to let her stay free, a dryad turning to evil is not only likly but in my mind, expected. Coupled with some hedonistic life (who knows if she will ever be able to act it out if the link comes back).But can the PC's blame her ? Who would want to be shackled to a tree in an all but deserted part of the woods?

She could have an arch enemy in some druid who wants her back to the natural order and want her captured and brought to her tree so he can age it properly (he can do it without her, but that would problebly kill her. Or he does not know what tree it is, up to DM). The Dryad naturally disagrees, but the Druid highers the PC's and would tell his side of the story only (naturally). Might just mention she is on the loose, that he fears the natural order destabilise and the dryads personal demise as well if she is not caught for her own good.

Ohh, nice. Moral ambiguity.:smallbiggrin: Muahahahaha

Prometheus
2007-12-10, 07:44 PM
Wendigos and Spriggans are pretty antagonistic