PDA

View Full Version : How many dragons can you put in the character`s name?

Eerie
2007-12-10, 07:17 AM
I`m looking for something along the line of "Dragonborn Dragonwrouth Dragon-descended Dragon Shaman with Dragon bloodline...". With as many "dragons" as possible. Preferably something you can build for a 1st level campaign.

And tell me how overpowered such a character will be.

Sstoopidtallkid
2007-12-10, 07:54 AM
If it's a sorcerer, dragon heritage.

martyboy74
2007-12-10, 08:17 AM
For the record, such a character would almost certainly because underpowered, because LAs would kill it.

Rachel Lorelei
2007-12-10, 08:22 AM
*takes a deep breath*

It'd be a Half-Dragon Dragonborn Dragonwrought Dragon-bloodline Kobold Dragonfire Adept/Dragon Shaman/Dragon Disciple/Dragon Devotee/Dragon Lord/Dragonkith/Dragonslayer/Dragon Descendant/Psion 1/Diamond Dragon/Dragon Samurai/Dragonheart Mage with Dragontouched and Draconic Heritage.

Edit: with a Dragonmark, taking Dragonmarked Heir. :tongue:

Edit: for first level, you'd need to be satisfied with a (Venerable) Dragonborn Dragonwrought Kobold Dragonfire Adept, and it wouldn't actually be bad. Take Entangling Exhalation instead of Dragontouched.

Eerie
2007-12-10, 08:53 AM
*takes a deep breath*

It'd be a Half-Dragon Dragonborn Dragonwrought Dragon-bloodline Kobold Dragonfire Adept/Dragon Shaman/Dragon Disciple/Dragon Devotee/Dragon Lord/Dragonkith/Dragonslayer/Dragon Descendant/Psion 1/Diamond Dragon/Dragon Samurai/Dragonheart Mage with Dragontouched and Draconic Heritage.

Edit: with a Dragonmark, taking Dragonmarked Heir. :tongue:

Edit: for first level, you'd need to be satisfied with a (Venerable) Dragonborn Dragonwrought Kobold Dragonfire Adept, and it wouldn't actually be bad. Take Entangling Exhalation instead of Dragontouched.

Wow, wow, slow down. *scared*

Can you exlain what each of them are? Race\Class\Feature?

Dragonwrought Kobold is a race, right? You can`t be Dragonwrought elf or something? So what can I replace it with if I don`t want to be a Kobold? Anything else with dragon?

Also, why Dragonfire Adept and not Dragon Shaman?

Lady Tialait
2007-12-10, 08:54 AM
Dragon Wruoght Kobold is just a kobold..as for the Dragon Shaman..well it's a freakin Kobold...

Rachel Lorelei
2007-12-10, 08:59 AM
Wow, wow, slow down. *scared*

Can you exlain what each of them are? Race\Class\Feature?

Dragonwrought Kobold is a race, right? You can`t be Dragonwrought elf or something? So what can I replace it with if I don`t want to be a Kobold? Anything else with dragon?

Also, why Dragonfire Adept and not Dragon Shaman?

"Dragonwrought" is a feat (RotD) only Kobolds can take. It makes them more dragon-like; as a result, you can be Venerable to get the +3 mental stat boosts and not take the -6 physical stat penalties.

"Dragonborn" is a Races of the Dragon "race", it involves going through a ritual--you lose most of the characteristics of your previous race (but keep your stats), get... -2 DEX +2 CON, I think... and the Dragonborn racial abilities instead of your previous ones.

"Dragontouched" and "Draconic Heritage" are (not very useful) feats.

The rest of the classes mentioned are various prestige classes.

Dragonfire Adept (from Dragon Magic) instead of Dragon Shaman because Dragonfire Adept is a pretty good class, like a Warlock but better in all the right ways, whereas the Dragon Shaman is a weak class.

Eerie
2007-12-10, 09:02 AM
"Dragonwrought" is a feat (RotD) only Kobolds can take. It makes them more dragon-like; as a result, you can be Venerable to get the +3 mental stat boosts and not take the -6 physical stat penalties.

"Dragonborn" is a Races of the Dragon "race", it involves going through a ritual--you lose most of the characteristics of your previous race (but keep your stats), get... -2 DEX +2 CON, I think... and the Dragonborn racial abilities instead of your previous ones.

Well, I doubt a Kobold will become Dragonborn, seeing they are already kind of "dragonborn". Also, won`t he lose the "Dragonwrought" after this?

Rachel Lorelei
2007-12-10, 09:08 AM
Well, I doubt a Kobold will become Dragonborn, seeing they are already kind of "dragonborn". Also, won`t he lose the "Dragonwrought" after this?

A kobold might undergo the Dragonborn ritual to become bigger, tougher, scalier--even more like the dragon ancestors whose blood thunders in her veins.
Dragonborn are also non-evil, so the kobold could be trying to redeem her evil Chromatic-dragon heritage.

You wouldn't lose the benefits of the Dragonwrought feat, no. The only benefit to be really concerned about is that you gain the Dragon type (instead of humanoid) and you stop taking penalties for aging as a result. So be Venerable, and *then* undergo the Dragonborn ritual. Dragonborn count as both Dragonborn and whatever they were before, so you're still a Kobold for purposes of the Dragonwrought feat prereqs.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-10, 09:11 AM
Rach...this is makeing me shiver with...um...shiveries...I like it..but at the same time..it's really screwed up..who knows?...maybe dragon flavor can be found heavy in non-dragons...even heavier then in a true dragon...the world shall know fear.

Rachel Lorelei
2007-12-10, 09:14 AM
Rach...this is makeing me shiver with...um...shiveries...I like it..but at the same time..it's really screwed up..who knows?...maybe dragon flavor can be found heavy in non-dragons...even heavier then in a true dragon...the world shall know fear.

I... I have no idea what exactly you're saying here.

AstralFire
2007-12-10, 10:12 AM
A kobold might undergo the Dragonborn ritual to become bigger, tougher, scalier--even more like the dragon ancestors whose blood thunders in her veins.
Dragonborn are also non-evil, so the kobold could be trying to redeem her evil Chromatic-dragon heritage.

You wouldn't lose the benefits of the Dragonwrought feat, no. The only benefit to be really concerned about is that you gain the Dragon type (instead of humanoid) and you stop taking penalties for aging as a result. So be Venerable, and *then* undergo the Dragonborn ritual. Dragonborn count as both Dragonborn and whatever they were before, so you're still a Kobold for purposes of the Dragonwrought feat prereqs.

I'm not so sure about this... Dragonwrought prevents you from taking penalties due to age, Dragonborn resets your age to Adult. I'd be inclined to say you'd lose the aging bonuses.

Arakune
2007-12-10, 10:18 AM
I'm not so sure about this... Dragonwrought prevents you from taking penalties due to age, Dragonborn resets your age to Adult. I'd be inclined to say you'd lose the aging bonuses.

How? He un-live and un-experience his XX years of life?

Telonius
2007-12-10, 10:18 AM
Name him Trogdor and you're set.

AstralFire
2007-12-10, 10:20 AM
How? He un-live and un-experience his XX years of life?

Well, he 'unexperiences' any racial bonus feats he had, racial skill points, and racial training (like the Dwarves' +4 Dodge bonus against certain foes), so yes.

Call it a side-effect of the process. Too much brain clutter in there causes slight problems.

Not like anything about dragons ever bothered to be remotely logical anyway... I still find the Dragonborn to be one of the most incredibly inane races ever.

"LOOKITME, I'M SUCH A GOOD BROWNNOSER FOR THE SCALY GOD OF SITTING-ON-TREASURE-TROVES-BUT-BEING-NICE-ABOUT-IT! AS A REWARD I GET TO TURN UGLY! YAY!"

*muttermutter*

Chronos
2007-12-10, 06:38 PM
It'd be a Half-Dragon Dragonborn Dragonwrought Dragon-bloodline Kobold Dragonfire Adept/Dragon Shaman/Dragon Disciple/Dragon Devotee/Dragon Lord/Dragonkith/Dragonslayer/Dragon Descendant/Psion 1/Diamond Dragon/Dragon Samurai/Dragonheart Mage with Dragontouched and Draconic Heritage.Doesn't work. Half-Dragon, at least, is an inherited template, so you'd have to have it before any class levels. And being a half-dragon already disqualifies you from the Dragon Disciple class, and probably a few others on the list.

F.L.
2007-12-10, 06:40 PM
Name him Trogdor and you're set.

Trogdor was a man
I mean, he was a dragon man
Or maybe he was just a dragon
But he was still TROGDOR!

Jolly Steve
2007-12-11, 05:53 AM
I`m looking for something along the line of "Dragonborn Dragonwrouth Dragon-descended Dragon Shaman with Dragon bloodline...". With as many "dragons" as possible. Preferably something you can build for a 1st level campaign.

And tell me how overpowered such a character will be.

Technically you can have any number of instances of the word 'dragon' in the character's name. What you're talking about are aspects of the character other than their name. In addition, 'anal-retentive' should always be hyphenated.

Rachel Lorelei
2007-12-11, 06:04 AM

Dragonborn might mean you're an adult, but that doesn't mean you lose the aging bonuses (which are instantaneous bonuses when you cross the category).
My best guess for what happens is that either you advance in Dragonborn age categories but gain no benefits or penalties, you can gain ANOTHER set of aging bonuses from becoming Dragonborn.

And, yes, the Half-Dragon wouldn't work. The rest should.

Talic
2007-12-11, 06:12 AM
Doesn't work. Half-Dragon, at least, is an inherited template, so you'd have to have it before any class levels. And being a half-dragon already disqualifies you from the Dragon Disciple class, and probably a few others on the list.

Unless, of course, you inherited the template from the 10 levels of dragon disciple, no?

Armads
2007-12-11, 06:29 AM
Unless, of course, you inherited the template from the 10 levels of dragon disciple, no?

Kobolds have the dragonblood subtype, which treats them as dragons for effects related to race. So, they cannot take the Half-Dragon template (or the Dragon Disciple class, because it requires nondragons).

Rachel Lorelei
2007-12-11, 06:46 AM
Hmm, that's true. Dragonwrought makes that moot in any case.

These other classes are less restrictive. Replace Dragon Disciple with Dracolexi.

AstralFire
2007-12-11, 09:33 AM
Dragonborn might mean you're an adult, but that doesn't mean you lose the aging bonuses (which are instantaneous bonuses when you cross the category).

If that were the case, what would be the point of mentioning the age reset rather than simply saying "they don't die of old age'? You'd have a lot of Dragonborn with pathetic physical stats. I have a hard time believing that that was remotely intended.

Snadgeros
2007-12-11, 07:14 PM
Dragon D. McDragonson:smalltongue:

You said his NAME, not his CLASS or RACE.