PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Of multiple animal companions and their archetypes

ciopo
2023-10-17, 09:25 AM
Greetings fellow forum dwellers

I have an upcoming campaign, the system will be pathfinder 1st edition, but the world will be alternate Italian history, circa 1916-1918, we'll be playing as a commandoish unit in the alps front of WWI.

I settled my concept on a scoutish character, and brainstorming with the GM I'll be doing a nature oracle, but going first for animal ally+exotic heritage into eldritch heritage(sylvan), plus bonded mount revelation to have 3 animal companions at "Equivalent druid level" of not too delayed. All three animal companions will be hawks. I will later take boon companion and huntmaster(birds), so they will eventually beat ECL+1, ECL and ECL-2 in respective "EDL" power

I was thinking of having one of those hawk be feytouched archetype, primarily for the "extra spell known" it'd grant me, and another of those hawk be totem guide archetype, for even more "extra spell known"

Do you awesome guys and gals have any suggestion on what archetype to put or not put onto the third hawk? is expanding my spell list even more perhabs worth it? I intend to be more or less pure support

The actual sequence of acquisition will be animal ally at 4th level (retraining 3rd level feat) (hawk #1 at ECL-3), extra revelation (bonded mount, but not actually a mount) at 5th level (hawk 2# at ECL), eldritch heritage at 7th level (hawk #3 at ECL-5), boon companion at 9th level ( bringing hawk #3 at ECL-1), and finally huntsmaster at 11th level. Feats at first levle are nature soul and exotic heritage.

For reference, I'm a human with rolled stat of 18 16 15 13 12 11, I'm planning to go 11 15 16 13 12 18(+2), I'll be taking a reflavored pei zin archetype, Gm greenlighted me to take the channel revelation even if my mistery isn't life, and for now I0m thinking of going with the lycanthropy curse. At 1st and 7th revelation are taken away by the archetype giving me "lay on hands" and "mercies", at 3rd level I'm taking the channel, and at 11th level I'll probably take the Friends to animals revelation

I have no plan for further than 11th level, as I don't know what level we'll be ending up as. We're starting at 4th level and GM said the campaign should last about 12 to 18 months of mostly weekly sessions.

Thank you for any and all feedback!

corncobweb
2023-10-26, 02:48 PM
You are required to merge your Animal Ally into one of your other companions once you get another companion. But you can get another companion with Variant Multiclass into Druid, or Cleric with the right domain/inquisition. With GM approval you can get another with four levels in Cavalier, and the Horse Master feat.

Here is a document I've made on getting many animal companions:
dropbox.com/s/fab60iuiaclhjtp/Many%20Animal%20Companions.rtf?dl=0

Here is a guide on 4-level cavalier:
dropbox.com/s/7tj8zdrt6drdv68/Demi-Lancer.pdf?dl=0

(I'm not allowed to hyperlink)

ciopo
2023-10-26, 03:42 PM
I forgot to mention, this was originally meant to be fighter 1/ beastmaster ranger N, with the archetype for multiple animal companions.

I switched to oracle because that group "needed an healer", and I bit the bullet to do that role (yet again), but that got me some concession from the master for some houseruling/homebrew that let me stay true to the character concept of "scout with many hawks". Hence the channel energy even while my mistery isn't life, and having multiple hawks even while not having an archetype that let me do that anymore

sorry about this failure in communication

Thank you for the feedback all the same!