PDA

View Full Version : Bel's RHoD [OOC]

BelGareth
2023-10-17, 12:39 PM
Rҽԃ Hαɳԃ σϝ Dσσɱ

https://www.worldanvil.com/uploads/images/e567b02286d19f0becefec594e80366a.png

The dry hilltops danced with fire. Throughout the heart of the wild badlands known as the Wyrmsmokes, great bonfires had been kindled atop ridges overlooking Elsir Vale. Thousands of warriors had gathered - hobgoblins in crimson armor, robust bugbear berserkers, goblin worg riders, skirmishers, archers, and even the imposing scaled ones who often towered over the rest. For so long, they had fought each other - tribe against tribe, race against race - engaged in the endless test of battle, feuds, and betrayals. But tonight, they stood together, hated enemies shoulder-to-shoulder, shouting as brothers. They realized their strength, and together they danced, sang, and shook their blades at the stars hidden by the smoke overhead.

"We are the Kulkor Zhul!" they shouted, and the hills resonated with the thunder of their voices. "We are the People of the Dragon! Uighulth na Hargai! None can stand before us!"

One by one, the tribes fell silent. The clank of armor echoed as thousands turned to look at the Place of Speaking. A single champion emerged from the gathering and slowly climbed the ancient stone dais on the hillside. Beneath him, a hundred bright yellow banners stood like a phalanx of spears, each marked with a crimson hand. The warrior-priests holding the banners chanted battle-prayers.

On the hundredth step, he stopped and turned to face the waiting warriors. Tall and strong, one of the hobgoblin chieftains, his dull blue scales gleamed along his shoulders, and sweeping horns protruded from his head.

"I am Azarr Kul, Son of the Dragon!" he cried. "Hear me, warriors of the Kulkor Zhul! Tomorrow, we march to war!"

The warriors roared their approval, stamping their feet and clashing spear against shield. Azarr Kul waited, holding his hands aloft until they quieted again.

"The war-priests of the Doom Hand have shown us the way. They have taught us honor, discipline, obedience, and strength! No more will we waste our blood fighting each other. We will take the lands of the elf, the dwarf, and the human and make them ours! Under the banner of the Red Hand of Doom, we march to victory and conquest! Remember that you stood here this night, warriors of Kulkor Zhul! For a hundred generations, your sons and your sons' sons will sing of the blood spilled by your swords and the glory you will win in the nights to come! Now, my brothers - to WAR!"

The burning hills were too small to contain the shout the Kulkor Zhul gave in response to their warlord's call.

Here's my 16:

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
3.5 Eslir Vale

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
3-6 players

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
These Forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
6th level no LA buy off, Ghostfoot Gestalt (Gestalt levels at 1st, 3rd, 6th, 9th...)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
15000 gp

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or home-brewed classes?
No brew.

Hexblade class fix http://irongamersguild.wikidot.com/forum/t-248314/unofficial-fix-for-hexblades-from-an-official-source
Shadow caster fix http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=11610.msg397441#msg397441

Double mysteries per day
Mysteries are Int based
Mysteries = Spells and CL = Arcane CL for the purposes of qualifying for prestige classes
Add Sleight of Hand and Use Magic Device to class skills.
Fundamentals At Will at level 10

Sohei 3.5 update (dragon magazine 318)
Binder - online vestiges are fair game

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow home-brewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Humanoids preferred

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
32 point buy, max HP

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignment is in place for spells and spell affects. I'm lenient on Alignment restricted classes and Paladins have a more grey area.
Alignment is like the Pirate code, it's more of a guideline than an actual set of rules.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Have at, no penalty.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
DM will make his rolls and some of the players, Players, will make their rolls most of the time.

13. Are there any home-brewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Every class increases their skill points by 2
Feats every other level
Teleportation is blocked by force effects.
Gates work on the same plane
Retroactive skill points
Max 2 flaws (Dragon magazine flaws preferred, please request with edition number)
Fractional BAB and saves (only receive the +2 once per save)
up to 2 traits
1 xp = 5 gp for crafting and spells (no costly spell components)
This VoP (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16949396&postcount=15)
0% Psionic-Magic transparency
Tongues/Speak language affect don't work as per the spells, I will give you an interpretation of the language. (comes out to great RP and effects)
No PvP
Essentia investment is 1/4 levels, instead of 1/5 levels.
No early entry
No bloodlines
No truenaming
No item familiars (sentient items are fine)

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Yes, skirt length is fine.

Make sure to choose at least one of the character hooks:
adventure's start.

Vault of Vraath Keep: The PCs have comeacrossan old map in the hoard of amonster they defeated prior to the adventure (or are giventhe map by anonadventuringpatron or sponsor). The mapshowsthe location of Vraath Keep and hints o t hidden vault containing a great treasure.

War Drums in the Hills: Lord Jarmaath ofBrindol hears rumors from travelers that the goblins and hobgoblin tribes have banded together under acharismatic warlord. He hires the PCsto investioate.

Omens of Doom: Ahigh-level cleric who is a patron or sponsor of the PCs receives apowerful vision ofwardescend ing on Elsir Vale under the banner of a clawed red hand. He
sends the PCs toDrellin'sFerry toavert the foreseen disaster:

Message delivery: On of the PCs accepts ajob to delive Der a sealed message to one Soranna Anitah in Drellins Ferry. The contents of themessage can be anything plausible(notification of an inheritance, a generous job offerfrom Lord Jarmaath of Brindol, a message from asecret lover, or perhapsdetails about unusual hobgoblin activity in the lands ot the north and west).

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, role-playing, or a combination of the above?
Mostly hack and slash and role play.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rule books and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Any 3.5 WoTC and only WoTC, no brew whatsoever, so please do not ask.
Dragon compendium is fine
Dragonlance is not
Dragon magazine is not
3.0 is not
PF at request (do not deluge me with requests)

17. The Battered Mug Inn
Here is a small snippet I would like you to respond in kind to, consider it a small test of your roleplaying, i want to see what you make of it, how you respond, your writing style, etc. bonus points for creativity, etc.

As you step into the rustic Battered Mug Inn, the cozy warmth of the hearth washes over you, dispelling the chill of the outside world. The room is filled with the hearty laughter of patrons enjoying their drinks and meals. In the corner, a disheveled dwarf with a wild look in his eyes clutches a tankard of ale, swaying unsteadily.

"Aye, listen up, you lot! I've got a tale to tell, a tale that'll curl yer beards and chill yer spines. Hic! They call me Ol' Ironbeard, and I was once a proud trader on the Dawn Way, haulin' goods to and fro."

He takes a shaky sip of ale, some of it dribbling down his beard.

"But then, disaster struck! Hic! A vile green horde, the likes of which I've never seen, descended upon us like a plague of locusts! They razed me trade caravan, took our gold, and left me for dead!"

His eyes blaze with anger as he continues.

"Now, I've been tellin' anyone who'd listen about this green army, but they all think I've had too much of the ol' brew. They laugh, they scoff, and even now, look around ye! They don't believe a word I say!"

Ol' Ironbeard points a shaky finger at the other patrons, many of whom are indeed giving him skeptical glances.

"But I know what I saw! They're still out there, biding their time, and I won't rest until I've avenged me caravan and me honor!"

Ol' Ironbeard pounds his tankard on the table, spilling ale onto the worn wood.

"I need stout-hearted folk to join me in takin' on these green-skinned fiends. We'll track 'em down, give 'em a taste of their own medicine, and reclaim what's rightfully ours! If you've got the mettle for it, if you believe in justice and revenge, then raise yer voice and stand with Ol' Ironbeard! Hic!"

Format for Posting:

Speech will be in your chosen color.
Thought will be in Italics in your chosen color.
Character actions shall be in black.

Like so:

Griff decided he wasn't going to go without a fight;
"Hey! you, I don't think so!"
Oh I hope he doesn't know how to fight!

Campaign traits:
Treasure Seeker (Vault of Vraath Keep): Having stumbled upon the old map hinting at the hidden vault in Vraath Keep, your character has a keen eye for deciphering cryptic clues and an insatiable thirst for treasure. Once per day you can cast detect secret doors as a spell like ability.

Goblinbane Investigator (War Drums in the Hills): Tasked by Lord Jarmaath to investigate the goblin and hobgoblin alliance, your character possesses a deep-seated hatred for these creatures. You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls and saving throws against goblins and hobgoblins. Your relentless pursuit of these foes makes you an invaluable asset when combating them.

Bearer of Ominous Insight (Omens of Doom): As a representative of the high-level cleric who received the dire vision, your character has an innate connection to the supernatural. You can use this connection to sense impending danger. Once per day, you can ask the DM for a hint or foreshadowing related to an upcoming threat, allowing you to prepare more effectively.

Reliable Courier (Message Delivery): Your character's reputation as a reliable messenger is well-known in Drellin's Ferry and beyond. You have advantage on Charisma checks when dealing with individuals who are aware of your courier services. This reputation opens doors to valuable information and opportunities in your adventures.

Player
Character
Race
Classes
Alignment
Mug Inn

Auranghzeb
Novalis The Fateful (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2840513)
Tiefling
Harbinger 6 // LA +1 / Shadowcaster 2 (VoP)
Neutral, true, as Fate. Lawful inclinations
Yes (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25881590&postcount=14)

Cygnia
Tanna-Mai (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2840583)
Human
Beguiler 5 / Mindbender 1 // Warmage 3
Lawful Neutral
Yes (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25887691&postcount=136)

Alhallor
Telrayel bir'shian (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2841000)
Elf
Scout 6 // Ranger 3
Lawful Neutral
Yes (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25886200&postcount=115)

Metastachydium
Ringel Vosglad (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2840765)
Eneko
Barbarian 1 / Fighter 5 // Martial Rogue 2 / LA +1
Neutral Good
Yes (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25886299&postcount=116)

Player
Character
Race
Classes
Alignment
Mug Inn

u-b
Michael Burne (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2840978)
Human
Cloistered Cleric 4 / Church Inquisitor 2 // Crusader 2 / Ruby Knight Vindicator 1
Lawful Neutral
Yes (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25885043&postcount=89)

Bphill561
Sharess (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2842853)
Aasimar
Duskblade 5/ Knight of the Raven 1 // Aasimar 1 / Sha'ir 1 / Ur-Priest 1
Neutral Good
Yes (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25890128&postcount=145)

Links

Recruitment thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?660798-Bel-s-RHoD-3-5-RHoD)
IC thread: Chapter 1 (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?661455-Bel-s-RHoD-Chapter-1-IC)

Maps

https://partybickering.files.wordpress.com/2021/03/drellins-ferry-1.png

BelGareth
2023-10-17, 01:25 PM
Bphill561 and u-b i don't see you in the discord, so when you join let me know and I'll add you to the channels. (link is in my sig)

Cygnia
2023-10-17, 01:32 PM
"Laying claim to this particular shade of purple in Arial Narrow!"

Bphill561
2023-10-17, 01:56 PM
"I guess I will be true blue and careful off the law with all these Lawful folks."

Let me know if there is any issues with my flaws, can adjust as necessary. Again there were not any for my race/class.

BelGareth
2023-10-17, 02:07 PM
I will be reviewing sheets, etc. but we'll probably start the game while i do that.

u-b
2023-10-17, 02:10 PM
Michael will use this style for speech.

Alhallor
2023-10-17, 02:40 PM
Telrayel is just going to talk like that.

Metastachydium
2023-10-17, 03:24 PM
And I'll stick with the thick Dark Green.

BelGareth
2023-10-17, 03:47 PM
Telrayel is just going to talk like that.

I use bold for NPC's, if you can choose a color please?

Auranghzeb
2023-10-17, 04:30 PM
I'll use Cyan, because is a very moody and poetic color... or maybe because it's the one i'll remember picking...

Alhallor
2023-10-17, 11:27 PM
Is that color fine? Readable?

BelGareth
2023-10-17, 11:45 PM
Is that color fine? Readable?

Good for me

u-b
2023-10-18, 04:03 AM
I am not sure how much we've had to travel from where we have assembled as a team to where the game starts, but if it is like 100+ miles or so, Michael can provide the group with...
1. A carriage, good enough to move 6 people and some cargo, 100 gp.
2. Four light warhorses to propel it at speed of 60 even when fully loaded, 150*4 gp.
3. A Warrior 1 / Expert 1 sort of guy to drive the carriage and care about the horses, X gp/day.
4. Group tent, supplies, etc.

Good enough?

Auranghzeb
2023-10-18, 04:11 AM
I am not sure how much we've had to travel from where we have assembled as a team to where the game starts, but if it is like 100+ miles or so, Michael can provide the group with...
2. Four light warhorses to propel it at speed of 60 even when fully loaded, 150*4 gp.
3. A Warrior 1 / Expert 1 sort of guy to drive the carriage and care about the horses, X gp/day.

Good enough?

I think it is safe to assume we all met at the Battered Mug or on the road between the Battered Mug and Elsir Vale. That way we can use the old "met at an inn" without having to roleplay it too long.
Novalis has his own phantom steed he summons every 6 hours, so he's got transportation covered. Cant' say much about the other stuff because Vow of Poverty.

Metastachydium
2023-10-18, 04:58 AM

Good enough?

Ringel is as fast as a heavy horse and likes to walk, but won't say no to some ridesharing if the company is good.

I think it is safe to assume we all met at the Battered Mug or on the road between the Battered Mug and Elsir Vale. That way we can use the old "met at an inn" without having to roleplay it too long.

Good point, actually. Where is that, though?

Cant' say much about the other stuff because Vow of Poverty.

Hey, nobody mentioned doors!

BelGareth
2023-10-19, 02:00 PM
Novalis has his own phantom steed he summons every 6 hours, so he's got transportation covered. Cant' say much about the other stuff because Vow of Poverty.

I like that idea. lets just assume it was in Nimon's Gap, replacing the Cross-Eyed Beholder inn there.

Metastachydium
2023-10-19, 02:37 PM
Nimon's Gap

Someone's gonna like that! ([Happy Ringel noises from the background.])

BelGareth
2023-10-23, 05:33 PM
IC post is up.

u-b
2023-11-21, 02:27 PM
Know (local) [roll0] in case Michael knows any appropriate tribe(s) and/or can estimate Drellin's Ferry fighting strength
Know (geography, untrained, so caps at 10) [roll1] regarding Wyrmsmoke Mountains

u-b
2024-01-31, 02:49 PM
Let's call it low on [roll0]

BelGareth
2024-01-31, 03:05 PM
Let's call it low on [roll0]

and thats a bingo.

u-b
2024-01-31, 10:53 PM
And once more [roll0]

Alhallor
2024-02-01, 03:31 AM
I go for high.

[roll0]

u-b
2024-02-01, 01:40 PM
Know (arcana): [roll0]

u-b
2024-02-01, 01:41 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Alhallor
2024-02-01, 04:03 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

u-b
2024-02-02, 12:29 AM
Maneuvers granted now [roll0] [roll1] and next round [roll2]

u-b
2024-02-10, 12:57 AM
Fight with warhorse: [roll0] vs DC 20

Annoying Imp
2024-02-12, 12:40 AM
Fight with warhorse: [roll0] vs DC 20

I'm not participating and all, but just in case... usually, "fight with warhorse" is a DC 10 Ride check.

u-b
2024-02-12, 02:18 AM
That was overruled for Michael/Limbo in Discord OOC.

u-b
2024-02-23, 03:18 AM
Mounted combat: [roll0]

u-b
2024-02-23, 03:23 AM
Soft fall: [roll0]

u-b
2024-02-23, 03:58 AM
Confirm [roll0] for [roll1]

BelGareth
2024-02-24, 01:23 PM
We’ll be moving on without u-b, thanks

u-b
2024-02-24, 01:24 PM
Aaand, here we go our separate ways...

Annoying Imp
2024-03-04, 05:06 AM
With two characters missing, is there any chance of supplementary recruitment?

BelGareth
2024-03-04, 03:44 PM
With two characters missing, is there any chance of supplementary recruitment?

Not by posting in a OOC thread...seriously.