PDA

View Full Version : Making Homebrew from my Ten-Year old ambitions

Psyche
2023-10-21, 04:03 PM
When I was ten-ish, some of my friends weren't allowed to play dnd, so I made a game like it so my friends could play with me. It had roughly 120 classes, (only about 50 of which were developed further than a mere idea.) Now, this game was horrible, completely unbalanced in every way, but I still think some of my ten-year old ideas have merit, so, without further ado, here is every class I made as a kid, turned into either a subclass or a base class for dnd 5e. Enjoy!

Mystic Ambassador Warlock

You have been given a task, it doesn’t matter who your patron is, it is this task that defines all Mystic Ambassadors, get more followers for your patron. They give you magic and enough power to make deals with other mortals, for you can heal and save lives, but your main purpose? To bring those who would oppose your patron into your fold, through the application of magic they have given you. This is what being a Mystic Ambassador means, not that you are given power so you may serve your patron, but that you are given power so that others can.

Extended Spell List:
1st: Cure wounds, Charm Person

2nd: Suggestion, Lesser Restoration

3rd: Remove Curse, Revivify

4th: Charm Monster, Death Ward

5th: Greater Restoration, Raise Dead

Strike a deal
At 1st level, as an action, you may strike a deal with a willing creature within 90 ft of you as part of an action or bonus action that you take to cast a spell that heals or restores(removes a curse or disease) that creature. The creature is healed for the maximum amount of hit points the spell can give or is counted as being targeted by a restoration spell of one level higher than the slot the spell was cast with, and they incur one stack of debt per 3 spell levels, rounded up (max 3).
YOM (You owe me)
At 1st level, you gain the ability to channel your patron’s dealmaking energy to heal wounds. You have a pool of healing energy equal to 4 times your Warlock level. As a bonus action, you can heal one creature you can see that you are touching, expending energy from the pool. Your pool regains all expended energy when you finish a long rest. When you heal a creature this way, the creature incurs one stack of debt for every 10 hit points restored with this feature.
Can't Take It With You
Starting at 6th level, your link to your patron allows you to serve as a conduit for resurrection energy. When you cast a spell that restores life to a dead creature, you may take a piece of a willing creature’s soul to cast the spell without material components. That creature incurs a stack of debt equal to the spell’s level.
Debtor's Insurance
Starting at 10th level, your patron protects you and your debtors. You gain temporary hit points whenever you finish a short or long rest. These temporary hit points equal your warlock level + your Charisma modifier. Additionally, choose up to four creatures you can see at the end of the rest with stacks of debt on them. Those creatures each gain temporary hit points equal to their stacks of debt + your charisma modifier.
Eternally Grateful, with interest
Starting at 14th level, you may save a creature from death, putting them forever in your debt. When a willing creature dies within 90ft of you (or your talisman if you have the pact of the talisman), you may use your reaction to save them from death. They regain 1 hit point, fall unconscious, and have immunity to all damage for 1 minute or until they regain more hit points. Every three days after you take this reaction, the creature gains 1 stack of debt.
Debt:
Debt is controlled by your patron, creatures can have up to thirty points of debt on them at one time, and at any time your patron can use up any amount of debt on the creature to create one of the following effects, depending on how much debt your patron used.
1: Your patron can speak telepathically with the creature for 1 minute
2: Your patron can speak telepathically with the creature for 1 hour
3: Your patron can speak telepathically with and control what the creature senses for 1 minute
4: Your patron can speak telepathically with the creature for 8 hours and cast the Charm Monster spell on it at will(Automatic save fail.)
5: When the creature casts a spell, your patron can force it instead to cast a different spell of your patron’s choice of the same level, all other effects of the spell are under the creature’s
6: Your patron forces the creature to take an action of your patron’s choice.
7: Your patron can force the creature to fall unconscious for 1 minute, during this time the creature has resistance to all damage.
8: Your patron can force the creature to cast a spell of 2nd level or lower from the warlock spell list as a bonus action. The spell is cast at 2nd level, uses the creature’s highest stat as it’s spellcasting stat, and does not use up any of that creature’s spell slots.
9: Your patron permanently changes a creatures appearance, giving that creature a +2 or –2 on persuasion, and deception checks, and the opposite on intimidation checks(so a +2 to intimidation means a –2 to persuasion and deception, and vice versa)
10: Your patron can speak telepathically with the creature for 10 minutes, and during that time can cast the suggestion spell (Automatic save Fail) at will on the creature.
11: Your patron can cast geas (automatic save fail) on the creature at 5th level, communicating the task telepathically
12: Your patron can speak telepathically to the creature for 30 days
13: Your patron can force the creature to cast a spell of 5th level or lower from the warlock spell list as a bonus action. The spell is cast at 5th level, uses the creature’s highest stat as it’s spellcasting stat, and does not use up any of that creature’s spell slots.
14: Your patron controls the creature for 1 hour.
15: Your patron can cast geas (automatic save fail) on the creature at 9th level, communicating the task telepathically