PDA

View Full Version : Here he comes

BURNhollywoodBURN
2007-12-10, 11:19 AM
GO, GO SPEED RACER!
Indeed. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=tO2jcwgIi8o)
NOTE: The smiley given for this thread barely covers a fraction of my happiness on this subject.
Story time!
When I was a kid, I loved speed racer. Seriously. I loved it madly. We used to watch all the cassettes over and over again, me, my brother (who loved it more than any of us. Seriously, he was the king of loving speed racer) and my sister. We were all fans.
Sadly, as we became older (only a 4-5 year period, really) those times became memories. We never did stuff like that any more, sort of like Power Rangers (not the same as this though, the new ones suck badly). However, we never forgot them. Sometimes me and my brother watched those cassettes again, just to renew them. But later, they just sort of vanished into childhood moments.
And so begins the newer part of this story.
Watching the previews for The Golden Compass (not the best movie I've ever seen, mind you), a familiar sight came to me. I looked at the spinning WB and did have some relation to it, but I couldn't find it. Then the music started.
I literally went crazy.
My mouth dropped open. I gazed at the sight, hoping my siblings were thinking the exact thoughts that poured into my mind. speed. racer. movie. As I gazed at the screen, I came back to my old memories. The Mach 5, the kid and the monkey, (the mysterious) racer X... they were all there. The only memory that wasn't included in that trailer were the random milk ads placed throughout the movie, and thank god there were none. I was overcome with joy, and probably was more happy about the trailer than the movie itself.
My only negative view about this is that the Wachowski Brothers are making it, and well, you know, Matrix 2 and 3.
:eek:
But let us not shed light on such abominations! Let us discuss the miracle of Speed Racer: The Movie!

bluewind95
2007-12-10, 12:15 PM
Wow. I wasn't expecting to see that made into a movie. I liked the series. Even my mom liked it.

I'm just a bit skeptic over it since it's a live action movie... and I've seen series ruined by being turned into live action (Thunderbirds, anyone?). I hope they keep to the heart and soul of the series instead of changing it all to "fit the new audiences". It's really a shame to see what they sometimes do to movie adaptations of old series. Here's hoping they'll do well on this one.

Green Bean
2007-12-10, 12:27 PM
My outer adult thinks this is totally cheesy. My inner child thinks that this is awesome!

So far, the inner child is winning.

BURNhollywoodBURN
2007-12-10, 01:08 PM
Wow. I wasn't expecting to see that made into a movie. I liked the series. Even my mom liked it.

I'm just a bit skeptic over it since it's a live action movie... and I've seen series ruined by being turned into live action (Thunderbirds, anyone?). I hope they keep to the heart and soul of the series instead of changing it all to "fit the new audiences". It's really a shame to see what they sometimes do to movie adaptations of old series. Here's hoping they'll do well on this one.
Agreed. Also, like I said, it's being made by the same people who made The Matrix, so yeah. The trailer already has some parts that make it seem like it's possessed by Keanu Reeves.

Rogue 7
2007-12-11, 11:41 AM
My outer adult thinks this is totally cheesy. My inner child thinks that this is awesome!

So far, the inner child is winning.

O.K., I need to sig that, for some bizzare reason.

slipnslide
2008-04-18, 04:14 PM
not too many speed racer fans here...but i think th emovie is gonna be pretty sweet...

cool text in contest they are having (ends today) just text "fast" to 90736 and and you get quizzed on it...could win tix to the premiere...or even cooler..

LIFE SIZED MACH 5 (http://raceforspeedracer.com)

Archpaladin Zousha
2008-04-18, 07:03 PM
What is Speed Racer? And was that Gary Sinise at the end of the trailer?

Mr. Scaly
2008-04-18, 07:24 PM
Hehe. Not sure how to feel. It's sure to be cheesy, but the series was so cheesy to begin with! :smallwink:

Edan
2008-04-18, 10:09 PM
It looks like it might be worth it, but if history has taught us anything, live action movies based on video games and anime tend to fail...horribly.

I want to see it, cheesy or not, I have to, just because it is Speed Racer.

Obrysii
2008-04-19, 12:41 PM
What is Speed Racer?

Speed Racer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_racer)

...an old cartoon.

Archpaladin Zousha
2008-04-19, 02:29 PM
Oh, I see. I'd heard about it but I didn't understand it. So they're making a live action movie of it, eh?