PDA

View Full Version : Teleport Self only+50lbs and animal companion.

Yogibear41
2023-11-18, 02:35 PM
Have a wildshape ranger planar shepherd of hell and use my self only teleport(from devil wildshapes) to do alot of my long range travel, am looking at finally grabbing an animal companion such as a dire bear. Looking for ways that I can bring my companion with me when I teleport. Share spell specifically does not work for SLAs, and a Dire Bear is waaay to big to jump into a bag of holding.

Inevitability
2023-11-18, 02:39 PM
Aspect of the Wolf can downsize your companion to Medium for a short while, hopefully allowing for the bag of holding solution you mention.

edit: And then follow it up with Reduce Animal, if you can cast 3rd-level spells already. Small should work well enough, right?

Ramza00
2023-11-18, 02:45 PM
Have a wildshape ranger planar shepherd of hell and use my self only teleport(from devil wildshapes) to do alot of my long range travel, am looking at finally grabbing an animal companion such as a dire bear. Looking for ways that I can bring my companion with me when I teleport. Share spell specifically does not work for SLAs, and a Dire Bear is waaay to big to jump into a bag of holding.

Pathfinder, not 3.5 has the Carry Companion spell (aka a Pokeball)

Ask your DM if you can backport it.

SangoProduction
2023-11-18, 03:30 PM
Also Pathfinder, but Spheres of Power:
The Warp sphere has the Extradimensional Torpor feat, which can be taken after just 1 feat for Basic Spherecasting, which gives you CL 1, and 1 talent. (Actually, it's a legendary talent, not a feat. My bad. But can still be taken as a feat with Extra Magical Talent. So same difference at the end of the day. You just need explicit DM permission, which you would already need to use Pathfinder in the first place.)
You take Warp sphere.
You then take a warp-specific drawback to exchange your teleport ability (from the sphere) for Extradimensional Storage to qualify for Extradimensional Torpor.

Anyway, to explain Torpor: You gain a permanent extradimensional space that can be used to store creatures in a state of a deep trance. This space may store up to 6 creatures at once.
Can you guess the inspiration?
Regardless, pretty sweet ability. You can even expel your creatures as a free action, letting you be a human-(or otherwise shapeshifting druid)-clown car.

Yogibear41
2023-11-18, 05:37 PM
Carry companion lools like it would work great thanks. Just have to ask DM.

ShurikVch
2023-11-19, 06:50 AM
If the spell wouldn't work - Shrink Collar (Arms and Equipment Guide) would shrink your Companion down to Small size

Another variant is to take a dip in Companion Familiar to use variant rules from Tome and Blood:

You and your familiar can even share spells that normally do not affect creatures of the familiar's type (which is usually magical beast). The shared spell need not be arcane; any spell you can cast on yourself can also affect your familiar. You also can share spell-like and supernatural abilities, provided you can target yourself with them. You can share the effects of magic items, but only spells or spell-like abilities that you can target on yourself. For example, Hennet and his familiar can both benefit from a mage armor spell cast from a wand, but they cannot share the armor bonus from bracers of armor.