PDA

View Full Version : Board Issue Network Protection Error

Thunder999
2023-11-19, 10:46 AM
I get

Network Protocol Error

An error occurred during a connection to forums.giantitp.com.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the network protocol was detected.

Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

After posting or editing a post, the actual post does go through, it just goes to that error instead of the thread.
Error says to inform web site owner so I am.

I'm on the latest version of Firefox on Windows 10.

It didn't happen with this post though.
OK so it mostly seems to be this thread for a PBP game (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?661942-Pok%E9mon-I-want-to-be-the-very-best-Group-1-(UK)), which is odd.

Algeh
2023-11-21, 01:49 AM
Based on this thread:

Possibly on my end, but I've been getting this error message on Firefox intermittently for the last month or so.

and this thread:

Hello. Every so often, as of a couple weeks ago, when I've been loading pages I get an error message that reads as follows;

"Network Protocol Error

An error occurred during a connection to forums.giantitp.com.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the network protocol was detected.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

There is a button to try again and this generally fixes it right up, but as it told me to contact the website owners I've decided to do... ergo this thread. So there you go. Seems like it could be an important thing.

I'm guessing that this has to do with the special character in the word Pokemon in the URL for that thread.