PDA

View Full Version : Better Scrolls?

tepes
2023-11-19, 10:48 PM
So I vividly remember reading in (I believe) a dragon magazine issue a type of magic item that functioned almost exactly like scrolls but was actually cheaper to make and could be used by anyone, but of course I cannot for the life of me remember what they were called or where I found them, and my google fu has failed me. All I remember about them is that I believe they were described as small clay tiles or sticks with runes carved in them that would cast the spell when broken (I remember at the time thinking that they reminded me of the little summoning sticks that Ainz uses against Shalltear in Overlord) So I humbly come seeking aid from the masters in the playground.

much thanks in advance for any help:smalltongue:

daremetoidareyo
2023-11-20, 01:08 AM
So I vividly remember reading in (I believe) a dragon magazine issue a type of magic item that functioned almost exactly like scrolls but was actually cheaper to make and could be used by anyone, but of course I cannot for the life of me remember what they were called or where I found them, and my google fu has failed me. All I remember about them is that I believe they were described as small clay tiles or sticks with runes carved in them that would cast the spell when broken (I remember at the time thinking that they reminded me of the little summoning sticks that Ainz uses against Shalltear in Overlord) So I humbly come seeking aid from the masters in the playground.

much thanks in advance for any help:smalltongue:

Complete arcane has item variations, amongst which are spell tiles. The craft skull talisman feat also functions similarly

Troacctid
2023-11-20, 01:18 AM
Is it Etch Rune from Dragon #324?

tepes
2023-11-20, 09:18 AM
Is it Etch Rune from Dragon #324?

yes!!! that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a million:smallbiggrin: