PDA

View Full Version : A Dragon Thanksgiving Campaign

Bartmanhomer
2023-11-20, 03:23 AM
Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, I feel like there should be a holiday theme campaign involving dragons, food family & friends. So here is the intro: Io the dragon deity leader of the Draconic Pantheon cordially invited everyone (dragons & non-dragons) alike to spend Thanksgiving as a family to put their difference aside for one day. But not everyone is on the same page, Tiamat and her younger brothers Faluzure and Garyx are plotting to ruin their father's Thanksgiving celebration. It's up to the hero to stop the dragon deity trio for the sake of Thanksgiving and family.

So what does everyone else think of this campaign idea?

H_H_F_F
2023-11-20, 06:55 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun and very cute, but I don't think I'd run it in 3.5 / pathfinder. I feel like a less-involved and less combat focused system would do better.

Bartmanhomer
2023-11-20, 05:51 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun and very cute, but I don't think I'd run it in 3.5 / pathfinder. I feel like a less-involved and less combat focused system would do better.

Fair enough. Are there any other game systems you recommend? :smile:

Chronos
2023-11-20, 09:41 PM
Io invited everyone? I hope he has a lot of card tables tucked in the back of his closet...

Bartmanhomer
2023-11-21, 12:56 AM
Io invited everyone? I hope he has a lot of card tables tucked in the back of his closet...

He's True Neutral. So he's cool with everyone.

H_H_F_F
2023-11-21, 01:41 AM
He's True Neutral. So he's cool with everyone.

I think the issue Chronos was pointing to wasn't who the guests are, but how many of them will come. "Everyone" is a lot of people. It's all the people, in fact.

Fair enough. Are there any other game systems you recommend? :smile:

Unfortunately, my familiarity with systems outside D&D is too shallow. You might want to ask for advice on that in the general Roleplaying forum.

Chronos
2023-11-21, 01:44 PM
Yeah, and let's face it, if a dragon-god invited me over for supper, man, I'm totally going.

Bartmanhomer
2023-11-22, 12:23 PM
To add more clarification Io is inviting humans, elves, dwarves, halflings, orcs, gnomes, dragons, and kobolds. :smile:

Maat Mons
2023-11-22, 01:11 PM
No lizardfolk? No spellscales? No dragonborn?

Bartmanhomer
2023-11-22, 01:14 PM
No lizardfolk? No spellscales? No dragonborn?

Thanks for reminding me. They're included too plus half-dragons and yuan-ti.

H_H_F_F
2023-11-22, 01:20 PM
To add more clarification Io is inviting humans, elves, dwarves, halflings, orcs, gnomes, dragons, and kobolds. :smile:

Are certain particular ones invited, or are all humans invited?

Bartmanhomer
2023-11-22, 01:22 PM
Are certain particular ones invited, or are all humans invited?

All humans are invited. :wink: