PDA

View Full Version : A Quickie Question on Racial Spell-Like Abilities

HumanFighter
2023-11-20, 04:05 PM
So I made a Gnome character recently for Pathfinder 1e and it says in the Race's description that they get a certain amount of cantrips and 1st-level spells, 1/day. I am confused by this. Does that mean they get a once per day spell pool, and these listed spells/cantrips are your options?? (I think it's ghost sound, speak with animals, dancing lights, etc...) So they get to pick and choose one of those given spells, cast it, and then they can cast no more spells from their Race for that day?

Or, is it that they get to cast each listed spell ONE time per day, for a total of 4 spell castings per day from their Race?

I searched all over the Core Rulebook and even the Bestiary, but still could not find the answer. Please help me figure this out.

Tzardok
2023-11-20, 05:13 PM
Each one once per day.

Edit: It's listed in the book in the following manner: 1/day — dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, and speak with animals. This is the typical way of listing spell-like abilities, where the x/day at the beginning applies to each ability afterwards seperately.

HumanFighter
2023-11-20, 05:18 PM
Each one once per day.

Edit: It's listed in the book in the following manner: 1/day — dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, and speak with animals. This is the typical way of listing spell-like abilities, where the x/day at the beginning applies to each ability afterwards seperately.

I thank you