PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten realms adventures.

Mordokai
2007-12-11, 03:03 PM
I'd like a name of good, low to middle level Forgotten realms adventure. Basicaly, anything from level one to twelve goes. Faerun is something I'd like the most, but Sembia or Anauroch are just as fine. Underdark is something that I would like to be avoided since I would prefer adventure where heroes strive for noble cause. While I'm aware there is much chance for that in Underdark I would still like to avoid it.

Basicaly, give me a name of any adventure that fits everythin that was writen. Good aventure, level one to twelve, preferably Faerun. It would also be nice if it is easy to DM since it would be my first adventure I'd be Dming. The reason I'm looking for FR adventure is that so far we only played Greyhawk and Eberron, and I would LOVE to play a little bit of Forgotten realms as well, since it was my first campaign settings. On computer, but still.

If thread like this was already up, please point me in right direction.

kkortekaas
2007-12-11, 03:17 PM
I'd suggest checking out Piazo's archieves for Dungeon adventures, failing that perhaps the new Undermountain adventure or the first adventure in the new mega adventure series (Cormyr: Tearing of the Weave)

Renegade Paladin
2007-12-11, 03:58 PM
I just got done running Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave. It's a good adventure, but beware the inaccurate stat blocks; it seems that no employee of Wizards of the Coast is even vaguely aware of how to use their own character creation system. :smallannoyed:

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-12-11, 04:06 PM
Not to nit pick, but sembia and anauroch are part of Faerun, seeing as Faerun is the entire contanent, and aber-toril is the place of existance.

Fun adventure are to be found near any of the dales, particularly mistdale, which is detailed greatly in FRCS. Though specific adventures escape me.

Hawriel
2007-12-11, 04:10 PM
I saw an adventure campain book for shadowdale at the book store.

Mordokai
2007-12-11, 05:03 PM
Not to nit pick, but sembia and anauroch are part of Faerun, seeing as Faerun is the entire contanent, and aber-toril is the place of existance.

Yeah, I'm ashamed to admit I'm not as familiar with FR topography as I would like to be, so that was mistake on my part. That DID always give me a problem.

Renegade Paladin
2007-12-11, 05:12 PM
I saw an adventure campain book for shadowdale at the book store.
Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land is the sequel to the aforementioned Cormyr campaign. It can be run as a stand-alone adventure, but it makes more sense when tied into the first book. Running the two together should get you from level 1 to about 12 or 13, which seemed to be what you're looking for. The third part, Anauroch: The Empire of Shade, runs up to level 17 or so.

Triaxx
2007-12-11, 08:59 PM
If you're looking for something entertaining, converting either parts or the whole of Baldur's Gate into a 3.5e adventure is well worth the effort. If you want something quick and simple to play, say over the course of a single session, try converting the Firewine Ruins. Filled with mass numbers of Kobolds and a very nasty Ogre Mage it's quite the challenge.

Mordokai
2007-12-12, 05:34 AM
That was one of the ideas. I am, however, afraid that most of my group is too familiar with BG saga to make it for interesting adventure. It may be an unfounded fear, I'll have to ask it. The problem would be to convert 2ed monsters to 3.5ed, since I have no experience in doing that.

Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave looks like interesting choice, thanks for that. If anybody has any other ideas, please, do share them.

Triaxx
2007-12-12, 09:40 AM
Fortunately, I don't know of any monsters that don't have 3.5 versions already. The island maze from the expansion was also upwards in levels.

Icewind Dale is also fun in 3.5 but since it was more hack and less yak, it's not as much fun for roleplaying.