PDA

View Full Version : The gladiators are coming

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-12-11, 03:35 PM
I found out last night while watching tv that American Gladiators is making a return to NBC on January 6th. The next generation of AG will be the 8th season of the show after a 12 year hiatus. I for one am completely and utterly stoked about this. I loved watching American Gladiators on Saturday mornings growing up, and will still watch reruns on ESPN Classic when I see it on. Is anyone else excited for the return of contestants duking out against the gladiators in events such as assault, joust, powerball, and the eliminator to name a few.

ALOR
2007-12-11, 03:49 PM
yeah I will probably check it out.
Of course Hulk Hogan is going to be one of the comentators, so you better take your vitamens and do your home work brother!!!!!!!!!!!! :smallbiggrin:

RandomLogic
2007-12-11, 05:38 PM
It most definitely does look awesome. I probably won't watch it religously, but I would like to catch it a couple times.

I watch the old ones on occasion if nothing is on.

Glawackus
2007-12-11, 08:09 PM
yeah I will probably check it out.
Of course Hulk Hogan is going to be one of the comentators, so you better take your vitamens and do your home work brother!!!!!!!!!!!! :smallbiggrin:

Oh my goodness, I just had the best idea ever. Chaotic Good Barbarian who talks like Hulk Hogan.:smallbiggrin:

But yeah, American Gladiators coming back is going to be all kinds of awesome.

ALOR
2007-12-12, 09:52 AM
Oh my goodness, I just had the best idea ever. Chaotic Good Barbarian who talks like Hulk Hogan.:smallbiggrin:

Oh my god that just screams win (warning, your gaming group may kill you if you really do this. :smallbiggrin: )
I will join your group and make a fighter who will only eat small links of dried meat and calls himself The Macho man "Oh Yeah, Snap into a Slim Jim" :smallcool:

Rare Pink Leech
2007-12-13, 11:43 AM
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I loved watching the original when I was younger. On the other hand, I support the WGA in the TV strike and I hate reality TV in general, so I'm not sure if I want to add to its ratings. That said, I'm still probably going to watch it (or at least give it a try) for old time's sake.