PDA

View Full Version : Just horsing around part 2

herrhauptmann
2007-12-11, 03:36 PM
Well I got a lot of help from you guys a while back and I figured I'd come to you for more.
Me and a buddy are starting a campaign where the whole goal is to mess around. He's making either a half-ogre fighter6 warhulk 5, or a troll something. Now he's got some questions that I can't answer or find the answer for. Both races receive DR to start with, and there are feats to give bonus DR. Do these sources of DR stack with the DR granted by the barbarian class, or that given by adamantine armor.

Also, we've both seen a feat that grants greater levels of fast-healing, but can't find the verbage or the book.

Would appreciate some more help.
Thanks

Draz74
2007-12-11, 09:11 PM
I don't know which DR-increasing feats you're planning on using, but the default rule for DR is that it does not stack. Many (but certainly not all) sources of DR state that they are exceptions to this rule.

And the most obvious source of a feat that grants you Fast Healing is the Epic "Fast Healing" feat from the Epic Handbook.

Grynning
2007-12-11, 09:19 PM
There is the Faster Healing Feat from Complete Warrior, but that just decreases healing down time for those without any other form of fast healing/regeneration.

Two sources of the same kind of DR don't stack, but two different types of DR can apply separately, as far as I know. For instance, if you had DR 5/Cold Iron from your race or class and the DR 2/- from medium Adamantine armor, you would apply which ever worked best against a particular attack. So, most weapons would be affected by the DR 5, but if someone had a Cold Iron weapon, you could apply the DR 2 from the armor. I don't think you would ever apply both.

However, some items, feats, class features explicitly state that they stack with existing DR, so obviously, they do. (Which implies that other things don't).

herrhauptmann
2007-12-12, 01:50 AM
Thanks, we found 'thickskinned' in one of the monstermanuals. DR increases by 2

Quietus
2007-12-12, 01:52 AM

There's also Endure Blows in the Draconomicon, but that requires that you be a Dragon. I believe there's also a fast healing feat for them in there, but don't quote me on that.

Xefas
2007-12-12, 02:08 AM

There's also "Roll With It". While I think Thick-Skinned only increases existing DR, Roll With It gives you 2/-, and stacks with itself if you take it multiple times.