PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Fall War 5e

samduke
2023-12-01, 07:48 AM
Link to Recruiting (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?661948-Very-high-level-gestalt-game)
Link to IC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?662466-Dragon-Fall-War-5e&p=25918370)

This is the OOC for Dragonfall War please claim a speach color but for the sake of my eyes no light colors

as GM I reserve the folllowing colors ALL forms of RED

Post rate expectations: I would like to see at the very minimum of 1 post a week, I check in daily but may or may not post daily.

I do not have a mapping utility or plan to get one, so this will be theater of the mind with giving the most advantage towards the player

Notation: You all will not know each other ; other than from legend or word of mouth IE Hi I am Alpha, nice to meet you Beta I have heard of you someplace.

Patron Deities

Azuth, God of Wizards LN

Chauntea, Goddess of Agriculture NG

Deneir, God of Writing NG

Eldath, Goddess of Peace NG

Gond, God of Craft N

Helm, God of Protection LN

Ilmater, God of Endurance LG

Kelemvor, God of the Dead LN

Lathander, God of Birth and Renewal NG

Leira, Goddess of Illusion CN

Mask, God of Thieves CN

Mielikki, Goddess of Forests NG

Milil, God of Poetry and Song NG

Mystra, Goddess of Magic NG

Oghma, God of Knowledge N

Savras, god of Divination and Fate LN

Selûne, Goddess of the Moon CG

Silvanus, God of Wild Nature N

Sune, Goddess of Love and Beauty CG

Tempus, God of War N

Torm, God of Courage and Self-sacrifice LG

Tymora, Goddess of Good Fortune CG

Tyr, God of Justice LG

Waukeen, Goddess of Trade N

Bahamut, Dragon God of Good LG

Corellon Larethian, Elf Deity of Art and Magic CG

Deep Sashelas, Elf God of the Sea CG

Eadro, Merfolk Deity of the Sea N

Garl Glittergold, Gnome God of Trickery and Wiles LG

Moradin, Dwarf God of Creation LG

Rillifane Rallathil, Wood Elf God of Nature CG

Sehanine Moonbow, Elf Goddess of the Moon CG

Semuanya, Lizardfolk Deity of Survival N

Skerrit, Centaur and Satyr God of Nature N

Skoraeus Stonebones, God of Stone Giants and Art N

Yondalla, Halfling Goddess of Fertility and Protection LG

World map for this game

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/7496599d-01b9-4cc1-87e2-6c6313c4df5f/ddpiz2n-c0dc6ed4-feb5-4c71-a590-ed810910d6d9.png/v1/fill/w_1024,h_576,q_80,strp/the_known_world_fantasy_map__no_labels__by_savingt hrower_ddpiz2n-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI 1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNh NWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMT g4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7 ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNzQ5NjU5OW QtMDFiOS00Y2MxLTg3ZTItNmM2MzEzYzRkZjVmXC9kZHBpejJu LWMwZGM2ZWQ0LWZlYjUtNGM3MS1hNTkwLWVkODEwOTEwZDZkOS 5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46 c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.I0Ilk4clHYfRK za-lzUJxVcaLjoSmE2tV7m6nmKGqfU

Edited

samduke
2023-12-01, 07:49 AM
In the role of Tank
redfeline Doctor Harmony Glimmertoe Stout Halfling Barbarian (Giant) 14 // Fighter (Psi Warrior) 14

In the role of Arcane Caster
Starmage21 Juste Arobe Ott Warforged Wizard (Abjurer) 14//Artificer (Battle Smith) 14

In the role of Divine Caster
Benoojian Wendell Frank Tortle Druid (Stars) 14//Cleric (Light) 14

In the role of Theif
Triskavanski Athanasius Tabaxi Rogue (Assassin) 14// Bard (Whispers) 14

Lioslaith
2023-12-01, 08:10 AM
This will be the character I will be playing https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets//?id=2854886. I'll try and talk in this color.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIG.Y1CzxbVx1CerSU1lKNwv?pid=ImgGn

Triskavanski
2023-12-01, 03:55 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ab/64/ef/ab64efdad2be4f5659b00324e9980371.jpg

Athanasius (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2856020)
Tabaxi Assassin Rogue | Collage of Whisper's Bard
HP: 129 AC:15 Init:10
Bardic Inspiration: 4
Voice: "Now that... Is a secret."

Starmage21
2023-12-01, 04:37 PM
Juste will speak in Bold Dark Grey
His thoughts will be italicized Dark Grey

Juste Arobe Ott (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2820734)

https://www.enworld.org/attachments/1613153097092-png.132641/

Class A: Artificer (Battle Smith) 14
Class B: Wizard (Abjurer) 14
Race: Warforged
Background: Guild Artisan
Ht./Wt.: 6'4"/294 lbs
Hair/Eyes: Dark-Stained Maplewood/Gold and Silver filigree

Description: Juste appears more like a small golem or Shield Guardian than a typical warforged. Ironwood arms and legs that move and flex like humanoid flesh is covered by the plates of Mithril and Adamantine alloy throughout his body. His build is muscular but not stylized as the fantastic large perfect specimen, but rather more akin to a competition runner. Juste's face is also strikingly human, with a fully articulating jaw outlined in silver and shocks of golden teeth when he speaks.

Personality: Reserved and reticent around new folks. Others have mistook this for aloof self-absorption at times. Once comfortable amongst friends, more outgoing and extroverted. Always looking for humor and comedy in situations and more than willing to self-denigrate to achieve a laugh from his friends.

Step 1: write five things about your character’s concept and background, five things that you think are the most essential parts of your character. You don’t have to stop at five, if you like…this is just a minimum.

Juste was not created in the standard fashion as typical warforged. His physical form was created as the basis for a Shield Guardian that was later awakened.
Juste is fascinated by all things magical, and is focused not just in the formation of spells, but the implementation of magic into devices which can be used by anyone.
His Staff of Power is covered in runes, which is not the standard for magical notation amongst human practitioners of magic. The runes themselves are slight variations on both the dwarven language and that of giants.
Juste believes there is no one right way to do things, especially in a world where magic seemingly responds to the willpower of practitioners. One must be flexible to proceed and not be set on one particular path.
Violence is often necessary, but should never be desired. When necessary, it should be instant and overwhelming or not at all.
Juste is not sure he bears a soul. He knows that typical warforged have confirmed that they indeed do, but his construction is not the same.

Step 2: List two goals for the character that you, as a player, think would be cool to see accomplished in-game.

Acquire or create the formula for a Staff of The Magi, then construct it. This is the master-work which will serve as his contribution to magical study.
Determine if he has a soul. If not, get one.

Step 3: List two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help in creating plots that center around your character.

Juste has slain more than one person in cold blood on behalf of his guild. Any government would consider these murders, but Juste believes they were justified as those slain were guilty of wrongdoings.
(Unknown) The animating life-force that powers Juste is actually an ancient failed lich who tried to make an animate construct the container which protected his soul. The lich's calculations were sabotaged by a rival and he is forever trapped. This life-force draws Juste towards evil, though his desire is ultimately to do good.

Step 4: Describe three people that are tied to the character through blood, romance or honor. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. All can do something useful for you, if you can get the situations to line up.

Guild Master Oneth Avestrum sponsored Juste's entry into his guild early in his career after Juste worked for him as a mercenary. A shrewd business man, Oneth recognized that Juste would garauntee continued revenues to The Guild as a tireless craftsman, and only recognized his talents in other areas after years of working together.
Guy Maximus - A gladiator turned mercenary, frequently in the employ of Guild Master Avestrum, and thus has worked closely with Juste for more than ten years. The two have a solid working relationship together and a deep respect for the other's craft.
(Hostile) Aleksandr Albright - A well known and respected member of a rival merchant's guild. Aleksandr believes Juste is responsible for Avestrum's Guild being more successful than his own, and has no respect for the "artificial man".

Step 5: Describe three memories that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.

Juste's first memory is waking up in an alchemical laboratory standing over the quickly moldering corpse of some unknown humanoid. It seemed natural that as he was innately familiar with nearly all of the tools present that he should consume the available information on hand. He spent the next several weeks reading every volume within the lab.
It took more than five years of careful study for Juste to manifest his first prestidigitation, but his ability as a practitioner of magic was remarked upon by other guild wizards and artificers as growing faster than most.
The first time one of Juste's works sold for more than fair market price, he was absolutely elated. The event confirmed to him that his work bore some facet of desirability, and that it could sustain him.

Artificer Spell Slots (1st-4th): 4/3/3/1
Artificer Spells Prepared: (12)
Cantrips: Green Flame Blade, Booming Blade, Mending, Guidance

Heroism, Shield, Faerie Fire, Cure Wounds, Sanctuary
Branding Smite, Warding Bond, Lesser Restoration, Heat Metal, Spider Climb, Darkvision
Aura of Vitality, Conjure Barrage, Revivify, Water Walk, Create Food and Water, Fly
Aura of Purity, Fire Shield, Fabricate

Wizard Spell Slots (1st-7th): 4/3/3/3/2/1/1
Wizard Spells Prepared: (19)
Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Mind Sliver, Shocking Grasp, Prestidigitation, Light

Magic Missile, Shield, Absorb Elements
Scorching Ray, Misty Step, Web
Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Remove Curse
Evard's Black Tentacles, Summon Aberration, Raulothim's Psychic Lance, Banishment, Polymorph
Teleportation Circle, Summon Draconic Spirit
Disintegrate
Forcecage, Teleport

Benoojian
2023-12-01, 07:10 PM
Wendell Frank (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2857405) the Divine Light will speak in a Green tone of voice
On another note I wasn't sure what pantheon we were using so I don't have a deity (yet?)

samduke
2023-12-01, 07:31 PM
Wendell Frank (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2857405) the Divine Light will speak in a Green tone of voice
On another note I wasn't sure what pantheon we were using so I don't have a deity (yet?)

Pick one that fits the character best or just worship an ideal

Okay gang just waiting for red to arrive but feel free to start posting in IC

Lioslaith
2023-12-02, 07:12 AM
What do we know about the dragons, as in what is common knowledge? Or knowledge the characters would know growing up in this world?

samduke
2023-12-02, 08:52 AM
What do we know about the dragons, as in what is common knowledge? Or knowledge the characters would know growing up in this world?

considering you are level 14, I will say that your characters will definitely know about them, perhaps even encountered a "SMALL" one. (wyrmling maybe juvenile)

Common knowledge: most are evil or presumed as such. most tend to destroy or take what they want ie gold, livestock ect..

Lioslaith
2023-12-02, 08:59 AM
Would we know which ones are presumed to hold the crystals?

samduke
2023-12-02, 09:08 AM
Would we know which ones are presumed to hold the crystals?

yes your characters were given the information

The mystical creature stops speaking long enough for the true situation to sink in and then continues. We believe that there can be salvation if you the chosen hero's can but succeed at what is certainly a legendary task that could end in death. It is foretold that there are 5 crystals kept by the five greatest calamities known to mankind. Yes I speak of dragons and not just the minor pests that have been causing havoc here and there, but rather these are the ones that quite possibly created each of the chromatic dragons that you all know of. They themselves only being created by the mother of dragons.

Lioslaith
2023-12-02, 09:09 AM
Well I was meaning more like names and rough locations. Like Gelidon in the northern reaches of the somethingorother mountains....

samduke
2023-12-02, 09:31 AM
Well I was meaning more like names and rough locations. Like Gelidon in the northern reaches of the somethingorother mountains....

no your characters were given this information

You will be left to your own devices, methods and means to complete this quest, what it is that you will need to do with the crystals is unknown but perhaps more information will be learned as they are gathered. Should you win the day and defeat evil the rewards are bound to be legendary, even beyond what the good king here can offer. With that the mystical creature falls silent.

samduke
2023-12-02, 09:32 AM
*Side note*
your characters would have common knowledge that certain dragons "colors" do tend to reside in certain areas

As it has been asked I decided to list my world Patron Deities that you may follow - see post #1

Lioslaith
2023-12-02, 04:47 PM
Rolls as requested

[roll0] knowledge local

[roll1] Investigation

samduke
2023-12-02, 05:49 PM
Rolls as requested

[roll0] knowledge local

[roll1] Investigation

no knowledge specific but your character would had heard that the archives are very.. very.. very.. ordered.. - think major library system how they keep books ect and put that on steroids for these archives

redfeline
2023-12-02, 10:46 PM
Sorry for the delay, I am very much on the tail end of norovirus. So I really haven't done much in the last week.

Doctor harmony (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2856161) will speak in purple which I hope is distinct from the others.

samduke
2023-12-03, 02:02 AM
Hope your feeling better

redfeline
2023-12-03, 07:11 PM
Still not 100% but a bit better each day. I will try to go to work tomorrow.

samduke
2023-12-03, 07:13 PM
Waiting for everyone to post for the opening before progressing

Starmage21
2023-12-04, 09:19 AM
Waiting for everyone to post for the opening before progressing

getting this done TODAY

Benoojian
2023-12-05, 02:50 PM
Sorry I got sick for a few days

samduke
2023-12-05, 06:35 PM
Sorry I got sick for a few days

Apperantly going around

samduke
2023-12-05, 06:37 PM
replenish spell components, i will do a slight retcon for you on this, as that is something the mystical creature does, list items and values of, that your looking for

Starmage21
2023-12-06, 09:44 AM
replenish spell components, i will do a slight retcon for you on this, as that is something the mystical creature does, list items and values of, that your looking for

If you use an Arcane Focus, you do not need spell components that do not have a listed cost.

That said, I have a number of spells I cant even cast because they cost more than the GP we were given :P

Someone wanna loan me like 600gp so I can get the ruby thing you need to cast Forecage? :D

redfeline
2023-12-06, 01:30 PM
I am waiting on an IC post, to see how catwing responds.

edit:

I am mentioning this so you know why I haven't posted in a bit. No need to rush on my account.

samduke
2023-12-06, 01:38 PM
If you use an Arcane Focus, you do not need spell components that do not have a listed cost.

That said, I have a number of spells I cant even cast because they cost more than the GP we were given :P

Someone wanna loan me like 600gp so I can get the ruby thing you need to cast Forecage? :D
The stuff thst has no listed costs, pick up lust the expensives your looking at and i will see if mystical has it

samduke
2023-12-06, 01:39 PM
I am waiting on an IC post, to see how catwing responds.

edit:

I am mentioning this so you know why I haven't posted in a bit. No need to rush on my account.

Right ..busy rl at this exact moment

okay I found time to finish the door sequence

Benoojian
2023-12-06, 04:26 PM
I mostly need as many diamonds as I can get, but I'll put up a proper list, probably late tonight

samduke
2023-12-06, 05:45 PM
I mostly need as many diamonds as I can get, but I'll put up a proper list, probably late tonight

hrm a quick google-fu for Cleric & Druid Costly Componants

This includes spells from PH, XGtE, and TCoE, if there are others feel free to list. but this is what the Mystical Creature has that they will give to you for the party.

Powdered silver 500 gp worth
Holy Water 500 gp worth
Rubys 25 gp each, 500 gp worth
Powdered diamond/Diamond dust 500 gp worth
Diamonds 25 gp each, 500 gp worth
Rare Incense 500 gp worth
Herbs 100 gp worth
Oils 100 gp worth
Ivory 100 gp worth
Bones 100 gp worth
Ointment (mushroom powder, saffron, and fat) 500 gp worth
Hollow gilded acorn 500 gp worth
Agates 25 gp each, 500 gp worth
Unguents 500 gp worth
Silver mirror (focus)
Mistletoe harvested by golden sickle under light of full moon
Divination tools

samduke
2023-12-06, 05:54 PM
Wendell gives a small bow to the Librarian, as any keeper of knowledge deserves. "We would like to research the locations, allies, protections and weaknesses of the 5 Great Calamities, such that we might strike down the great wyrms and prevent a great evil. I would also like to purchase a few books of general knowledge for my spellwork."

okay Party "the 5 Great Calamities"
these are NPC Rolls
perception: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]
Intimidation: [roll2]

locations: [roll3]

allies: [roll4]

protections: [roll5]

weaknesses: [roll6]

great wyrms: [roll7]

RE:
Dragons: row 14, shelf 4, book 17
Locations of dragons row 29, shelf 8, book 2
Allies of dragons row 9 shelf 1, book 99
Weaknesses of dragons row 35 shelf 19, book 33
Protections of dragons row 10 shelf 2 book 44

For character knowledge purposes, if you look in the monster manual the stat blocks for the various colored dragons is the basic info that you will get for weakness, protections

you will need to ic what you do as far as the rows, shelves and books are concerned

as for locations

black are typically in or near swamps
red are typically in or near hills or mountains
green are typically in or near hill forests or mountain forests
blue are typically in or near large bodies of water
white are typically in or near icy,snow covered plains or mountains

as for allies

most anything evil that follows dragons so, kobolds, lizard folk, ect...

Lioslaith
2023-12-08, 07:12 PM
Woop! first post on the second page, did I level up? lol

samduke
2023-12-08, 08:57 PM
Re long distance travel quickly, i see juste has teleport an teleport circle, i dont think i saw anyone else with it, and i dont think i saw plane shift, JUSTE, if you want to check the conditions for teleport, circle, as to see if you have been. Know of ect... make the following checks, arcana, history and perception

redfeline
2023-12-08, 10:40 PM
*Checks spell list* my fighter barbarian did not take either of those spells.

samduke
2023-12-09, 12:11 AM
*Checks spell list* my fighter barbarian did not take either of those spells.

Spell of kick arse take names

Lioslaith
2023-12-09, 08:26 AM
So there isn't a distance attached to the teleports in 5e, guess I never looked. Just the consequence table with teleport. Interesting.

samduke
2023-12-09, 08:42 AM
So there isn't a distance attached to the teleports in 5e, guess I never looked. Just the consequence table with teleport. Interesting.

from dndbeyond

Teleport

spell instantly transports you and up to eight willing creatures of your choice that you can see within range, or a single object that you can see within range, to a destination you select. If you target an object, it must be able to fit entirely inside a 10-foot cube, and it can't be held or carried by an unwilling creature.

The destination you choose must be known to you, and it must be on the same plane of existence as you. Your familiarity with the destination determines whether you arrive there successfully. The GM rolls d100 and consults the table.

Which is why I said:

to see if you have been. Know of ect... make the following checks, arcana, history and perception

With the information from Serenity + the Books I am giving the party the benefit of " Description "

Very familiar 01-05 06-13 14-24 25-100
Seen casually 01-33 34-43 44-53 54-100
Viewed once 01-43 44-53 54-73 74-100
Description 01-43 44-53 54-73 74-100

Benoojian
2023-12-09, 03:10 PM
I have wind walk for fast travel 300 foot flying speed for 8 hours, that’s 270 miles. Not quite as good as teleport but doesn’t require knowledge.
Edit: this is 10 times the normal traveling pace of which turns a month of travel into 3 days.

Lioslaith
2023-12-09, 03:18 PM
A moons travel in this world is about 720 miles. Side note, I thought 300 feet per minute was about 3 miles an hour or about 24 miles a day.

Benoojian
2023-12-09, 03:27 PM
A moons travel in this world is about 720 miles. Side note, I thought 300 feet per minute was about 3 miles an hour or about 24 miles a day.

That’s 300 feet per 6 seconds not per minute 10 times as fast
Probably will force rounding to 240 miles like the travel pace rules round 30 foot travel to 24 miles, but that’s still 3 days to a moon.

Lioslaith
2023-12-09, 03:58 PM
Didn’t realize it was 300 per round. Thought it just said flying speed of 300 feet.

Benoojian
2023-12-09, 04:01 PM
Didn’t realize it was 300 per round. Thought it just said flying speed of 300 feet.

Yes as opposed to walking speed of 30 feet normally

@DM Is the silver mirror focus expensive enough to use for scrying?

samduke
2023-12-09, 06:40 PM
“I typically wind walk to get where I need to go, but even that will only cut the travel down to weeks for all five instead of years since we must traverse the entire world to track down these beasts.”

I am seriously wondering why you would post this in that fashion... scratches head

I have wind walk for fast travel 300 foot flying speed for 8 hours, that’s 270 miles. Not quite as good as teleport but doesn’t require knowledge.
Edit: this is 10 times the normal traveling pace of which turns a month of travel into 3 days.

Yes as opposed to walking speed of 30 feet normally

@DM Is the silver mirror focus expensive enough to use for scrying?

RE: Scrying the spell...
Material Componant : * - (a focus worth at least 1,000 gp, such as a crystal ball, a silver mirror, or a font filled with holy water)

*simple answer - YES

RE: Wing Walk the spell...
COMPONENTS: V, S, M *
DURATION 8 Hours

Description:
You and up to ten willing creatures you can see within range assume a gaseous form for the duration, appearing as wisps of cloud. While in this cloud form, a creature has a flying speed of 300 feet The only actions a creature can take in this form are the Dash action or to revert to its normal form.

Material Componant: *(fire and holy water)

*I believe the intent of the wording was 300ft per round but WOTC made things a bit glossed over in 5e

300ft per 6 seconds x 10 = 3000 ft per minute x 60 = 180,000 ft per hour OR 34 Miles Per Hour

The moon travels at roughly 2,288 miles per hour, (1 moon also referred to as a moon phase takes 29.5 days) at this speed.

Teleport is definitely faster

Benoojian
2023-12-09, 09:36 PM
The moon travels at roughly 2,288 miles per hour, (1 moon also referred to as a moon phase takes 29.5 days) at this speed.

Teleport is definitely faster

I thought you meant the amount a human could travel in one moon phase (i.e 24 miles a day for 30 days, 720 miles), because I've never heard of this measure and didn't expect anything to be measured in MILLIONS of miles (2,288MPH for 29.5 days is 1,619,904 Miles[about 65 times around the Earth], is that really the distance you meant?).
Teleport also has about a 6% chance of generating enough mishaps to roll damage higher than our hit die when using description only, so I was bringing up alternatives.

Benoojian
2023-12-09, 09:46 PM
I thought you meant the amount a human could travel in one moon phase (i.e 24 miles a day for 30 days, 720 miles), because I've never heard of this measure and didn't expect anything to be measured in MILLIONS of miles (2,288MPH for 29.5 days is 1,619,904 Miles[about 65 times around the Earth], is that really the distance you meant?).
Teleport also has about a 6% chance of generating enough mishaps to roll damage higher than our hit die when using description only, so I was bringing up alternatives.

EDIT: Deleted my post until we clear this up, because I'm very confused about this measurement.

redfeline
2023-12-10, 12:16 AM
Not sure if " arcana, history and perception" includes me but if it does

[roll0] arcana <- f.u. nat 1
[roll1] history
[roll2] perception

waste of +9s good perception however

samduke
2023-12-10, 01:01 AM
Not sure if " arcana, history and perception" includes me but if it does

[roll0] arcana <- f.u. nat 1
[roll1] history
[roll2] perception

waste of +9s good perception however

It includes anyone with the skill

Benoojian

I can see your confusion on travel when the term moons is applied,

Just for the sake of clarity 1 moons worth of travel is 29.5 days 3 moonx would be 88.5 days

Thats the distance,

Benoojian
2023-12-10, 02:39 AM
It includes anyone with the skill

Benoojian

I can see your confusion on travel when the term moons is applied,

Just for the sake of clarity 1 moons worth of travel is 29.5 days 3 moonx would be 88.5 days

Thats the distance,

So we were correct in our assumption, just slightly less exact in assuming 30 days.

And Wind Walk lets you travel at 10 times the normal speed, so the time should be 1/10th, not the same. so instead of traveling between 1 to 4 months for each of five two way trips it would take 3 to 12 days for each leg, so you didn't say where the Azur ocean was but visiting the other five locations would take 3 days to white 1, then 3 days back to town, then 3 days to green, then 9 days to white 2 if we guessed wrong, then 12 days back to town, then 3 days to red. So 33 days plus however long to the ocean. Instead of 11 months (years was an exaggeration but not by much).

Actually teleport can cut those trips down by a lot, since we can memorize waypoints to get 'very familiar' results instead of 'description'. 3 to white 1, teleport to town, 3 to green, 9 to white 2, teleport to town, 3 to red, teleport to t. So 18 days of travel. Plus however far the ocean is and teleporting back from there. (Clerics and Druids have Plane Shift so I can prepare that when we need to get to another plane for the final mission) Unless there's a sizable town with a teleportation circle near one of those locations.

Perception [roll0]

Lioslaith
2023-12-10, 05:58 AM
Rolling for an arcana check, just in case. [roll0]

Figures.

So how I was figuring the travel, as a non-math person. Normal travel for d&d at a walking pace is 24 miles per day. A months (moon's) worth of travel is roughly 30 days. So 24 miles times the 30 days is 720 miles or how far you could walk in a month would be that, 720 miles. If we are able to travel 10 times as fast as we can walk, then that same trip would take 3 days. The only 'rub' I can see is a landing spot within each 8 hours spell expiration stopover and rest.

samduke
2023-12-10, 06:34 AM
If travel is planned for properly walking wise there is very little back tracking,

As for wind walk spell speed 34mph x 8 hr = 272 miles per 8 hrs continuously traveled so take that into account

And as no one has actually asked distances, I will give the hint that Serenity is exacting or literal in her things said from that book of hers..

Serenity Comments
So she tells me you wish to research something, I would have you tell me what it is you wish to research and please be specific.

Then as if in a trance...
coming out of the trance

Serenity stops reading from the glowing book which has now stopped glowing, if you attempt to look at the book you will find no words appear on any page.

samduke
2023-12-10, 08:30 AM
Location Information based on rolls

(1d20+9)[10] arcana <- f.u. nat 1 *( you believe that the locations are right here in this very archive
(1d20+9)[12] history *( you have heard of ravensburg and have a basic idea of where it is, it has a teleportation circle
(1d20+5)[22] perception *( you notice that every time serenity gives an answer it is as if she is in a trance and that book of hers glows

Perception (1d20+10)[15] *( you notice that every time serenity gives an answer it is as if she is in a trance and that book of hers glows

arcana check, just in case. (1d20+9)[11] *( you have a basic understanding of where the locations are but without some form of long distance travel it will take months

Lioslaith
2023-12-10, 08:34 AM
I think I have a grasp of it now. So until someone answers the question IC I can't really post.

samduke
2023-12-10, 08:50 AM
question
"Do we have any means of traveling these great distances quickly? If not I believe the question of urgency has been answered for us."

as that is asked of the party I know at least 1 has teleport and teleport circle, and 1 has wind walk, 1 can get plane shift

samduke
2023-12-10, 01:29 PM
More information regurding distances, and locations your characters have a good idea where these places are that are refrenced , serenitys choice of refering to distsnce as a factor of time , is more of how the character is... i appologize if this has caused confusion

Benoojian
2023-12-10, 05:15 PM
More information regurding distances, and locations your characters have a good idea where these places are that are refrenced , serenitys choice of refering to distsnce as a factor of time , is more of how the character is... i appologize if this has caused confusion

I still don't know why you said 2,288MPH, it doesn't appear to be connected to anything else that was going on.

samduke
2023-12-10, 05:18 PM
Me being me ignore it

samduke
2023-12-11, 01:50 PM
On phone atm but i will get the ic for serenity in a bit, is its fairly long winded

samduke
2023-12-11, 08:47 PM
On phone, pc is occupied
List of teleport circles from serenity, here this kingdom, ravensburgj, greyhawk, iron island, elphenheim and ukarei

samduke
2023-12-12, 10:48 AM
okay so I was asked if I could provide something of a world map, I will put this on page 1 as well, this is not official to my world as I have not gotten that as of this game, but it will work for this game.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/7496599d-01b9-4cc1-87e2-6c6313c4df5f/ddpiz2n-c0dc6ed4-feb5-4c71-a590-ed810910d6d9.png/v1/fill/w_1024,h_576,q_80,strp/the_known_world_fantasy_map__no_labels__by_savingt hrower_ddpiz2n-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI 1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNh NWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMT g4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7 ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNzQ5NjU5OW QtMDFiOS00Y2MxLTg3ZTItNmM2MzEzYzRkZjVmXC9kZHBpejJu LWMwZGM2ZWQ0LWZlYjUtNGM3MS1hNTkwLWVkODEwOTEwZDZkOS 5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46 c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.I0Ilk4clHYfRK za-lzUJxVcaLjoSmE2tV7m6nmKGqfU

this kingdom > find on the main large area the 2 lakes lower left, this kingdom and its TP Circle are almost right in between those lakes

ravensburgh >main land area middle mountains, follow that all the way to the east and its most northern point then between that point and the snow to the north

greyhawk > main land area go to that large desert looking area and right in the middle of it

iron island >middle of the large island to the south west

elphenheim & ukarei > large island to the north west all most in the middle of that

samduke
2023-12-12, 11:51 PM
Potions of resistance all look to be uncommon, last 1 hour each, and look to have a price of 300 gp each

So if you want any. Then aquire, pay and we will move things along

Starmage21
2023-12-13, 07:59 AM
Gotta warn you guys that I wont be able to post for the next two weeks. About to be on a cruise starting Sunday. No internet or computer access unless I pay extra for it.

Starmage21
2023-12-13, 08:23 AM
Costly Material Components needed for Juste:
Summon Construct: an ornate stone and metal lockbox worth at least 400 gp
Revivify: diamonds worth 300 gp, which the spell consumes
Identify: a pearl worth at least 100 gp
Contingency: a statuette of yourself carved from ivory and decorated with gems worth at least 1,500 gp
Legend Lore: incense worth at least 250 gp, which the spell consumes, and four ivory strips worth at least 50 gp each
Scrying: a focus worth at least 1,000 gp, such as a crystal ball, a silver mirror, or a font filled with holy water
Summon Aberration: a pickled tentacle and an eyeball in a platinum-inlaid vial worth at least 400 gp
Summon Draconic Spirit: an object with the image of a dragon engraved on it, worth at least 500 gp

Benoojian
2023-12-13, 12:48 PM
Not me just remembering that they made Protection from Energy completely worthless by making it concentration and not adding an upcast for multiple targets. What’s the point in making a single party member survive the dragon breath?

Lioslaith
2023-12-13, 04:06 PM
Read the spell, so we don’t need a permanent tele circle to get to another one. Just a long time to establish a permanent one.

samduke
2023-12-13, 06:24 PM
Teleportation Circle
CASTING TIME 1 Minute
COMPONENTS V, M *

As you cast the spell, you draw a 10-foot-diameter circle on the ground inscribed with sigils that link your location to a permanent teleportation circle of your choice whose sigil sequence you know and that is on the same plane of existence as you.

* - (rare chalks and inks infused with precious gems worth 50 gp, which the spell consumes)

well if you decide to TP circle there are only the TP circles that I mentioned for locations.

Lioslaith
2023-12-13, 07:35 PM
Seems like they might at least get us closer.

samduke
2023-12-13, 07:50 PM
Gotta warn you guys that I wont be able to post for the next two weeks. About to be on a cruise starting Sunday. No internet or computer access unless I pay extra for it.

Haapy cruzin, unless something specific pops up your character will be a duck

samduke
2023-12-13, 07:51 PM
Costly Material Components needed for Juste:
Summon Construct: an ornate stone and metal lockbox worth at least 400 gp
Revivify: diamonds worth 300 gp, which the spell consumes
Identify: a pearl worth at least 100 gp
Contingency: a statuette of yourself carved from ivory and decorated with gems worth at least 1,500 gp
Legend Lore: incense worth at least 250 gp, which the spell consumes, and four ivory strips worth at least 50 gp each
Scrying: a focus worth at least 1,000 gp, such as a crystal ball, a silver mirror, or a font filled with holy water
Summon Aberration: a pickled tentacle and an eyeball in a platinum-inlaid vial worth at least 400 gp
Summon Draconic Spirit: an object with the image of a dragon engraved on it, worth at least 500 gp

Compare this with the list i posted

samduke
2023-12-13, 07:52 PM
Seems like they might at least get us closer.

Well yes should

samduke
2023-12-17, 01:05 AM
Mounts that you can pick from war horse, light or heavy, regular horse, pony, and your in luck there is 1 bull moose

Benoojian
2023-12-17, 02:50 PM
Why are we getting mounts? They don't travel faster in 5e.

Lioslaith
2023-12-17, 02:58 PM
We aren't unless we need or want them. a few of us if not all have alternate means of travel. It's just an option.

samduke
2023-12-17, 04:02 PM
Why are we getting mounts? They don't travel faster in 5e.

definitely an option

redfeline
2023-12-18, 01:00 AM
I will get a mount. I will post tomorrow hopefully.

Lioslaith
2023-12-18, 05:50 AM
I assume the circle is in some sort of town? If so we can ask the locals about any rumors about a dragon lair. Those usually aren't very secret.

samduke
2023-12-18, 08:48 AM
I assume the circle is in some sort of town? If so we can ask the locals about any rumors about a dragon lair. Those usually aren't very secret.

I thought my description was fairly complete, no there is no town , you are in the wilderness

Benoojian
2023-12-20, 03:42 AM
I think wind walk might be Wendell’s favorite spell(maybe second to fireball but a close second)

samduke
2023-12-20, 01:03 PM
I think wind walk might be Wendell’s favorite spell(maybe second to fireball but a close second)

okay I need to know if you use the spell, and which town you headed for based on the map provided

elphenheim is east and a tad north near where the ocean touch's the mountain on that island on map

ukarei is west and follow that land chunk south about 1/2 way

Benoojian
2023-12-20, 08:10 PM
Forgot I need to roll for cosmic omen every long rest to see if I get the buff or debuff version.

[roll0] weal even, woe odd

samduke
2023-12-21, 02:23 AM
Weal (even). Whenever a creature you can see within 30 feet of you is about to make an attack roll, a saving throw, or an ability check, you can use your reaction to roll a d6 and add the number rolled to the total.

Okay

samduke
2023-12-21, 05:25 PM
Note, if you stop at the town to render aid you will lose sight of the dragon

Triskavanski
2023-12-21, 11:24 PM
[roll0]

Ten characters

samduke
2023-12-21, 11:26 PM
Lol- okay so save a village or follow a dragon

samduke
2023-12-22, 09:44 PM
Holidays are upon us, have a great one all

redfeline
2023-12-22, 11:45 PM
Sorry I have been preoccupied, and checking less than I should.

I vote we follow the dragon.

Lioslaith
2023-12-23, 06:41 AM
How big is the dragon that attacked the village?

samduke
2023-12-23, 08:30 AM
Dragon at this distance you would estimate it as Gargantuan in size

Distance you to town roughly 2,000ft at the moment the dragon is seen
Distance you to dragon roughly 10 miles, but at roughly 34mph curtesy of windwalk spell
it will take roughly 19-20 minutes to catch it.

With Starmage as a duck, 2 say chase 1 says village, I am going with chase

while fighting a dragon in the open is not a great idea it is probably better than doing so in its lair

Lioslaith
2023-12-23, 08:32 AM
Okay, just wanted to be sure it was big enough to be the one we were looking for, lol.

samduke
2023-12-23, 08:33 AM
Okay, just wanted to be sure it was big enough to be the one we were looking for, lol.

probably, posting ic soon

Lioslaith
2023-12-23, 08:39 AM
Are we still mist from wind walk? I assume so.

samduke
2023-12-23, 08:40 AM
Are we still mist from wind walk? I assume so.

that is what I presume

You and up to ten willing creatures you can see within range assume a gaseous form for the duration, appearing as wisps of cloud. While in this cloud form, a creature has a flying speed of 300 feet and has resistance to damage from nonmagical weapons. The only actions a creature can take in this form are the Dash action or to revert to its normal form. Reverting takes 1 minute, during which time a creature is incapacitated and can’t move. Until the spell ends, a creature can revert to cloud form, which also requires the 1-minute transformation.
If a creature is in cloud form and flying when the effect ends, the creature descends 60 feet per round for 1 minute until it lands, which it does safely. If it can’t land after 1 minute, the creature falls the remaining distance.

Lioslaith
2023-12-23, 08:43 AM
DC 20 wisdom save [roll0]

Don't forget if you are within 10' of me you get a +4 to your save.

Lioslaith
2023-12-23, 08:48 AM
Apologies for the double post but here is an initiative roll. [roll0] and with advantage [roll1]

samduke
2023-12-23, 08:51 AM
Apologies for the double post but here is an initiative roll. [roll0] and with advantage [roll1]

no need to roll init - its party then dragon

edited

for point of reference the party was following the dragon, but it Detected the party and has turned to come fight

Triskavanski
2023-12-23, 09:13 AM
[roll0] - fear check to see if I'm useless for the next ten rounds of combat or not.

Lioslaith
2023-12-23, 09:14 AM
[roll0] - fear check to see if I'm useless for the next ten rounds of combat or not.

+4 for being close to the paladin for a 23?

Triskavanski
2023-12-23, 09:19 AM
Nope, that was with the +4.

Init - at disadvantage
[roll0]
[roll1]

Try to move and hide at disadvantage
[roll2]
[roll3]

samduke
2023-12-23, 09:32 AM
Try to move and hide (1d20+13)[20] you think / feel / believe you are hidden

if anyone in the party wishes to attempt to spot the assassin it is a dc 21 perception (as the hide check is 20)

samduke
2023-12-23, 09:37 AM
for the sake of the party I am going to say that starmages character will cast
Heroism on the party

A willing creature you touch is imbued with bravery. Until the spell ends, the creature is immune to being frightened and gains temporary hit points equal to your spellcasting ability modifier at the start of each of its turns. When the spell ends, the target loses any remaining temporary hit points from this spell.

this occurs after the failed save , so next round you are fine

+5 temp hit points

Triskavanski
2023-12-23, 09:40 AM
Well next time I need to be a little more specific I suppose that I'll be attempting to track/shadow the dragon so that a proper ambush can be done and I can start the combat off with a crit.

Lioslaith
2023-12-23, 09:47 AM
Raphael will cast Haste and DeathWard on himself. The haste waiting until the dragon is in range.

EDIT: Actually I'm an idiot, forgot about aura of courage, if you are within 10' of me you cannot be frightened. Duh.

samduke
2023-12-24, 10:26 AM
Raphael will cast Haste and DeathWard on himself. The haste waiting until the dragon is in range.

EDIT: Actually I'm an idiot, forgot about aura of courage, if you are within 10' of me you cannot be frightened. Duh.

all good, enjoy the holidays all

redfeline
2023-12-25, 11:42 PM
Wow, should of looked here before posting IC.

I assume we will start the turn scared. I will "Guarded Mind
Starting at 10th level, the psionic energy flowing through you has bolstered your mind. You have resistance to psychic damage. Moreover, if you start your turn charmed or frightened, you can expend a Psionic Energy die and end every effect on yourself subjecting you to those conditions."

So no need for any one to remove my fear.

After that I will likely rage and attack the dragon.

samduke
2023-12-26, 08:24 AM
Wow, should of looked here before posting IC.

I assume we will start the turn scared. I will "Guarded Mind
Starting at 10th level, the psionic energy flowing through you has bolstered your mind. You have resistance to psychic damage. Moreover, if you start your turn charmed or frightened, you can expend a Psionic Energy die and end every effect on yourself subjecting you to those conditions."

So no need for any one to remove my fear.

After that I will likely rage and attack the dragon.

well scared from the aspect of oh crap its turned to fight - yes, scared as in a condition - no

OK
Party will be solid forms, if they so desire it, [roll0] Rounds before the dragon will attack so if you want to do stuff there will be some time still.

samduke
2023-12-28, 01:16 PM
Waiting for you guys to post actions in ic

redfeline
2023-12-28, 06:49 PM
I will post it asap, which will be a bit.

samduke
2023-12-28, 09:03 PM
So go ahead and roll to hit/damage

Athanasius will be shooting at 320ft

Wendell will be shooting at 120ft

I will wait for lio and red to post before I post any dragon actions

redfeline
2023-12-28, 11:11 PM
Since I didn't pay attention to the OOC before my last IC post I am happy to spend a psychic die to remove my fear condition at the start of my turn. If you don't want me too, that is fine.

Just to clarify, rage as bonus action moves me 15ft via Instinctive Pounce, move 35ft, ready action (toss spear when dragon enters 60ft range) counts as action and reaction. Total movement 50ft toward the dragon.

Not sure how you want to handle a ready action and rolling. So I am going to assume I roll, and the results are ignored if the dragon doesn't come within 60ft.

[roll0] to toss spear, sharpshooter removes disadvantage for long range.
[roll1] damage, fire for all damage.

Lioslaith
2023-12-29, 06:32 AM
I can't do anything until he gets into melee with us unless I can cast one more spell.

samduke
2023-12-29, 11:24 AM
I can't do anything until he gets into melee with us unless I can cast one more spell.

I think there will be time to cast another spell on your part

So I am going to assume I roll, and the results are ignored if the dragon doesn't come within 60ft.

oh the dragon certainly is going be getting to that range

samduke
2023-12-29, 11:28 AM
waiting for that attack/damage roll

Wendell will be shooting at 120ft

Harmony >>Rage<< will be tossing a spear at 60ft range which will end up being at 110ft from initial starting spot
Attack
(1d20+10)[21] to toss spear, sharpshooter removes disadvantage for long range.
Damage
(3d6+10)[18] damage, fire for all damage.

GM comments
I will IC things, after all ranged attacks happen and after Raphael casts another spell.

Notation
Harmony will observe her spear sinking into the dragons flesh
Remaining Hit Points 315

Triskavanski
2023-12-29, 12:01 PM
advantage [roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3] sneak attack
[roll4] whispers

[roll]1d8+7d6+5d6 if getting a crit.

redfeline
2023-12-29, 03:58 PM
Just incase I need to bring it to your attention Sam, the spear reappears in Harmony's hand after it hits or misses. Not sure how familiar you are with giant barbarians. :smallsmile:

samduke
2023-12-29, 08:35 PM
Just incase I need to bring it to your attention Sam, the spear reappears in Harmony's hand after it hits or misses. Not sure how familiar you are with giant barbarians. :smallsmile:

I looked at Giant Barbarian- got it

Raphael 60ft flame strike
(4d6)[10] Fire damage
(4d6)[12] Radiant Damage
Half damage on a save DC18 <DEX Save, I am placing the effect so that it does not hit Harmony
Dragon Dex Save (1d20+6)[26]

A vertical column of divine fire roars down from the heavens in a location you specify. Each creature in a 10-foot-radius, 40-foot-high cylinder centered on a point within range must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 4d6 fire damage and 4d6 radiant damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Attack
advantage (1d20+8)[20]
Damage
(1d8+3)[8]
(7d6)[30] sneak attack
(5d6)[23] whispers

Wendell will be shooting Guiding Bolt at 120ft

Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage, thanks to the mystical dim light glittering on the target until then.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Harmony >>Rage<< will be tossing a spear at 60ft range which will end up being at 110ft from initial starting spot
Attack
(1d20+10)[21] to toss spear, sharpshooter removes disadvantage for long range.
Damage
(3d6+10)[18] damage, fire for all damage.

GM comments
I will IC things, after all ranged attacks happen

Notation
Remaining Hit Points 243

samduke
2023-12-29, 08:42 PM
Dragon Dex Save [roll0]

Benoojian
2023-12-31, 12:27 PM
[roll0] ranged spell attack

[roll1] Radiant damage

If it hits the next attack on the dragon, ie the one at 60 ft, is made at advantage

samduke
2024-01-01, 09:40 AM
Dragon Multi Attack
(Vs Entire Party; BW: cold damage on a failed (DC 22 Con Save), or half as much damage on a successful one.

Attack vs. Giant Barbarian
Bite: [roll1] reach 15 ft; Damage [roll]2d10+ 8 <Damage (2d10+8)[22]> piercing, + [roll2] Cold

Claw: [roll3] reach 15 ft; Damage [roll4] slashing

Claw: [roll5] reach 15 ft; Damage [roll6] slashing

Tail: [roll7] reach 20 ft; Damage [roll8] bludgeoning

Cold Breath (Recharge 4–6) [roll9]

* no wing attack it is flying

Notation
Remaining Hit Points 206

samduke
2024-01-01, 09:41 AM
Damage [roll0] - well messed up that roll above

Lioslaith
2024-01-01, 09:47 AM
Constitution save [roll0]

Triskavanski
2024-01-01, 11:20 AM
Okay unless there is some sort of protections I missed, I take 77 cold damage.

And all we can do at this round is fruitlessly attempt to chase after it.

Lioslaith
2024-01-01, 11:23 AM
Okay unless there is some sort of protections I missed, I take 77 cold damage.

And all we can do at this round is fruitlessly attempt to chase after it.

Dont forget your CON save.

Triskavanski
2024-01-01, 11:33 AM
Can't make the con save, only have a +1 bonus.

Lioslaith
2024-01-01, 11:36 AM
20 auto succeeds on saves.

Plus if you are within 10' of the paladin you get a +4 to the save.

Benoojian
2024-01-01, 03:02 PM
[roll0] Con Save EDIT: Use Absorb Elements as reaction to take only half

So this dragon has like a 600ft fly speed?

samduke
2024-01-01, 08:32 PM
[roll0] Con Save EDIT: Use Absorb Elements as reaction to take only half

So this dragon has like a 600ft fly speed?

it is "RUNNING" that is what I have for ya

samduke
2024-01-01, 08:33 PM
Can't make the con save, only have a +1 bonus.

dito this, always roll you could roll that 20

I will akso take the moment to remind you that you are all physical, not wind walk cloud form, so that 300 ft speed does not apply
While in this cloud form, a creature has a flying speed of 300 feet

edited
notation the longest ranged weapon you guys have maxes at 320 ft

redfeline
2024-01-02, 01:20 PM
[roll0] con save, no paladin bonus as I am 50ft+ away.

@Samduke, I am not sure if I have been running dragons wrong, I thought they could use a breath weapon as an action or multiattack. Is this a mistake on my part, obviously I'll roll with what ever but since multi attack says "Multiattack: The dragon can use its Frightful Presence. It then makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws." I've always assumed I could not do both actions.

samduke
2024-01-02, 01:41 PM
[roll0] con save, no paladin bonus as I am 50ft+ away.

@Samduke, I am not sure if I have been running dragons wrong, I thought they could use a breath weapon as an action or multiattack. Is this a mistake on my part, obviously I'll roll with what ever but since multi attack says "Multiattack: The dragon can use its Frightful Presence. It then makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws." I've always assumed I could not do both actions.

I also indicated that I was not running the monsters (dragons) as listed by the monster listing - or some such words to that effect, due to this being a gestalt game.

so Normally if one runs the "dragon" as listed then yes you are correct

edited
well another nat 20

(1d20+9)[29] con save

redfeline
2024-01-02, 09:51 PM
Oh good, I was not mistaken. It is a special case.

Triskavanski
2024-01-03, 07:56 AM
20 auto succeeds on saves.

Plus if you are within 10' of the paladin you get a +4 to the save.

Nat 20s in 5e don't auto succeed for saving throws. The +4 though gives me a chance.

[roll0]

samduke
2024-01-03, 08:33 AM
Nat 20s in 5e don't auto succeed for saving throws. The +4 though gives me a chance.

[roll0]

huh seems that has been houseruled forever... ***

I the GM hereby DECLAIR all PC natural 20's that are an Attack or a Save are an automatic sucsess

Triskavanski
2024-01-03, 10:56 AM
Yeah I don't know why they decided to go with that. Cause like as we've shown right now, in normal 5e, its really super easy for a monster to to get a high enough effect that a place has no chance of success. Even items that increase your saves isn't enough. Monks are like the one groups of people who can actually generally have the ability to save. Especially if they're gestalt with Artificer.

samduke
2024-01-03, 06:38 PM
Yeah I don't know why they decided to go with that. Cause like as we've shown right now, in normal 5e, its really super easy for a monster to to get a high enough effect that a place has no chance of success. Even items that increase your saves isn't enough. Monks are like the one groups of people who can actually generally have the ability to save. Especially if they're gestalt with Artificer.

because WOTC/Hasbro - said let us make this game so easy a newbie with no knowledge of the game can play it
and they over corrected for the nasty thing called 4e. and now with dnd one or 6e soon down the road it looks like they have continued with stupid.

redfeline
2024-01-04, 01:29 AM
I didn't like most of 4e but all I did like got removed. Granted minion class monsters that have 1hp and come in groups of 4, don't make much since in roleplay. It was cool for gameplay.

I also liked the 3 levels of play where you got a paragon progressio at level 11 and epic destiny at 21, all while continuing your base class.

The rest of 4e was terribly dull.

@any one, do we have any magic changes to speed up?

Any way to stop it's flight?

samduke
2024-01-04, 12:58 PM
Any way to stop it's flight?

Shrug, I am waiting for you guys to post what your doing in IC

Triskavanski
2024-01-04, 03:10 PM
I've got little to nothing. Sneaking up on something and snipping it was about the best I can do. Most of my other stuff is about getting away from enemies not stopping them from getting away from me. I think I could dimension door like once. Or Use mirrage arcane. But it'll likely make the save. I never accounted for something that can move over 640 feet in a round, do a breath attack, and a full attack, allowing it to run in and out of combat.

Lioslaith
2024-01-04, 03:23 PM
Same here, I could try hold monster but it would just save and go on. I’d rather save the spell slot for when we follow it and suffer the lair actions.

samduke
2024-01-04, 03:48 PM
I've got little to nothing. Sneaking up on something and snipping it was about the best I can do. Most of my other stuff is about getting away from enemies not stopping them from getting away from me. I think I could dimension door like once. Or Use mirrage arcane. But it'll likely make the save. I never accounted for something that can move over 640 feet in a round, do a breath attack, and a full attack, allowing it to run in and out of combat.

Same here, I could try hold monster but it would just save and go on. I’d rather save the spell slot for when we follow it and suffer the lair actions.

Well i am going to remind you your longest ranged thing listed is 320ft, , you are not in cloud form, the dragon is running ie 4x its normal speed, , i dont think i mentioned nor indicated other than the dragon would be out of range the following round, do not presume its speed is 640

Starmage21
2024-01-05, 09:22 AM
Sorry I was away guys!

Initiative: 2d20b1+2

Save vs Frightful Presence: [roll0]

Save vs Dragon Breath: [roll1]

Starmage21
2024-01-05, 09:51 AM
Init Roll 1 [roll0]
Init Roll 2 [roll1]

Benoojian
2024-01-05, 02:21 PM
@any one, do we have any magic changes to speed up?

No, Wind walk was literally the fastest thing printed in 5e(bar some silly interpretations of multiclassing), and that's why it had so many restrictions. If this dragon can move almost twice as fast as Wind Walk AND take multiple actions, we can't catch it and will die to ice breaths trying.

Also there isn't a X4 Run action in 5e, is that a houserule you're using? Can we use Run too?

samduke
2024-01-05, 03:29 PM
Sorry I was away guys!

RE:
Juste casts Heroism on one of the frightened party members.

He takes NO damage from the dragon's breath (Made save plus Cold Resistance)
HP: 152/152
AC: 26
No need I already did that spell for the party, and I made you a duck so you did not take the damage

Also there isn't a X4 Run action in 5e, is that a houserule you're using? Can we use Run too?

right sorry this whole adventure was originally written for 3.5 edition so I used the language of " RUN Action "

LOL

Dash
When you take the Dash action, you gain extra movement for the current turn. The increase equals your speed, after applying any modifiers.

so the dragon makes its attack run flying its speed then makes a "Dash Action" so I will say that anything with a range of 270 or greater can Shoot
your personal knowledge of a thing does not apply as the "monsters were modified for this "Gestalt" game

Lioslaith
2024-01-06, 08:34 AM
I think the only thing we can do at this point is follow it.

samduke
2024-01-06, 09:00 AM
I think the only thing we can do at this point is follow it.

I would have agreed but someone when and did this..
"That's it, run you filthy worm! Show us the coward you truly are!!"

please make a Charisma (Intimidation) check vs. Dragon Wisdom (Insight) [roll0]

Detect. The dragon makes a Wisdom (Perception) check. [roll1]

Lioslaith
2024-01-06, 09:01 AM
Intimidation check [roll0]

samduke
2024-01-06, 09:16 AM
@Everyone
Round 2 at 270ft you can make a ranged attack if you want or cast a spell if you want

Round 3 the dragon will be turning back with its full attention on Raph...
So everyone gets another ranged attack at 0 to 270 ft
BUT Raph will get an advantage when the dragon gets to him

Lioslaith
2024-01-06, 12:25 PM
Lost Haste to do the Hunters mark on it thinking we'd have to follow it. Let's take it down before it gets to me, lol

samduke
2024-01-06, 12:50 PM
Lost Haste to do the Hunters mark on it thinking we'd have to follow it. Let's take it down before it gets to me, lol

okay I do not think dropping that costs an action

Lioslaith
2024-01-06, 01:43 PM
Nope, it's the only concentrate on one spell at a time mechanic.

Benoojian
2024-01-06, 05:00 PM

[roll0]

I also gave Athanasius Protection from Elements, so he has resistance and made the save which the DM ruled is no damage.

samduke
2024-01-07, 10:35 AM
okay well some of you might have 2 rounds of shooting all of you have at least round 2 for spells, and all of you could shoot or spells round 3 as the dragon does nothing but fly back towards Raph

samduke
2024-01-07, 08:44 PM
Notation R1 Remaining Hit Points 206

Athanasius'
attack
(1d20+8)[22]

damage <25>
(1d8+3)[4]
(7d6)[21] sneak attack

redfeline
2024-01-08, 01:04 AM
Well I get the amazing action of dropping out of rage, such is life.

On the plus side, leaving rage no longer tires my character.

So as an uncommon item I took "amulet of attunement" and I can neither remember what this does or find its information. Any one have any ideas? (Yeah I know I am looking like a super competent player right now.)

samduke
2024-01-08, 10:57 AM
Well I get the amazing action of dropping out of rage, such is life.

On the plus side, leaving rage no longer tires my character.

So as an uncommon item I took "amulet of attunement" and I can neither remember what this does or find its information. Any one have any ideas? (Yeah I know I am looking like a super competent player right now.)

amulet of attunement ? no such thing I can find did you mis type (edit) and just miss what the amulet was noting that it required attunement maybe ?

these are the only uncommon amulets that I see
Amulet of Proof Against Detection and Location Wondrous Item Attuned DMG
Amulet of the Devout Wondrous Item Attuned TCE
Amulet of the Drunkard Wondrous Item - EGW

Also - lost rage - use a bonus action and regain it..

redfeline
2024-01-08, 11:30 AM
amulet of attunement ? no such thing I can find did you mis type (edit) and just miss what the amulet was noting that it required attunement maybe ?

these are the only uncommon amulets that I see
Amulet of Proof Against Detection and Location Wondrous Item Attuned DMG
Amulet of the Devout Wondrous Item Attuned TCE
Amulet of the Drunkard Wondrous Item - EGW

Also - lost rage - use a bonus action and regain it..

Yeah I must of mistyped it, I assumed it must be an attuned amulet. I'll pick something and add it after the battle I guess.

I will rage when it comes to my turn. For now I am going to be less of a threat and move out of cone range.

samduke
2024-01-08, 05:58 PM
well until then rounds 2/3 regardless of shooting you may spread out to be less of a target for the breath weapon .. which did not recharge

Lioslaith
2024-01-08, 06:03 PM
It’s a double edged sword. Less vulnerable to the breath weapon makes you more vulnerable to the fear. If anyone has a spare protection from elements I could use it since he’s coming after me.

samduke
2024-01-09, 08:10 AM
It’s a double edged sword. Less vulnerable to the breath weapon makes you more vulnerable to the fear. If anyone has a spare protection from elements I could use it since he’s coming after me.

thought that was something given out already, not sure if it has worn off ?

* hrm guess not , though if someone wants to redirect this spell to Raph, I am sure it would be great.
I also gave Athanasius Protection from Elements, so he has resistance and made the save which the DM ruled is no damage. <- this was not on Athanasius , it was Juste that took no damage

RE:
Juste casts Heroism on one of the frightened party members.
He takes NO damage from the dragon's breath (Made save plus Cold Resistance)
No need I already did that spell for the party, and I made you a duck so you did not take the damage

Starmage21
2024-01-09, 09:01 AM
Initiative: 19
HP: 152/152
AC: 26
Movement: Juste moves so that the dragon will fly within 120ft
Action: Juste casts Raulothim's Psychic Lance at the dragon for [roll0] Psychic Damage and is Incapacitated unless it makes a DC 18 Intelligence Saving Throw. On a successful save it takes half psychic damage and is not Incapacitated.

Benoojian
2024-01-09, 05:24 PM
thought that was something given out already, not sure if it has worn off ?

* hrm guess not , though if someone wants to redirect this spell to Raph, I am sure it would be great.
I also gave Athanasius Protection from Elements, so he has resistance and made the save which the DM ruled is no damage. <- this was not on Athanasius , it was Juste that took no damage

Athanasius has the exact same situation as Juste is what I meant, made the save plus cold resistance

samduke
2024-01-09, 07:26 PM
okay Saves Time DC 18 Intelligence Saving [roll0] < - ouchies...

Athanasius'
attack
(1d20+8)[22]

damage <25>
(1d8+3)[4]
(7d6)[21] sneak attack

Juste casts Raulothim's Psychic Lance at 120ft targeting the dragon for (7d6)[25] Psychic Damage and is Incapacitated until the start of your next turn...

Dragon takes 12 falling damage

Notation R4 Remaining Hit Points 169 <- oh this is going to go fast now

samduke
2024-01-10, 09:17 PM
it is incapacitated so it loses dex and nothing else

(1d20+10)[21]
(3d8+5)[20] plus (1d6)[5] fire plus (8d8)[40] smite if it hits

(1d20+10)[16] <- ??
(3d8+5)[22] plus (1d6)[6] fire plus (7d8)[29] smite if it hits

(1d20+10)[23]
(3d8+5)[17] plus (1d6)[3] fire plus (6d8)[27] smite if it hits
Plus hunters mark (1d6)[6] ; (1d6)[6] ; (1d6)[4]

Notation R4 Remaining Hit Points < Dead >
If I use guided strike on the second roll +10 to the roll. <- if this is to the attack roll - its is not indicated as such

Lioslaith
2024-01-10, 09:21 PM
Sorry poor wording. Yes he would have used it.

Triskavanski
2024-01-11, 02:37 AM
Well that was a rollercoster.

samduke
2024-01-11, 04:23 AM
You guys should lead with immobilize

Lioslaith
2024-01-11, 06:11 AM
Epic. So we will pick up being in the town I assume?

samduke
2024-01-11, 08:30 AM
Epic. So we will pick up being in the town I assume?

yes I will be writing that today...

Triskavanski
2024-01-11, 02:28 PM
Possibly should replace a few of my spells maybe.

I know some of them I'm planning on using.

Lioslaith
2024-01-11, 02:58 PM
If we are going in terms of power then black should be next. So antacids, whatever its terrain is, etc. stuff like that.

samduke
2024-01-11, 04:56 PM
Party loot from the White dragon

as much dragon meat as you might want to carry

Scales: you can successfully harvest enough scales for 2 suits of human sized scale mail armor, OR 4 shields
Teeth: 2 Fangs large enough for a short sword, 4 other teeth big enough for daggers
Claws: 8 claws 4 long enough for a longsword the others long enough for a short sword

Lioslaith
2024-01-11, 04:59 PM
Would the dragon pieces have any special properties? I assume that would be up to whatever wizardy type we ask to craft it into something?

redfeline
2024-01-11, 05:05 PM
Can't say I feel like I contributed much, I guess I am the tank and I did take the most damage... so I was helpful.

I will attempt to swap that magic item tonight and post IC, but today has been draining irl, so take the promise with a grain of salt.

Lioslaith
2024-01-11, 06:29 PM
I think we all did pretty good considering. If I hadn't lucked out on the intimidate roll it would have been way worse.

samduke
2024-01-11, 06:30 PM
Would the dragon pieces have any special properties? I assume that would be up to whatever wizardy type we ask to craft it into something?

No special properties, and any blacksmith can craft

Lioslaith
2024-01-12, 09:06 AM
So am assuming we arrive with sacks of dragon meat and other parts and pieces slung over shoulders and across backs?

samduke
2024-01-12, 09:51 AM
seems reasonable, or how ever one has the ability to transport it.

samduke
2024-01-13, 09:38 AM
Raph and everyone else that went to the tavern I would like you to roll

Perception & Insight

Lioslaith
2024-01-13, 01:30 PM
Rolls for perception and insight

perception [roll0]
advantage [roll1]

insight [roll2]

Benoojian
2024-01-13, 03:23 PM
Perception [roll0]
Insight [roll1]

Lioslaith
2024-01-13, 04:09 PM
I’ll try using my divine sense and see if anything registers.

Triskavanski
2024-01-14, 05:03 AM
perception [roll0]
insight [roll1]

samduke
2024-01-14, 08:22 AM
Perception (1d20+10)[30]
Insight (1d20+10)[17]

Well are you not the perceptive one..

perception (1d20+3)[19]
insight (1d20+8)[11]
I’ll try using my divine sense and see if anything registers.

Divine Sense: does not seem to pick anything up

perception (1d20+11)[27]
insight (1d20+6)[26]

okay between the lot of you

yeah they are Ethereal, possibly Ghosts, I will EDIT the IC for this

Lioslaith
2024-01-14, 08:31 AM
The building and furniture, etc is real enough right, just the inhabitants are not quite there?

samduke
2024-01-14, 11:24 AM
Correct
Words words words

samduke
2024-01-15, 07:32 AM
Well I received a message from Redfeline
Doctor Harmony Glimmertoe Stout Halfling Barbarian (Giant) 14 // Fighter (Psi Warrior) 14

Real Life has consumed them, and they wish to withdraw, and I have no issue with that request.

Redfeline you are welcome back in this game should real life settle down

What this means for the rest of you, well I will adjust encounters, but I have no intention of re-recruiting or drawing from the pool that had put in apps before.

Lioslaith
2024-01-15, 08:01 AM
Do we need another couple levels to make up for the loss?

samduke
2024-01-15, 02:52 PM
Not sure we shall see

redfeline
2024-01-15, 09:43 PM
Thank you for your understanding Sam.

I wish you all luck.

samduke
2024-01-17, 03:49 PM
Uo, what i ment is you get 1 chance,
Bottle a, coin is it dragon or castle up
B same
C same , and for tbis c does not detect

You cant flip coin face to see if it changes outcome

Lioslaith
2024-01-17, 03:51 PM
Oh, ouch. Hmmm. potion 1 and dragon and potion 3 and castle.

samduke
2024-01-18, 04:18 PM
Just wo ya all know im posting slow ,i hurt my qrist do everything typed is pain

Starmage21
2024-01-19, 09:32 AM
We're decently high level, and most of us picked gestalt classes that go well together. I'd say you could shift CRs by at least +3 and we'd be fine.

*edit*
Do we have any indication that this dragon we just fought was THE white dragon we were looking for, or was it simply a white dragon?

Lioslaith
2024-01-19, 09:40 AM
We got the shard we were looking for from it.

Starmage21
2024-01-19, 09:56 AM
We got the shard we were looking for from it.

Chalk it up to undue caution on Juste's part then :D

Lioslaith
2024-01-19, 09:57 AM
No worries, the same thought occurred to me until we got the shard.

Triskavanski
2024-01-22, 09:02 PM
I wish the forums weren't moving so slow. I try to check everything then it starts moving slow and I get distracted by a skull and wander off for a while.

samduke
2024-01-23, 08:03 AM
I wish the forums weren't moving so slow. I try to check everything then it starts moving slow and I get distracted by a skull and wander off for a while.

Triskavanski

if you wanted more interactions with the ethereal people before the bottle goes off, I can arrange that ?

Hey guys I know I said expectations of like 1 time a week, and I know the forums are wonky but can I convince you to post more frequently please

Starmage21

Benoojian

samduke
2024-01-24, 08:14 AM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/778236168654815254/1184164351435874335/circles.jpg?ex=65c258fe&is=65afe3fe&hm=4597df1f8335512b578529d73f114e793b4c1ecd73b1ca1 71df9d7d39fc11845&=&format=webp&width=892&height=502

Okay the Elphhiem TP circle is the one on the island top left
the place where you started is the circle that is almost between the 2 lakes lower left area big land mass
greyhawks circle is the circle top right area between the mountain and the icy north

the village of greyhawk where you are now is south and east a tad of the circle near the ocean

Edited

Starmage21
2024-01-24, 02:48 PM
Triskavanski

if you wanted more interactions with the ethereal people before the bottle goes off, I can arrange that ?

Hey guys I know I said expectations of like 1 time a week, and I know the forums are wonky but can I convince you to post more frequently please

Starmage21

Benoojian

Will do. I try to check the forums 1/day during the work week.

samduke
2024-01-25, 10:00 AM
Juste
Then he goes to the inn to wait for his compatriots and share information about the red dragon.

I dont think you have that information, you were told "Fire Breather"

samduke
2024-01-25, 10:04 AM
Juste
Smith's Tools (1d20+15)[24] (+5 Strength, +5 Proficiency, +5 Expertise)

you create [roll0] nails in 1 hour

samduke
2024-01-25, 10:31 AM
Dragons the party has learned about and their breath weapons

Black Acid Breath
Blue Lightning Breath
Brass Fire Breath
Bronze Repulsion Breath
Copper Slowing Breath
Gold Weakening Breath
Green Poison Breath
Red Fire Breath
Silver Paralyzing Breath
White Cold Breath

samduke
2024-01-29, 07:11 AM
I will not be posting ic until Benoojian, Triskavanski & Starmage21 post something IC

Benoojian
2024-01-29, 09:16 AM
I literally posted 6 hours before this.

You also moved my character from one scene to another without my permission after less than 2 days.

This is not the pace that you described when recruiting for this game and if you are going to make sweeping changes about expectations the least you could do is tell us, but I am telling you now that if you are changing to expecting every single day posting I am dropping this game.

samduke
2024-01-29, 02:04 PM

You also moved my character from one scene to another without my permission after less than 2 days.

This is not the pace that you described when recruiting for this game and if you are going to make sweeping changes about expectations the least you could do is tell us, but I am telling you now that if you are changing to expecting every single day posting I am dropping this game.

RE:

well the time stamp says you did post 01/28/23 10:34 PM my time and this quoted post01/29.24 07:16 AM my time...

1: I guess I moved those who had not posted recently , as gm I do not require your permission.
2: I thought I had asked for folks to post more frequently, and that is my bad
3: if you feel these are not within your ability to handle then feel free to leave the game.
I can tell you now that this type of attitude does not go over well on many if any gm's.

Benoojian
2024-01-29, 03:51 PM
Edit: I'm out

samduke
2024-01-29, 04:51 PM
{Scrubbed}

We shall proceed on and if needed for healing, i will have that occur

Okay folks i am asking for more frequent posting.
Juste, Raph, Athanasius , gain 1 level

Benoojian
2024-01-29, 05:16 PM
I am going to politely ask that you do not use my character.

samduke
2024-01-29, 11:15 PM
I am going to politely ask that you do not use my character.

{Scrubbed}

Benoojian
2024-01-30, 01:34 PM
{Scrubbed}

samduke
2024-01-31, 07:30 AM
well lets try to move on shall we.

Who all is still here and still playing ?

Lioslaith
2024-01-31, 08:08 AM
Still here

samduke
2024-02-04, 03:05 PM
nod. new week, forum still has lag issues.

Starmage21
2024-02-06, 09:29 PM
Its not the lag issues, its the HTTP 500s that are derping out.

I'm still here. But curious if this post goes through at all.

samduke
2024-02-06, 10:12 PM
I get gstewsys , 500, 505, lag its not good

samduke
2024-02-08, 08:07 AM
@ players

failure to post ic as expectations were originally, are not being met. I will give this a bit due to site issues but this game will not be able to progress if you do not post ic even under original expectations

this game will end officially if there are not ic posts from the rest of the party before feb 13 2024

Starmage21
2024-02-08, 09:59 AM
@ players

failure to post ic as expectations were originally, are not being met. I will give this a bit due to site issues but this game will not be able to progress if you do not post ic even under original expectations

this game will end officially if there are not ic posts from the rest of the party before feb 13 2024

Appreciate the fair warning. Its looking like forum issues are resolved.

Starmage21
2024-02-09, 11:06 AM
Heres how I've had to make my posts elsewhere on this forum and it will serve for now:

1.) Type up your post, including all the markups.
2.) Before you hit submit, copy all the text.
3.) if it dies, paste and try again.

samduke
2024-02-09, 11:48 AM
Site issues still a plague, waiting on triv to post ic

samduke
2024-02-10, 09:11 AM
okay it looks like you all want to goto sea hunting, I will progress the story in that direction

samduke
2024-02-18, 09:37 AM
new week and we still have some issues with the server making things very difficult, I am considering ending this for that reason alone. but please post if you want to keep going, this will require all of you to agree

Starmage21
2024-02-19, 10:55 AM
new week and we still have some issues with the server making things very difficult, I am considering ending this for that reason alone. but please post if you want to keep going, this will require all of you to agree

I'm in. Still checking at least 1/day on Weekdays

samduke
2024-02-23, 11:07 AM
@Triskavanski
last ooc post 1-22-2024
last ic post 2-10-2024

samduke
2024-02-24, 01:10 PM
well sorry gang but this game is closed for lack of and some of the blame goes to GITP server issues

Starmage21
2024-03-04, 09:07 AM
well sorry gang but this game is closed for lack of and some of the blame goes to GITP server issues

Thank you for running it.