PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Does Holy Star's Fire Bolt Function Allow Multiple Attacks Per Round?

Frostthehero
2023-12-03, 04:52 PM
Holy Star's fire bolt function says that it uses your attack bonus. I saw someone say (on a very old forum post) that this means that if you have e.g. +17 AB with +13 BAB, you get three fire bolts, one at +17, one at +12, and one at +7. That seems like a stretch to me, but I want to see if there's a consensus on this.

ngilop
2023-12-03, 05:02 PM
Holy Star's fire bolt function says that it uses your attack bonus. I saw someone say (on a very old forum post) that this means that if you have e.g. +17 AB with +13 BAB, you get three fire bolts, one at +17, one at +12, and one at +7. That seems like a stretch to me, but I want to see if there's a consensus on this.

No.

It just uses your attack bonus.

Compare it to Spiritual Weapon
It uses your base attack bonus (possibly allowing it multiple attacks per round in subsequent rounds) plus your Wisdom modifier as its attack bonus.

Not only does Holy Star lack the specific wording of base attack bonus and allowing for multpiple attacks.

the spell very specificall states
A holy star lashes out with a beam of energy as a ranged touch attack against a creature last time i check 'a' was singular.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2023-12-04, 12:51 AM
You only get iterative attacks when you make a full attack.

It doesn't say it makes a full attack. Thus, it's not a full attack and it doesn't get iterative attacks.

However, you can have multiple Holy Starts active at once.