PDA

View Full Version : Buffy S3 > Buffy S2 gift idea

Ditto
2007-12-11, 07:42 PM
I have a friend assigned to me for a pollyanna (Secret Santa, for the yokels out there) who is under the mistaken, though understandable belief that Season 2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is superior to Season 3. (It's a close 1st and 2nd, but I don't think you can beat 3.) Placing that debateable point aside for the moment, can anyone think of a clever gift I could purchase/craft that would in some way zing her and make the point?

I considered putting the respective DVD covers on a posterboard with a big 3 > 2 on it, but that seemed a little hokey. :smallamused:

averagejoe
2007-12-11, 08:19 PM
What's so yokel about secret Santa? :smallconfused: I've never lived anywhere near anything resembling a rurual area, but I've never heard of the term "pollyanna," except in reguards to the books.

Ditto
2007-12-11, 08:34 PM
Oh, nothing really. Just heckling folks who are different from me. I'll stubbornly label any covert gift-swapping operation pollyanna forever because that's what my family called it growing up, s'all.

2007-12-11, 09:37 PM
Just get a picture of the Mayor saying, "Raise your hand if you're immortal!"

Followed by a pic of Angel run through with a sword and getting sucked into hell.

Ditto
2007-12-12, 09:24 AM
A most excellent idea. It's hard to find pictures of the Mayor… any thoughts on that? I've found a few of Angel being stabbed, but they're rather tiny. I have the episode on my computer, so I might try to screencap that. What else… hm…

Nerd-o-rama
2007-12-12, 12:50 PM
Just buy him whatever cheap Faith merchandise you can. She's half the reason for season 3's superiority, and much prettier than the Mayor, who forms most of the other half.

Ditto
2007-12-12, 01:31 PM
It's for a gal. I don't know if she'd appreciate a Faith as much as she would an Angel, who is also very pretty and more to her tastes. (She rather prefers Angel to Buffy as a series, which is just... special. :smalltongue:) And the Mayor is clearly the majority of that share. He's hilarious.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-12-12, 02:29 PM
(She rather prefers Angel to Buffy as a series, which is just... special. :smalltongue:)
Oh. Well, if that's the case, there's no hope for her, as she's obviously from Bizzarro World.

EvilElitest
2007-12-12, 03:45 PM
Just get a picture of the Mayor saying, "Raise your hand if you're immortal!"

Followed by a pic of Angel run through with a sword and getting sucked into hell.

Now faith, i'm a family man and i don't like that sort of language. Now lets go kill your little friend

I have gained immortality
(Checks it off a to do list, gain immortality)

Ok guys, lets go out and kill them all. Oh and guys, try to cut down on the swearing

You realize that this relationship isn't going to end well. And i'm not talking about me killing both of you in a few days, but it really isn't going to work out

Spike-I'll be the man i was. I'll find here, wherever she is, tie her up, torture her until she likes me again :smallwink:
the mayor was great, but season 2 was good

Spike- Do we have any bloody security here?
Spike- If everyone who said they saw the crucifixion accually had been there, it would have been like bloody woodstock. I've been to woodstock accually, i bit me self a tree hugger, spent the next six hours watching me hand move
Spike- What can I say? I got bored.
Buffy- Do we really need weapons for this?
Spike- No i just like them, they make me feel all manly inside
Buffy's mom- Don't i know you?
Spike- Yeah, you hit me in the head with an axe, you know 'get away from my daughter
And Angel was a better villian than he was a main character, i hate him as a good guy (just plain whinny) but rather good as a villian.

from,
EE

2007-12-12, 06:03 PM
Spike was great in Season 2. Everything with him just went downhill from there.

Except for Angel season five, he was good in that, except for him beating Angel in the church, that pissed me off.

But that line from Angel:

Angel: Well, I never told you this...but...uh... I always kind of liked your poetry.
Spike looks at Angel disbelieveingly.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-12-12, 06:18 PM
Spike's a better villain than a hero (although he was still entertaining de-fanged in season 4...one word: wheatabix), and the same goes for Angel. Primarily because Angel with a soul is more than a little bit of a dumbass. Angelus, on the other hand, is an omnicidal mastermind who's only major flaw is preferring torture to murder. But he's damn good at torture.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, because in spite of a lack of Spike and a re-souled Angel, I still prefer season 3. Less angst (on average), more ass-kicking and The Mayor.

EvilElitest
2007-12-12, 07:07 PM
Spike's a better villain than a hero (although he was still entertaining de-fanged in season 4...one word: wheatabix), and the same goes for Angel. Primarily because Angel with a soul is more than a little bit of a dumbass. Angelus, on the other hand, is an omnicidal mastermind who's only major flaw is preferring torture to murder. But he's damn good at torture.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, because in spite of a lack of Spike and a re-souled Angel, I still prefer season 3. Less angst (on average), more ass-kicking and The Mayor.
What made spike greats was the fact is that he is a intellegent villian who the audience likes, a magnificent bastard. however, spikeization came in, and that just brought him down. I think if he was a villian in season 4 and died in the same manner that Greed in Full metal alchemist does, then he would be awesome. Or like the mayor, a good villian needs a good death
Angel is just annoying, oh good vampire, that isn't overused.
He isn't funny, just kinda nice and dumb. Angelus is like Kimblee from FMA, amazing and funny. If angle had died in Season 2, i would have considered Angle a good character, just for his evil side

Angelus- Dear gods, i haven't tortured somebody for ages. Hell, they didn't even have chainsaws back then
from,
EE